NEW -->

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby Sensei Jack » Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:06 am

Wait, back up, Mandark is this Susan? What's the story, I musta stopped watching Dexter before that episode. I know he has a sis, but that's all.
"So you have come this far and still you understand nothing" - Ansem, Kingdom Hearts

Postby Meowzy » Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:18 am

the story has been posted on page 2. look it up...
Do not be distraught. Always with the end, comes hope and rebirth.

Postby Sensei Jack » Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:28 am

Ahh, gracias. I guess college has made me kinda lazy.
"So you have come this far and still you understand nothing" - Ansem, Kingdom Hearts

Postby Icerider » Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:11 pm

Jack, there's no problem with that...
Just call me Ice

Re: NEW -->

Postby Paragon » Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:34 pm

Okay, My first impression of Dr. X was the standard I-wanna-destroy-the world-demon, which I hate. But seeing Dr. X in his pyjamas suddenly made him a real person to me so I finally accept him as a villain.

Bell's so cute.

Damn Bleedman, you're going too deep into this stuff. Not that that's bad, but one of the things I wanted to touch in the fanfic I'm writing you have already touched here (no, it's not the Susan stuff). I underestimated you Bleedman. Keep surprising me, like you do now....please.
"CNet News is reporting that Gator has forced PC Pitstop to remove Web pages that call Gator's software 'spyware.' The correct term, according to Gator, is 'adware.' The article states: 'If we find anyone publicly calling us spyware, we correct it and take action if necessary,' said Scott Eagle, Gator's senior vice president of marketing. So be careful what you say in your comments..."

Pssst, Gator --is-- spyware

Postby Icerider » Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:04 am

If you've got some fanfic it'd probably be great to read it!
Just call me Ice

Postby Paragon » Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:39 am

I'm planning to post it in the forums. But I'm currently busy trying to make Chapter Zero the way I want it. It's hard to write a decent story in a foreign language. Hopefully it will be better after I've finished the first two chapters. I've got some great ideas, so I'll post the first chapter as soon as I think it's good.
"CNet News is reporting that Gator has forced PC Pitstop to remove Web pages that call Gator's software 'spyware.' The correct term, according to Gator, is 'adware.' The article states: 'If we find anyone publicly calling us spyware, we correct it and take action if necessary,' said Scott Eagle, Gator's senior vice president of marketing. So be careful what you say in your comments..."

Pssst, Gator --is-- spyware

Postby Icerider » Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:19 am

Cool then. Can't wait.
Just call me Ice

Postby Sepher » Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:27 am

You just got to love Zim's narcissistic ninnyhammer-ness.
Originally the God of Blue Machinery, Shokaider.

Postby Sylvia Stout » Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:59 pm

Ya'know, I really don't like Bleedman's Zim. For one thing, he's much more of a wuss than series/original Zim. I can't imagine Zim tolerating being called "dimwitted," or doing menial labor for very long. He's just too egotistical (and possessive of his "mission." He wouldn't work for someone else).

On the other hand, I really, really love what Bleedman is doing with Mandark. Giving him depth, and everything. So I guess it's a mixed bag...

Not entirely sure how I feel about the new "supercool/smoothe/handsome" Dexter, but it's growing on me. I love his weapons on this page, and the billowing lab coat.
"Without Christmas, the US economy will collapse, anarchy will reign everywhere, and I WON'T GET MY PONY!" -- Earthworm Jim

"Ha, Ha-ha! Ha-ha! Ha-ha!" -- Mandark

Postby SemiJuggalo » Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:28 pm

Well, it was mentioned that the Tallest assigned Zim to work for the Darkstar Council. And as you all know, Zim is 100% loyal to the Tallest, despite the fact that he doesn't know that his invasion mission is a fraud.

Now that I think about it, the Tallest are probably glad that they no longer have to deal with him.
"You may have won the battle but I'm out of ammunition!" --The Four Postmen

Instead of constantly complaining about 4Kids, why not take action? Why not stop watching their butchered anime programming? You're only providing them with more undeserved ratings! That's what I did... after a while, actually.

I actually tried to give the 4Kids version of One Piece a chance, I REALLY DID! However, as the show progressed, I grew sicker and sicker of all the glaring edits and horrid voices! So, I've decided to avoid watching any 4Kids-related shows, which is a shame because the new Ninja Turtles cartoon is the only 4Kids show worth watching!

Saturday mornings are dead to me... way to go, Al Kahn!

Location: Somewhere cursing Keiji Inafune for pulling the extras from the MMX Collection.

Postby Lord Bale » Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:10 pm

I don't even like Zim at all! I was picturing someone else, someone who's badder and meaner than Zim, maybe Skulker from DP or Gary of FOP.
"Cross me, and die!"
- Eliphas the Inheritor

Postby Chaos Sepher » Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:14 pm

How about Tak from Invader Zim? If the Tallest really want to send some real help with the Darkstar Counsel in their play to conquor Earth, she would be a prime choice. She is evil, intelegent, and would jump at the chance to do something that idiot Zim couldn't.
Chaos will reign supreme and all will adhere to it's power!!! HA HA HA HA HA! >_> <_<

Postby Al Calnos » Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:20 pm

Chaos Sepher wrote:How about Tak from Invader Zim? If the Tallest really want to send some real help with the Darkstar Counsel in their play to conquor Earth, she would be a prime choice. She is evil, intelegent, and would jump at the chance to do something that idiot Zim couldn't.

Maybe the Tallest werent thinking striaght at the time, and too concerned about getting rid of Zim...

Postby Sylvia Stout » Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:21 pm

SemiJuggalo wrote:
Well, it was mentioned that the Tallest assigned Zim to work for the Darkstar Council. And as you all know, Zim is 100% loyal to the Tallest, despite the fact that he doesn't know that his invasion mission is a fraud.

Yeah, but like I said, Zim disobeys the Tallest a LOT when he doesn't feel like doing what he's been told to. He just deludes himself into thinking they were "just kidding," or something. He escaped from Foodcourtia twice after being banished there, he participated in Impending Doom I despite being told not to directly by the Tallest (heck, he didn't even delude himself there, he just flat-out disobeyed). That might be why he's a "defective" (almost all Irkens are stupid, so that's not why). If he were ordered to help non-Irkens conquer the world, he would probably laugh at the "joke" and then go off to build an army of evil robot mimes.

And Zim in the show can be pretty mean in a wacky Jhonen Vasquez way; he rips out children's organs and tortures people, and stuff. I remember someone here saying once that Zim just wouldn't be part of a team, and I'm starting to agree, that's all. Actually, Tak would be a better choice because she's more focused, etc. But I think the Tallest wouldn't send real help to any other species. They try to destroy/enslave everyone else, not help them. They were probably just trying to get rid of Zim.

The Tallest don't really respect Tak's genius yet, either. They're not good at recognizing competent Irkens. They shot the first Irken to conquer a planet in OID II into said planet because he was "too fat" (and short...and ugly). They're big jerks who just want to eat donuts all day.

Anyway, I realize I have way too much geeky knowledge of the IZ series, so I'm way too picky about characterization. I should definitely just relax. =P It's not a big deal. But other people got to whine about Blossom, so this was just some friendly nitpicking...mmm, yeah. :zzz: Oooh, something shiny. *runs off after it*
"Without Christmas, the US economy will collapse, anarchy will reign everywhere, and I WON'T GET MY PONY!" -- Earthworm Jim

Postby Chaos Sepher » Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:17 pm

I am just waiting for Zim to come in and confront the girls in his human "disguise" (which consists of a wig and contact lens that make it look like he has human eyes) dragging Dib and probably Gaz into a bigger role in the story.

Come to think of it, the Tallest probably did send in Zim as either a means of sabotage or a simple joke on the Darkstar Counsel because with Zims track recond, they probably figure Zim will single handedly screw up their entire plans of world domination.
Chaos will reign supreme and all will adhere to it's power!!! HA HA HA HA HA! >_> <_<

Postby Verec » Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:22 pm

Here is how the Council got Zim, The Tallest tell the Cluster about their 'agent', they told him to come, he wouldn't, they came and got him, and made him the maid. And yes the Tallest have about as much millitary skill as a five year old. A Irken comander needs no more. More then likely though they can recognize a threat, and given the mechanization of their empire they would likely lose a fight with the Cluster. Turning the SIR units would stop the Invaders cold.
"I saw it, there, in the sewers...for just a second. All hunched over, skin pale white beneath those rags...so many rags. The vermin crawled about his feet like idolaters at worship, and I swear that the wind drew breath in a frightened gasp at his passing. He wore cold like a cloak and I swear that behind that smiling golden mask he was laughing at me as his curved blade rose and fell, cutting through my men. It left wounds filled with crystals of salt...the screams...the screams...and the pants....Gods! The Pants!!!"
-Captain Urtin, who salted and ate his former soldiers.
"Jar-Jar you're a genius!"

Postby Chaos Sepher » Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:57 pm

At least Dr. X and the rest of the Counsel know that Zim is an idiot and only let him do cleaning duties. Of coarse, as mentioned, if Zim doesn't get any action soon he will probably go off himself and do something stupid. Dr. X will probably take a note from the Tallest's book and give Zim something that sounds important, yet meaningless to the grand sceme of things, whatever that sceme is. That use Zim as a decoy or something like that.

Postby Sylvia Stout » Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:15 pm

I would probably avoid employing as a cleaner someone who almost single-handedly destroyed his home planet. ^_^ (Plus Zim's a bad worker.) Hey! Tak would be better there, too...she has all those years of experience as a janitor on the very dirty planet Dirt. Not that I'm some twisted Tak fan trying to get her to replace Zim, or anything. I'm really not. *shifty eyes*

Random obscure IZ fact: Irkens are machines, too, actually. They're A.I. (term used loosely) whose brains are in their backpacks. The bodies are just there to carry the Pak computer brains around. If you attach the Pak to a human host, it will take over that human's body. There's an unaired episode where Zim takes over Dib's body.

Irkens can afford to be so stupid because...well, first of all, nearly everyone in IZ is stupid; humans, aliens, and squirrels alike. But also, it's because everything is really run by the Control Brains. The Tallest are figureheads, so you're right; they don't need to be very competent. As I said, Irkens are pretty technologically smart (although they also stole a lot of their stuff from a race called the Vortians...but they can make their own), but not much else. Tak is a special exception.

...that said, this has almost nothing to do with the comic, so I will stop. :) The comic is all about the PPG and Dexter. Bleedman still hasn't seen much IZ, so I doubt he thought about this silly stuff.

Postby SemiJuggalo » Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:35 am

Yeah, but maybe the Tallest told Zim that joining the Council was "part of his mission" or something.

Then again, B-man still hasn't gotten those DVDs, thus he has yet to FULLY know the greatness that is Zim. That's mostly why he hasn't got Zim and GIR quite right.

So we should cut him a little slack.

Instead of constantly complaining about 4Kids, why not take action? Why not stop watching their butchered anime programming? You're only providing them with more undeserved ratings! That's what I did... after a while, actually.

I actually tried to give the 4Kids version of One Piece a chance, I REALLY DID! However, as the show progressed, I grew sicker and sicker of all the glaring edits and horrid voices! So, I've decided to avoid watching any 4Kids-related shows, which is a shame because the new Ninja Turtles cartoon is the only 4Kids show worth watching!

Location: Somewhere cursing Keiji Inafune for pulling the extras from the MMX Collection.

Postby Crash » Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:17 am

you know, not everyone has seen that episode.... I cant receive CN anymore, so I have never seen that one...
Learning Kanji is like trying to memorize a cartoon, how to draw it, what the caption is, and what the caption MEANS. and most of the time there's more than one caption.

Postby Sylvia Stout » Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:19 am

Whaaaaat? Cut Bleedman slack?! Never!! I DEMAND PERFECTION FROM HIM LIKE THAT UNTO A GOD!!

...^_^ No, obviously, I'm kidding, like I said; it's not a big deal. And I have mentioned that I am OK with characters not being in character, too. I was just mentioning that I don't much like his version of that particular character, but that's not ruining the comic for me or anything. :)

But yep, it's all cool. ;)

Postby Kindred » Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:53 am

Is it me or do those throwing disks look kinda like the deviantArt symbol ?!
Do not fear the darkness, fear the things that live inside of it....

Postby SemiJuggalo » Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:08 pm

Those remind me of the D-shaped projectiles that he used when he was Dexstar ("Boy of Wonder!"). The episode where he teamed up with Blue Falcon and Dynomutt was the shit!

Seriously though, how is Bleedman gonna do this battle? He doesn't look like he brought his Dexosuit along (seen in chapter one), so I'm REALLY hoping that Bleedman has Dex use that slick, black power suit from Ego Trip.

Also, I wonder how long this trip into Mandark's past is gonna last?

Postby Icerider » Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:14 am

I love Dex's weapons in this one! I can't wait (as ususal) for the next update...
Just call me Ice

Previous

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)