Who else thinks America is screwed up right now?

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Who else thinks America is screwed up right now?

Postby Altoids7 » Sun Feb 27, 2005 4:34 pm

Hey, I noyiced that in teh "Post your picture darn it~!..." subject, everybody was talking about the war and g. bush and everything. And many posts were... how do I say this... complaining? Not in a bad annoying way though... you know what I mean. Well... I've been complaining alot about it lately, and it seems that there are people who agree!

Ok, for one thing, bush didn't have any actual eveidance that Iraq had weapons. So he wants to go there, right? Well, the United Nations says its a bad idea. But of course bush is the all mighty presidant and doens't listen. So, we send our troops into Iraq and this whole mess starts, when surprise surpirise, we dont find any weapons! So then bush says "Erm, well... to find weapons wasn't the real reason we went to Iraq... hehe... it was because we wanted to help the people! Yeah... thats it..." So, we get thsi whole war started and all this junk. And you know what? Some people say that we should take our troops out of Iraq bacause its getting too rough, even though we already promised to stay there and help.

This is one of the many reasons why I want to move to Japan.
Well, fuck.

Postby Acktoo » Sun Feb 27, 2005 4:43 pm

Look. The whole world is screwed up, not just the US of A. All humans are fucked up, too. Our species as a whole is screwed up. Period.
Too good for you.

Re: Who else thinks America is screwed up right now?

Postby Cascade » Sun Feb 27, 2005 4:44 pm

Forget it. I'm not going to pick on a 12 year old. Come back when you're out of your diapers, and then you just might be ready for a political discussion.
FUKKATSU

Postby Jack Salem » Sun Feb 27, 2005 5:05 pm

Hmmmm....Not trying to make you a target but, every anime-fanboy (or fangirl in your case) their answer to the troubles of america is 'I wanna live in Japan nowz Kthnksbi' becasue Japan is obviously this perfect world where everything is soo awsome. Sure our trade buildings are totalled, sure Bush is a total dickweed retard, but people underestimate and take for granted the advantages of having a chance to live in America. Whats more annoying is how they think Japan would be an infinitly better place to live. They get the wrong idea.

For example (not saying this is you) A lot of anime freaks rap about how crappy american animation/movies is. They also whine about Brittany Spears, or Jennifer whats-her-face and think that in Japan they can pretty much escape the media. Well, when you live in Japan, and you have to deal with some overratted show that the media tries to shove down your throat, its not that much of a step up.

It's people in general. Its the same way the other way around. For some, if something crap happens in Japan some people will go 'I wanna live in the states nowz kthnksbi' because America is obviously this perfect world where everything is sooo awsome. Is it? Truth is, like someone said, shit will happen everywhere. Honestly, you're better off having that shit happen in the states or something, instead of Japan. At least you have a bit more security and 'troops' that CAN defend you. [intellectually void and ignorant comment]OMG I'd love it for Hiroshima to happen again while I'm playing DDR in the arcade!!![/intellectually void and ignorant comment]

Okay, thats it for my little rant.

Forget it. I'm not going to pick on a 12 year old. Come back when you're out of your diapers, and then you just might be ready for a political discussion.

Now, cascade, that wasn't very nice. Whoever wants to engage in politics can, it doesn't necessarily have to be her.

Postby Kindred » Sun Feb 27, 2005 5:24 pm

:brickwall: Agh, why did I read this. No, I'm going to resist. Else I'm going to get into huge debate with bush supporters etc. Lets just leave it at this:

Whatever we do, humanity is screwed.
Do not fear the darkness, fear the things that live inside of it....

Postby Acktoo » Sun Feb 27, 2005 5:29 pm

What I said resounds and echoes.
Too good for you.

Postby CPUX » Sun Feb 27, 2005 5:30 pm

I find that politics is one of those things that, if you don't worry about it so much and rather focus on things that are really important, like living and junk, it doesn't really matter all that much. Sure helps get rid of a lot of unnecessary stress. Of course, I'm just a naive college student with no real grasp of how the world works, so what do I know? :P
Ojikay zuku ka?

Postby Jay » Sun Feb 27, 2005 5:33 pm

Nyah, Japan. Japan has it's perks, so does the states, Canada, Hong Kong, China. Japan, anime freaks will get totally owned by the japanese when the japanese says how the animes you watch are complete and utter crap. Then the states, they currently hold the biggest economy, the baby boomer generation is soon going to do a large scale retirement so soon, many jobs will open across all types jobs, same with Canada. Canada, high sales tax, health care owns the states, the prime minister isn't anything like George Bush for the most part, and little to no terrorism due to it's peaceful nature. It also gets the perks of one of the most well trained armies and protection of the US without being hated for having such a protection since it's not really ours. China, economy rising QUICKLY, shall soon over take the states like no other, Hong Kong is pirater paradise, VERY easy to get a job if you know both english and chinese (whether it be madarin or cantonese). Bad thing, gigantic cockaroaches and large numbers of them too. Along with many rats. Jamaica, highest murder rate all over the world last I check. It's really what country suits you the most. Oh yes, China and Japan equals walking, using subways or buses as trasportation A LOT. Western is more your own car then otherwise.
Internet Celebrity ToastCrust
Twitter | Transistor Glamor | FFXIV: Lenini Leni (Hyperion)
RP Mod of the 3rd Astral Era

Postby Twilight » Sun Feb 27, 2005 6:02 pm

And it was such a nice forum too...
You are no commander, you are a threat to the mission! Your methods are stupid, your intellegence is stupid, your progress has been STUPID! For the sake of the mission, you must be terminated!-GIR

Postby Cascade » Sun Feb 27, 2005 6:13 pm

Now, cascade, that wasn't very nice. Whoever wants to engage in politics can, it doesn't necessarily have to be her.

Don't make me laugh. This isn't anything new that I haven't heard before. Normally I wouldn't be such an ass, but I've heard the same hyperbole-ridden crap from little kids so often that I can't help myself. If anything, I'm being twice as civil as I feel like being.
FUKKATSU

Postby Altoids7 » Sun Feb 27, 2005 6:42 pm

Cascade wrote:........

WHY THE FUCK DOES EVERYONE JUDGE ME BECAUSE I'M YOUNGER?! Just because I'm younger then you doesn't mean I'm a friggin four year old. I have had many political discussions, thank you, and at least I'm not one of those drones at my school that just accepts every single thing the government says without thinking about it first.And I don't care if you're being twice as civil as you feel like being, go on, 'pick on' me. I really dont give a damn.

Jack Salem, I'm not saying Japan is perfect. I don't want to move there and stay FOREVER, I suppose, but I wnt to at least visit. People want to visit Disney World, that has its downs too. But they still want to go. Japan is a facinateing place, my dad went there when hee was youngher and told me about it, I don't want to go just because I'm a 'fangirl'.

I know everywhere has it's ups and downs, but that doesnt mean i still don't want to go.

Erg... I should just stop posting subjects, all it gets me are complaints.
Well, fuck.

Postby Acktoo » Sun Feb 27, 2005 6:49 pm

Get used to it. We all jump on each other in these forums. For fun, or for the hell of it, or whatever. Complaints are commonplace here. Just ignore them.
Too good for you.

Postby Jack Salem » Sun Feb 27, 2005 6:55 pm

WalkingInTheRain wrote:
Cascade wrote:........

WHY THE FUCK DOES EVERYONE JUDGE ME BECAUSE I'M YOUNGER?! Just because I'm younger then you doesn't mean I'm a friggin four year old. I have had many political discussions, thank you, and at least I'm not one of those drones at my school that just accepts every single thing the government says without thinking about it first.And I don't care if you're being twice as civil as you feel like being, go on, 'pick on' me. I really dont give a damn.

Jack Salem, I'm not saying Japan is perfect. I don't want to move there and stay FOREVER, I suppose, but I wnt to at least visit. People want to visit Disney World, that has its downs too. But they still want to go. Japan is a facinateing place, my dad went there when hee was youngher and told me about it, I don't want to go just because I'm a 'fangirl'.

I know everywhere has it's ups and downs, but that doesnt mean i still don't want to go.

Oh, sure, Japan is awsome if you want to visit. 97% of my comments weren't directed at you directly unless it pertains to you so don't sweat it, k?

Cascade: I can make you laugh any time I want to!....er...(ooohh, REAL smooth, Jack! That came out PERFECTLY offensive. He probably wants to hang himself right about now :brickwall: ). If you don't want to post, for the love of crap, DON'T POST, 'cause you know a post like 'I'll wait until you grow out of diapers' is BOUND to offend SOMEONE. Thats just needless fightin' words there, what do you expect her to say. "Okay, Cascade! You just wait a year or two and I'll be out of 'em in a jiffy?". No, just, don't do it, k?

Postby Spruce Moose » Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:04 pm

WalkingInTheRain wrote:

Let's review the facts:
Inuyasha avatars can be a sign of retarded fangilrs/boys.(but ceratainly not always)

Walkingintherain sounds like some angsty tween AIM screename.(but not always)

Title:Fufu Master-sounds like a retarded fangirl/boy (but not always)
Yet all this combined with an eleven year-old: makes a huge red flag for not taking you seriously.

Then I see the same Bush-hating argument I've seen a thousand times, only much less well-written. I'm not a hater or defender, but when one side makes an argument, I only listen to good ones.

And you make the statement about moving to Japan, which in your original post said "move", not "visit".

Then when someone expresses total distrust in your credibility, you lash out with all caps and a "what the fuck".

I don't know you, so I don't know if you really do have the maturity to have good political disscussions. But your current signals say no. Loudly.

Postby Wizard » Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:04 pm

Well, if North Korea fires, WWIII, then we're screwed. All of us. :fuckedup:

Postby Spruce Moose » Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:05 pm

Wizard wrote:Well, if North Korea fires, WWIII, then we're screwed. All of us. :fuckedup:

Seconded. At least I don't live in ol' California. Like that'll help in the long run...

Postby Jay » Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:08 pm

Not Canada :P Or China, or quite a few countries. North Korea could fire, but then they'd be gang fucked by the UN, China, and America plus a few others. Even Canada might join in on the beating. Anyways, North Korea doesn't really have the strength to take down America right now, they're biding their time. Probably waiting for the mass retirement of people when the Baby Boomers start retiring and the US starts getting tons of spaces in it's work force.
Internet Celebrity ToastCrust
Twitter | Transistor Glamor | FFXIV: Lenini Leni (Hyperion)
RP Mod of the 3rd Astral Era

Postby Altoids7 » Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:21 pm

Guys, do me a favor and let this sink to the very bottom of the forum.
Well, fuck.

Postby Nitro.exe » Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:24 am

I think the fact that society as a whole reelected the bastard pretty much proves that America is pretty fucked up right now. "The war is wrong, we're in debt now, Bush is an idiot, etc., etc.".... the writing's on the wall, yet "we" reelected the bastard. But, oh well, what's done is done, and we americans are reduced to sitting back and watching what the fuck-up is gonna do next. Our troops are still in a country that didn't ask for our help and has resisted it at every turn, costing us lives and immense amounts of money, all for a country that.... noone seems to really care about. Other than for "moral reasons" lol. That's funny. Morals in politics. Why did we invade in the first place? Personal vendetta? (likely) Oil? (More likely) If u believe its for WMDs or because of "moral reasons", I'm sorry, but you're a damn fool. Were are we in Africa, where people are getting slaughtered every day? Where are we in N. Korea, where they ACTUALLY HAVE WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION?! Something to think about. And Guess what? We're stuck with the dumbass 'til 2009. JOY! We're FUCKED about now. Then again, so is every other place, as well as humanity itself, which has BEEN fucked since only God knows when. What else is new?
Koko de SHI NE!!

Postby Cali Defender » Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:50 pm

Altoids7 wrote:Hey, I noyiced that in teh "Post your picture darn it~!..." subject, everybody was talking about the war and g. bush and everything. And many posts were... how do I say this... complaining? Not in a bad annoying way though... you know what I mean. Well... I've been complaining alot about it lately, and it seems that there are people who agree!

Ok, for one thing, bush didn't have any actual eveidance that Iraq had weapons. So he wants to go there, right? Well, the United Nations says its a bad idea. But of course bush is the all mighty presidant and doens't listen. So, we send our troops into Iraq and this whole mess starts, when surprise surpirise, we dont find any weapons! So then bush says "Erm, well... to find weapons wasn't the real reason we went to Iraq... hehe... it was because we wanted to help the people! Yeah... thats it..." So, we get thsi whole war started and all this junk. And you know what? Some people say that we should take our troops out of Iraq bacause its getting too rough, even though we already promised to stay there and help.

Well, I wont judge you cus your younger....thats retarded, However, I will say, you can go to hell. America is the best place in the world to live. Its like living in a fire over living in hell, or tartarus. Japan would hate you anyways, they dont really like out of country people.

Postby Eclipse » Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:58 pm

No, they just don't understand foriegners,, but that's beside the point

Anyone who can't see America is a bit fucked up is really enjoying ignorance. Any nation where A war is started to finish a personal grudge and get some more oil money in his (president's) pockets is pretty bad. It's even worse when said president constantly dry-humps the bible and makes a mockery of it to hide his own shortcomings and the religeous nuts eat it up. Glad i don't like somewhere like that....oh wait, i do
Has anyone seen my doughnut? It's solid gold plated steel, covered in spikes... and it's about 10 feet tall

Postby Wizard » Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:12 pm

Altoids7 wrote:Guys, do me a favor and let this sink to the very bottom of the forum.

Take the hint, guys.

Postby Cali Defender » Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:30 pm

Eclipse wrote:No, they just don't understand foriegners,, but that's beside the point

Anyone who can't see America is a bit fucked up is really enjoying ignorance. Any nation where A war is started to finish a personal grudge and get some more oil money in his (president's) pockets is pretty bad. It's even worse when said president constantly dry-humps the bible and makes a mockery of it to hide his own shortcomings and the religeous nuts eat it up. Glad i don't like somewhere like that....oh wait, i do

First, no, the Japanese just dont like foreigners, they never have. Second, America has so many oil reserves, we dont need the Middle East, third, Yeah Amrica is fucked over, so is Every otehr country in our world. As Acktoo said, all you humans are messed up. Glad im not a human.

Postby Eclipse » Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:43 pm

while this is off topic, you should check out some of the articles at outpostnine. com I black guy has been teaching over in japan for a few months or so

and i never said america NEEDED the oil, i was implying GW just WANTED to take it. Y'know, Greed and all that there
Has anyone seen my doughnut? It's solid gold plated steel, covered in spikes... and it's about 10 feet tall

Postby Cascade » Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:20 pm

Eclipse wrote:while this is off topic, you should check out some of the articles at outpostnine. com I black guy has been teaching over in japan for a few months or so

and i never said america NEEDED the oil, i was implying GW just WANTED to take it. Y'know, Greed and all that there

Fact: W sold his oil company.
Fact: Iraq produces only 5% of the world's oil
Fact: We get most of our oil from Saudi Arabia
Fact: A surplus of oil damages domestic oil companies
Fact: Bush owned (past tense) a domestic oil company
Fact: Getting oil from Iraq would cause a surplus of oil
Therefore, Bush getting oil from Iraq would hurt his business more than it would help it. Which is irrelevant anyways because he doesn't have any reason to give a crap about oil since he doesn't have an oil company anymore. The price of oil would be driven down. Besides, it's clear with all evidence in recent times that the only countries who paid "blood for oil," were European UN representatives, mainly those involved in the Oil For Food Program. And the blood they payed for the oil with was that of the starving Iraqi Shiite/Kurdish majority. Compared to them, Bush is a saint.
I've just about lost my patience. Deciding arbitrarily that the US is an evil country that is horrible in its apocalyptic power and a terrible place to live may be an opinion. It's also my opinion that that's a fucking stupid opinion. Such a baseless and ludicrous conclusion about the country could only be reached by a member of the spoiled, recent generations of young Americans, who do not have the willpower, skill or dedication of their predecessors, who fought for the freedoms you criticize in WW2, Vietnam and Korea. Think America sucks? Try being a Muslim in Serbia. Think America sucks? Try being Jewish in Israel. Think America sucks? Try living in Sweeden, where they rip off 50% of your income regardless of whether you want their public services or not. I am here to tell all of you, even at my young age, that you are spoiled by democracy and capitalism, spoiled rotten. None of you, save those who actually have a decent idea of how the world works, understand the amazing privilages you live under in the United States. The motto of the 60s was not to trust anyone over 30. Perhaps then the political judgements of those under 20 should not be trusted. I sure as hell don't trust the political judgements of anyone younger than 16, because I learned a lot about politics inbetween 17-18.
FUKKATSU

Next

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)