Who is Your favorite Teen Titan? 2.0

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Who is your favorite Teen Titan?

Raven
42%
Beast Boy
23%
Starfire
17%
Cyborg
6%
Robin
13%

Total votes : 48

Postby Shebum Devi » Mon Dec 13, 2004 7:44 pm

I like raven just because I can relate to being a dark lonely hermit, but I enjoy everyone else almost as much for there own different reasons. That's why the show works so well.
He's not having a seizure, he's just roffling. • Behind every great woman, there is an ass. • Fuck Salt! - Tourette's guy

Location: Where am I? Home... without the internets. Need to call comcast, but too lazy.

Postby Acktoo » Mon Dec 13, 2004 7:58 pm

Yay! Moe love for Raven!^_^
Too good for you.

Re: Who is Your favorite Teen Titan? 2.0

Postby banovG » Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:08 pm

Cyborg isnt that bad. Seriously. I think hes actually pretty cool.

Oh, and, for the record, I really really like terra too. It may be because I missed that "spy" episode thing, but I know the basic concept i think of what happened.
I'm
too sexy for my shirt
too sexy for my shirt
so sexy it huuuurts...

http://someplace.keenspace.com
check it out

Postby Verec » Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:15 pm

My problem with raven is she is too much of a good thing. Yay for angsty goths say I, but please even Raven has some humanity. We get to see it but it never stays past the end of an episode. If they have charecter development,I would like to see repurcusions down the storyline for people other than Terra and Robin. Seriously no-one's charecter else has changed very much at all.
"I saw it, there, in the sewers...for just a second. All hunched over, skin pale white beneath those rags...so many rags. The vermin crawled about his feet like idolaters at worship, and I swear that the wind drew breath in a frightened gasp at his passing. He wore cold like a cloak and I swear that behind that smiling golden mask he was laughing at me as his curved blade rose and fell, cutting through my men. It left wounds filled with crystals of salt...the screams...the screams...and the pants....Gods! The Pants!!!"
-Captain Urtin, who salted and ate his former soldiers.
"Jar-Jar you're a genius!"

Postby Hasegawa Rayven » Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:32 pm

I really like the intro to the Aftershock Part 2 episode.

"My name is Terra, and I have done terrible things."

It just fits the tone of her character at that point so well.
Syaoran and Sakura "Meant to be"

Postby SemiJuggalo » Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:48 pm

For those who didn't know, Raven is NOT a Goth!

Raven is an introvert. An introvert is a person who chooses to direct one's true emotions inward. And for good reason, because if she leaves her emotions unchecked, it could leave her vulnerable to her father's influence and then her powers fly out of control.

Examples of this are when she flipped out on Dr. Light when he was wiping the floor with her and the other Titans. The fact that he insulted her Azarathian chant didn't help things either.

"A bit of advice: Learn shorter magic words."

Or how about 'Fear Itself?' Raven tried to deny her fears even though she was clearly afraid, thus causing all those monsters to be spawned from her mind.

Last, but not least was in 'Aftershock' part one. Terra mercilessly egged Raven on to the point where she cracked and then her demonic side overtook her once again.

Sure, the writers give Raven a Gothic attitude, but she isn't. She can't help acting cold towards others most of the time. However, she does love her friends dearly even if she doesn't show it.
"You may have won the battle but I'm out of ammunition!" --The Four Postmen

Instead of constantly complaining about 4Kids, why not take action? Why not stop watching their butchered anime programming? You're only providing them with more undeserved ratings! That's what I did... after a while, actually.

I actually tried to give the 4Kids version of One Piece a chance, I REALLY DID! However, as the show progressed, I grew sicker and sicker of all the glaring edits and horrid voices! So, I've decided to avoid watching any 4Kids-related shows, which is a shame because the new Ninja Turtles cartoon is the only 4Kids show worth watching!

Saturday mornings are dead to me... way to go, Al Kahn!

Location: Somewhere cursing Keiji Inafune for pulling the extras from the MMX Collection.

Postby Hasegawa Rayven » Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:29 pm

I'm actually to the point now, where I'm tired of all this playing around.

If they're gonna have something happen between BB and Raven, Have it Happen already! Stop screwing around with the Terra situation already. I'll bet if they got too close to having something happen between Beast Boy and Raven, that the next episode would be terra being revived and everything would go back to the way it was before. With Beast boy head over heels for Terra, and Raven back to her cold to everything routine.

Postby SemiJuggalo » Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:38 pm

I doubt it. Even though that hug at the end of 'Spellbound' launched a thousand BB/Rae fanfics, Raven did it because she was feeling vulnerable. She would have hugged Robin if he came to comfort her instead of Beast Boy.

Instead of constantly complaining about 4Kids, why not take action? Why not stop watching their butchered anime programming? You're only providing them with more undeserved ratings! That's what I did... after a while, actually.

I actually tried to give the 4Kids version of One Piece a chance, I REALLY DID! However, as the show progressed, I grew sicker and sicker of all the glaring edits and horrid voices! So, I've decided to avoid watching any 4Kids-related shows, which is a shame because the new Ninja Turtles cartoon is the only 4Kids show worth watching!

Location: Somewhere cursing Keiji Inafune for pulling the extras from the MMX Collection.

Postby Hasegawa Rayven » Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:40 pm

Yeah, but that's a single event in a line of them. BB is usually the one listening when something major happens to Raven.

Postby Cali Defender » Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:49 pm

yep, its usually bb who gets on her nerves or is there, either way though it seems kinda likely to me if they did end up together. it would not be that direct though.

Postby Verec » Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:59 pm

...does it really matter? Honestly I could do with a nudist super hero.
"I saw it, there, in the sewers...for just a second. All hunched over, skin pale white beneath those rags...so many rags. The vermin crawled about his feet like idolaters at worship, and I swear that the wind drew breath in a frightened gasp at his passing. He wore cold like a cloak and I swear that behind that smiling golden mask he was laughing at me as his curved blade rose and fell, cutting through my men. It left wounds filled with crystals of salt...the screams...the screams...and the pants....Gods! The Pants!!!"
-Captain Urtin, who salted and ate his former soldiers.
"Jar-Jar you're a genius!"

Postby Al Calnos » Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:11 pm

verec wrote:...does it really matter? Honestly I could do with a nudist super hero.

Are we refering to Cyborg again? Please people, its not like he has a metal penis showing! C-3PO is naked, but ive never seen anyone complain about that. How about your pet dog? HES/SHES naked, isnt he/she? Gosh...

Postby prehemencie » Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:27 pm

robin should be using the opponents force against them with a much more massive enemy instead of actually kicking them. that would be much more realistic.

Postby Captain Spyro » Tue Dec 14, 2004 12:26 am

Gotta go with Raven.
Bob: "So, what are you going to do now?"

Spyro: "I'd say the sky's the limit!"

Postby Bebichu » Tue Dec 14, 2004 3:51 am

Eh, I don't really have a favorite Teen Titan. Most of the characters got on my nerves. But I began to like Terra during those Aftershock episodes, made me feel a little sad too.

Postby yalborap2 » Tue Dec 14, 2004 4:00 am

Al Calnos wrote:Ive always been a big Batman fan, so i go with Robin. But i really dont dislike any of them.

Oh btw, to the people who complain about the girl outfits in TT, have you seen the comics? Star looks like a space hooker, literately. They redesigned them all to fit a younger audiance.

And Cyborg is "naked" and all because he was in a near-death lab accident that killed his mother, and his farther had to act fast so he gave him all the metal parts and stuff (and why the cannon, im not quite too sure :unsure:).

I have a thoery.

His father wasn't just building a robot or the next evolution of man. His first focus was getting robo-cop-esque fighters out there. hence, the cannon. When the accident happened, he didn't have the option to build more natural looking or less powerful parts.

I also have another thoery, and it's a simple one. After the cyborg-ing, cyborg was at first just different looking and stronger. He did research, and upgraded his parts to include weapons.

Both are possible. Oh so very possible. I'll let you pick which one you like better, or you can come up with your own.

Am I the only one who noticed rape references in the terra betrayal arc? Or do I always just assume the more adult possiblity(like seeing suicide references in digimon season three.)?

Location: Within the hellish flames known as southern california

Postby Hasegawa Rayven » Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:22 am

Yeah, but if you take the hidden meanings in that episode to be rape references, then you have to take the Yaoi references in the "Apprentice" episodes where Robin was in the same situation as Terra.

As for Starfire, yes, they did tone down the character model. As I said before, In the Original, Tamaranians were more comfortable NUDE. They had to FORCE Starfire to wear what little she did while she was on Earth.

Postby yalborap2 » Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:31 am

I didn't really see much yaoi references. But remember, I see yaoi as two males giving consent and doing it, not rape. Rather odd....

Either way, there's a general feeling of slade controlling the apprentice during those episodes.

Postby Silver_Sal » Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:43 am

I LOVE Beast Boy! >,< he is so cute and funny ^_^

Starfire, funny too where are all the Teen Titan's from, not all of them are from earth, or are they?! @.@;;

Postby Mandy » Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:11 am

MAKE THE SIG SMALLER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby yalborap2 » Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:49 am

I was about to say the same thing.

Postby Mandy » Tue Dec 14, 2004 11:32 am

I just don't think though that BB and Raven should be together. It just deosn't seem right in the cartoon. BB is too much of a clown and Raven is so serious and logical.

Added after 1 minutes:

Don't give me any of that "Opposites attract" crap. It doesn't always work.

Postby SemiJuggalo » Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:00 pm

Mandy wrote:Don't give me any of that "Opposites attract" crap. It doesn't always work.

Amen, sister! That's the truth!

THE FOLLOWING WAS COPIED FROM A POST I MADE AT TITANSGO.NET

Sure, BB and Rae would be cute together... on the SURFACE. In reality--keep in mind that the keyword is REALITY--BB would drive Rae crazy.

She can barely tolerate his JOKES as it is! Do you really think that a half-demon introvert like Raven would be able to stand BB's antics on a full-time relationship? Rae would crack faster than she did in 'Nevermore!' Remember when she was got frustrated that Dr. Light was working over the entire team?

It's possible for her to be in a relationship, but HIGHLY unlikely. If BB and Raven were dating each other, then it wouldn't be the dream-pairing that all the BB/Rae-supporting Terra-haters imagined.

Here's an example: BB either gets tired of "creepy-stick-in-the-mud" Raven, causing them to break up. Or Raven gets tired of "royal-pain-in-the-ass" BB and ends up breaking him in half (unwittingly).

[blatantcyborgsupport] Things wouldn't be much better between Cyborg and Raven, either. But at least I can see Cy actually respecting her privacy. She tolerates him more than BB, especially when he's not goofing off with BB. Raven in a relationship would be a very risky situation, but at least Cy isn't as annoying as BB. [/blatantcyborgsupport]

Yet again, I'll admit that deep down I find the idea of BB/Rae very cute. Then the practical side of me reminds me that there are MANY problems that would hinder this relationship! That hug at the end of 'Spellbound' was very touching (and totally unexpected) but Rae was feeling very vulnerable from being used--by a guy in a book at that!

Postby Mandy » Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:05 pm

I thought, when I first saw the show, that Rea and Rob would get together. They would seem good together to me.

Here's my list of pairs that I think are good:
Terra+BB
Raven+Robin

I don't think Cy and Star would be good. I think Terra is great, her mind was just warped by Slade(sp?).

Postby Shebum Devi » Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:11 pm

As much as I think raven should be with robin, you know starfires gonna get him. u,u
He's not having a seizure, he's just roffling. • Behind every great woman, there is an ass. • Fuck Salt! - Tourette's guy

Location: Where am I? Home... without the internets. Need to call comcast, but too lazy.

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)