We're falling behind on buzzcomix!

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

We're falling behind on buzzcomix!

Postby Al Calnos » Fri Dec 24, 2004 12:53 pm

Are we forgetting to vote? ARE WE? Bigger Than Cheese has taken our spot! We must take our place back for Bleedman is pimp!
Image
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2621
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 8:29 pm
Location: Arkansas
Gender: None specified

Re: We're falling behind on buzzcomix!

Postby Jack Salem » Fri Dec 24, 2004 12:56 pm

It's christmas eve. I'll be sitting on my ass like a loser pressing the vote button because I'm FREAKING BORED AS HELL and all my friends/family are out of all town. ALL OF 'EM (can you believe it?). This vote button is MINE.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 632
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2004 3:39 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: We're falling behind on buzzcomix!

Postby PPGD Freak » Fri Dec 24, 2004 1:39 pm

Dakota Sanz wrote:It's christmas eve. I'll be sitting on my ass like a loser pressing the vote button because I'm FREAKING BORED AS HELL and all my friends/family are out of all town. ALL OF 'EM (can you believe it?). This vote button is MINE.


I thought you couldn't vote for a comic more than once a day.
Image
Evil has a new face....
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 230
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 2:02 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: We're falling behind on buzzcomix!

Postby Jack Salem » Fri Dec 24, 2004 2:36 pm

PPGD Freak wrote:
Dakota Sanz wrote:It's christmas eve. I'll be sitting on my ass like a loser pressing the vote button because I'm FREAKING BORED AS HELL and all my friends/family are out of all town. ALL OF 'EM (can you believe it?). This vote button is MINE.


I thought you couldn't vote for a comic more than once a day.

I've been comming there multiple times voting. Maybe it's my os (not using mac or win) but according to where I'm at *checks*, it seems to be possible.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 632
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2004 3:39 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: We're falling behind on buzzcomix!

Postby Aresz-kun » Fri Dec 24, 2004 5:48 pm

Al Calnos wrote:Are we forgetting to vote? ARE WE? Bigger Than Cheese has taken our spot! We must take our place back for Bleedman is pimp!


Who cares about a lame list at buzzcomix? As for me I never even voted... :unsure:
"I hate this job"
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 142
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2004 7:12 pm
Location: Hungary
Gender: None specified

Re: We're falling behind on buzzcomix!

Postby Jack Salem » Fri Dec 24, 2004 6:07 pm

Aresz-kun wrote:
Al Calnos wrote:Are we forgetting to vote? ARE WE? Bigger Than Cheese has taken our spot! We must take our place back for Bleedman is pimp!


Who cares about a lame list at buzzcomix? As for me I never even voted... :unsure:

AMEN! I gave a mini speech about that in some other thread I think :cussing: .
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 632
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2004 3:39 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: We're falling behind on buzzcomix!

Postby Rage » Fri Dec 24, 2004 6:15 pm

I vote every day. We must CRUSH Cheese!!
Image
Contrary to popular opinion,
these do not make me a killer
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 987
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 12:42 am
Location: Only In Your Mind
Gender: None specified

Postby Fixen » Fri Dec 24, 2004 7:29 pm

Crush? Grate, I say! XD

But who cares how many votes they have? Chances are they can't draw for crap and they only rely on more losers that use more time to click more buttons and make more votes.

Who gives a crap? But I'll vote for Bleedman-god's sake.
offline
 
Posts: 168
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:49 pm
Gender: None specified

Postby Dave » Fri Dec 24, 2004 8:41 pm

Aresz-kun... Dakota Sanz... BLEEDMAN is the one who CARES you ungrateful little fucks. Bleedman works for HOURS every week to make a comic so you can read it FOR FREE and you won't even click a damned button for him once a day to say thanks? This is what bothers me the most about these list things is the complete slap in the face you get from the people reading your comic.

That's nice you don't care about the list but for crying out loud Bleedman does and you made him feel so so so good when he got second place and now that he's slipping you'll do nothing to help him feel good again? It's really such a tiny tiny tiny thing to ask but I guess your just too god damned important that your valuable time can't be wasted thanking people.
WiNg0o wrote:To be honest I thought Dave just existed. In the beginning there was Dave.
Administrator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18162
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2003 8:07 pm
Location: Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Gender: None specified

Postby Miztaken » Fri Dec 24, 2004 8:50 pm

oO;

The horror.

I'll go and vote.
During the day, in the middle of the night,
two dead boys got up to fight.
Back to back they faced each other,
drew their swords and shot each other.
A deaf policeman heard the noise,
came and shot the two dead boys.
And if you dont believe that this lie is true,
ask the blind man, he saw it too.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:55 pm
Location: Behind you
Gender: None specified

Postby Fixen » Fri Dec 24, 2004 10:50 pm

Dave wrote:Aresz-kun... Dakota Sanz... BLEEDMAN is the one who CARES you ungrateful little fucks. Bleedman works for HOURS every week to make a comic so you can read it FOR FREE and you won't even click a damned button for him once a day to say thanks? This is what bothers me the most about these list things is the complete slap in the face you get from the people reading your comic.

That's nice you don't care about the list but for crying out loud Bleedman does and you made him feel so so so good when he got second place and now that he's slipping you'll do nothing to help him feel good again? It's really such a tiny tiny tiny thing to ask but I guess your just too god damned important that your valuable time can't be wasted thanking people.


Close that with my 9 votes in 2 minutes.
offline
 
Posts: 168
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:49 pm
Gender: None specified

Postby Aresz-kun » Sat Dec 25, 2004 3:27 am

Dave wrote:Aresz-kun... Dakota Sanz... BLEEDMAN is the one who CARES you ungrateful little fucks. Bleedman works for HOURS every week to make a comic so you can read it FOR FREE and you won't even click a damned button for him once a day to say thanks? This is what bothers me the most about these list things is the complete slap in the face you get from the people reading your comic.

That's nice you don't care about the list but for crying out loud Bleedman does and you made him feel so so so good when he got second place and now that he's slipping you'll do nothing to help him feel good again? It's really such a tiny tiny tiny thing to ask but I guess your just too god damned important that your valuable time can't be wasted thanking people.


Dear Dave, please don t call me ungreatful, I am very greatful for bleedman for doing this comic for us. I cannot be anymore greatful I am.

However despite your point of view I find that voting at Buzzcomix is NOT a way to express my gratitude to his work. No sir, I don t like to see that people do their work as a competition, bleedman himself said that he is doing thie work for FUN at first and only secondly for the fans. NO DAMN COMIC LISTNG WILL DECIDE HOW GOOD A COMIC IS, also personally I almost NEVER read any other webcomics at all because I am not interested in them.

Therefore, I don t vote and I stand by it! Because I see no need for voting.

I express my gratitude to bleedman by doing the fanmanga in his universe for he told me that he is very greatful for and various other fanarts. I ALSO WORK HOURS EVERY WEEK FOR BLEEDMAN! In case you did not know this, check my DA account and see what I did so far. I am beginner artist so it is more difficuilt for me to create 2 pages of which is a billion times worse than other comics. I hope I convinced you...

...but if not I am truly sorry, I am an idelistic guy...

Oh an Merry Christmas to you too Dave!
"I hate this job"
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 142
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2004 7:12 pm
Location: Hungary
Gender: None specified

Postby Jay » Sat Dec 25, 2004 4:17 am

Yeah! Erm... I vote everyday... at least I try... on every comp in my house... friend's houses... public comps... ANYTHING!!! So yeah... it's truly sad that we're falling behind... we must think of a clever scheme to bring in votes... m'yes... some bribing would work... but what... what... Fanart? erm... Ehh... how bout just random shit... like stickmen doing weird and funny things... If stickguy Dom can be used as a substitude for anything... I'm sure something could be arranged... Ehh... even one special thing once a week/2 would pull in some more votes...

Ahh... thoughts, thoughts.
Merry Christmas dudes. Reject the censoring of Christ in Christmas!!!
Internet Celebrity ToastCrust
Twitter | Transistor Glamor | FFXIV: Lenini Leni (Hyperion)
RP Mod of the 3rd Astral Era
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 30945
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2004 2:44 am
Location: Richmond, British Columbia, Canada
Gender: Male

Postby Dave » Sat Dec 25, 2004 4:37 am

That is some pretty impressive fan art you got there and it does look nice.

Now for why your still being a total prick. NOBODY ever said being in the top list decides how good a comic is. Thats you being retarded making up some kind of strange ideal to try and feel like your morally superior by not voting. It's not enough that you don't vote you also have to post and explain why it's dumb that other people vote for Bleedman. It burns me up that clearly your a major fan of the comic going as far as making your own fan art but you won't click a freaking BUTTON for bleedman. Yeah as you pointed out it IS Christmas but your too busy being selfish to give ONE CLICK of your mouse to Bleedman. You make me sick on so many levels right now I really don't want to continue talking to you. Your probably a fine person in other areas and in another conversation I'm sure we could have gotten along just fine but in this area your raw selfish assholeism blows my mind in ways I can't even begin to explain.
WiNg0o wrote:To be honest I thought Dave just existed. In the beginning there was Dave.
Administrator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18162
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2003 8:07 pm
Location: Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Gender: None specified

Postby Decoy » Sat Dec 25, 2004 4:38 am

Time to play a rousing game of pick apart the post.
Aresz-kun wrote:Dear Dave, please don t call me ungreatful, I am very greatful for bleedman for doing this comic for us. I cannot be anymore greatful I am.
Not as grateful as those that vote when Bleedman wants them to, aparantly.

However despite your point of view I find that voting at Buzzcomix is NOT a way to express my gratitude to his work.
How is your graditude any different than anyone else's?
No sir, I don t like to see that people do their work as a competition, bleedman himself said that he is doing thie work for FUN at first and only secondly for the fans.
Bleedman wouldn't be putting in all the extra effort that goes into putting a comic online if he wasn't doing this for the fans of the comic. Honestly, why do you think Bleedman puts his art online in the first place? Maybe he thinks, "Hmmm too bad I can't look at my own artwork while I'm at work and it is at home OMFG I'LL USE THE INTERNET SO I CAN LOOK AT MY OWN ART!!!111one" Then again, maybe you're logic is just flawed.
NO DAMN COMIC LISTNG WILL DECIDE HOW GOOD A COMIC IS
First of all comic listings aren't just to show what comics are better than others. The more people that vote and visit Buzzcomix the more people that visit other comics and thus all the comic artists win, unless...
I almost NEVER read any other webcomics at all because I am not interested in them.
Yeah. That explains a WHOLE lot.

I express my gratitude to bleedman by doing the fanmanga in his universe for he told me that he is very greatful for and various other fanarts. I ALSO WORK HOURS EVERY WEEK FOR BLEEDMAN! In case you did not know this, check my DA account and see what I did so far. I am beginner artist so it is more difficuilt for me to create 2 pages of which is a billion times worse than other comics.
So instead of voting and lending your support to Bleedman (in a way he wants people to support him none the less) you've decided that copying his work onto your novice devaintart drawings is a better idea?

I am an idelistic guy...
A pretty damn stubborn and selfish guy, too.

(Edit: Dangit Dave you beat me to it)
A skilled decoy can lead your enemies off your trail. A master decoy can survive to do it again.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2004 4:15 pm
Location: Place
Gender: None specified

Re: We're falling behind on buzzcomix!

Postby Aresz-kun » Sat Dec 25, 2004 5:49 am

Oh my goodness I am very sorry! I really did not want to offend anyone here at the first place. I seriously did not want to make a flamewar out of this!

...but still I fail to see the logic WHY you think voting so improtant... :( Why do you say that I am selfish? I really do not consider myself a selfish guy... I work alot I help my friends at school and outside school even tough it takes my free time and I get nothing in return. I make my comic based on bleedman's while I KNOW I get NOTHNG in return...

Ok, if you think this is so improtant... I just voted now...

Now for why your still being a total prick. NOBODY ever said being in the top list decides how good a comic is. Thats you being retarded making up some kind of strange ideal to try and feel like your morally superior by not voting. It's not enough that you don't vote you also have to post and explain why it's dumb that other people vote for Bleedman. It burns me up that clearly your a major fan of the comic going as far as making your own fan art but you won't click a freaking BUTTON for bleedman. Yeah as you pointed out it IS Christmas but your too busy being selfish to give ONE CLICK of your mouse to Bleedman. You make me sick on so many levels right now I really don't want to continue talking to you. Your probably a fine person in other areas and in another conversation I'm sure we could have gotten along just fine but in this area your raw selfish assholeism blows my mind in ways I can't even begin to explain.


Such harsh langugae. :( Why do you say that I am like that? I don t want to make you sick I really don t want to do any harm? Why do you say that I am selfish I really am not a selfish person...


So instead of voting and lending your support to Bleedman (in a way he wants people to support him none the less) you've decided that copying his work onto your novice devaintart drawings is a better idea?


Yes, I asked bleedman himself and he said yes... :(

Not as grateful as those that vote when Bleedman wants them to, aparantly.


Why so? I do a lot more work than just 1 click of a button like they do...

A pretty damn stubborn and selfish guy, too.


Then please give a reasoning to this so I could stop being selfish! :(

(Edit: Dangit Dave you beat me to it)


What s up with that line? Are you making a sport out of flaming other people?
Last edited by Aresz-kun on Sat Dec 25, 2004 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I hate this job"
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 142
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2004 7:12 pm
Location: Hungary
Gender: None specified

Re: We're falling behind on buzzcomix!

Postby Cap. Hardman » Sat Dec 25, 2004 6:41 am

Aresz-kun Iff you have Bleedman's "OK Go on", don't bother with them... (I don't have and i keep doing my "Catfight" strips lol). Your work is super! Congratulations! (one more that I hate because have the "mojo to drawn").

The only problem is this discution on this topic. But that's OK...

I have acess to 3 machines im my hometow (2 on the hollydays), and i vote ESD (Every Single Day) on the doujinshi. So, if "Cheezer than big" is there, it's not my faut!

c'mon, you guys! It just take a moment! Vote!

Merry XXXmas!
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2004 4:50 am
Location: Brazil
Gender: None specified

Postby Rival » Sat Dec 25, 2004 7:10 am

Well i just wanted to say that i vote for Bleedman every day. I`m not saying that people that vote are better fans then people who don`t vote. But i allways find 45 seconds to vote for Bleedman one click doesn`t hurt afterall. It`s just a way of showing Bleedman how much i love his doujin and if one click a day makes him happy why not do it?
Stanisław Lem wrote:I hadn't known there were so many idiots in the world until I started using the Internet.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 12784
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:54 pm
Location: Poland
Gender: Male

Postby Dave » Sat Dec 25, 2004 10:53 am

Kamisutra just summed it up.

Dakota dont' worry about it I'm fine with people NOT voting it is your choice but when your trying to say that it's stupid that people vote for Bleedman when I know it makes him feel appreciated it just makes me mad. And don't worry about my "harsh language" I swear constantly regardless of anger or otherwise. It's hardly a sign of anger with me as much of a sign of a really lame vocabulary (or so the old people tell me.)

But yeah no reason to flame him anymore I meant it when I said I'm done talking about it. But maybe now I can leave it on a better note.
WiNg0o wrote:To be honest I thought Dave just existed. In the beginning there was Dave.
Administrator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18162
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2003 8:07 pm
Location: Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Gender: None specified

Postby Jack Salem » Sat Dec 25, 2004 11:18 am

Dave wrote:Kamisutra just summed it up.

Dakota dont' worry about it I'm fine with people NOT voting it is your choice but when your trying to say that it's stupid that people vote for Bleedman when I know it makes him feel appreciated it just makes me mad. And don't worry about my "harsh language" I swear constantly regardless of anger or otherwise. It's hardly a sign of anger with me as much of a sign of a really lame vocabulary (or so the old people tell me.)

But yeah no reason to flame him anymore I meant it when I said I'm done talking about it. But maybe now I can leave it on a better note.

Dude, I was about to come back with 2 paragraphs on why BUZZ-COMICS is not the source of our fandom nor the reason why this comic exists. I was seriosuly about to mess you up lol . Since you came to your senses I guess I'll start all over again.

We said we loved the comic, Aresz-kun wrote/drew PAGES of fandom, dude, you can't say that is NOT enough gratification for you? It's has a LOT more worth than a frekkin' vote anyways. Is 1 million AND (almost) A FUCKIN HALF not enough? OBVIOUSLY we're grateful and placing the value of Bleedman's comic beyond that of a list is nothing short of a protige in fandom so...what the hell is the problem. Just don't worry about it, Bleedman is not going to DIE if he drops a few places off this list, I mean, it happens to EVERYONE who signs up at Buzz-comics at one point or another. Geeze.
Last edited by Jack Salem on Sat Dec 25, 2004 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 632
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2004 3:39 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: We're falling behind on buzzcomix!

Postby Aresz-kun » Sat Dec 25, 2004 11:23 am

To clear out a misunderstanding about my previous posts (thanks to Dave)I never said that voting for bleedman is wrong. I simply wanted to say that I do not wish to get involved in voting.

Because to me: voting = politics and politics = no thanks!

I never said that nobody should vote, heck that would be stupid then why was Bleedman registered there at the first place? I love the comic and bleedman is my friend and I would never want to do harm to him.

I m sorry for this incident!

Let's just do like Dave said and keep it nice with each other! ^_^
"I hate this job"
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 142
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2004 7:12 pm
Location: Hungary
Gender: None specified

Re: We're falling behind on buzzcomix!

Postby Jack Salem » Sat Dec 25, 2004 11:25 am

I m sorry for this incident!


You don't have to appoligize. Dave started it lol . But you're right, lets not bicker.

So instead of voting and lending your support to Bleedman (in a way he wants people to support him none the less) you've decided that copying his work onto your novice devaintart drawings is a better idea?



Just read this. A have a Bet for you. Show me something better. Just ONE picture to gratify yourself. I want to see how good of an artist you are. All I ask is one.....no?.....then SHUT THE FUCK UP.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 632
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2004 3:39 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: We're falling behind on buzzcomix!

Postby New Era Outlaw » Sat Dec 25, 2004 12:02 pm

Well, er.....Bleedman's got my vote.
To tell you the truth, I didn't really know about Buzzcomics until today, so I didn't cast any votes for my favorite comics.

I'll be sure to do my part and cast my vote today, because it takes a lot of hard work and dedication to churn out comics of that calibur on a weekly basis. Of course, Dave, your comic reeks of awesomeness too, so I'll be sure to do my part in getting Snafu-comics up there, too.
Image <==Poke Roll and see what happens.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 465
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 7:42 pm
Location: Wouldn't you like to know?
Gender: None specified

Postby Fixen » Sat Dec 25, 2004 12:59 pm

I believe, now, that Dave's description of this as an "necessary evil" is quite right. I will vote, but it'll depend on my memory to do so.

However, it isn't so bad after all since Bleedman holds his first place in the Manga section.
offline
 
Posts: 168
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:49 pm
Gender: None specified

Postby Mr. Mcgarrett » Sat Dec 25, 2004 4:49 pm

Voting means keeping said comic at the top, therefore drawing more interest to be clicked than ones with no visible banners. In other words, I think the main goal is getting traffic, not bragging rights. But that's my view of it........
:(
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:14 pm
Gender: None specified

Next

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests