Which CN show do you hate?

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Which CN show do you hate?

Postby Wizard » Sun Feb 06, 2005 9:15 am

DIE MUCHA LUCHA!!!!! >.@
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 9729
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2005 6:24 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Which CN show do you hate?

Postby NotQuiteAllThere » Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:02 am

Personally, I find I can enjoy most shows if I'm in the mood, or hate them at the same time.

Anyone who says Edd, Ed, and Eddy is over the top and hence they don't like it is more or less saying they should dislike most other Cartoon Network originals, as thats kinda how it works. Why we are at it, lets just start hating every Loony Toons cartoon because it's "over the top."

KND annoys me, to some extent, for the lack of common sense at times. I don't mean because it's unrealistic, because it is a cartoon, but because the somewhat stupidity of the plot at times...

Other times it makes me laugh quite alot.

Totally Spies... no... just...no.

Teen Titans was the meeting ground for West and East animation at times, but has lessed lately, but the show is damn good, better then most, at least.

And trying to compare KND to anime is like comparing trying to compare the Masters to the Super Bowl. They're both sports, they both use a type of ball, but their two whole different games.
Image
=Because everyone needs to read this thing.

And because it's kinda funny to get wierd looks with it on other sites.
offline
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2005 9:40 am
Location: Is This A Trick Question?
Gender: None specified

Re: Which CN show do you hate?

Postby Wizard » Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:03 am

Wow. I could stare at that sig all day.....
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 9729
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2005 6:24 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Which CN show do you hate?

Postby NotQuiteAllThere » Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:13 am

The irony of which is that I spent less than 30 minutes making it.
Image
=Because everyone needs to read this thing.

And because it's kinda funny to get wierd looks with it on other sites.
offline
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2005 9:40 am
Location: Is This A Trick Question?
Gender: None specified

Re: Which CN show do you hate?

Postby Wizard » Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:32 am

Me like irony...
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 9729
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2005 6:24 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Which CN show do you hate?

Postby Rival » Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:37 am

Dakota Sanz wrote:
KND= Made to look like anime

W......T......F...... :unsure:

Okay, time for a little 'Anime influence' history lession from Dakota.

First things first, I'm sorry, KND doesn't look like anime or resembles anime in the slightest AT ALL WHATSOEVER. *Thinks*.......yup, there is absolutly 0 anime influence in that show. Shows like code lyoko have influence, shows like Megas has some anime influence, heck even the powerpuffs have some anime influence.....but KND would be one of those shows that trail farthest from anime (ex: Ed, Edd, Eddy, Fosters, that kind of stuff).

I'm not trying to start a war or be offensive but one of the things I cant stand is when theres a show that may have a SLIGHT TINY SUPER UNOTICABLE DETAIL that is like, 1/300th of a percent of an anime element in like 1 episode for like .2 seconds people will go WTF IT BE LIEK ANIME RIPOFF! Ever since Teen Titans people have gone on this anti anime in western animation thing (however, TT soon began to redeem itself purely because the content of the show is just flat out entertaining). Someone said that Mucha Lucha was an anime rip-off once in another forum I went to probably off the same accusation method. Honestly.

Example, Puffy Ami Yumi. A few people I know say it rips of anime. They have japanese characters, its colorful, the setting is mostly in Japan, and in the background music Ami/Yumi sing...in Japanese. However, I fail to see the 'anime' influence. Puffy follows the footsteps of other popular western cartoon comedies with characters that have these tiny bodies, no neck, and a HUGE head (see dexter, PPG, Mandy, Timmy and just about everything else in that style) plus the lines on the characters are exceptionally bold. Puff Ami/Yumi was more than likely made using Flash, put together probably with premier and/or after effects.

Now, not trying to point fingers in the thread, I'm just speaking what I think of the whole western Anime thing. It is an animation style originated by the japanese. That DOESN'T mean that anything that has SOMETHING from Japan is considered part of the anime style and I personally think that even if it does, it shouldn't be so looked down upon. During the industrial revolution people didn't exactly go WTF YOU'RE USING A TRAIN?! YOURE USING OUR NEWLY DEVELOPED FARMING TOOLS AND YOURE NOT FROM THE STATES?!? WHAT THE HELL?!? In a matter of decades anime will eventually no longer JUST belong to the japanese IMO. People wonder why theres so much anime in western stuff everywhere. Its generation changes. Notice how every new aspiring artist you see draws anime. Webcomics, pin-ups, online promotionals, there is more begginner artist drawing anime right now particularly in the states than probably ever.

However, I will say that shows like "Totally Spies" totally BASTARDIZED the method. It abuses the use of japanese animation elements used in it. I don't have any beef with it, and its not why I don't like the show. Its...just a completly terrible show with completly unbelievable plotlines to begin with (I'll take over the world with tight clothes! YESH!!!!! That is the most retarded idea ever).

As for a show I hate: SCOOBY FREKKIN DOO!!! Now, it was good the first time but now its the same thing over and over and over and over and over again. It's like:

Shaggy: OMG SCOOB A GHOST
Scooby: AAAAHHH! RHOST!.

Shaggy comminces jumping into scoobs arms like a fag. After the 500 times I've been seeing it...ITS NOT FUNNY ANYMORE AT ALL!

I can see why people like shows like Ed, Edd, 'n Eddy though. Its a bit too wierd but personally I like 'em. Especially the animation style.

Wow, I typed a crateful here.

Wow i can`t belive it`s probably the first post of Dakota with which i agree in 100%. I really like Dakota but mostly i disagree with him but today? The whole Esay about Anime influence on western animation is absolutlly correct (even doh i know you don`t share my fascination with Japanese Animation). I also think Scooby-Doo sucks and i also like Ed, Edd and Eddy but i like it more because of the jokes then the Animation style. But yes i agree with you in 100% and it not a dream........ strange.
As for other series which i hate exept Scooby-Doo i think it would be the Cramp Twins. God this series was so stupid hideus and crappy drawn it hurt. :brickwall: PS. I also hate Totally Spies.
Stanisław Lem wrote:I hadn't known there were so many idiots in the world until I started using the Internet.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 12833
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:54 pm
Location: Poland
Gender: Male

Re: Which CN show do you hate?

Postby hominyjibjib » Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:46 am

Excluding totally spies, a show I hate is Teen Titans, which tries too hard to emulate anime

Mike Lu and Og wasn't bad, but I hated the characters
EE&E was total shit when it started, but got progressively more bearable

and this Miguzi thing doesn't make any sense




Invader Zim should be returned to its rightful place in Primetime Nick, or better yet, run at least 7 times a day! LONG LIVE ZIM! WE SHALL RAIN DOOM ON ALL WHO OPPOSE!!
*insert sig here*
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2005 12:27 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Which CN show do you hate?

Postby Rival » Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:59 am

hominyjibjib wrote:Excluding totally spies, a show I hate is Teen Titans, which tries too hard to emulate anime

Mike Lu and Og wasn't bad, but I hated the characters
EE&E was total shit when it started, but got progressively more bearable

and this Miguzi thing doesn't make any sense
Invader Zim should be returned to its rightful place in Primetime Nick, or better yet, run at least 7 times a day! LONG LIVE ZIM! WE SHALL RAIN DOOM ON ALL WHO OPPOSE!!

Well i don`t agree Teen Titans is a kickass show and Comic and yes the Animation is preety much inspired by Anime but the storyline, the plot and the characters are very original. So i don`t think you can say that Teen Titans emulates Anime.
Stanisław Lem wrote:I hadn't known there were so many idiots in the world until I started using the Internet.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 12833
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:54 pm
Location: Poland
Gender: Male

Postby NotQuiteAllThere » Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:42 pm

Gotta remember the difference between ripping off anime and tributing it to anime.

And you dislike Teen Titans because it apparently emulates anime... ok... aaaaand? Does it fail at it, is it a bad show? If not, they does it matter if it "tries to emulate anime."

It's really a western super hero cartoon with western writing, western characters, and mostly western art, with just some hints of anime sprinkled it, in my opinion.
Image
=Because everyone needs to read this thing.

And because it's kinda funny to get wierd looks with it on other sites.
offline
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2005 9:40 am
Location: Is This A Trick Question?
Gender: None specified

Postby Thom_Serveaux » Sun Feb 06, 2005 2:27 pm

Meh, maybe it's a generational thing.... With Scooby Doo, keep in mind that the show started in '66 or '68... At least the first couple of seasons had better animation and music, (man , I used to love those chase scenes) 'til HB tried to do everthing on the cheap.... Worst of all was the whole '13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo' w/ S(crappy) Doo, Shaggy wearing a red shirt, Daphne w/ that crappy outfit and hairdo, not to mention no Fred, Velma, or Mystery Machine. Top it all off w/ Vincent Price as a Mandrake the Magician wannabe w/ his 'youthful ward'.... Ghaaaaaa! That aside agree totaly w/ everthing that you guys said. BTW, next time Totaly Spies is on, and if you can stomach it long enough listen carefully and notice that a lot of the 'incidental sound effects' were 'Totaly' ripped off from the Bubble Bobble video games......
My biggest gripe (What? you thought I was finished? is the notion that CN, being too cheap to liscence some more better quality shows/anime, lumps anything w/ 'adult' content in Adult Swim. Yeah, I realize thaqt's the concept, but at the same time I get the feeling that they think any 'adult' that still watches 'cartoons' is an idiot. So we get Heaping helpings of retreads, and cool shows like Yu-Yu Hakusho only get aired once a week???
Image Image Image
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1045
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:29 am
Location: The Archive of Lost and Forgotten things......
Gender: None specified

Postby Crash » Sun Feb 06, 2005 3:28 pm

l'd love to say I hate some shows, but I havent seen anything on CN FOR 2 FRIGGIN YEARS! goddamn my cable company for kicking it off..
Learning Kanji is like trying to memorize a cartoon, how to draw it, what the caption is, and what the caption MEANS. and most of the time there's more than one caption.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 6775
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:24 pm
Location: The Netherlands.
Gender: None specified

Re: Which CN show do you hate?

Postby Fistofdeath » Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:38 am

Hmm my most hated show would have to be Super Milk Chan, one of the newer shows on adult swim. Everytime I change the channel and see it on i want to throw something at it.
Sometimes before I Sleep at night I cry, Knowing I am possibly the sexiest man ALIVE!!!
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:12 am
Gender: None specified

Postby stray » Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:05 am

hm...
not watching tv at all (i preffer downloads), i really can't relate to any of these. Ed Ed and Eddy?? KND???

I mean, I've watched PPG and Dexter and Samurai Jack when I babysit these two adorable yet exausting children, and afterwards i'd download some...

In any case, I guess I can safely say that I hate most AMERICANIZED anime (not anime influenced, Americanized, with horrible dubbing, voice acting, translations, and such...Dammit the Japanese version was so much better...)
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2004 10:04 pm
Gender: None specified

Postby PS2kid » Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:34 am

Cartoons that I hate is Johnny Bravo (I can't stand his stupidity), Ed Edd & Eddy (same reason, I can't stand Ed's stupidity), and a lot of stupid cartoon at Adult Swim like Tom Goes To The Mayor, Sealab 2021, Home Movies, Mission Hill, Venture Bros, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Harvey Birdman.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 967
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:24 am
Gender: None specified

Postby Mandy » Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:36 am

everything but FMA and GitS: SAC and Futurama and Inuyasha
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 6544
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2004 1:29 pm
Location: in pants... whose? You'll have to guess
Gender: None specified

Postby PS2kid » Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:49 am

Aaaah, I can see you're a big anime fans too. Oh BTW, I hate Family Guy too. It's only a ripoff of The Simpsons. I get annoyed with Peter Griffin's laugh and he's too dumb for a head of a family. Even dumber than Homer Simpson who I think is dumb enough for a husband & father.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 967
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:24 am
Gender: None specified

Postby Shebum Devi » Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:57 pm

Don't forget that dog/turd scooby doo. Stop riding that dead horse already!
Image
He's not having a seizure, he's just roffling. • Behind every great woman, there is an ass. • Fuck Salt! - Tourette's guy
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 3338
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2004 3:24 pm
Location: Where am I? Home... without the internets. Need to call comcast, but too lazy.
Gender: None specified

Postby Nitro.exe » Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:26 pm

KND gets annoying at times, but I hate Ed Edd and Eddy, Tom Goes to the Mayor, Hamtaro, Scooby Doo, and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends.
Koko de SHI NE!!
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:31 am
Location: your darkest dreams and worst nightmares.....
Gender: None specified

Postby Eclipse » Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:49 pm

"Friday" with the exception of Duck Dodgers, Dragon ball Z/GT Cowboy Beboy (due to obscenely horrible editing) Most of those 15 minute cartoons that show on adult swim sundays, PPG, and Ed Edd and Eddy, Transformers Armada/Energon. and (even though it's been cancelled already) the "new" he-man

meh...that's all i can think of
Has anyone seen my doughnut? It's solid gold plated steel, covered in spikes... and it's about 10 feet tall
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:00 am
Gender: None specified

Postby drakelord » Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:49 pm

FMA... because they totally jacked up the voices, ;-;.... *watched the entire series subbed*
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 124
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:27 pm
Location: NC, USA
Gender: None specified

Postby Vidfreek » Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:02 pm

he-man and the masters of the universe (too long, just doesnt keep my interest),

atomic betty (sad and five year old role model)

pet alien, (just isnt funny)

dragonball z/gt (haaaaaaaaaah! *5 episodes later* hahhhhhhhhh!).
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2217
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:04 pm
Location: Good old Engerland, indeedy chaps
Gender: None specified

Re: Which CN show do you hate?

Postby Nitro.exe » Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:33 pm

GOD how could I 4get about Pet Alien and Code Lyoko?! those are so bad I tried to block them from my conciousness.
Koko de SHI NE!!
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:31 am
Location: your darkest dreams and worst nightmares.....
Gender: None specified

There should be a law...

Postby Obaba » Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:09 am

1. - If you are going to emulate anime, do a DAMN good job of it, in your own style.
2. - If you are going to pay tribute to it, make it a one time deal and make it count.
3. - If you are going to spoof it, South Park did a pretty good job and then returned to what it was good at.

I agree "Totaly Spies" is a lame show. Sometimes I think they throw crap at America and because we want more, we don't say anything when we get crap on our plate. Like they might take the good stuff away.

"He-Man and the Masters of the Universe" was pretty good to me. It had a style that was decent, but I REALLY wish they cleaned up their of shadow. Whatever they were using instead of black was hideous.

"Teen Titans" Is a great, even when you take out those anime elements. I enjoy the writing and it's a nice revamp of the original comic (i.e. Starfire's Afro-perm...err thingy). They are teenagers again. With the rest of the D.C. universe coming to animation, I think it's appropriate that TT gets handled in a way that emulates that age group. Right now, the J-pop culture is an in thing...gad, look at BRATZ *chokegagdie*

Adult Swim vs. Regular CN programing:
Where we got the idea that you lavish the good animation, with little substance on kids and give adults limited stylized, oft crap filled with adult content...
That is what makes anime appealing is that it rarely treats viewers as morons. When shows get ported stateside, they get treatment according to the networks target audience, instead of preserving the original content and letting it find it's own niché.

Adult Swim shows are good in content. I find them hilarious. If they were drawn well, I would still find them funny, but are will willing to risk telling anyone to stop giving us crap animation and lose potentially good show otherwise?
Image"Obaba went foraging and found Her Marbles!"


YPP Based Comic - Azumanga! MIDNIGHT Updated Tuesdays.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:51 am
Location: Languishing in the Midwest USA
Gender: None specified

Re: Which CN show do you hate?

Postby megasxlr_fan20 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:09 am

Shebum Devi wrote:There's so many, I didn't figure to make a poll. It'd turn to pointless overkill.

Give me a reason why you dislike which ever show(s). Reasons other than 'Because it sucks'.


duck dodgers watched it once didn't watch it again

code lyoko reminds me to much of final fansty (even though i like ff!!)

the cramp twins :vomit: :vomit: what kinda crude is this??

sd gundam use to be on!! but i am still creeped out!! by the little gundams :'( :'( :'( giants robot are better
Last edited by megasxlr_fan20 on Fri Mar 04, 2005 8:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
the wanderer i am


Coop: (looks up at the Eradicator) Okay... that's pretty big.
Jamie: You just had to ask if he had a bigger robot.

Coop: Hah! You guys wouldn't last a second on the Jersey Turnpike!
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:05 pm
Location: unknown to the eye
Gender: None specified

Re: Which CN show do you hate?

Postby Sensei Jack » Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:42 pm

Wow, most of mine have been mentioned. Totally Spies, Mucha Lucha, Super Milk Chan, Code Lyoko, Cramp Twins, Ed Edd and Eddy. I mean all of those make me >.@ :cussing: :brickwall: I got nothing to add except a striong agreement with most of these except He-man. I loved the original and the new version was very good.
Image
"So you have come this far and still you understand nothing" - Ansem, Kingdom Hearts
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 101
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:20 pm
Location: Missouri
Gender: None specified

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests