Which CN show do you hate?

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Which CN show do you hate?

Postby Shebum Devi » Sat Feb 05, 2005 6:58 pm

There's so many, I didn't figure to make a poll. It'd turn to pointless overkill.

Give me a reason why you dislike which ever show(s). Reasons other than 'Because it sucks'.
He's not having a seizure, he's just roffling. • Behind every great woman, there is an ass. • Fuck Salt! - Tourette's guy

Location: Where am I? Home... without the internets. Need to call comcast, but too lazy.

Postby Verec » Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:02 pm

Ed Edd And Eddy, because they are all too over the top.
Totally spies, because Valley girls can all die, It won't matter if they alll dropped off the earth.
I can probably dredge up some others, but I purposefully left out the true kiddy shows.
"I saw it, there, in the sewers...for just a second. All hunched over, skin pale white beneath those rags...so many rags. The vermin crawled about his feet like idolaters at worship, and I swear that the wind drew breath in a frightened gasp at his passing. He wore cold like a cloak and I swear that behind that smiling golden mask he was laughing at me as his curved blade rose and fell, cutting through my men. It left wounds filled with crystals of salt...the screams...the screams...and the pants....Gods! The Pants!!!"
-Captain Urtin, who salted and ate his former soldiers.
"Jar-Jar you're a genius!"

Postby Shebum Devi » Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:03 pm

I'm going to go off with my list.

Totally Spies- It's a mockary of everything that good anime stands for. It's like a poorly done insinuation. Complete with stereo types and bland/annoying characters.

KND- I'm going shallow with this but the character design is just plain terrible. It irritates me to look at it. And the one episode I watched, I ended up not giving a damn.

I love cartoons, I love animation, but these shows are putrid. Please stop watching them so they won't air anymore.
He's not having a seizure, he's just roffling. • Behind every great woman, there is an ass. • Fuck Salt! - Tourette's guy

Location: Where am I? Home... without the internets. Need to call comcast, but too lazy.

Postby Krunkmatt09 » Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:05 pm

Well, Totally Spies can go to hell, but KND isn't so bad its just you really have to be in a mood to get into a KND storyline, because it's just a lil too slow for me.
Well, I'm back by popular demand, well not exactly!

Boomer of the Rowdyruff Boys rocks, he's my favorite guy character in the doujinshi!

Wassup, everybody, well I have to say The Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi rocks!!

Hell yeah, I spell crunk with a K!! LOL!
ImageImageImage

Postby Bored guy » Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:13 pm

Totally spies because of every possible reason you can think of.
Annoying valley girl crap
Bland storyline and/or characters.
Made partialy by France (I think)

The usual.
Twinkies are resistant to fire, collisions, and mental insanity.
Fear the Twinkie.......It will DESTROY YOU!!!

>_> <_<

What?

Postby Yoshi » Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:18 pm

Yeah that show sucks. And a warning: Anyone who says Invader Zim sucks will have their legs cut off with blunt razor blades and their eyes gauged out.
"Worst case scenario I'll get arrested for public nudity.
Best case scenerio I'll get arrested for public nudity with a boner. It's win win.
" ~ Dave
"Also Yoshi is the most important person in all of Australia." ~ Zepherin

Postby Shebum Devi » Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:40 pm

Yes, yes they will. I'll smuther you in your sleep with my ass.

Re: Which CN show do you hate?

Postby Swamphunter » Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:04 pm

Totally Spies= French anime= bad.
Code Lyoko= French anime+bad dubbing= REALLY bad.
KND= Made to look like anime+ ripping off Mr. OMA= God awful.

Nuff said.

Postby Wizard » Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:14 pm

Totally Spies=Leave it to 007, girls
Code Lyoko=More like, Code Loco
KND=Not, uh, cool enough.

Postby New Era Outlaw » Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:24 pm

For me, it would have to be Mike, Lu and Og.
That cartoon is animated pretty horribly (as if a two year old with a felt-tip marker went on a rampage), and the plot is severely weak. Not a single episode has made me do as much as chuckle.

Corneil and Bernie is level rubbish, too.
The whole 'intelligent pet and dumb owner' thing has been done to death, and, like Mike, Lu and Og, the show is simply not funny, either.
Image <==Poke Roll and see what happens.

Postby Krunkmatt09 » Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:37 pm

What in the world? I haven't heard of Mike, Lu, and Og for years. And I've never heard of Corneil and Bernie ever.

But I remember 2 Stupid Dogz, now that was the show dispute its high level of stupidity.

Boomer of the Rowdyruff Boys rocks, he's my favorite guy character in the doujinshi!

ImageImageImage

Postby New Era Outlaw » Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:50 pm

Believe me. When you're condemned to watching the Latin American version of CN, you're cursed to watch the crap that was too sucky for American TV.
Image <==Poke Roll and see what happens.

Postby Krunkmatt09 » Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:55 pm

Ha, I'm sure, we get France's leftovers ourselves obviously.

ImageImageImage

Postby Angelin » Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:59 pm

I hate the Latin CN x.x''

Why is Mexico and Spain recieving 24 hours of ANIME when here in Puerto Rico are recieving like 2% good Anime shows at Adult Swim and 98% of shitty american wunnabe anime or France wunnabe animes x.x''

((Thats in my part))

Postby Cali Defender » Sat Feb 05, 2005 9:49 pm

worst Cartoon network show?

Besides totally spies.....

not sure...cant really justify any others suckiness...

Postby Angelin » Sat Feb 05, 2005 9:51 pm

Ed Edd and Eddy trully sucks...

They are complete freaks and more stupider than ever >,< i cant stand that show...trully x.x''

Postby dr_nick_rivera » Sat Feb 05, 2005 9:59 pm

The Totally Spies - Moronic
The Mucha Lucha - Hideous

The suckiest bunch of sucks that ever did live to suck.

“If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did." - Jack Handey

Postby Shebum Devi » Sat Feb 05, 2005 10:03 pm

MUCHA LUCHA! I tried to block their stench from my brain.

Postby Jack Salem » Sat Feb 05, 2005 10:09 pm

KND= Made to look like anime

W......T......F...... :unsure:

Okay, time for a little 'Anime influence' history lession from Dakota.

First things first, I'm sorry, KND doesn't look like anime or resembles anime in the slightest AT ALL WHATSOEVER. *Thinks*.......yup, there is absolutly 0 anime influence in that show. Shows like code lyoko have influence, shows like Megas has some anime influence, heck even the powerpuffs have some anime influence.....but KND would be one of those shows that trail farthest from anime (ex: Ed, Edd, Eddy, Fosters, that kind of stuff).

I'm not trying to start a war or be offensive but one of the things I cant stand is when theres a show that may have a SLIGHT TINY SUPER UNOTICABLE DETAIL that is like, 1/300th of a percent of an anime element in like 1 episode for like .2 seconds people will go WTF IT BE LIEK ANIME RIPOFF! Ever since Teen Titans people have gone on this anti anime in western animation thing (however, TT soon began to redeem itself purely because the content of the show is just flat out entertaining). Someone said that Mucha Lucha was an anime rip-off once in another forum I went to probably off the same accusation method. Honestly.

Example, Puffy Ami Yumi. A few people I know say it rips of anime. They have japanese characters, its colorful, the setting is mostly in Japan, and in the background music Ami/Yumi sing...in Japanese. However, I fail to see the 'anime' influence. Puffy follows the footsteps of other popular western cartoon comedies with characters that have these tiny bodies, no neck, and a HUGE head (see dexter, PPG, Mandy, Timmy and just about everything else in that style) plus the lines on the characters are exceptionally bold. Puff Ami/Yumi was more than likely made using Flash, put together probably with premier and/or after effects.

Now, not trying to point fingers in the thread, I'm just speaking what I think of the whole western Anime thing. It is an animation style originated by the japanese. That DOESN'T mean that anything that has SOMETHING from Japan is considered part of the anime style and I personally think that even if it does, it shouldn't be so looked down upon. During the industrial revolution people didn't exactly go WTF YOU'RE USING A TRAIN?! YOURE USING OUR NEWLY DEVELOPED FARMING TOOLS AND YOURE NOT FROM THE STATES?!? WHAT THE HELL?!? In a matter of decades anime will eventually no longer JUST belong to the japanese IMO. People wonder why theres so much anime in western stuff everywhere. Its generation changes. Notice how every new aspiring artist you see draws anime. Webcomics, pin-ups, online promotionals, there is more begginner artist drawing anime right now particularly in the states than probably ever.

However, I will say that shows like "Totally Spies" totally BASTARDIZED the method. It abuses the use of japanese animation elements used in it. I don't have any beef with it, and its not why I don't like the show. Its...just a completly terrible show with completly unbelievable plotlines to begin with (I'll take over the world with tight clothes! YESH!!!!! That is the most retarded idea ever).

As for a show I hate: SCOOBY FREKKIN DOO!!! Now, it was good the first time but now its the same thing over and over and over and over and over again. It's like:

Shaggy: OMG SCOOB A GHOST
Scooby: AAAAHHH! RHOST!.

Shaggy comminces jumping into scoobs arms like a fag. After the 500 times I've been seeing it...ITS NOT FUNNY ANYMORE AT ALL!

I can see why people like shows like Ed, Edd, 'n Eddy though. Its a bit too wierd but personally I like 'em. Especially the animation style.

Wow, I typed a crateful here.

Postby dr_nick_rivera » Sat Feb 05, 2005 10:13 pm

Hear Hear! Scooby Doo is the dog doo careless morons fail to scoop off the sidewalk that end up in our shoes.

“If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did." - Jack Handey

Postby Disco Samurai » Sat Feb 05, 2005 10:21 pm

Haha, I kind of agree with Dakota on "Scooby Doo": it was repetitive and boring as hell, with no actual meaning nor goal whatsoever (not even a corny moral nor ANYTHING! ^^;

That casted, I also got used to hate "Pokémon". It's weird, as I even watched it before with a smile of expectation, but it was the same thing over and over and over and over...

*2 hours pass*

... and over and over again! Come ON! =/

That casted aside, I also hate "Cow and Chicken". They were just too damn grotesque for my liking... and they weren't even funny to boot. For grotesque funniness, I'd go to Rten & Stimpy (now that had at least class... or something, haha).
When people say you've changed... it's because you stopped living your life their way.

Postby Rage » Sun Feb 06, 2005 2:45 am

Kids Next Door. I can't even force myself to watch that crap. My hate for that show is mostly derived from my absaloute loathing of children.
Contrary to popular opinion,
these do not make me a killer

Postby Swamphunter » Sun Feb 06, 2005 3:55 am

Dakota Sanz wrote:
KND= Made to look like anime

W......T......F...... :unsure:

Okay, time for a little 'Anime influence' history lession from Dakota.

First things first, I'm sorry, KND doesn't look like anime or resembles anime in the slightest AT ALL WHATSOEVER. *Thinks*.......yup, there is absolutly 0 anime influence in that show. Shows like code lyoko have influence, shows like Megas has some anime influence, heck even the powerpuffs have some anime influence.....but KND would be one of those shows that trail farthest from anime (ex: Ed, Edd, Eddy, Fosters, that kind of stuff).

I'm not trying to start a war or be offensive but one of the things I cant stand is when theres a show that may have a SLIGHT TINY SUPER UNOTICABLE DETAIL that is like, 1/300th of a percent of an anime element in like 1 episode for like .2 seconds people will go WTF IT BE LIEK ANIME RIPOFF! Ever since Teen Titans people have gone on this anti anime in western animation thing (however, TT soon began to redeem itself purely because the content of the show is just flat out entertaining). Someone said that Mucha Lucha was an anime rip-off once in another forum I went to probably off the same accusation method. Honestly.

Example, Puffy Ami Yumi. A few people I know say it rips of anime. They have japanese characters, its colorful, the setting is mostly in Japan, and in the background music Ami/Yumi sing...in Japanese. However, I fail to see the 'anime' influence. Puffy follows the footsteps of other popular western cartoon comedies with characters that have these tiny bodies, no neck, and a HUGE head (see dexter, PPG, Mandy, Timmy and just about everything else in that style) plus the lines on the characters are exceptionally bold. Puff Ami/Yumi was more than likely made using Flash, put together probably with premier and/or after effects.

Now, not trying to point fingers in the thread, I'm just speaking what I think of the whole western Anime thing. It is an animation style originated by the japanese. That DOESN'T mean that anything that has SOMETHING from Japan is considered part of the anime style and I personally think that even if it does, it shouldn't be so looked down upon. During the industrial revolution people didn't exactly go WTF YOU'RE USING A TRAIN?! YOURE USING OUR NEWLY DEVELOPED FARMING TOOLS AND YOURE NOT FROM THE STATES?!? WHAT THE HELL?!? In a matter of decades anime will eventually no longer JUST belong to the japanese IMO. People wonder why theres so much anime in western stuff everywhere. Its generation changes. Notice how every new aspiring artist you see draws anime. Webcomics, pin-ups, online promotionals, there is more begginner artist drawing anime right now particularly in the states than probably ever.

However, I will say that shows like "Totally Spies" totally BASTARDIZED the method. It abuses the use of japanese animation elements used in it. I don't have any beef with it, and its not why I don't like the show. Its...just a completly terrible show with completly unbelievable plotlines to begin with (I'll take over the world with tight clothes! YESH!!!!! That is the most retarded idea ever).

Jebus christ, Dakota...
*Crawls into hole*

BTW, Scooby's not all that bad, but Ed, Edd and Eddy are the worst (*cough*retarded*cough*).

Postby Jack Salem » Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:23 am

Jebus christ, Dakota...
*Crawls into hole*

Sorry. Every other forum I go to are debate forums. I can't help it :brickwall: .

Postby SemiJuggalo » Sun Feb 06, 2005 6:11 am

I don't blame him. If he hadn't said anything, I would've.

KND influenced by anime? I think not.

Anyhoo, I don't hate Totally Spies. It's not my favorite show, that's for sure. But it's true that bad writing does hurt it a lot. The show could actually be better than what it is, if not for the crappy plots.

*EDIT* Maybe the reason I DO watch Totally Spies is to see them get dropped into trap floors after their mission briefings (which IS quite funny). It's like...

"Good luck girls and this is a halo-drop assignment"
"What?! AAAAAIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!"

But ten again, that's just me.

The thing with Scooby Doo is that you have to watch it while keeping in mind all the allegations thrown at the characters:

Scooby and Shaggy are obviously potheads. Thus explaining the massive appetites (munchies) and being scared shitless of just about everything (paranoia, bad trips, etc.).

That's what the writers of the Scooby Doo movie did. I mean, there's that part of the movie where the reggae music and smoke were coming from the Mystery Machine! And Shaggy's girlfriend, named Mary Jane. Coincidence? I don't think so.

Didn't like Code Lyoko. I'm not a fan of the whole "massive foreheads" design. Maybe I could've dealt with that if not for the crappy voiuce acting and the fact that I tuned in to the show during one of it's lamer episodes.

KND--anime inspired? WTF, indeed......
Last edited by SemiJuggalo on Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You may have won the battle but I'm out of ammunition!" --The Four Postmen

Instead of constantly complaining about 4Kids, why not take action? Why not stop watching their butchered anime programming? You're only providing them with more undeserved ratings! That's what I did... after a while, actually.

I actually tried to give the 4Kids version of One Piece a chance, I REALLY DID! However, as the show progressed, I grew sicker and sicker of all the glaring edits and horrid voices! So, I've decided to avoid watching any 4Kids-related shows, which is a shame because the new Ninja Turtles cartoon is the only 4Kids show worth watching!

Saturday mornings are dead to me... way to go, Al Kahn!

Location: Somewhere cursing Keiji Inafune for pulling the extras from the MMX Collection.

Next

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)