New Grim Tales: Conversation

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

New Grim Tales: Conversation

Postby zenieth » Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:09 am

I got an awww moment from this page, though I still am wondering if bleed was just being lazy in dialogue.
Bene Bene Grazie

Re: New Grim Tales: Conversation

Postby Teran » Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:11 am

very fucking lazy...
Disclaimer: If you don't agree with my opinion, I'm not a comic reviewer or a writer, I'm just an asshole. There, I just saved myself two months of psychological torment.

Postby ChibiStar » Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:25 am

I registered here today just to express my frustration over having waited so very very long to see some sort of resolution with this comic. To wake up today and see this comic where so much, yet so little might have been said.. the big moment everyone was waiting so patiently for, is very upsetting.

Postby Coos » Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:44 am

More slight traces of incest hooray.

Postby PS2kid » Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:53 am

Yep! He's just being lazy and want to end this comic as soon as possible so that he can concentrate on Sugarbits.

Postby k_money516 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:09 am

Except for the freak in the back, this was a very touching moment.
Minnie is probably shocked at the fact that Junior can actually understand her.
Something to put into thought, though, is the last thing they said to each other...
K_Money516... All Day Every Day

Postby Noble Atomic » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:14 am

I wonder what they were saying...

<_<

>_>

Coos wrote:More slight traces of incest hooray.

totally XD

Postby NeoVersion7 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:31 am

One can always Photoshop all the Demon Speech out and insert their own Lines instead. Assuming that Laziness does not get in the way of getting that done.
NeoWarrior7 wrote:Ah, I knew I made my clone too nice.

My Gallery: http://neoversion7.deviantart.com
Nonsensei

Postby Teran » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:34 am

k_money516 wrote:Except for the freak in the back, this was a very touching moment.

Spawn is not a freak. HE'S OSSUM!!!
Disclaimer: If you don't agree with my opinion, I'm not a comic reviewer or a writer, I'm just an asshole. There, I just saved myself two months of psychological torment.

Postby wolfboy1988 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:34 am

Translation please? Like other peoples here, this page made me go 'Aww'. Though the shadow (of spawn?) behind Junior and Minnie in the last panel makes me wonder what's gonna happen next...
Tiny Text Is Tiny!

A hero is just a man who knows he's free...

Postby Oodora Ryouko » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:54 am

well that was a rather odd (and abrupt) end with Spawny popping the story bubble ...probably time for him to take the kids back to mama and death err...i mean papa

Postby Ryley » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:59 am

Now that was funny! And cute, and touching, and "awwww!" and all of that. I was hoping for a heartwarming moment, and I think Bleedman really hit the nail on the head that time. The use of the shared speech really makes it unique and different when it could have been a bit cliche'.

So, was that Junior answering Minnie when she regained control of him? Or was that just the Nergal side, and he has picked up on it? Guess we'll never know.

And as for a transation; what was the last thing they said to each other? Hm... I wonder what this Image shape could represent?

Heh. No doubt in my mind as to what they said to each other. :D
Last edited by Ryley on Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Justy » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:00 pm

So totally not fair. I'm glad Junior and Minnie are talking to each other and resolving something between them, but I sure wish we can understand what they are saying! XD

I'm guessing that she is worried about her appearance, and he is telling her she looks fine, she is still Minnie; and I also think he may possibly be saying that no matter what, he will always be there for her. Yeah, it probably sound a bit sappy. it just occurred to me; if we were to translate what they are saying, would result in pages after pages after pages of their conversation in English. XD;;;
(Meaning the Nergal language may be too complex to be translated into a few simple English words.)

Nevertheless, it's sweet to see their heart-shaped dialogues in the second to the last panel ^.^
Last edited by Justy on Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Q.U. » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:09 pm

I don't speak Nergal,Klingon or Wookie so I'll leave it to your imagination.

What bullshit.

I see we're slowly getting back from the flashback. That means we have one or two pages left.

One can always Photoshop all the Demon Speech out and insert their own Lines instead. Assuming that Laziness does not get in the way of getting that done.

Never challenge my laziness.

This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.

Postby Ryley » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:10 pm

Justy wrote:So totally not fair. I'm glad Junior and Minnie are talking to each other and resolving something between them, but I sure wish we can understand what they are saying! XD

Yeah, but as I said, it's pretty obvious, especially the last panel. (And Junior adding the little "wings" at the bottom is an interesting twist, he probably said something like, "I love you too, Sis") I interpreted it more as Minnie saying something, possibly to herself, about what she had to go through, and Junior surprising her by knowing her speech. But the theme is there if not the exact words.

In a way, it's better we can't "overhear" this private moment between them. It lets us speculate about what they said. :D

And QU, you have just won the awesome award for the day. And you're probably also right.

Heh. And I didn't even notice Bleedman's comment. That ups the humor factor by about ten.

Postby AngelLilly » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:19 pm

As with everyone else, I also think it was just a moment to reassure Minnie that she is still loved (as a sister) and is still very attractive. And yeah, she was probably surprised that Junior could understand her. *shrug*

I wish that the dialogue was in english, but what are we gonna do? Riot? I think I'll wait patiently for the next few pages. Once Grim Tales is over, that leave more time for Sugar Bits and PPGD. =3
The Sugar to your Spice

Postby fireknight » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:34 pm

AngelLilly wrote:As with everyone else, I also think it was just a moment to reassure Minnie that she is still loved (as a sister) and is still very attractive. And yeah, she was probably surprised that Junior could understand her. *shrug*

I wish that the dialogue was in english, but what are we gonna do? Riot? I think I'll wait patiently for the next few pages. Once Grim Tales is over, that leave more time for Sugar Bits and PPGD. =3

Don't forget about afterbirth

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:40 pm

AngelLilly wrote:I wish that the dialogue was in english, but what are we gonna do? Riot? I think I'll wait patiently for the next few pages.

We could hunt down Bleedman, rough him up a bit, make him to listen to "surfing bird" on a continious loop for a few days, then force him to put english in.

I like the way that Minnie and Junior have their own secret language now, it justs seems really adorable now and them talking to eachother now, for some reason i doubt they talked much before all it happened and i like the way it shows how much better they get along with each other now, they look soooooo cute together now, i'm still hoping to see junior hug Minnie back one of these days.

I thought it was cute too, especially with the hearts in the second last panel, but for some reason i doubt it's spawn in the last panel, i mean i know it looks like him but what would he be doing there?
oh yeah, you're right teran4ever, GO SPAWN

I think it would be funnier if when Spawn went "ahem" Minnie and Junior's eyes went really wide and they just looked frozen together.
Last edited by MQuinny1234 on Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:37 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Ian1239 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:42 pm

er.. nice translation there Q.U. l ol
well after grim tales, i wonder when he will start GTAB
When stuck, how to make good decisions? Through experience. How to obtain that experience? Through bad decisions.
No Retreat, No Regret

Postby thetzar » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:48 pm

Bleedman wasn't lazy...
but he totally chickened out on this page. (probably because of all these "grimcest" disputes. Some people are just so closed-minded)

Postby Justy » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:51 pm

I thought it was cute too, especially with the hearts in the second last panel, but for some reason i doubt it's spawn in the last panel, i mean i know it looks like him but what would he be doing there?

It is obviously Spawn. As what he is doing there, go back to http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=89 ;)

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:54 pm

You cant really blame him, but considering that he's probably already been yelled at or told off because of the panty-shots and other slightly pedophilic (did i spell it right) stuff, etc, then he probably wouldn't be too worried about people telling him off for grimcest.

He's probably just lazy and who can blame him, GT been going on for like five years and even though i've always loved it i'd understandd if he was tired of it, he has to do all the work
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Justy » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:55 pm

In a way, it's better we can't "overhear" this private moment between them. It lets us speculate about what they said. :D

I agree. ;)

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:57 pm

Justy wrote:It is obviously Spawn. As what he is doing there, go back to http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=89 ;)

He says he's never met someone like them before so it's kind of clear its the first time hes seen them.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Orzorn » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:08 pm

Rather than trying to explain what they said, one could much more easily explain it through their facial expressions.

Minnie looked sad in the second panel, probably relenting over something or feeling bad for what had happened. Junior reassured her that she shouldn't feel bad and that he loved her, which is why she looks surprised in the fourth panel. Obviously, the hearts in the fifth means that Minnie said she loves Junior, and he replied that he loved her as well.

I'm not angry, just a little irked, that we didn't get to see the details of this conversation. We know what they were talking about and what the conclusion was, but not exactly what they said, like why Minnie felt sad or how Junior managed to cheer her up. I suspect it was a combination of apologizing for his actions and feelings in the past and also explaining how he had come to feel about Minnie recently, which is why she was so surprised that he felt that way.

Next

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)