Which CN show do you hate?

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby SemiJuggalo » Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:58 pm

Oh, yeah. Can't forget Dragonball GT. I dislike the show, but it is better than most of the shows mentioned in this thread. But the thing I hated about GT is that it was 64 episodes of wasted potential!

They took a piss on pretty much every character that was a favorite in DBZ. Goten wasn't shit anymore, not to mention the fact that the idiot writers forgot that he and Trunks are buds, this meant NO GOTENKS. Piccolo wasn't shit in this show, either! The only memorable thing that he did was getting trapped in Hell (still alive) in order to get Goku out of there! Vegeta didn't play a big part either, other than being cannon fodder for Goku! It was mostly about Goku, Trunks, and Pan!

Speaking of Pan, this is a character that had "wasted potential" written all over her face. She could have been the first FEMALE Super Saiyan, but NOOO! She didn't progress very far from the show's beginning. At the end of DBZ, we saw that even at age 4, Pan could fly all around the globe in a mater of seconds.

Don't even get me started on Uub! He had potential but he STILL wasn't shit in GT!

I also didn't like the story, either. It was like a poorly written DBZ follow-up fanfic, except it was animated. I see why FUNimation decided to skip the first 10 episodes--they sucked ass, that's why. Even though they explained everything via added-in flashbacks, they released the full episodes as 'Dragonball GT: The Lost Episodes,' which are currently airing on Toonami. But the biggest load of horseshit that we were forced to swallow was that overusing the dragonballs eventually gave birth to seven evil dragons (or would that be "seven plot devices?")!

The only thing about GT that was cool was the final episode. The ending was great, but now I can pretend that GT never existed.

The truth is, Akira Toriyama originally planned to end Dragonball with the defeat of Cell. However, the fans LOVED it so much that he decided to continue the story with the Buu saga. But that STILL wasn't enough! Even though Toriyama was finished with the manga, he sold the anime rights to another company, thus DBGT was born.

Okay, okay. No more ranting, I'm done.
"You may have won the battle but I'm out of ammunition!" --The Four Postmen

Instead of constantly complaining about 4Kids, why not take action? Why not stop watching their butchered anime programming? You're only providing them with more undeserved ratings! That's what I did... after a while, actually.

I actually tried to give the 4Kids version of One Piece a chance, I REALLY DID! However, as the show progressed, I grew sicker and sicker of all the glaring edits and horrid voices! So, I've decided to avoid watching any 4Kids-related shows, which is a shame because the new Ninja Turtles cartoon is the only 4Kids show worth watching!

Saturday mornings are dead to me... way to go, Al Kahn!

Location: Somewhere cursing Keiji Inafune for pulling the extras from the MMX Collection.

Postby Swamphunter » Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:20 pm

This is what I see:
A: Nick is focusing on the younger group of kids with their programming (it's not really suitable for a 16 year old to watch a show about Fairy God Parents).
B: Old School Disney Channel was cool, until they completely scrapped all the Sitcoms and replaced them with Tween-based animated crap.
C: Old School Fox was cool (Anyone remember Bobby's World?)
D: CN's still the best (but, as said before, some shows are just plain awful and Miguzzi should be sent to the Fourth circle of Hell).
E: [adult swim] deserves their own network, like Boomerang.

Postby Rival » Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:15 pm

SemiJuggalo wrote:Oh, yeah. Can't forget Dragonball GT. I dislike the show, but it is better than most of the shows mentioned in this thread. But the thing I hated about GT is that it was 64 episodes of wasted potential!

They took a piss on pretty much every character that was a favorite in DBZ. Goten wasn't shit anymore, not to mention the fact that the idiot writers forgot that he and Trunks are buds, this meant NO GOTENKS. Piccolo wasn't shit in this show, either! The only memorable thing that he did was getting trapped in Hell (still alive) in order to get Goku out of there! Vegeta didn't play a big part either, other than being cannon fodder for Goku! It was mostly about Goku, Trunks, and Pan!

Speaking of Pan, this is a character that had "wasted potential" written all over her face. She could have been the first FEMALE Super Saiyan, but NOOO! She didn't progress very far from the show's beginning. At the end of DBZ, we saw that even at age 4, Pan could fly all around the globe in a mater of seconds.

Don't even get me started on Uub! He had potential but he STILL wasn't shit in GT!

I also didn't like the story, either. It was like a poorly written DBZ follow-up fanfic, except it was animated. I see why FUNimation decided to skip the first 10 episodes--they sucked ass, that's why. Even though they explained everything via added-in flashbacks, they released the full episodes as 'Dragonball GT: The Lost Episodes,' which are currently airing on Toonami. But the biggest load of horseshit that we were forced to swallow was that overusing the dragonballs eventually gave birth to seven evil dragons (or would that be "seven plot devices?")!

The only thing about GT that was cool was the final episode. The ending was great, but now I can pretend that GT never existed.

The truth is, Akira Toriyama originally planned to end Dragonball with the defeat of Cell. However, the fans LOVED it so much that he decided to continue the story with the Buu saga. But that STILL wasn't enough! Even though Toriyama was finished with the manga, he sold the anime rights to another company, thus DBGT was born.

Okay, okay. No more ranting, I'm done.

Two things. First of all FUNimation skiped 13 and not 10 episodes of DBGT, that they later on re-edited as so called "Lost Episodes". And second of all Toriyama originally planned to end DBZ at the end of the Frieza Saga with Goku, Vegeta, Kuririn and of course Frieza dying on Namek and not geting resurected. But because the Anime was so popular at that point that it had to be continued Toriyama made the Android and the Cell Saga. In that version of the end Gohan was the most powerfull being in the universe as the SSJ2. But because at that point the Anime was at his hights Akira got forced by Toei Animation(okay not really forced they just paid him more money) to contiune. And so the Majin Buu Saga was born. Toriyama then planned to end the series with the battle Mistic Gohan vs Super Buu with Gohan being the strongest once again, and Goku and Vegeta being dead. But because their where so many Goku and Vegeta fans he had to re-write the ending once again(that`s the reason why the stuff in the Majin Buu Saga is so confusing), and so Kid Buu got beaten up by Goku and Vegeta well okay and Mr.Satan. After that Toriyama had no intrest in making the series but Toei Animation still wanted to make money with it and that`s the origin of GT. But exept that a well written post with which i agree in full. Thank for sharing your reflections.^__^
Stanisław Lem wrote:I hadn't known there were so many idiots in the world until I started using the Internet.

Re: Which CN show do you hate?

Postby Wizard » Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:37 pm

To add to your rantings...

There are so many Sayians in movies and stuff, you have to think, What the hell did Frieza do? Send a little ki blast and then walk away?

Also, when they wished for 'All those who were killed by Frieza and his men', doesn't that mean that the Sayians would come back to life too? Plus, the planet must have life-force, becuase Goku can summon energy from planets in his Spirit Bomb.

I've also heard that DBGT is not ending the DB/DBZ saga. I heard that they're coming out ith something along the lines of DBUT or soemthing. Dragonball Universal Tour.

But maybe I'm wrong. Or maybe I'm right and the Sayians will come back. And also 'By Frieza and his men' all the races that the Sayians killed would come back to life. So the Truffles would still be up and running.

Yup, Akira's made some serious blunders.

Postby Sensei Jack » Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:43 pm

Fear not Wizard. Many people believe there will be a new series named Dragonball AF. This has been proven to be a huge joke. (get it? AF=April Fool!) Yes, in Japan DB has finally died and now rests in peace.
"So you have come this far and still you understand nothing" - Ansem, Kingdom Hearts

Postby SemiJuggalo » Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:14 pm

Okay, so I got the number of "lost" episodes wrong. That changes not the fact that they were weak. But thanks for the input, Kamisutra.

Sure, DB is officially dead, Jack. But it lives on in the hearts and minds of all who enjoyed it. Not to mention via the DBZ Budokai videogame series and two kickass new Japanese-made DB games for the GBA (DBZ Supersonic Warriors and Dragonball Advance Adventure). :p

I so wanna get Budokai 3 because it's the latest, greatest installment in the series!
"You may have won the battle but I'm out of ammunition!" --The Four Postmen

Instead of constantly complaining about 4Kids, why not take action? Why not stop watching their butchered anime programming? You're only providing them with more undeserved ratings! That's what I did... after a while, actually.

I actually tried to give the 4Kids version of One Piece a chance, I REALLY DID! However, as the show progressed, I grew sicker and sicker of all the glaring edits and horrid voices! So, I've decided to avoid watching any 4Kids-related shows, which is a shame because the new Ninja Turtles cartoon is the only 4Kids show worth watching!

Saturday mornings are dead to me... way to go, Al Kahn!

Location: Somewhere cursing Keiji Inafune for pulling the extras from the MMX Collection.

Postby Nitro.exe » Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:20 am

Semi, Budokai 3 is the best DB-anything game EVER. PERIOD. There's 1 thing wrong with it which is a virtually undefeatable cheese that 1 character has, but I'll never tell it to anyone.

There are so many Sayians in movies and stuff, you have to think, What the hell did Frieza do? Send a little ki blast and then walk away?

Actually, Wizard, something along those lines. Only it was a BIG blast and Frieza kinda sat and laughed for a while (and thus was the fall of Bardock, the only tactically intellegent fighter in DBZ. He's one of my fav characters in the whole series.)

Also, when they wished for 'All those who were killed by Frieza and his men', doesn't that mean that the Sayians would come back to life too? Plus, the planet must have life-force, becuase Goku can summon energy from planets in his Spirit Bomb.

Hence, the first Broly movie.

But maybe I'm wrong. Or maybe I'm right and the Sayians will come back. And also 'By Frieza and his men' all the races that the Sayians killed would come back to life. So the Truffles would still be up and running.

Yup, Akira's made some serious blunders.

You could probably chalk it up to bad dubbing. And technically, Akira didn't make the blunders since GT and hence the Truffles weren't created or even convieved by him. But then again, do you REALLY watch DB/Z/GT for the PLOT??!! It's definitely NOT a shining asset of the series.
Koko de SHI NE!!

Postby Rival » Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:24 am

Wizard wrote:
I've also heard that DBGT is not ending the DB/DBZ saga. I heard that they're coming out ith something along the lines of DBUT or soemthing. Dragonball Universal Tour.

I think it`s one of "these rumors" again. I never heard of DBUT so maybe it`s true but there where so many rumors about another series like:AF, GG, SG, X hell there was even a rumor talking about DBXP...XP WTF?
So i`m sceptic but honestly i would be happy to see a new DB series or at least a Movie but i don`t think that`s gonna happen.
Stanisław Lem wrote:I hadn't known there were so many idiots in the world until I started using the Internet.

Postby Calvo » Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:11 am

Code Lyoko is truly the worst show I have ever had the displeasure of watching in my intire life.

Previous

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)