Fuck Yeah, Pokémans

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Fuck Yeah, Pokémans

Postby mattjoe2000 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:35 pm

Teran wrote:
mattjoe2000 wrote:I've played only silver. I think there's just too many going out these days

No, I want more Pokemons! I demand more and more dammit!

lol hell i can't even keep up with the anime anymore lol

Postby Teran » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:40 pm

I stopped watching the anime a long time ago, I'm only interested in the games.
Disclaimer: If you don't agree with my opinion, I'm not a comic reviewer or a writer, I'm just an asshole. Also, I'm probably drunk right now.

Postby Thunderbolt » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:54 pm

There is an anime?

Postby Kyan » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:39 am

Teran wrote:
Kyan wrote:I've never seen the move Memento before. Mind explaining what it does exactly?

Memento is quite an interesting attack. The Pokemon that uses it will faint immediately, but it will lower the Attack and Special Attack of the opponent's Pokemon, which at first sounds pretty expensive.

My opponent had a Chandelure, and I was using my Porygon2, which is one of the best walls in the whole game thanks to Eviolite. Anyways, my opponent knew that my Porygon2 would easily defeat his Chandelure, so he used Memento, reducing my Special Attack, and summoned Raticate. Didn't took Memento too seriously and used Thunderbolt against it, but it did nothing. My opponent, on the other hand, used Swords Dance (strangely, his Raticate didn't have a Toxic or Flame Orb... dunno, was weird to me). To make the story short, I managed to defeat that Raticate thanks to the fact that my Arcanine has Extremespeed, but damn! 2 Swords Dance and a Life Orb is a serious fucking threat, and all thanks to Memento.

Jesus that's actually terrifying when you think about it. And the Anime...nope. Just too stupid and kiddy nowadays.
You Just Gotta Believe!!!
yukkuri shiteite ne!

Postby BlazingBarrager » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:47 am

Prefer the games and Pokemon Special.

Location: That little place in your head you don't know about.

Postby Teran » Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:58 pm

Had another interesting match with a guy who had 0 victories. Much to my surprise, he played pretty good. I think the defining point of the match was when he summoned Darmanitan, and I didn't took him that seriously, I mean, my Porygon2 can resist anything. What I didn't knew was that he had Belly Drum, which raises the attack stat completely for half of your health. Luckily, I traced the "Sturdy" ability from his Gigalith.

Too bad I'm the only one who likes to play on Random Matchup, would love to hear YOUR stories :(
Disclaimer: If you don't agree with my opinion, I'm not a comic reviewer or a writer, I'm just an asshole. Also, I'm probably drunk right now.

Postby BlazingBarrager » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:10 am

My internet sucks too much to allow me frequent matches. Frankly, I don't want to do random matchup until I have a decent enough team. Besides, had enough fun kicking Grid's ass.

Postby Thunderbolt » Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:44 pm

BlazingBarrager wrote:My internet sucks too much to allow me frequent matches. Frankly, I don't want to do random matchup until I have a decent enough team. Besides, had enough fun kicking Grid's ass.

Whenever you want this Groudon and Larvatar...

Postby BlazingBarrager » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:43 pm

Thunderbolt wrote:
BlazingBarrager wrote:My internet sucks too much to allow me frequent matches. Frankly, I don't want to do random matchup until I have a decent enough team. Besides, had enough fun kicking Grid's ass.

Whenever you want this Groudon and Larvatar...

When's the best time to do it? I've got classes on M, W, and F, but I'm off T and TH.

Postby BlazingBarrager » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:02 pm

Okay I seriously need a huge favor from someone here. I finally found a way to make Flareon somewhat usable in battle. Only thing is...it requires FR/LG...something that I don't have anymore. Here's the article on it.

http://www.halolz.com/2011/09/21/flareo ... at-useful/

I seriously need someone to get a good Eevee from FR/LG and teach it Mimic on that game before transfering it via Pal Park (if possible). Hopefully someone here still has a DS (or DS Lite) and the respective games.

Postby Thunderbolt » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:05 pm

Thursday after 5pm central.

Oh my. Flareon is useful?!

Postby Teran » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:11 am

So much fucking work in order to make Flareon useful? Not to mention it's a glitch, it's not really a legit Pokemon.

There are MANY other Fire type Pokemons who can easily replace that Flareon. Kudos on the guy who found out that glitch though.

Postby BlazingBarrager » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:05 am

Thunderbolt wrote:Thursday after 5pm central.

Oh my. Flareon is useful?!

Alrighty.

And yes! Huzzah!

Teran wrote:So much fucking work in order to make Flareon useful? Not to mention it's a glitch, it's not really a legit Pokemon.

There are MANY other Fire type Pokemons who can easily replace that Flareon. Kudos on the guy who found out that glitch though.

Heeeeeey! Don't be mean to Flareon! This is what he needed!

Postby Teran » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:26 pm

Maybe if it could actually learn Flare Blitz on it's own I wouldn't be so mean, but it can't. But hey, Leafeon will always be considered the worst Eevolution, so relax :P

Postby BlazingBarrager » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:31 pm

Is that a given fact, or more of an opinion on your part?

Oh yeah, can anyone get me a Vulpix with Drought? I don't think with the amount of time I've spent with Dream World that I can currently get it. Don't care what its stats or nature is as long as I can breed it.

Postby Teran » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:40 pm

Please consider most of the stuff I say as an opinion. Leafeon is my least favorite Eevolution, mostly because I see little to no use for it unless I have a sunlight team.

Jolteon, Vaporeon and Espeon will always be my favorite ones.

Postby Mathias » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:40 pm

Are the Eevee forms really standout PPKMN for their types or just mediocre?

Postby Teran » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:51 pm

Jolteon is an excellent Special Attacker which can easily fit in any team thanks to it's great Special Attack, Speed and overall decent movepool.

Vaporeon is another strong contender for the best Eevee evolution, as it has great HP stats, and can be a pretty decent wall in order to block your opponent.

Thanks to it's new ability, Espeon with Magic Bounce can be a dangerous threat for anyone. Again, great speed and special attack make Espeon a good candidate for any team.

Umbreon is more or less acceptable, thanks to it's good Defenses and the fact that it can learn Wish. Not my favorite, but again, an acceptable choice.

Flareon was the first disappointing Eevolution, thanks to the fact that, while it's Attack is a pretty solid stat (130), it has a pretty horrible moveset, and overall bad speed.

Leafeon has some pretty decent stats, but I can't see any use to it unless you have a sunlight team. The same applies to Glaceon, while acceptable overall, if you don't have an ice team, there's not really any purpose for it to be in your team.

Just my opinion.

Postby Mathias » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:27 pm

Do any of them learn good moves naturally?

Postby Teran » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:37 pm

Naturally? More or less, but they will never reach their full potential by learning moves naturally. You need to invest in them TMs and breed them so that the offspring knows good moves.

Postby Mathias » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:48 pm

I don't breed unless it's for a PKMN that can only be obtained through breeding and that's only to fill out the Pokedex. Hatching takes far too long.

Postby Teran » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:50 pm

Mathias wrote:I don't breed unless it's for a PKMN that can only be obtained through breeding and that's only to fill out the Pokedex. Hatching takes far too long.

You'd be surprised of all the benefits and advantages. But then again, you don't care abou EVs, IVs and Nature, so yeah.

If you have a Pokemon with Flame Body in your party, the number of steps it takes for an egg to hatch is halved.

Postby Mathias » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:49 am

I know that much, but it still takes forever.

Postby BlazingBarrager » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:29 pm

Mathias wrote:I know that much, but it still takes forever.

All I hear is complain, complain, complain.

Postby Mathias » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:38 pm

Your point? I'm sorry that I don't put a lot of time and devotion into a video game.

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)