Kazaa sux!

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Kazaa sux!

Postby kitty3 » Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:36 am

I'm sorry. I am just so random... I tried to download invader zim episode in Kazaa, and I always get audio and not video! It did say that is video but then it comes up as an audio! Its so annoying! :angry: :snoogins: And I've been waiting for hours for it to finish downloading!

SO ANNOYING!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Crash » Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:47 am

face it: kazaa sucks..
and kick it off your computer: it planted about 6 trojans in mine.. best be rid of it asap
Learning Kanji is like trying to memorize a cartoon, how to draw it, what the caption is, and what the caption MEANS. and most of the time there's more than one caption.

Postby Akio » Sun Jan 16, 2005 11:10 am

erm
do you have the right codecs
and i do agree that kaZaa suxors

but if you have winamp you can conect to a couple of differant channels that show nonstop invader zim

plus theres a howl load of ofther chanals showing anime, manga and cartoons
~Akio~

Sig creation in progress

Postby Rival » Sun Jan 16, 2005 11:20 am

Shouldn`t this be in the Snafu forums? It has nothing to do with the doujin. And about the trojan thing you can get trojans everywhere Kazaa is a P2P program so it`s just logical that you can get them there as well. But i still use it since i`m protected from Trojans with Norton AntiVirus he deletes them immediantly, But yes i got about 13 or 14 trojans myself from Kazaa as well but it`s not a big deal when your protected. As for the dl speed get yourelf a download manager if you want quick downloads.
Last edited by Rival on Sun Jan 16, 2005 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stanisław Lem wrote:I hadn't known there were so many idiots in the world until I started using the Internet.

Re: Kazaa sux!

Postby Paragon » Sun Jan 16, 2005 12:21 pm

Why does someone even make a topic about this. Everybody knows Kazaa sux. That's common knowledge.
"CNet News is reporting that Gator has forced PC Pitstop to remove Web pages that call Gator's software 'spyware.' The correct term, according to Gator, is 'adware.' The article states: 'If we find anyone publicly calling us spyware, we correct it and take action if necessary,' said Scott Eagle, Gator's senior vice president of marketing. So be careful what you say in your comments..."

Pssst, Gator --is-- spyware

Postby Viggetto » Sun Jan 16, 2005 12:27 pm

You should get WinMX.

Postby hominyjibjib » Sun Jan 16, 2005 12:30 pm

yes, Kazaa blows. Instead get Kazaa Lite, but don't go to the KL site, cause you have to pay to get it there :brickwall: . Instead, find a site that has older versions to download. (it doesn't hurt to have a few virus /adware blockers)
*insert sig here*

Postby Verec » Sun Jan 16, 2005 1:19 pm

No, no, no, forget Kazza and the lite version, they will both screw you over. Find a new filesharing program, one that is not overrun by the NSA and FBI corrupted files.
"I saw it, there, in the sewers...for just a second. All hunched over, skin pale white beneath those rags...so many rags. The vermin crawled about his feet like idolaters at worship, and I swear that the wind drew breath in a frightened gasp at his passing. He wore cold like a cloak and I swear that behind that smiling golden mask he was laughing at me as his curved blade rose and fell, cutting through my men. It left wounds filled with crystals of salt...the screams...the screams...and the pants....Gods! The Pants!!!"
-Captain Urtin, who salted and ate his former soldiers.
"Jar-Jar you're a genius!"

Postby stray » Sun Jan 16, 2005 1:35 pm

As Akio said, you prolly don't have the codecs.

and why use Kazaa? unless you have K++, Kazaa has tons of spyware stuff that kill your computer
Instead, download through Newsgroups, Torrent sites, or Shareaza.

Postby Dave » Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:28 pm

Yeah it's most likely you don't have the right codecs. Try downloading Divx and then play the file. Then dump Kazaa and get bittorrent or limewire. And I really need to change the forums descriptions. people can talk about anything in here to it doesn't have to be on the Snafu Forums. I just said it's the more general forums because we usually talk about general things. This forums is just a place for PPG fans to hang out you don't HAVE to talk about the PPG by any means.
WiNg0o wrote:To be honest I thought Dave just existed. In the beginning there was Dave.
Administrator

Postby stray » Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:35 pm

YAY DAVE!
actually, i didn't like Limewire, can't remember why...
Shareaza downloads torrents as well. ...Can't really say if it's better than Limewire tho since Usenet and mIRC downloads faster for me

Postby Goo. » Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:36 pm

Kazaa is full of spy-ware and ad-ware.
It's unsafe and unreliable.
It sucks.
I hate it.
I use mIRC if I want to get music or anime.
Formerly known as Chaos.

Postby Cali Defender » Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:42 pm

Limewire kicks ass, it puts some shit on but its easy to find and clean.

Postby Goo. » Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:43 pm

Clean?
I doubt it.
All those programs that are like that have some spy-ware or ad-ware.
I have only heard one that doesn't. It's called SoulFly or something like that.
Formerly known as Chaos.

Postby Cali Defender » Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:44 pm

not clean, its easy to clean them off...

Postby Takuto » Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:23 pm

I find that all p2p programs seem to be unsatisfactory... I mean, Kazaa and it's bloatware, WinMX and its multiple non-sharing users, et al. It's too bad such methods as BT is being picked on right now. BT is a great way of sharing files.
A train leaves the station, going south, at 2:00 pm at a constant speed of 80 km/h. Another train, going north, reaches that same station at 3:00 pm at a constant speed of 60 km/h. When will the trains be closest to each other? <-- Why are people scared of this? Perhaps it's because it requires Calculus!
d(x) = sqrt((60 - 60x)^2 + (80x)^2)
So:
d'(x) = (1/2)(10000x^2-7200x+3600)^(-1/2)(20000x -7200)
To determine the possible critical points - let d'(x)=0 --> The trains will be closest together at 2:21.40 pm.
- Visit and join our revolution - http://animedaisuki.ca - ~anime is kawaii~

[url=http://valvigirl.net/quizzes/ppgquiz.html]
Image[/url]

Postby stray » Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:10 pm

yea...most of my torrent anime sites are shutting down
demmit...

Postby Captain Spyro » Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:38 pm

I garee, Kazaa has fallen off the top of the ladder of P2P Programs. I frequently use BitTorrent. For me, that has been the most reliable one to use. Not too mention that you have many BitTorrent clients to chose from.

However, I also use Kazaa Lite Resurrection sporadically, but it's the spyware/adware free version of the regular Kazaa, plus it's free to use.
Bob: "So, what are you going to do now?"

Spyro: "I'd say the sky's the limit!"

Postby Slim. » Sun Jan 16, 2005 11:53 pm

Kazza sux0rs
Lime Wire r0x0rs
"Hey what do you get with a Warthog and a Panda?....... your mom has a dick!"

Postby Imp » Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:01 am

, and L33T Talk sux0rs!
I'm back... If anyone actually remembers who I am... 0_0'

Currently overworking Bob in the Racoon City RP.

Postby Loony » Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:20 am

Yes, Kazaa sucks. It's a file share program, and you're liable to get a ton of viruses because any file you get that comes from a computer with a virus will transmit the virus to your computer. It's very virus-y, and.. yeah.

Just go buy the episodes. It's a lot cheaper than fixing your computer when it's braindead from the viruses.
Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?

Postby Fixen » Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:55 am

Kazaa is basically a wasteland now. It's a cycle. Kazaa just finished it, and Bittorrent just started.

Postby SemiJuggalo » Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:48 am

Kazaa, HA! There's better programs than that spyware-ridden POS. I use Kazaa Lite (hacked spyware/adware-free version) and Shareaza (which also does bittorrent downloads).

Oh, and there's also Direct Connect, which utilizes a network of hundreds of download hubs where you can connect to individual users and download whatever stuff they're sharing. The only drawback is that most hubs require that you share a certain amount of stuff, otherwise you can't get into them. Some ask that you share at least 5-10 GBs of stuff, while some only allow users who share a whopping 100 GBs or higher!

Sooo, yeah. Kazaa Lite is eons better than the original version. Sadly it's not available for download anymore. Except for bullshit sites that try to dupe you into paying for it. I keep my Kazaa Lite installer in my Yahoo! mail inbox.

If anybody wants a copy, then e-mail me. I even know of a decent torrent site that hasn't been shut down yet. The best of which have been dropping like flies lately (RIP Supranova.org *sniff*).
"You may have won the battle but I'm out of ammunition!" --The Four Postmen

Instead of constantly complaining about 4Kids, why not take action? Why not stop watching their butchered anime programming? You're only providing them with more undeserved ratings! That's what I did... after a while, actually.

I actually tried to give the 4Kids version of One Piece a chance, I REALLY DID! However, as the show progressed, I grew sicker and sicker of all the glaring edits and horrid voices! So, I've decided to avoid watching any 4Kids-related shows, which is a shame because the new Ninja Turtles cartoon is the only 4Kids show worth watching!

Saturday mornings are dead to me... way to go, Al Kahn!

Location: Somewhere cursing Keiji Inafune for pulling the extras from the MMX Collection.

Postby Rival » Tue Jan 18, 2005 2:40 pm

I for myself use Kazaa-Lite and Emule i don`t use Bittorrent because of the slow dl speed. And i don`t get why everybody is saying that "bittorrent" is the future since most of the BT sites are either closing or have their servers crashed all the time.
Stanisław Lem wrote:I hadn't known there were so many idiots in the world until I started using the Internet.

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)