OUCH!!! Touchy! - Competitors are hatin' on the Doujinshi!

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby Disco Samurai » Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:29 pm

Well, they will be in an even more awry mood now that the comic is #3.

There's even a guy there who whines about PPG getting that high. I, for one, am happy. =3
When people say you've changed... it's because you stopped living your life their way.

Postby Hyper » Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:36 pm

YOU PEOPLE ARE SUCH N00BS!!
Why do you guys act as if you care or that Girly fans' opinions matter over something so stupid?

Postby Why_am_i_here? » Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:50 pm

Fucktards! YOU BITCH FUCKIN ASSWIPES!!!!!!!

Dear Dave, i dont care abou t what the people think their just fucktards

Postby Yoshi » Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:53 pm

What the hell was that about???
"Worst case scenario I'll get arrested for public nudity.
Best case scenerio I'll get arrested for public nudity with a boner. It's win win.
" ~ Dave
"Also Yoshi is the most important person in all of Australia." ~ Zepherin

Postby Why_am_i_here? » Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:00 pm

Why_am_i_here? wrote:im just here cuz the comic is great but ive seen better pleez dont hurt me

thats why

here lookie at this comic[not for those bitch ass muther fuckin jackasses that hate halo!!!!!!11111111] http://www.furnation.com/JaxxBlackFox/Fur_lo.htm
Last edited by Why_am_i_here? on Mon Dec 20, 2004 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Dorian » Thu Dec 16, 2004 12:50 am

So you're saying those are better comics...?

That's so ridiculous, that I can't even think up a decent response because of how dumbfounded I am at the stupidity of those comics.
Never asked for this

Postby Yoshi » Thu Dec 16, 2004 2:43 am

Why am I not surprised to see that two of them have to do with Halo...
"Worst case scenario I'll get arrested for public nudity.
Best case scenerio I'll get arrested for public nudity with a boner. It's win win.
" ~ Dave
"Also Yoshi is the most important person in all of Australia." ~ Zepherin

Re: OUCH!!! Touchy! - Competitors are hatin' on the Doujinsh

Postby Redcap224 » Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:07 am

I'd say, enough with the hatin'. Anyone putting in weekly work on a Web comic should be given some admiration in the first place - it's not easy stuff.

Bleedman's work is superb, and that's a fact. I judge how good a web comic really is by how much it inspires me to sit down and practice my own limited artistic skill on the comp. PPG done like this with his style is one of the few that makes me feel that way.

So vote for it every day already. The votes do more than flames anyway.

Postby Jack Salem » Thu Dec 16, 2004 6:04 am

Wow....

You guys do realize that you're taking this almost 3x worse than Girly fans were.

Postby yalborap2 » Thu Dec 16, 2004 6:37 am

Hyper wrote:YOU PEOPLE ARE SUCH N00BS!!
Why do you guys act as if you care or that Girly fans' opinions matter over something so stupid?

Because we like the comic. I don't plan on reading girly at the moment, although I may in the future when I have some space for another comic.

Location: Within the hellish flames known as southern california

Postby Can't-tell-ya-my-name » Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:17 am

WOW!!! I'm still alive! (watching for the angry mob doing camping in front of my door) eh...

I guess that's part of the fun... to cring at each others neck in order to defend our opinions lol

Nah, please don't kill each other. Wait 'till our next movie. Then, if it suxs you can flame us down... if its good you can bow to us and say we rock lol By the way, that's what we should do here... Mr. Bleedman's art is gorgeous and nice... we already have the CROWDED group of characters, we'll deal with it (now that I understand why there are so many... I just use a map in order to follow them... er, ok, turn right 10 steps to follow Bell and Blossom...)

Postby Hasegawa Rayven » Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:26 am

Actually the collaboration on Kingdom Hearts turned out really well. and You guys had a bunch of Disney characters in there. Just about Every major Disney villian, and their good guy counterparts. not to mention having them interact with the Square characters.
Syaoran and Sakura "Meant to be"

Postby Fixen » Thu Dec 16, 2004 7:28 pm

Dakota Sanz wrote:Wow....

You guys do realize that you're taking this almost 3x worse than Girly fans were.

Quite true. Mayhaps we'll quiet down and enjoy new pages once Sunday comes.

Postby Sylvia Stout » Fri Dec 17, 2004 3:42 am

I honestly hope that I don't stir anything up again by adding my (quiet, humble) two cents, but I don't think the characters that Bleedman has in the comic NOW are really that many. Maybe it'll be a bit of a juggling act, but it can be done. The problem is people asking for all sorts of characters from different shows...Danny Phantom, Foster's, Kids Next Door, Teen Titans, etc...I think that would be a bit much, to give EVERYONE from the character charts he's drawn a major role in the strip. Eventually, he'll have to stop. But that's just me, personally.

Jenny, the RRB, Zim, etc....I guess it depends on what he has in mind for them. I agree it'll seem silly to have had them if they don't pop up again, but we don't know that yet. He might have good reason for including them. I guess I'll wait and see. (Ironically, I could have done without all of them, but now that they've been introduced, I'd kind of like to see it played to to avoid the narrative hiccup of a character being formally introduced and then inexplicably discarded.)

And yes, many of the characters (Blossom keeps getting mentioned, but I think MOST of them are at least a little different) are arguably OOC, but I guess I don't mind too much. This is just a stylization of the characters in an anime-esque setting, what you could call an "alternate universe." I think G.I.R. is OOC (and possibly an extraneous "animal sidekick") too, but I'm still amused. Again, that's just a personal opinion. But I think it would be blind to say anything that you like is PERFECT, because nothing is. Everything has problems, no matter how good it is, and people are definitely entitled to their opinions and to say something if they're bothered. But, I agree that I'm just going to read and have fun, so I'm not trying to be argumentative OR critical. Whee. ^_^ And that's all I'll say.

EDITED to add that honestly, I think Girly is fun, cute, and has nice artwork. I like lots of webcomics. No need to limit that to a few, or to be ruffled because of what some silly fans said, hm? ;) Uh, I like chocolate. *pleasant and oh-so-happy*
"Without Christmas, the US economy will collapse, anarchy will reign everywhere, and I WON'T GET MY PONY!" -- Earthworm Jim

"Ha, Ha-ha! Ha-ha! Ha-ha!" -- Mandark

Postby Jay » Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:34 am

Don't be afraid Sylvia... we don't bite... except him ~points at Why_am_I_here?~ And it's not I only read a few web-comics. But I do try to keep it down to 10 so I can keep the plots straight... and so I don't sit there reading forever.
Internet Celebrity ToastCrust
Twitter | Transistor Glamor | FFXIV: Lenini Leni (Hyperion)
RP Mod of the 3rd Astral Era

Postby Why_am_i_here? » Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:41 am

Can't-tell-ya-my-name wrote:WOW!!! I'm still alive! (watching for the angry mob doing camping in front of my door) eh...

I guess that's part of the fun... to cring at each others neck in order to defend our opinions lol

Nah, please don't kill each other. Wait 'till our next movie. Then, if it suxs you can flame us down... if its good you can bow to us and say we rock lol By the way, that's what we should do here... Mr. Bleedman's art is gorgeous and nice... we already have the CROWDED group of characters, we'll deal with it (now that I understand why there are so many... I just use a map in order to follow them... er, ok, turn right 10 steps to follow Bell and Blossom...)

fuck i just bought some SMGs damnit!!

Postby Fixen » Sat Dec 18, 2004 11:00 am

Don't get me started with guns, alrighty?
*loads rifle*

Now...back to the topic.

Postby Halfling Rogue » Mon Dec 20, 2004 1:37 pm

Ignoring all of the hostilities floating around here . . .

I just wanted to say that I agree with Sanz on that PPG isn't really all that strong, plot-wise. The characters are good. The art is AMAZING. The design is great. The plot is . . . okay. But not good. If I was reading for plot, I probably wouldn't read PPG. The concept and interpretation of the series is stunning, but it's true that once he got it started, Bleedman just kind of dragged it along.

Not that I'm trying to shoot down the comic. It's still good, and I don't doubt for a second that Bleedman or that any of us fans aren't having fun with it. ^^ Bleedman did claim that writing wasn't his strong suit, and keep in mind that English isn't his first language. Near as I can tell, he's just throwing together any idea that comes along and appeals to him; if you look at his comments on some of the plot ideas, a handful of them were even suggested by other people.

In the end, though, the PPG doujin is really just for kicks. Although if Bleedman ever got together with a good writer, someone like Rozefire or Pairaka (I'm only using them for examples because I'm currently braindead and can't think of anything else), I'd pay to see the end result. It would have the potential to kick his fandom (and his talent!) to a whole new level.

By the way, has anyone taken the time to go through the comic and pick out the pages where his style evolves? It's very interesting to try. :D
This space for rent until I can think of something suitably witty.

---

Ecter : http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/12827966
Venus : http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/12827985/

Where it all began: http://www.snafu-comics.com/forum/viewt ... ght=#92627

Postby Cali Defender » Mon Dec 20, 2004 1:56 pm

Whethere or not you think its a good story anyonje...you have to admit the style is incredible, and much better for a weeks work than alot of other web comics. The story is ok but mainly its kool to see the pure style of it.

Postby Halfling Rogue » Mon Dec 20, 2004 2:25 pm

Very true. I'd pull a Van Gogh to be able to draw and CG like he does.
This space for rent until I can think of something suitably witty.

---

Ecter : http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/12827966
Venus : http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/12827985/

Where it all began: http://www.snafu-comics.com/forum/viewt ... ght=#92627

Postby Cali Defender » Mon Dec 20, 2004 2:35 pm

seriously, and the amount of time he gets it done in is incredible, it would take me that long to finish a pencilart. oh well..

Postby Tsukao » Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:34 pm

---I'm new to the comic as well as the boards, but I do agree that there are far too many characters. As many have already said, it may be very hard to detail the background of the characters and even harder to build their development with so many floating around in the storyline. I say this however out of concern for the story's future. In the beginning, it is easier to play off of past character model's but as the story progresses something has to change in order for progress. Maybe this just comes back to the issue of characters being -out of character-; But when I read the comic and came to the message board, it seemed to me that many people like PPGD for the interaction between characters they like or know, even if vaguely, and to see their development. Looking at it in that sense it reminds me of a fanfic where the author takes an idea, some imagination and pen and paper to create a story that entertains not only himself but other fans as well.

As for opinions about the characters (staying in character) and still able to interact, I believe it would still take a little tweaking in their personality as those character situations rarely present themselves in the actual series. Blossom has been in large debate of this "transition" and how far the tweaking of the character's personalities should go. But arguing about their personality is rather difficult, especially since the story provides a hypothetical situation, in a different setting, where it may also be possible the characters' traits are different.

I would like to take a moment to apologize to anyone who may disagree with my thoughts or feel targeted by my opinion, but this was not my intention. My intention is to set up a collaborative argument that would help to direct the comic's direction if possible. If there is anything we could agree on, it is that we would like to see PPGD continue to produce quality art and a good story line, which does have room for improvement but will not happen if we don't help guide it. ---
Pay it forward.

Postby Naur » Mon Dec 20, 2004 5:17 pm

Ok I'm reading these comments, most of them attacking the storyline, and I'm thinking "Girly fans are saying this!?" Mind you girly has some nice art......BUT THE WHOLE FREAKIN PLOT HAS JUST BOILED DOWN TO NOTHING BUT A LESBIAN LOVE FEST DAMMIT! Before attacking the story of another comic take a look at the story of the one you post in favor of for crying out loud.

Postby Fixen » Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:24 pm

Well you see, combining an exquisite (love that word) drawing style and a stunning plot needs two people. You have probably seen a few examples of mangas in which there is an author and an artist. Another example would be that I can draw and I'm horrible at brainstorming. My online friend, however, makes the best of fanfics but can't draw for crap.

Postby Naur » Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:26 pm

yeah I know about those sorts of comics, machall is my favorite manga out there. Although some of the pages ian does the script for do turn out quite hillarious :P

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)