Switch to full style
The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.
Post a reply

Re: Fuck Yeah, Pokémans

Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:36 pm

I support Salamence.

Mewtwo's new form looks like a stage 1 that would slot between Mew and Mewtwo. It looks weaker than Mewtwo even though it is supposed to be Mewtwo's true power...or something. Not that I dislike the design. I just don't think it looks as powerful as Mewtwo.

What on earth are they even going to change stat wise? If you swap his attack and defense stats around he would be Lugia. So make hiim as strong as the Kyurem forms with a 700 stat total? Or go for God and hit that mythical 720?

Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:40 am

Go big or go home.

Tue May 07, 2013 12:33 am

Salamance is annoying, just like Kingdra. You never know if it's physical or special, so I can't decide if I should use Gliscor or Blissey.

But Conkeldurr is easily the worst. Just like Garchomp with Sand Veil, it takes little to no skill for someone to use it.

Sat May 18, 2013 10:04 am

I remember I ran a fairly interesting start up for a team. A bulky Whimsicott with Prankster and Tailwind/Fake Tears/Endevor/and something else, and a Calm Heatran I believe with Flash Fire and Eruption being the main move/Flamethrower/Earth Power/Protect.

Turn 1: Whimsicott use Tailwind Heatran use protect.
Turn 2: Whimsicott use Fake Tears and HEatran use Eruption with fire gem. Does fairly well, but when Tailwind goes down it's kind of a problem.

Wed May 22, 2013 2:42 am

EXCITEMENT!!!

Wed May 22, 2013 6:23 am

Mr. Sefrol wrote:

Focus on mounts and character customization? What's with this WoW shit, I've quit WoW 3 years ago.

Wed May 22, 2013 6:48 pm

Well I don't mind the character customization so much, but the mounts seem a little odd. I mean, that's what the bike is for, right?

Wed May 22, 2013 9:02 pm

I'm guessing the mounts are more for rule of cool, much like how it wasn't completely necessary to have the first Pokemon in your party follow you around in HeartGold and SouSilver, but people adored it all the same.

All I can think about when looking at the customization screenshots is that Social Justice bloggers will either be happy that people can finally make their characters something other than white, or be disappointed in Nintendo for not going far enough. :T

Fri May 24, 2013 1:39 am

Now that I think about it, maybe the mounts will be used for something more productive? Like how Rock Climb and Surf work, but to walk across certain terrains? Like spike/rocky surfaces? Just another idea. If they're just mounts then my uncertainty still stands.

Sat May 25, 2013 1:29 am

I don't mind replacing my mundane bike with a living tank. That terrain idea sound good too though.

I'm even more hyped.

Sun May 26, 2013 6:19 am

But if it is that, being a way to cross terrain, then it would be kinda awkward to ride them if they're fainted now that you can see them a bit more clearly now.

Sun May 26, 2013 2:07 pm

I would assume they would look like their normal selves if they were fainted, they just can't fight is all. In all the previous generations even if a Pokemon was fainted they would still be able to lift you across the water. Granted you never saw the actual Pokemon itself seeing as it was normally a blob/sprite or some other form, but I don't think you'd see it beat up/bloody if you rode on it while it has 0 HP.

This is all just speculation, though.

Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:37 am

I knew there would be a ghost/steel type. Its not exactly what I expected though. We will be see how it turns out.

Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:42 am

Certainly a interesting concept. Phantom sword and all

Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:36 am

I am hoping it will have an evolution, but I kinda doubt it. Ghost/Steel is a rather powerful combination. Sableye and Spiritomb will likely never get an evolution due to their lack of a weakness as well.

Still a bit disappointed that Golurk wasn't Ghost/Steel.

Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:37 am

Well, it sort of makes sense to me since it was a "golem" pokemon that fit more to the legend of golems that they were made of clay.

But yes, this new pokemon's got me super excited. I was super excited when I first heard of Pawniard/Bisharp since it was the "sword" pokemon I'd been waiting for. Now we have another that just... yes. I can't approve of it enough.

Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:37 am

So apparently we have a plague doctor bird pokemon now.

They call it Shushup (expecting people to use that name in the future "humorously"). It's considered a "perfume" Pokemon in the description of it, is a fairy type and will most likely flying too, has Aromatherapy in its moveset, and its ability is Healer. Also, just look at that face. If that doesn't scream plague doctor, I don't even know. To admit, it's pretty cute.

Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:21 pm

I don't know how to feel about this...

Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:05 pm

HOLY CRAP! Are they actually making an anime show/movie accurate the the games? I'm interested.

Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:30 pm

It's a "anime special" for the launch of Pokemon X & Y. Whether it's an one off or not is unclear.

Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:21 pm

It's supposed to be more based on both the games and the manga, which prides itself on already being closer to the games than the anime.

Also expect a bit more violence than usual, as the Manga is kinda infamous for it.

Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:41 am

I actually still own all four of The Electric Tale of Pikachu comics (saying comics because they look more like comics than traditional manga volumes I'd usually see). Apparently the 4th one sells for a lot, and they're still sealed from back when I got them.

Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:34 am

Honestly, I don't think the movie will be as good as people believe. First of all, everyone counts Red as cooler than Gary. This is supposed to be impossible, but still...

In the movie trailer, Red seems more like Ash than the fan depiction of Red. That whole "kid smile with big eyes" trick shows a bit of the character's personality. He's soft, like a muffin. But he dissolves before you can even taste him rather than being chewy or nomalicious.

Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:08 pm

Biostar wrote:I don't mind replacing my mundane bike with a living tank. That terrain idea sound good too though.

I'm even more hyped.

Have you seen the new Blastoise? If only Mega-Evolutions could be used outside of battle, now that would be a freakin' living tank.

Although, while Mega Evolved Blastoise and Venusaur seem cool, I think the sorta phoned it in on Mega-Charizard. It was already a basic, generic dragon design, and they just add a couple of spikes and some arm wings?

C'mon, couldn't they have spiced it up a bit? They added a small jungle onto Venusaur instead of a single tree and they gave Blastoise wrist blasters like a Sentai turtle and a back-canon that looks like it should be blasting gunmen out of orbit, but they can't do something cool for Charizard?

Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:51 pm

BloodBrandy wrote:Mega-Evolutions

Wait... Blaziken AND Lucario BOTH have Mega-Evolutions! YES!!! Now I just need Gardevoir and Mismagius to have one and my pokemon team will be full Mega 0.0

--

As for Charizard, his new ability is already overpowered... Honestly, it seems that his body has been shaped that way to match his ability - it's much more water-durable from the looks of it. Plus, the new shape may allow for generally faster speed and reaction time.
Post a reply