Who is Your favorite Teen Titan? 2.0

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Who is your favorite Teen Titan?

Raven
41%
Beast Boy
22%
Starfire
17%
Cyborg
7%
Robin
13%

Total votes : 46

Postby Mandy » Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:15 pm

Damn that red head imposter! She should be a blonde instead of a red. And why in the world would he want to be with her? They have nothing in common! Except that they are both TT.

(fun fact 'bout me: I'm actually called Terra as a nickname)

Postby Shebum Devi » Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:21 pm

What about that little kitten/spider guy eps. And marrying the green booger one? Something clicked there and I've never really seen him take too much of an interest in Raven.
He's not having a seizure, he's just roffling. • Behind every great woman, there is an ass. • Fuck Salt! - Tourette's guy

Location: Where am I? Home... without the internets. Need to call comcast, but too lazy.

Postby Mandy » Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:23 pm

I know, but they are following a storyline in a comic book. In the comic book Starfire is actually a whore on her planet.

Postby Shebum Devi » Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:34 pm

Lol, but I'm sure they changed it somewhat drastically. I mean there be no whoring of Starfire on CN's show. We can only speculate.
He's not having a seizure, he's just roffling. • Behind every great woman, there is an ass. • Fuck Salt! - Tourette's guy

Location: Where am I? Home... without the internets. Need to call comcast, but too lazy.

Postby yalborap2 » Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:29 pm

whoahwhoahwhoah. WHAT?! is that anti-starfire or is she actually a prostitute in the comic book?

And I've given my opinion on beast boy. he acts childish at times, but watch a few key episodes, namely the terra betrayal arc. he doesn't joke around. he focuses everything he has on protecting her, to the point that slade was at least challenged, and then when she betrays the teen titans, we see a raw rage that makes him rather powerful. I personally feel that this is the true beast boy. If a raven/beastboy relationship formed, one of them would rapidly change. Either raven would manage much better control of her powers while still letting a good deal of emotion out, or beast boy would stop clowning around so much, and show his true colors more often.

As for beastboy/terra, I don't have a problem with it. It works when it's done well(as in fanfiction.), but it has a LOT of margin of error. Terra is a complex character, who has betrayed(although in reality she was working for slade all along, so you can't really call it a betrayal.), and yet found that the life she pretended to live was the one she wanted. it is extremely difficult to portray this properly while still allowing the desired effect(namely BB/terra). Raven, on the other hand, is a little easier, although it is still very difficult to gain the desired effect(namely BB/raven.). You see, my interpretation is that raven has not realized something that anyone in her situation must learn before they go insane. Namely, that having to control your emotions exactly does NOT mean you have to hdie any trace of them. Let us say that happiness causes an effect where what causes sadness is destroyed by her powers. This is hypothetical, and only being used for the sake of this discussion. There are two options here: the easy one, never allow herself to be happy, and the harder one, keep control of that emotion, while still letting it out, merely not letting it go unchecked. Going the easy route would lead to insanity, as can be seen in 'how long is forever'(or whatever the name of the "starfire goes to the future" one is.).

I think about this stuff too much.

Location: Within the hellish flames known as southern california

Postby Acktoo » Tue Dec 14, 2004 4:19 pm

I have a couple things to say:

Raven is awesome!

In the comics, the Teen Titans look like adults, and Starfire's hair and costume ar horrendus (blech!). I like Starfire in TT-she's innocent, not a-well, you know.

As for Raven and BB, I kinda see her with Cy instead. BB's kinda like the "male best friend"-the sensitive, caring, goofy guy, who is friends with girls, but doesn't actually date much. Kinda like me.

As for Robin-Hatred!!! The only reason I tolerate that guy on TT is beacuse he's Batman's sidekick-that is all. Batman is awesome.

Robin may be Dick Grayson, but he looks like Tim Drake (The better Robin)-That should be fixed.

Okay, enough of my ranting.
Too good for you.

Postby Mandy » Tue Dec 14, 2004 7:05 pm

Meh, Robin is a dumb kid with no powers. Raven should start being like the Green Commando one, in the episode where BB and Cy go into her mind. That's a greta one.

Postby Acktoo » Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:55 pm

Yeah, I liked that Raven.
Too good for you.

Postby yalborap2 » Wed Dec 15, 2004 5:20 pm

I preferred the orange one(or whatever the color of the one that belched was.).

Postby Miztaken » Fri Dec 17, 2004 2:54 am

Robin only has those toys of his.

Raven has toys too... the people she beats the crap out of.
During the day, in the middle of the night,
two dead boys got up to fight.
Back to back they faced each other,
drew their swords and shot each other.
A deaf policeman heard the noise,
came and shot the two dead boys.
And if you dont believe that this lie is true,
ask the blind man, he saw it too.

Postby Verec » Fri Dec 17, 2004 9:19 am

Anyone here ever watched M.A.S.H.? I just realized tha BB reminds me of Hawkeye. They both joke a lot, but they understand the seriousness of things. In hawk's case, he ddoesn't wnat to go crazy, so he drinks, flirts and plays jokes. BB tells jokes and plays video games.
"I saw it, there, in the sewers...for just a second. All hunched over, skin pale white beneath those rags...so many rags. The vermin crawled about his feet like idolaters at worship, and I swear that the wind drew breath in a frightened gasp at his passing. He wore cold like a cloak and I swear that behind that smiling golden mask he was laughing at me as his curved blade rose and fell, cutting through my men. It left wounds filled with crystals of salt...the screams...the screams...and the pants....Gods! The Pants!!!"
-Captain Urtin, who salted and ate his former soldiers.
"Jar-Jar you're a genius!"

Postby Mandy » Fri Dec 17, 2004 9:59 am

I love M.A.S.H.!!

Postby Blaze » Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:30 am

SemiJuggalo wrote:This pisses me off to no end, because Cy is my second-favorite Titan. I get sick of going to TT websites and seeing, like, the armies of anti-Terra cultists, who hate Terra NOT because she was a spy sent by Slade but simply because she "moved in on Beast Boy" and that she "she took him from Raven!" Then there's the ultra-freaky couple shippers who come up with the most bizzare couples and write horrible fanfics about them. These are the strangest ones I've seen: Starfire/Blackfire and Rob/Slade...WTF!

But there is almost NO MENTION OF CYBORG ANYWHERE! Not even an anti-Cyborg HATE GROUP! It's fucking ridiculous and it honestly isn't fair! He's just as cool as the other Titans, yet he get NO RESPECT!

Sorry, everyone. I'll stop it here but SOMEONE has to agree with me about Cyborg, right?

Just for laughs. It's because he's black.

Postby Mandy » Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:41 am

I think the creators of the CN TT didn't put much thought into Cy. To them he's just the token Black guy. Think about it, Cy's personality is that he is a fun guy, knows when to be serious, wants to be human again. Not that much and he hasn't ahd very good personal episodes that build his character and add dimansions to him.

Postby Shebum Devi » Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:44 am

Is it just me or is it that Raven can kick some major ass and very often she doesn't. Well not until the end where she comes back...and does.

It's not just her, it's all of them. It's as though they don't want them to God mode even though they're all capable...

Well except Robin...(though I like him) whom they over glorify, because personally, I believe he's the weakest one.

Postby SemiJuggalo » Fri Dec 17, 2004 3:22 pm

Mandy wrote:I think the creators of the CN TT didn't put much thought into Cy. To them he's just the token Black guy. Think about it, Cy's personality is that he is a fun guy, knows when to be serious, wants to be human again. Not that much and he hasn't ahd very good personal episodes that build his character and add dimansions to him.

It's not just the fact that he's the token black guy. It's partly because the writers don't utilize his character properly. If they actually gave the characters origin stories, then it would be cool. Especially for Cy, it would give viewers a reason to sympathize with him.

FACT: During the early 80's, when the New Teen Titans comic series was going, Cy even had a brief stint in one of the last seasons of Super Friends (later called Super Powers Team: Galactic Guardians). Don't believe me? Then go to http://www.titanstower.com for ALL the info you need on the Teen Titans.
"You may have won the battle but I'm out of ammunition!" --The Four Postmen

Instead of constantly complaining about 4Kids, why not take action? Why not stop watching their butchered anime programming? You're only providing them with more undeserved ratings! That's what I did... after a while, actually.

I actually tried to give the 4Kids version of One Piece a chance, I REALLY DID! However, as the show progressed, I grew sicker and sicker of all the glaring edits and horrid voices! So, I've decided to avoid watching any 4Kids-related shows, which is a shame because the new Ninja Turtles cartoon is the only 4Kids show worth watching!

Saturday mornings are dead to me... way to go, Al Kahn!

Location: Somewhere cursing Keiji Inafune for pulling the extras from the MMX Collection.

Postby Acktoo » Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:07 pm

Mandy wrote:I think the creators of the CN TT didn't put much thought into Cy. To them he's just the token Black guy. Think about it, Cy's personality is that he is a fun guy, knows when to be serious, wants to be human again. Not that much and he hasn't ahd very good personal episodes that build his character and add dimansions to him.

Yeah, he was even doing the barbecuing when they went to the park!
Too good for you.

Postby SemiJuggalo » Fri Dec 17, 2004 7:56 pm

Does anyone else besides me think that Slade is TOO creepy to be a kid's show villain? He blackmailed Robin into working for him and he did worse to Terra! He turned her into a mere puppet (literally) with that costume!

Instead of constantly complaining about 4Kids, why not take action? Why not stop watching their butchered anime programming? You're only providing them with more undeserved ratings! That's what I did... after a while, actually.

I actually tried to give the 4Kids version of One Piece a chance, I REALLY DID! However, as the show progressed, I grew sicker and sicker of all the glaring edits and horrid voices! So, I've decided to avoid watching any 4Kids-related shows, which is a shame because the new Ninja Turtles cartoon is the only 4Kids show worth watching!

Location: Somewhere cursing Keiji Inafune for pulling the extras from the MMX Collection.

Postby yalborap2 » Fri Dec 17, 2004 7:58 pm

I think of it more as a teens show.

Also, he's meant to be the ultimate evil. The one who can send those he's harmed through hell even beyond the grave. You can't make someone like that shit lollipops and unicorns.

Postby SemiJuggalo » Fri Dec 17, 2004 9:50 pm

Of course not, but he creeps me out more than most villains I've seen.

*EDIT* Almost as much as The Joker.

Postby Mandy » Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:35 pm

The joker was an awesome baddie.
Last edited by Mandy on Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby yalborap2 » Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:37 pm

The joker was fucked up beyond reason.

Postby Verec » Sat Dec 18, 2004 4:03 pm

The Joker should get the powers of a Cthulhu sorcerer and threaten the entire world with the use of rampent madness inducing magic. Since the normal drawbacks of lovecraftian magic are insanity he would be immune to it!
And Slade is definately not a kiddie villian. He isn't stupid or anything, just arrogant. That is his only flaw aside from whatever drives him to seek power. Also he has struck me as being the subtle evil, the kind that as Frodo once said 'looks fair and feels foul.' Poor Terra was so desperate for control and acceptance that she took the easy path, and feel to him. I never really hated Terra, I just pittied he naivette. I pitty her still.
"I saw it, there, in the sewers...for just a second. All hunched over, skin pale white beneath those rags...so many rags. The vermin crawled about his feet like idolaters at worship, and I swear that the wind drew breath in a frightened gasp at his passing. He wore cold like a cloak and I swear that behind that smiling golden mask he was laughing at me as his curved blade rose and fell, cutting through my men. It left wounds filled with crystals of salt...the screams...the screams...and the pants....Gods! The Pants!!!"
-Captain Urtin, who salted and ate his former soldiers.
"Jar-Jar you're a genius!"

Postby Acktoo » Sat Dec 18, 2004 4:40 pm

I'm sorry but why does every villian have some sort of "take over the world" plan? A smart bad guy would realize that it would take too much time and effort. That and responsibilty, defense, etc.
Too good for you.

Postby Al Calnos » Sat Dec 18, 2004 5:45 pm

acktoo2001 wrote:I'm sorry but why does every villian have some sort of "take over the world" plan? A smart bad guy would realize that it would take too much time and effort. That and responsibilty, defense, etc.

Well if you destroy the world, there would be nothing left to do so thats no fun. And if you notice in TT, most villens just want to take over/destroy the city. I guess they think taking over Jump City is easier than doing the same thing in Gotham or Matropolis...

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)