Fuck Yeah, Pokémans

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby Beauty » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:40 pm

Yeah, that's one of the good things about the game: you can keep playing and still have enough to do to be entertained even after the "storyline" is finished.
A GIR quote: I loveded you, piggie! I loveded you!

A quote from a friend: I love the 19th century. At least when they were going to rape someone, they had class about it.

A quote from me: NO, I WILL NOT PRAISE SATAN FOR YOU, BEAR!

Click me!

Postby Mo Yeongsu » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:07 pm

Lol! I can't believe you just stickied this!

Added after 1 minutes:

And you locked Grids' DA ban thread? You're on a roll of completely surprising me today.

Postby Yoshi » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:07 pm

I can. Would it help if I added the arbitrary word "Club" to the title? I'll go ahead and lock this if it gets spammy, but in the meantime there's worthwhile discussion on a subject that people can talk about.

Just because it's Pokémon makes no difference.
"Worst case scenario I'll get arrested for public nudity.
Best case scenerio I'll get arrested for public nudity with a boner. It's win win.
" ~ Dave
"Also Yoshi is the most important person in all of Australia." ~ Zepherin

Postby Marquis de Soth » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:13 pm

Awesome threads deserve to be stickied. Also, I saw you were talking about Flygon on the last page. Personally, I like having Salamence in my party instead. It reminds me of Dragonite and I always loved that one.
Marquis de Soth

Postby Mo Yeongsu » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:17 pm

I agree it's a worthwhile topic because most of us grew up playing it and are still playing it. There's a multitude of discussions and comments on the subject, so stickying it (especially in this particular section of Snafu) won't hurt anything. It did surprise me simply because not too much gets stickied.

As for Grids getting banned thread being locked, this would be the place to talk about it, but I think it's debatable as to whether it should be allowed to exist at all. It is his problem, but there are other forumers who do care and are curious.

Back to Pokemon: I forgot how to get Bulbasaur and Squirtle in Yellow version. I found em, but the chicks won't give em to me. They keep saying that the pokemon need a good trainer, but won't give em to me.

Postby Beauty » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:18 pm

I loved those guys too. I'd have gotten a Dragonite, but I always thought Dratini was too cute to make evole. What can I say? I like cute things.

A quote from a friend: I love the 19th century. At least when they were going to rape someone, they had class about it.

Click me!

Postby Cybella » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:20 pm

Beauty wrote:I loved those guys too. I'd have gotten a Dragonite, but I always thought Dratini was too cute to make evole. What can I say? I like cute things.
I couldn't either just too cute anyway you put it.

Postby Beauty » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:24 pm

I must admit, much as I loved being able to barrel through opponents with powerhouses like Gyarados or Alakazam or Empoloen or whatever, I've always l must say the cuties like Jigglypuff and Togepi and Piplup made the biggest impression on me. Another good thing about the game: the Pokemon are diverse and unique and keep you interested.

Click me!

Postby Yoshi » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:25 pm

You need to beat Lt. Surge to get Squirtle. To get Bulbasaur you need Pikachu to be happy, which means letting him fight, win, not faint or get put in the PC.

Still breeding for that Timid Eevee.
Best case scenerio I'll get arrested for public nudity with a boner. It's win win.
" ~ Dave

Postby Mo Yeongsu » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:28 pm

Guess I've been lettin him faint too much. Dammit.

Postby Marquis de Soth » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:28 pm

I myself never understood not letting your pokemon evolve into their stronger states. Of course, I'm also one who doesn't care about the cuteness of my pokemon. Whenever I played my Red version, whenever I caught a good pokemon, the only time I wouldn't level it is if there was a specific skill that they needed to learn at their first stage. Of course I bypassed that also a lot by using TMs and HMs.
Marquis de Soth

Postby Beauty » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:29 pm

Good luck with that, Yoshi. Hey, how do you get an Eevee in Diamond/Pearl anyway? Is importing it from Leaf Green/Fire Red the only way? (which reminds me, on that list of Pokemon games my brother lost, I forgot to mention he lost a copy of Leaf Green he got somehow too...that kid is CURSED, I tells ya!)

Click me!

Postby Yoshi » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:31 pm

I can understand not evolving in a non-competitive state. I mean, a level 100 Squirtle can beat the Elite Four just fine, so apart from some moves, why bother evolving if you like Squirtle best?

Edit: To get Eevee in D/P you need to beat the Elite Four, then go to the Trophy Garden. On certain days the butler will put different Pokémon in the backlot for you after talking to Mr. Backlot. It's a 5% chance to find the Pokémon of the day. I lucked out and caught a male and then female Eevee almost straight away, which means I can just breed for my Eevees (Five sitting in the box at level one, bar the parents).
" ~ Dave

Postby Beauty » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:33 pm

Heh. That just made me remember how once my older brother beat the entire Blue game with no Pokemon other than his starter Squirtle (later Blastoise) just to prove to a friend you can indeed beat the game with just one Pokemon. Come to think of it, he's in college now, and probably didn't take Blue with him...Hmmm...*makes mental note to raid older brother's abandoned room later in search of Pokemanz*

EDIT: ah, I see. I really have to find myself a DS so I can play Diamond again...

Click me!

Postby Yoshi » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:37 pm

Grr, I need a Slugma. For the record, a Pokémon with Magma Armor or Flame Body halves the steps required to hatch, which it over eight thousand for an Eevee.
" ~ Dave

Postby Mo Yeongsu » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:37 pm

Lord Soth wrote:I myself never understood not letting your pokemon evolve into their stronger states. Of course, I'm also one who doesn't care about the cuteness of my pokemon. Whenever I played my Red version, whenever I caught a good pokemon, the only time I wouldn't level it is if there was a specific skill that they needed to learn at their first stage. Of course I bypassed that also a lot by using TMs and HMs.

They learn moves at earlier levels if you don't let them evolve. That's a reason I'll hold out on some of mine. But they are weaker, so that does cause some problems.

Re: Fuck Yeah, Pokémans

Postby lollygags » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:37 pm

Did this topic need to be stickeyed? I know it's a hot topic right now, but eventually it will die out and take up the already crowded top space.

I haven't played since I beat Red version. To me there are only 151 Pokemon.

Postby Beauty » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:38 pm

Seriously? Never knew that. Thanks for educating me, Yoshi. Good luck catching that Slugma. Lord knows when you want to catch a certain Pokemon it becomes like ten times harder to get it.

Click me!

Re: Fuck Yeah, Pokémans

Postby Yoshi » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:43 pm

lollygags wrote:Did this topic need to be stickeyed? I know it's a hot topic right now, but eventually it will die out and take up the already crowded top space.

I haven't played since I beat Red version. To me there are only 151 Pokemon.

Does the Bleedman club really need to be stickied? Does ZoulArt's thread need it? No it doesn't need it, but I thought it'd be good to have something coherent to talk about that isn't Bleedman, PPG, Cartoon Network or things like that. But hey, what do I know, right? And it isn't taking up any extra room, given that I took down the outdated store notice. Like I said, if this becomes spammy I'll just lock it and let it die, I'm not attached. I just stickied it so it didn't get lost in a wave of "new person" or "new page" threads.

Also, if you've got friend codes, post them and I'll chuck them on the first page for an index.

Edit: WTF? Bulbapedia says 8960 steps for an Eevee to hatch. My pedometer in game says 9497. THIS IS MESSED UP.
" ~ Dave

Postby Marquis de Soth » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:11 pm

For the record, the Bleed Club does not talk about Bleedman nor any of his works.
Marquis de Soth

Postby Yoshi » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:16 pm

I know that. But by the same token it's just a thread where people talk about whatever, so if that has a right to be stickied (It seems) then an on topic discussion on Pokémon does too. All I'm saying is that I'm going by a precedent, so everyone can stop being so damn picky. If I had changed this to "The Ben 10 Club" or something I doubt anyone would complain.

BUT ANYWAY.

It is hard to get a Timid Eevee. I'd even settle for a Bold or Modest one (Of which I have none). But nooooo, I'm only getting ones that raise Defense or Attack and decrease Speed and Sp.Atk/Sp.Def, which is ten shades of useless for an Espeon.
" ~ Dave

Postby Marquis de Soth » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:17 pm

How unforunate.
Marquis de Soth

Postby Beauty » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:19 pm

Um, good luck again? Sorry, I got nothing. At least you still have your ability to play the game, count your blessings.

Click me!

Postby Wazit » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:23 pm

Haha sucks to be you, Yoshi

Postby shadow_the_beast » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:59 pm

Doesn't pkmn emerald have Lugia in some secret island?

Also the cutest pkmn is eevee.

Added after 9 minutes:

If you want a Milotic just go to that trade online building. A milotic should be on your pokedex and hopefully someone won't ask for something hard to get (like a lvl 100 shiny Mew). I got mine by trading Scizor.

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)