NEW -->

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby Dark_slushie_plushie » Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:43 am

I just find Zim in a maid dress and Gir toasting marshmallows over Dr. X's head....way too funny.

Bell's cute when she's sleeping.

Muahahaha-YO-hahahaha!

Re: NEW -->

Postby A G.I.R Fan » Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:57 am

And i thought that Bleedman wasn't using G.I.R the way he should, ....

But seeing G.I.R cooking his marshmellows on Dr X Head prove me wrong.... lol

Postby SemiJuggalo » Sun Mar 06, 2005 1:36 pm

Okay, I take it that a lot of you have never seen the Dexter's Lab episode, "The History of Mandark."

Here's how it goes...

Mandark's parents are, in fact, hippies. When their son was born, he was named "Susan." I dunno, maybe they wanted a girl so bad that they gave him a girl's name. Well, anyhoo, as a baby, Susan was fascinated by science but his parents constantly made him take part in their hippy activities. Because his parents refused to involve him in anything scientific, a great darkness in his heart began to grow.

As little Susan got older, he wore his hair long and he was even made to wear a dress with sandals. When he and his parents moved into the suburbs, he met a boy who was tinkering with some sort of machine. Susan was impressed by his scientific prowess and they exchanged introductions. The boy genius called himself Dexter and Susan introduced himself.

Dexter began to laugh uncontrollably at him (because he thought he was talking to a girl), thus began their rivalry. Infuriated, Susan ran home, where he cut his hair into the style that he has now. He even constructed a larger (and more sinister-looking) laboratory than Dexter's. From that moment on, Susan became Mandark. Although his parents still call him Susan, despite his evil ways.

Sorry if I left out any details, but long story short--that person in the dress is definitely Mandark.
"You may have won the battle but I'm out of ammunition!" --The Four Postmen

Instead of constantly complaining about 4Kids, why not take action? Why not stop watching their butchered anime programming? You're only providing them with more undeserved ratings! That's what I did... after a while, actually.

I actually tried to give the 4Kids version of One Piece a chance, I REALLY DID! However, as the show progressed, I grew sicker and sicker of all the glaring edits and horrid voices! So, I've decided to avoid watching any 4Kids-related shows, which is a shame because the new Ninja Turtles cartoon is the only 4Kids show worth watching!

Saturday mornings are dead to me... way to go, Al Kahn!

Location: Somewhere cursing Keiji Inafune for pulling the extras from the MMX Collection.

Postby Nitro.exe » Sun Mar 06, 2005 1:51 pm

Yeah, I almost forgot about the Susan episode. What's really funny is that Dexter doesn't recognize Mandark as Susan and forgot about the whole incident. I'm really impressed with the character depth and accurancy of this doujin. My hat's off to Bleedman.
Koko de SHI NE!!

Postby Keyblade » Sun Mar 06, 2005 1:56 pm

Thanks for that recap SemiJiggalo, I haven't seen that episode in a while, but yea, bringing the susan thing in was a brilliant idea.

*Can't wait to see what happens when Dexter and Mandark meet for the final time*
Friends come and go, but enemies accumulate

Postby sootball » Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:04 pm

yeah, i knew it was mandark in a dress...man thats awful of his parents...

Postby Cali Defender » Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:07 pm

damn, doesn anybody else still boggle over the fact that Bleedman got over 4400 views in the first 8 hours? thats a record i believe in DA.

Postby sootball » Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:09 pm

what i find funny is the villain drinking tea in a frilly looking teacup....ha ha

Postby Al Calnos » Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:43 pm

sOotBall wrote:what i find funny is the villain drinking tea in a frilly looking teacup....ha ha

You can look like you came straight from hell, your motives be of world conquest, have the most sinister mind in the world, and still behave as a gentleman :P

Postby Rev » Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:49 pm

Those are the best kinds of villains, in my opinion.

BTW, Mandark's parents named him Susan because they wanted to give him a name that was above gender and that he could be proud of. Don't ask me why Susan was the result of this, because I definately don't know.
You say the glass is half full. I say the glass is half empty because some guy came and took a drink out of my glass, and now I'll probably die from some horrible disease like leprosy, but before I die I'll be shipped to an island to get electro-shock therapy, but it won't work and my arms will fall off and it's all because some guy took a drink from my glass! THAT's pessimism, my friends.

Postby Lord Bale » Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:33 pm

JoeEngland wrote:What gets to me isn't Dr. X in pajamas being all fatherly... plenty of the best super-villains show softer sides. What gets to me is how he keeps his bare-chested/long-sleeved costume motif, even with his bedclothes. But then, it makes sense when you think about it... those eyes on his chest are real. See, they're closed now.
Talk about being half-asleep...

-----------------------------
http://www.zebragirl.net

Slade, 1 of the baddest villians from Teen Titans, doesn't have a soft side at all! And I think Dr. X is pretty much like Slade: genius IQ, able to manipulate people to do his dirty chores, and things like that.
"Cross me, and die!"
- Eliphas the Inheritor

Postby PPGD Freak » Sun Mar 06, 2005 7:32 pm

Seeing Bell sleeping so peacefully like that almost makes me forget she's evil.

I want to hug her now. ^_^
Evil has a new face....

Postby SemiJuggalo » Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:16 pm

Oh, yeah. Just when I thought Bell couldn't get any cuter, she's just adorable sleeping with her GIR slippers!
"You may have won the battle but I'm out of ammunition!" --The Four Postmen

Instead of constantly complaining about 4Kids, why not take action? Why not stop watching their butchered anime programming? You're only providing them with more undeserved ratings! That's what I did... after a while, actually.

I actually tried to give the 4Kids version of One Piece a chance, I REALLY DID! However, as the show progressed, I grew sicker and sicker of all the glaring edits and horrid voices! So, I've decided to avoid watching any 4Kids-related shows, which is a shame because the new Ninja Turtles cartoon is the only 4Kids show worth watching!

Saturday mornings are dead to me... way to go, Al Kahn!

Location: Somewhere cursing Keiji Inafune for pulling the extras from the MMX Collection.

Postby Lord Bale » Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:20 pm

It does show 1 thing though: Villians have a funnier side too!

Funny villians:
Mumbo (TT): I think he's very funny!
Mojo Jojo (PPG): Anyone agrees with me that he's funny?
Vicky (FOP): Come on! She's been in so many funny scenes!
Skulker (DP): That episode with the gorilla involved was super funny! You think Skulker could be working for Dr. X?

Villians that are too serious:
Slade (TT): Isn't it obvious?
Trigon (TT): He ain't funny at all!
"Cross me, and die!"
- Eliphas the Inheritor

Postby Al Calnos » Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:12 pm

Eh, I really dont think this is actually showing Dr. X's "soft side". Hell, if I had a flaming head Id use it myself to roast marshmellows. Its also for comedy purposes. And why do we question Bleedman's hand and pencil?

Also...Dr. X is drinking tea... does he have a mouth??

Postby Baroque » Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:34 pm

...maybe it's gasoline, and he dumps it on his head.
Are we not drawn onward to new era?

Postby PS2kid » Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:45 am

I hope Bleedman keep the story short about Mandark's origin. We all have know about it from Cartoon Network. It's just wasting time to re-tell that story again.

Postby Icerider » Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:50 am

I didn't...first I knew of Susan was what was posted just before...
Just call me Ice

Postby Yoshi » Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:51 am

I think Bleedman should set the background of Mandark just for that reason. I personally knew about "Susan"
"Worst case scenario I'll get arrested for public nudity.
Best case scenerio I'll get arrested for public nudity with a boner. It's win win.
" ~ Dave
"Also Yoshi is the most important person in all of Australia." ~ Zepherin

Postby Icerider » Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:10 am

I've only ever watched a couple of the Dexter episodes, so that migh be why...
Just call me Ice

Postby Sylvia Stout » Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:17 am

Great leaping cats, so much crossdressing on one page...!

Yep, Mandark is Susan. I like how Bleedman's bringing up Mandark's past. *waves little Mandark flag* *is the world's only Mandark fangirl* :unsure:

Zim seems out of character to me, somehow, but oh, well. Bleedman said he hasn't seen the series much.

Oh, Bell is really cute, the slippers are cute, blah blah blah what everyone else has said. ^_^
"Without Christmas, the US economy will collapse, anarchy will reign everywhere, and I WON'T GET MY PONY!" -- Earthworm Jim

"Ha, Ha-ha! Ha-ha! Ha-ha!" -- Mandark

Postby Icerider » Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:24 am

lol I've got to dig up an old thread...You'll all see it soon. *pulls on his miner's gear* Be back soon!
Just call me Ice

Postby Rival » Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:11 am

corossive wrote:It does show 1 thing though: Villians have a funnier side too!

Funny villians:
Mumbo (TT): I think he's very funny!
Mojo Jojo (PPG): Anyone agrees with me that he's funny?
Vicky (FOP): Come on! She's been in so many funny scenes!
Skulker (DP): That episode with the gorilla involved was super funny! You think Skulker could be working for Dr. X?

Villians that are too serious:
Slade (TT): Isn't it obvious?
Trigon (TT): He ain't funny at all!

Mumbo is a little bit different in the series then he is in the original Comic but yeah he is funny. As for Vicky i really don`t think she should be on the list she isn`t a "real" villan. As for me i allways thought the best villan ever is the Joker, no one can be so diabolical and funny in the same time.
Stanisław Lem wrote:I hadn't known there were so many idiots in the world until I started using the Internet.

Postby Icerider » Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:17 am

I'm back! *dusts himself off and gets back to his normal clothes, Sims style* For all the Newbies here, check out the "Dexter gets a kiss from Blossom" thread. Cute pic in there.
Just call me Ice

Postby Verec » Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:47 am

Joker is just wrong man, he scares people. No one has laughed at a clown in years, they just aren't funny. So he has to use a nerve toxin to get his giggles. Vicky is a villlian in that she make life misserable for anyone she has power over, and has no moral sense.
"I saw it, there, in the sewers...for just a second. All hunched over, skin pale white beneath those rags...so many rags. The vermin crawled about his feet like idolaters at worship, and I swear that the wind drew breath in a frightened gasp at his passing. He wore cold like a cloak and I swear that behind that smiling golden mask he was laughing at me as his curved blade rose and fell, cutting through my men. It left wounds filled with crystals of salt...the screams...the screams...and the pants....Gods! The Pants!!!"
-Captain Urtin, who salted and ate his former soldiers.
"Jar-Jar you're a genius!"

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)