WARNING!!!!

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby Viggetto » Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:15 pm

I beleive that's the virus that took out PlanetMegaman's forum.... And other forums.

Postby SemiJuggalo » Tue Dec 21, 2004 7:39 pm

Dave wrote:Yeah it's true Microsoft tried to Buy Nintendo Several times. Which would be an incredibly smart move for them. Personally I wanted Nintendo to buy Sega. That would have made me a very happy David.

Co-sign!

If that happened, Sonic and co. could appear in a Smash Bros. game!

*Back on Topic* Hopefully, Dave or Bleedman won't get hit by this virus.
"You may have won the battle but I'm out of ammunition!" --The Four Postmen

Instead of constantly complaining about 4Kids, why not take action? Why not stop watching their butchered anime programming? You're only providing them with more undeserved ratings! That's what I did... after a while, actually.

I actually tried to give the 4Kids version of One Piece a chance, I REALLY DID! However, as the show progressed, I grew sicker and sicker of all the glaring edits and horrid voices! So, I've decided to avoid watching any 4Kids-related shows, which is a shame because the new Ninja Turtles cartoon is the only 4Kids show worth watching!

Saturday mornings are dead to me... way to go, Al Kahn!

Location: Somewhere cursing Keiji Inafune for pulling the extras from the MMX Collection.

Postby Fixen » Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:05 pm

Battlefield Intel.

I have spotted over 19 generations of this virus during this Google search. Apparently it has hit a hell lot of sites. Below is the search URL. Put it in your address bar, and just take a look at this horribly long blacklist.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=ne ... gle+Search

Postby Cali Defender » Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:07 pm

damnit, i hate viruses, do ppl have nothing better to do than spend countless hours messing up ppls life...?

Postby Al Calnos » Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:55 pm

Caligula wrote:damnit, i hate viruses, do ppl have nothing better to do than spend countless hours messing up ppls life...?

For people who make viruses, no they dont. They are sad and deprived geeks who lurk in their basements and attempt to destroy humanity by messing up their computers/websites. But they can never win, for we are GAMERS! FANS! TECHIES! INTELEGENT PEOPLE! COOL DUDES! And many other things. May these virus makers and crackers("evil hackers") burn in the basement they so love to live in.

Thank you, and good night.

Postby Cali Defender » Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:57 pm

hell yeah!! woohoo....*looks around and walks away.*

Postby Karuma » Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:59 pm

Wait... If we are so smart, why don't we counter virus them?

Postby Fixen » Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:01 pm

I just found this site. It's a list, named "Defacements on Hold", listing the worm's next targets.
http://zone-h.org/defacements/onhold

It looked like this is a collaboration of hacking groups, and I don't want to know what size that is.

Postby Cali Defender » Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:15 pm

i wouldnt hang in sites that are built of hackerz and virus makers, if they get burned, then you miht get burned too.

Postby Al Calnos » Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:40 pm

Kalma wrote:Wait... If we are so smart, why don't we counter virus them?

These are 1337 geeks we're messing with. They might just use the virus to their advantage and spread it back to us. We must find out where they are hiding. Once their base of operations has been confirmed, my team of elite paintball soilders will stealthly move in and take them out one by one. Then we shall piss on them all.

Postby Disco Samurai » Wed Dec 22, 2004 12:24 am

Al Calnos wrote:
Kalma wrote:Wait... If we are so smart, why don't we counter virus them?

These are 1337 geeks we're messing with. They might just use the virus to their advantage and spread it back to us. We must find out where they are hiding. Once their base of operations has been confirmed, my team of elite paintball soilders will stealthly move in and take them out one by one. Then we shall piss on them all.

You just made me smile wide in such a boring and uneventful night... and no, it's not sarcasm. Thanks for that... ;3

Let's TORCH 'EM ALL!!!
When people say you've changed... it's because you stopped living your life their way.

Postby Fixen » Wed Dec 22, 2004 7:58 pm

I restate my last post. It's a list of reports of what has already happened. That site collects infection reports.

According to TechWorld, Google has patched it, and the threat is declared to an end.
http://www.techworld.com/security/news/ ... ewsID=2854

Perl.Santy.A was declared a Category 2 virus, with a high spread and medium damage. The list I posted earlier was not the blacklist for future attacks, but what has already happened. This appeared to be a collaboration of hackers.

Only two words that I hate now: SCRIPT KIDDIES. They aren't so bad this time actually. They made 300 forums go down.

Re: WARNING!!!!

Postby Why_am_i_here? » Wed Dec 22, 2004 11:20 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HACKHALO GOT HACKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!//GOT THE VIRUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :( :( :( :( :( :( :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :( :( :( :( :( :( :brickwall: :brickwall: >.< >.< :snoogins: :snoogins: :brickwall: :brickwall: :( :( :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:
Fucktards! YOU BITCH FUCKIN ASSWIPES!!!!!!!

Dear Dave, i dont care abou t what the people think their just fucktards

Postby Fixen » Thu Dec 23, 2004 10:55 pm

Hey, anybody want to go with my decision to name who_am_i_here the official spammer of this forum?

Postby Cali Defender » Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:15 pm

no, ignore him, hell die.

Postby Fixen » Fri Dec 24, 2004 1:48 am

Point taken.

Postby griffa » Fri Dec 24, 2004 4:24 pm

Didn't Underpower get hit with this a few days ago? Last time I went to it there was just "This site is defaced!" in red letters and some other stuff on the bottom. . .

If not, does anyone know whats going on with Underpower? I don't know a whole lot about virus's cause I've never had one. :ogle:
" There is life outside your apartment. I know it’s hard to conceive.
But there’s life outside your apartment.
And you’re only gonna see it if you leave.
There is cool shit to do,
But it can’t come to you,
And who knows, dude
You might even score!
There is life outside your apartment.
But you gotta open the door!"
~Avenue Q

Postby Rival » Fri Dec 24, 2004 4:42 pm

griffa772 wrote:Didn't Underpower get hit with this a few days ago? Last time I went to it there was just "This site is defaced!" in red letters and some other stuff on the bottom. . .
If not, does anyone know whats going on with Underpower? I don't know a whole lot about virus's cause I've never had one. :ogle:

Well griffa772 i don`t wish to scare you but you may as well have a virus on your pc and not know it. If you haven`t got the right program to protect your pc like Norton Anti-Virus tricky viruses that hide like troian horses or worms may be on your computer without you noticing. And even if you are protected from viruses ther are still adware`s which are even more tricky. They are even harder to find and if you haven`t got the right software like Ad-Aware or Hijack it`s possible they are on your pc without you noticing. As for Underpower i don`t think the site went down because of the virus but if you really want to know. Fixen has put up an adress of a site with the names of the victim sites on page 2 of this topic. So if you wish to know just go their.
Stanisław Lem wrote:I hadn't known there were so many idiots in the world until I started using the Internet.

Postby Jack Salem » Fri Dec 24, 2004 6:11 pm

Fixen wrote:Hey, anybody want to go with my decision to name who_am_i_here the official spammer of this forum?

He's ten years old. What else would you expect from somebody who's just hiting puberty :tokingmonkey: .

Postby Cali Defender » Fri Dec 24, 2004 6:28 pm

why did you add a smoking monkey to the conversation? he always messes everything up.

Postby griffa » Fri Dec 24, 2004 7:08 pm

Kamisutra wrote:
griffa772 wrote:Didn't Underpower get hit with this a few days ago? Last time I went to it there was just "This site is defaced!" in red letters and some other stuff on the bottom. . .

Well griffa772 i don`t wish to scare you but you may as well have a virus on your pc and not know it. If you haven`t got the right program to protect your pc like Norton Anti-Virus tricky viruses that hide like troian horses or worms may be on your computer without you noticing. And even if you are protected from viruses ther are still adware`s which are even more tricky. They are even harder to find and if you haven`t got the right software like Ad-Aware or Hijack it`s possible they are on your pc without you noticing. As for Underpower i don`t think the site went down because of the virus but if you really want to know. Fixen has put up an adress of a site with the names of the victim sites on page 2 of this topic. So if you wish to know just go their.

Thank you for warning me, but I'm pretty sure most of the programs you mentioned are for PC's. I have a Mac, so virus's in general don't target Macs because they're much more secure and just not as popular so their less likely to be targeted. Plus my family is very tech oriented, so any programs that would help me are already on my computer. Thank you again for the warning though!
" There is life outside your apartment. I know it’s hard to conceive.
But there’s life outside your apartment.
And you’re only gonna see it if you leave.
There is cool shit to do,
But it can’t come to you,
And who knows, dude
You might even score!
There is life outside your apartment.
But you gotta open the door!"
~Avenue Q

Postby Fixen » Fri Dec 24, 2004 7:22 pm

To correct, it's a worm, not a virus.

1) That's the worm that wiped out 300 servers, correct. "This Site is defaced!" is its sign.
2) That worm targets forums, not individual computers. I can't see forums either, not just you. Not our problem.
3) Right. Macs don't get hit that much because that's not the general audience for hackers to aim.

Once you get infected for the first time, you'll see how a pain it is to remove them. However, you're more likely to get hit with adware waaay more than anything else, not to say they're lesser of a pain.

A well made term: Kruegerware. Adware that bury themselves into every corner of your computer, so like Freddy Krueger, they just don't die. Not unless you remove every trace of them. Otherwise they'll come back to haunt you.

Postby Cali Defender » Sun Dec 26, 2004 10:51 am

damn, the worm hit planet battlefield. At least homefront got hit, when the fuuck will people update there sites to defend against it?

Postby Fixen » Sun Dec 26, 2004 11:11 am

Oh god...the worm didn't really stop.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4117711.stm

According to BBC news, it hit over 40,000 sites, not the 300 I said.

Postby randy r » Sun Dec 26, 2004 12:29 pm

Dave wrote:Yeah VG Cats got hit which sucks. You'd think I'd take the nessicary precautions now... but I wouldnt' know what to do until they attack. And then it's just do what VG Cats did wipe the forum clean (yeah I know scary thought.) and start over with something different. So yeah let's all HOPE Snafu never gets attacked or we'll all be registering again. I some how doubt we will. But that could just be ignorance talking.

There is a patch for this. ANS or ANN got hit in their forums, and I know AnimeonDVD took theirs down for a while to apply the patch. Just check on one of those sites, or the homepage for the forum software.
Long live the Irken Empire!

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)