Why are there so many Bell fans?

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Why are there so many Bell fans?

Postby Curris » Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:23 pm

Thank you for your greeting. I am glad that that went over so well.

Postby sayuri-chan » Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:08 pm

i like both bell and ppg equally. i think they should all join up as a team.
*prepares to run and hide or duck and cover*
Suma-queen of the chibis, master and creation of the shadow realm and Misha-sama.

Postby coyote1284 » Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:22 am

Some people love the bad guy, that's all. Take Megatokyo fans dedicated to Tohya Miho (the darkly cute one) for instance. It's either that or a goth girl fetish.

Personally, I love naratives where the antagonist is just as if not more appealing than the protagonist(s). Like Dr. Doom, he has great intentions, it's just the means by which he tries to attain his goals that the Fantastic 4 have a problem with.

Postby sayuri-chan » Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:35 am

yeah, some people just like the "bad guy" image.
Suma-queen of the chibis, master and creation of the shadow realm and Misha-sama.

Postby Curris » Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:06 pm

To have Bell and the PPG on the same team seems to me to be a likely outcome. Perhaps in the happy ending...

Postby Mr.RoBoTo » Fri Feb 04, 2005 3:09 pm

its simple.

Take the person who is in this
http://lefalaipe.free.fr/Fond%20d'ecran ... hiroth.jpg

and make them a bit younger and the opposite sex.

YOUR ALL    Sephiroth    FANBOYS!

Postby sayuri-chan » Fri Feb 04, 2005 4:08 pm

:'( But he killed Aeris.
Anyway, I just wish them to be a team. They seem like they could be good friends.
^_^ Once you get past Bell's spilt-personality disorder.
:unsure: i have multiple personalities. ;)

Postby Nitro.exe » Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:47 pm

Cuz she's a badass cute kid. Nothing like Sephiroth. That's a different type of badass. But yeah, I foresee Bell becoming the 4th PPG at some point.
Koko de SHI NE!!

Postby Eclipse » Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:51 pm

Sephiroth is no bad-ass he's not even bad without Jenova using him as a puppet...

but anyways, Bell cute and schitzo (evil currently) and whou doesn't love cute little girls of pure evil?
Has anyone seen my doughnut? It's solid gold plated steel, covered in spikes... and it's about 10 feet tall

Postby Spruce Moose » Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:18 pm

Badass is being thrown around a lot here.
Badass is only good if it's executed properly. I hae "badasses" that have the image but no depth, or the image of depth.
Take the numerous "badasses" who have been given the image, given a bunch of white hair, and then look deep. Being crazy or being silent just isn't enough depth for me.
I understand you want a change of pace or you think badasses are cool, but Bell seems like one of those who has been given the image of a badass, thrown in a strangly cute shell and given this multiple personality aspect to make her look deep. When in reality, we haven't actually seen nearly enough Bell to say she is a deep character with lots of aspects and levels of Badass. Maybe she is, she may very well be, but so far, I don't think she has enough past in the comic to recieve these claims. People seem to be throwing badass around to mask this.
As for the "I like bad-guys", I think a lot of this is steming from a bunch of "emo kids" or other socially degraded people who think being evil is cool and simply hate all that is good and holy(this makes them love every little example of destruction, darkness, etc. because it makes them feel important). Often bad guys can be very interesting, but for reasons previously stated, I think taking Bell herself and loving her as a badguy isn't plausible other than the fact that people just like to flock to crazy-looking badguys, and Bell fits that caste perfectly. I say I need to see more befre I can love Bell so much.

Postby Nitro.exe » Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:02 am

lol. yeah, I guess the term badass was used pretty loosely on my part. But even though we haven't seen that much of Bell, what I have seen of her fighting and ability just seemed really Badass to me. She was toying with Blossom, the leader and arguably the strongest of the PPG, and doing it in such a nonchalant way that it just reeked of Badassness. No, she hasn't exhibited that on every level, but I'm only going by what I've seen so far.
Koko de SHI NE!!

Just cause...

Postby Obaba » Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:33 am

I really didn't feel either 2 ways about Bell. She's cute and she has G.I.R. (curse her...CURSE HER!!!) But aside from that, she hasn't left that much of an impression on me. I think that because of this, she has a lot more potential appeal. She is an original character and will only develop in the author's care, while most of the other characters have a background already.
As with all original characters dropped into a story with established characters, she is an invader, but she has melded well with cast so far.
I also think that like a lot of original characters, she has a little extra "Umph" to get her by. This will has been handled well because even tho' she should have been able to smite Blossom, it was a bit of comedy relief that defeated her instead.
Bell will have a chance another day, and it will more likely be against the sisters together.

And lastly, she doesn't strike me as evil as much as she does ambitious. Ambition in itself isn't bad. We prolly have yet to see what Bell is truly capable of and how her twisted little mind works.

I do agree about the likeable badguy. Heroes play by rules and whatever moral code is deemed socially acceptable. Bad guys not only throw those rules out the window, but they can have no boundries and do whatever to meet their own insidious goals. Plus there are the villians who believe that what they are doing is based in rightiousness. They are the worse because they will use their will to sway others to their cause, sometimes the potential hero. They claim to be fighting for what's right, but you can usually see that if they are willing to destroy to clear the way for their own vision on how things should be, then guess what. You are fighting for the wrong team.

Presently I am toying around with the idea of an anti-villian. As the anti-hero is reluctantly dragged into a role of savior, what happens when evil villian gets up one day and decides they don't want to be evil any longer. Be liked, rather than scorned. Of course, being a evil to the core, they can't. All the good they do turns sinister cause they can't help it, but it can be funny in the process.

Will a anti-hero as appealing as a anti-villan testing uncharted waters?
Image"Obaba went foraging and found Her Marbles!"

YPP Based Comic - Azumanga! MIDNIGHT Updated Tuesdays.

Postby sayuri-chan » Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:40 am

twisted little mind? cool. yeah, of course she'll get another chance.

Postby Mia the Boy Slayer » Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:35 am

I think when Bell gets her chance, she'll whip the PPGS!!! MUAHAHA!!!!Bell rox my world!
My icy gaze just kills you........for real.

Location: If ur a boy, I'm behind you now, trying to kill you.

Postby sayuri-chan » Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:50 am

whoever wins is fine with me. Bell is cool and so are the girls. either way whoever wins, i like. ^_^

Postby Nitro.exe » Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:22 am

sayuri-chan wrote:whoever wins is fine with me. Bell is cool and so are the girls. either way whoever wins, i like. ^_^

But then, the girls don't seem to be as indestructible in this as in the show. Mandark made BLOSSOM BLEED. If Bell wins the way things r now, the Girls'll prolly die. (or at least 1 of them.) Chilling concept, huh?
Koko de SHI NE!!

Postby Mia the Boy Slayer » Sun Mar 06, 2005 1:54 am

Actually, I think that happened because.....
1. The crooks in Townville are so easy to whip.
2. Mandark's got Bell and friends to whip her up good.
3. If Bell can toy around with her so much, there's no way Blossom will have a chance!(unless if she hurts GIR of course.)
4.Too many powerful villians in Megasville.
My icy gaze just kills you........for real.

Location: If ur a boy, I'm behind you now, trying to kill you.

Previous

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)