Who else thinks America is screwed up right now?

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby theonemoogle » Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:24 pm

Don't worry so much about the world, we die however and whenever we die
I have a swarm, and im not afraid to use it!!!

Re: Who else thinks America is screwed up right now?

Postby Cascade » Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:26 pm

That's the totally wrong way of looking at things. There is such thing as a bad life philosophy. Living by such a philosophy, why would you ever be motivated to accomplish anything when you know it will amount to nothing?
FUKKATSU

Postby theonemoogle » Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:27 pm

Never said i didn't want to be remembered
I have a swarm, and im not afraid to use it!!!

Postby Crash » Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:27 am

everyone dies when his time has come.. live with it..
as for Japan, they dont dislike foreigners just because they be forgeign, they dont like cuz they have different standards, and gernally dont really put much effort in trying to udnerstand the finer things of Japanese culture...
and... ONLY 5%? do you have any idea ow much that is worth?
as for the most oil from saudi, the US couldnt attack them! the whole world would fall over them (ever more than they allready did), because there's no real dictator there... Saddam was a reason.. even if it was a bad one..
Learning Kanji is like trying to memorize a cartoon, how to draw it, what the caption is, and what the caption MEANS. and most of the time there's more than one caption.

Postby Bolt_Crank » Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:10 am

Well I wrote this long post about NK, Iraq, the US blagh blagh but due to the evil :cussing: Microsoft IE :badday: it was all lost. So since Im lazy :bird: and dont want to type it again ill just say. . .

USA = Trying its best
Evil = Evil
Young = Free to make opinions
Old = More trips to the bathroom :fuckedup:
WMD + Iraq = We thought they did!
Iraq - WMD = Whoops :brickwall:
America Fucked up? = No more than usual
Here < There = Not always.
North Korea + WMD = lol they wish
Japan > All = Umm no but it is a nice place to visit. IMO (bring $$$$ then some more $$$$)

then again im sure you didnt want to read that long thing i wrote anyway.

Ok back to work :zzz:
Where Logic meets pocket lint.

Postby Cali Defender » Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:34 pm

Im sick of other countries saying we dont respect them, that were just a militaristic machine bent on planting ourseves across the globe, that we dont help this world in any way.

Lemme remind you of a few things, Imperialistic? hell yea, all of Europe is/was imperialistic as well, and as far As America trying to be everywhere and play super cop, hell its what we do best.

With great power comes responsibility, recognize that quote? Spiderman, same movie: The only thing people love to see more than a hero, is to see a hero fail.

Yeah, i ripped a quote from a movie, but dammit, it applies. Lemme also remind of some occupations America has made, Yes us greedy Americans have taken up whole fields, forsts, and beaches of other countries...and what did/do we use them for? To throw our dead into, but wait! We didnt throw our dead there, apparently They died in pursuit...not of our freedom, but yours. Over 10000 white crosses occupy fields in Frances normandy area, over 10000 men who gave there lives in a different land, who sacrificed a burial in there own country, who chose, not to ever see there land again, in order to deliver to other countries what they had.

There are white crosses all over the world like this, Men and women, who will never be known by anything more than a few pieces of wood lying in the soil of an ungrateful land. Some dont even get that much.

Well, ive ranted enough, let me just conclude with this: Before you decide what Amerrica does is wrong, consider htat we actually do something.

Postby Cascade » Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:21 am

While I mostly agree with you, I think that America DOESN'T have to act as the world's policeman. There was a time when America could persue isolationist policy. I still think that besides our business interests and interests of national security, there is no need to ally with others even in Europe if we need to do something. Then again, we are sort of expected to behave a certain way regarding our disproportionately strong military.
FUKKATSU

Postby Alpha » Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:36 am

First off like what, 98% of the people who posted here don't have any idea of what they're talking about?

Oh you wanna talk about saddam?
the iraq war?
attack justification?

Most of you don't even know where iraq is so before you even try to START a post about ANYTHING, hell, even as much as a TYPO in a political thread maybe you should grow out of those diapers and understand the difference between an actual debate and whining wich may I add...is a line blurred by topics such as this.

Postby Vidfreek » Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:47 am

only problem i've got with america is thier problem with canada and mexico and everybody i've asked gave me a ''because they're gay'' or a ''because they do lots of dog sledging''.

ok, how is canada gay? its a beautiful country, and lemme tell you, there is NOT alot og dog sledging. there's SOME, but not alot. and since i have nothing to say about mexico and dont know why you dont like mexico, i cant think of any valid arguements.

Postby Shebum Devi » Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:07 am

I fart in your general direction... the end.
He's not having a seizure, he's just roffling. • Behind every great woman, there is an ass. • Fuck Salt! - Tourette's guy

Location: Where am I? Home... without the internets. Need to call comcast, but too lazy.

Postby Crash » Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:53 am

and with that, lets just let this die allright? these types of things just cant be won..
Learning Kanji is like trying to memorize a cartoon, how to draw it, what the caption is, and what the caption MEANS. and most of the time there's more than one caption.

Postby Rival » Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:30 am

Caligula (DSA) wrote:Im sick of other countries saying we dont respect them, that were just a militaristic machine bent on planting ourseves across the globe, that we dont help this world in any way.

Lemme remind you of a few things, Imperialistic? hell yea, all of Europe is/was imperialistic as well, and as far As America trying to be everywhere and play super cop, hell its what we do best.

With great power comes responsibility, recognize that quote? Spiderman, same movie: The only thing people love to see more than a hero, is to see a hero fail.

Yeah, i ripped a quote from a movie, but dammit, it applies. Lemme also remind of some occupations America has made, Yes us greedy Americans have taken up whole fields, forsts, and beaches of other countries...and what did/do we use them for? To throw our dead into, but wait! We didnt throw our dead there, apparently They died in pursuit...not of our freedom, but yours. Over 10000 white crosses occupy fields in Frances normandy area, over 10000 men who gave there lives in a different land, who sacrificed a burial in there own country, who chose, not to ever see there land again, in order to deliver to other countries what they had.

There are white crosses all over the world like this, Men and women, who will never be known by anything more than a few pieces of wood lying in the soil of an ungrateful land. Some dont even get that much.

Well, ive ranted enough, let me just conclude with this: Before you decide what Amerrica does is wrong, consider htat we actually do something.

Well in my opinion the USA shouldn`t be described as a hero Because a true hero acts to save people without any personal interests. But the US start war out of personal reason`s like oil. It isn`t something terrible afterall every country thinks about itself in the first place, but they shouldn`t be called a hero since they act like any other country.
Stanisław Lem wrote:I hadn't known there were so many idiots in the world until I started using the Internet.

Postby Nitro.exe » Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:03 am

I know Crash said let this thing die cuz it can't be won, but a few interesting thoughts have been posted that I'd like to comment on:

Im sick of other countries saying we dont respect them, that were just a militaristic machine bent on planting ourseves across the globe, that we dont help this world in any way.

Heroes? Don't make me laugh. Where are we in Africa, where ppl are dying of AIDS regularly and Fascists dictators run rampant? Where are we in N. Korea trying to disarm them? Superheroes definitely do NOT apply in politics. Even if we WERE doing the right thing (which is questionable), it was for the WRONG reason. We went to 'disarm Saddam', remember? we went because we were mobilizing the 'War on Terror' in a country in which Bin Laden was NOT inhabiting, to search and seize weapons that were NEVER THERE. The end result: destabilization in a land that was relatively stable. So-called freedom in a land that never asked for nor wanted our help. Destruction where there was civilization. And in reality, a gigantic mess that has no viable justification, and so Bush falls back on "moral values". You seem to be one of many that have fallen into the same propaganda trap. America needs to fall back on the Monroe doctrine, and stay out of international affairs.

Well in my opinion the USA shouldn`t be described as a hero Because a true hero acts to save people without any personal interests. But the US start war out of personal reason`s like oil. It isn`t something terrible afterall every country thinks about itself in the first place, but they shouldn`t be called a hero since they act like any other country.

I'm an American and I'll tell you with NO hesitation that you are absolutely correct. War is waged for gain, and when that gain was not publicly achieved, Bush then put on the facade of America being self-sacrificing and benevolent. The only heroes here are the troops, sacrificing their lives for their country, and a war that they may or may not (most likely not) believe is right.

only problem i've got with america is thier problem with canada and mexico and everybody i've asked gave me a ''because they're gay'' or a ''because they do lots of dog sledging''.

ok, how is canada gay? its a beautiful country, and lemme tell you, there is NOT alot og dog sledging. there's SOME, but not alot. and since i have nothing to say about mexico and dont know why you dont like mexico, i cant think of any valid arguements.

You, sir have spoken to some very poor representatives of our country. Most ppl in this country have no problem with Canada or Mexico, many have no problem with gays, and I personally like dog sledding. There are some ignorant jerks in this country, but the only reason they seem like the majority is because they're loud. We have free speech in this country, so that (unfortunately) gives them free license to be as loud and obnoxious as they want.

And I take it noone picked up on Alpha with his 'Alpha' post? here's the recap:
First off like what, 98% of the people who posted here don't have any idea of what they're talking about?

Oh you wanna talk about saddam?
the iraq war?
attack justification?

Most of you don't even know where iraq is so before you even try to START a post about ANYTHING, hell, even as much as a TYPO in a political thread maybe you should grow out of those diapers and understand the difference between an actual debate and whining wich may I add...is a line blurred by topics such as this.

First off.... do YOU have any idea what YOU'RE talking about? Most of the ppl here have valid arguments, friend.

Yeah, we've been talking about Saddam, and the war, and justification. But u haven't said anything about any of the aforementioned subjects.

Do YOU know where Iraq is? Can you give me the coordinates? Do you even know what people LIVE there?

It's funny how we shouldn't post typos in a political thread.... when you've got a shitload of them.

It's also funny how you're accusing us of whining when it seems all you're doing is BITCHING. WE, on the other hand, are having a discussion, not exactly a debate.

I'll bet you were a Bush voter weren't you..... oh wait, you're NOT OLD ENOUGH! We should get out of our diapers when YOU are younger than 75% of those who posted here..... sounds pretty backwards to me. (I'll be able to vote this year.) Take this advice. Go back to your Political science class (if you're taking one) read the news, let your balls drop and come back when your ready to engage in an intellegent discussion and not make your self look like a damned idiot.
Koko de SHI NE!!

Postby Yoshi » Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:12 am

Ummm should we have this locked, or what? I have no flaming (Pun intended) idea.
"Worst case scenario I'll get arrested for public nudity.
Best case scenerio I'll get arrested for public nudity with a boner. It's win win.
" ~ Dave
"Also Yoshi is the most important person in all of Australia." ~ Zepherin

Postby Mia the Boy Slayer » Sun Mar 06, 2005 1:59 am

SO this does mean I'm lucky to not be living in USA ^^
My icy gaze just kills you........for real.

Location: If ur a boy, I'm behind you now, trying to kill you.

Postby Cali Defender » Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:03 am

no, not really, no.

Postby enanogrande1 » Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:45 pm

The truth is, the world isnt fucked up. It never will be. Are people living happy lives? Yes. Granted, there is political unrest, but there always has and always will be political unrest. You want to change that? Alright then, most of us are young enough to still choose our careers, do it. Become a politician. Do all you can to 'right the wrongs' in the world. Who knows, you might suceed with some of them. And then again, you'll see some 'wrongs' arent wrongs at all.

EDIT:

Also, before any of you start dissing/judging other countries, ever been there? As a person who's lived in 3 countries (Japan and U.S. included), i can say that these places you are speaking of are, for the most part, nothing like what you people say they are.

Postby Mr_Rose » Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:46 pm

Cascade wrote:
Eclipse wrote:while this is off topic, you should check out some of the articles at outpostnine. com I black guy has been teaching over in japan for a few months or so

and i never said america NEEDED the oil, i was implying GW just WANTED to take it. Y'know, Greed and all that there

Fact: W sold his oil company.
Fact: Iraq produces only 5% of the world's oil
Fact: We get most of our oil from Saudi Arabia
Fact: A surplus of oil damages domestic oil companies
Fact: Bush owned (past tense) a domestic oil company
Fact: Getting oil from Iraq would cause a surplus of oil

Fact: No-one else in the Bush clan did.
Fact: The US consumes 25% of the total world oil production annually.
Fact: The Saudi government is far more likely to be funding terrorists than Iraq ever was.
Fact: Surplus oil damages only those who aren't supplying it.
Fact: The entire Bush clan made their collective fortune from oil, not just GW Jnr.
Fact: Iraq is already supplying oil, there is no "extra" to be had that would cause an excess.

Tell me this, if you had a crisis in the supply of something you wanted, that was caused by collusion between all the largest suppliers, and you saw an opportunity to take over one of the smaller suppliers in the short term, to relieve some of the pressure and use as a bargaining chip against the big guys, whilst simultaneously increasing your own cashflow, what would you do?
Getting oil from Iraq would only hurt American interests if it weren't American companies that are being paid to do the getting - using funds from the Iraqi government coffers - as part of the "reconstruction effort" that wouldn't have been needed if the US hadn't gone into Iraq in the first place.
Coincidentally, Saddam Hussein was installed on the throne of Iraq as a democratic leader, then promptly had many of his own party arrested, and the opposition driven underground. Shortly thereafter, he invaded Iran, with military and financial support from the US...
You are right on one thing though - being a Muslim in Serbia does suck. But then, so does being pretty much anyone in the former Soviet states these days... as for being Jewish in Israel; WTF? Israel is the Jewish State; that's ike saying it sucks to be a Catholic in Ireland.
So you think living in Sweden sucks? Try living in America where you can't even get basic medical care if you don't have any money; where the gun crime rate is so high you're gonna want that basic medical care, and soon; where the state school system has kid's locked up for expressing creativity; where people think having public services is a bad thing. D'you wasnt me to go on?
Cascade also wrote:I sure as hell don't trust the political judgements of anyone younger than 16, because I learned a lot about politics inbetween 17-18.

And I learned a hell of a lot more in the next five years, so why should I trust your political opinion? Or is it just that because it took you seventeen years to figur out that politics had a personal impact on your life, you can't conceive of the idea of someone else waking up before then?

Postby stray » Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:37 am

XD

all i gotta say is
Japan Idolism is ... almost as bad as American Idol
well...somewhere near

and yea, America is screwed up...but not only now, it's always been screwed up. History shows how much of a screwup America was when She was growing up. Even with the best president it will still be a screwed up country in the future.

of course, when it's our turn to get jobs and pay taxes, we're going to be horribly screwed because of the way Bush got us into a deficit... ... ... but that's when i'll leave the country and go trapaising around Africa, doling out food and trying not to get shot in the head.

Previous

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)