Why are there so many Bell fans?

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Why are there so many Bell fans?

Postby Nikki » Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:04 am

Okay, I think it's stupid. IT'S A POWERPUFF GIRLS COMIC, PEOPLE, NOT A BELL-ROXORS-AND-BLOSSOM-SUXORS COMIC! I noticed like more than half of the people here wanted Bell to win in the BvB. It's rediculous! Sure, Bell's probably stronger. But, all together, the PPG probably could beat her to death. My whole point is..Why the hell are there more Bell than PPG fans? I think more people like myself, who is a personal PPG fan (Buttercup mostly), should join together and bash the Bell fans! >> Kidding. I think there should be more PPG than Bell fans. I shall end my rant with this one last comment..

BELL SUXORS AND PPG ROXORS!
I am the GM of:
Kokutinu High School RP
Teen Titans RP (Alternate Universe)

Location: Dreamland? No. Fairyland? I wish. The dirt clod of doom, Oklahoma? Sadly, yes.

Re: Why are there so many Bell fans?

Postby stray » Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:33 am

Ornginally i was going to write a somewhat lengthy post to show you how Bell's dynamic character is on a higher level than the powerpuff girls put together, how the PPG cannot beat her to death (for more than one reasons, but mainly being that PPG won't beat someone to death in the first place), and Bell's character design is just sw33t

...and then ending it with an insult about your intelligence

But then i realized you were 10, so i won't bother with the last part

Postby Nikki » Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:41 am

:bird: :cussing: ^^ I'm 11. >> Yes yes. Birthday in 7 days. I say I'm 11. 11! I like the number 11. 11!! >>'''''''''

Btw, Buttercup would beat someone to death.

Buttercup (older version): Hell yeah I would!

See? >>
I am the GM of:
Kokutinu High School RP

Location: Dreamland? No. Fairyland? I wish. The dirt clod of doom, Oklahoma? Sadly, yes.

Postby stray » Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:57 am

xD Happy (almost) Birthday! ^_^

Buttercup would (heheh, to tell you the truth I like her best out of the three), but would the other two allow it?? And as you said, all three of them are needed to beat Bell. So the point stands that she would not be beaten to death.

Looking in another perspective, the reason why there are more Bell fans is because she's an original character. The PPG and all other characters ripped from TV shows have their own personalities already. Bleedman can play with that (as he did with Dexter), but he can't dramatically change them. With an OC, Bleedman can do anything. Using that, he created a character that's just ... need i say it again... sw33t! A kickass girl who can ruthlessly destroy, but also adorable (most especially with her interactions with Gir).

Postby Nikki » Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:07 am

Er, thanks.

SHADDAP! >> I think if Blossom was in the mood she is in the comic at the time, she'd let Buttercup beat Bell and Bubbles..Well, I'm not sure about her. I have a feeling though her sisters would convince her into helping.

*shrug* I GUESS. Hmph..I say B-man does a look-into-the-future-ish thing for the PPG, and Bubbles has random mood swings. XD WOOHOO! Innocent at one minute, blood-thirsty b*tch the next! XD That would be fun.
I am the GM of:
Kokutinu High School RP

Postby Cap. Hardman » Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:27 am

I will try to explain this phenomenon (i lack knowledge about PPG universe... and English language, but whatever).

First at all, expect or want Bell beat Blossom is not an indicative that people likes bell more than Blossom, but that what they was expecting to happened facing they power bars (I was the first one who said that Blossom could win with her smarts).

Sometimes some villains can get more fans than the hero... Like Sessomaru and Inu Yasha, for example.

On this case, the competition is about the traditional "politically correct superteam leader" and a Twisted Character (I don't know the term is right... I’ll explain more...). The first is a traditional character that exists in any super-hero universe obligatorily. But being the supra-sumo of virtues make the character predictable and not very deep.

The twisted ones are all unique. They can really surprise the reader/fan. They have this freedom behavior that becomes attractive. But even then, it needs better work on the character.

Bleedman did it to Bell's Character. She will always be remarkable from the other ones. It happens also with Buttercup, who has her own fans over the other two because her personality is stronger.

Postby Mandy » Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:33 am

Sesshomoru is so massivly hot! *drools*
*cleans face* I love Buttercup just for the fact you just stated. For your lack of language and knowledge you nailed it.

Postby Nikki » Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:36 am

Okay..

1: I agree with Mandy. SESSHOMARU IS SO MASSIVELY COMPLETELY HOT!

2: Cool. Two InuYasha fans! XD

3: I guess you're right, Hardman. ^^
I am the GM of:
Kokutinu High School RP

Postby Mandy » Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:38 am

Wait your ten, My 11 year old sister doesn't even think of guys that way. O.o

Postby Mr. Noia » Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:41 am

possible explanation: watching tv much speeds up your metabolism. It brings children into puberty earlier :)
45k a year for gay sex? That's a man-hooker wages I'd say. Still worth it. ~ Dave

Postby Cap. Hardman » Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:48 am

Dutch Wiseguy wrote:possible explanation: watching tv much speeds up your metabolism. It brings children into puberty earlier :)

I have a theory here too... but since I spent it all my grammar care-ing on the first one... ^_^ I'll stop here.

Postby Mr. Noia » Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:21 am

maybe she is just acting like mentally having surpassed the child-phase allready (sorry Nikki, just guessing ^_^)

Added after 5 minutes:

And you are right about the PPG-thing and bell, look at it this way:

Being bad is practically always more fun than being good.
Fans identify themselves with the one they adore.
More people like being bad above being good, therefor more people like Bell above the PPG, for Bell is a bad baaaad girl ^_^
45k a year for gay sex? That's a man-hooker wages I'd say. Still worth it. ~ Dave

Postby Chaz » Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:42 pm

Why do I like Bell more than the PPG?
Simple, I like the Badguys more than goodguys in certain games/shows/mangas.

In DBZ, I like Vegeta (especially Sayian saga and Majin Vegeta)...
On GG X2, I like Soul Badguy.
And in the PPGD, I like Bell.

It's quite possibly because of the "kick ass" appeal they give. Out of the PPG themselves, my favourite is Buttercup. And Although I like Sol Badguy in GG X2, I also like Baiken (who is a good girl, but has the "kick ass" appeal that comes with the scar on her face etc.)

Anyways... It's not that I don't like PPG.... I just never liked Blossom (including the show on CN)
"Well Grease me down and call me Slick! It is You!"
"I've been expecting you. Been dreaming of you like a Lovesick Lesbian." - Ukitsu (Battle Vixen/Ikki Tousen Manga)

Legally Insane, and Proud of it!

Postby Paragon » Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:52 pm

It's the same reason people like Aku or RRB or [insert name of evil guy/girl here].
"CNet News is reporting that Gator has forced PC Pitstop to remove Web pages that call Gator's software 'spyware.' The correct term, according to Gator, is 'adware.' The article states: 'If we find anyone publicly calling us spyware, we correct it and take action if necessary,' said Scott Eagle, Gator's senior vice president of marketing. So be careful what you say in your comments..."

Pssst, Gator --is-- spyware

Postby Angelin » Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:08 pm

Girls at the Age of 11 can think of guys that way, ya know?

When i was 7 i used to think that Darien from Sailor Moon was hot XD

and...

I just like Bell because she has my kind of personality XD

But i know that Blossom will beat her ass so.. GO Blossom! beat me beat me! i mean... Beat Bell! Yeah! thats it .-.

Postby Rival » Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:21 pm

Chaz wrote:Why do I like Bell more than the PPG?
Simple, I like the Badguys more than goodguys in certain games/shows/mangas.

In DBZ, I like Vegeta (especially Sayian saga and Majin Vegeta)...
On GG X2, I like Soul Badguy.
And in the PPGD, I like Bell.

It's quite possibly because of the "kick ass" appeal they give. Out of the PPG themselves, my favourite is Buttercup. And Although I like Sol Badguy in GG X2, I also like Baiken (who is a good girl, but has the "kick ass" appeal that comes with the scar on her face etc.)

Anyways... It's not that I don't like PPG.... I just never liked Blossom (including the show on CN)

I agree in 100% badass`s and villans have a more unique and original personallity then the main good characters. That`s why i like characters like:Vegeta, Wolverine, Orochimaru, Crocodile, Naraku, Him and last but not least Bell more(actually i could mention a few more characters but it would take to long). It`s just that her twisted two personalities make her much more complex then the PPG. And there is one more reason, she is a new character. I mean everybody knows the PPG since more then 6 years Samurai Jack since 4 and so on and so forth but Bell is a Bleedman original she is new and intresting plus she is drawn perfectly what do you want more? That`s also the reason why people love Gir he is a Bleedman original he is new and funny. So all in all there are 3 reasons why so many people(including me) love Bell more then the Powerpuffs:
1.She is a villan and a badass
2.She is much more complex
3.She is new and a Bleedman original.
I hope this explains everything. ^_^
Stanisław Lem wrote:I hadn't known there were so many idiots in the world until I started using the Internet.

Postby Mandy » Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:42 pm

Mmmmmm.... Naraku *drools* He's so evil and cool and hot and evil and did i mention HOT!. *drools some more*

Postby BlueLotus » Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:47 pm

Put in 2 cents here.
Cent one, Gir is da man ho, and i want a pet robot, muffins stuffer.
2nd cent, Bell seems to be an all around schizo, which for me is always a +<<< Buttercup does seem to be the better of the 3, if she had the intelligence of Blossom, she would be a juggernaut seeing as how she is more brawn than brain. Bell i think falls under that category, more brawn the brain, and i mean a lot of brawn, but an innocent personality that is confusing but more intriguing than the PPG's.
Found another penny in my pocket gonna use for Vegeta is the best of all time, in my mind it's Goku who?
Who needs some banana lovin?
BANANA OWN YOU!!!

Postby Icerider » Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:41 pm

I like Bell because she looks cool, I mean come on, It's just like the Sephiroth thing with the white hair, but she's got the whole white thing going-white hair, white clothes etc.
Just call me Ice

Postby Cali Defender » Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:42 pm

yeah, shes awesome looking then all the powers, its kool

Postby Angelin » Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:48 pm

Icerider wrote:I like Bell because she looks cool, I mean come on, It's just like the Sephiroth thing with the white hair, but she's got the whole white thing going-white hair, white clothes etc.

She has the same split personality as Sephiroth but in a better way not that much like the bloody way as sephiroth had.

(Triyng to wake up somehow more faster) ><''

Postby Cascade » Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:50 pm

Someone mentioned Sol Badguy. Despite his name, he's considered the hero. He's not really a "bad guy," ahyuk. XD

But people tend to like villians better when the villian is cool or different. Sometimes I kind of want the villian to have a field day with the heroes before finally loosing, because the villian always has to loose in the end if it's going to be a happy ending, if that's your sort of thing.
FUKKATSU

Postby Icerider » Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:03 pm

Stuff that! Make the bad guys win for once!
Just call me Ice

Postby Cali Defender » Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:07 pm

i like things were the bad guys win, makes a nice change of pace

Postby Icerider » Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:11 pm

That It would. In FF7, If Sephiroth had actually won, It would've been way more convincing. Bell is just cooler because (a she's evil, (b she's got a cool colour scheme and (c she kicks ass.
Do you need any more answers to your question, Nikki?
Just call me Ice

Next

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)