Ages

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby Mandy » Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:18 am

They are all in the first grade and Bleedman made them in the same grade cause it's easier than dealing with the grade differences.

Re: Ages

Postby Setuh » Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:41 am

Remember that "Ed, Edd and Eddy" episode when they "Reverse engineered" everything? They went so far it it that they were able to turn the whole cartoon upiside down. I believe what we have here is one of the offsprings of their doings. They ARE in the doujin and they're just probably watchin and thinking how to change it back :P

But seriously, teh most probable explanation is that like it was already said; PPGD can be seen as a fan fic. But the motive of proffesor saying "1st grade isn't so bad" gives us a rip. Besides there are other things. When Dexter tells Blossom and Buttercup about Jack, he says Jack "is an expert in the study of hiergohlyphics". I dun know how about you, but I didn't have such stuff in elementary school. So another assumption must be made. This isn't just Elementary school, but a combined Elementary and Middle school<at least middle>.
Where the path of logic ends, the fantasies come true...
Favourite quote: WAIT! MY BRAIN IS WORKING! - says Ed and throws Jimmys oven against the wall.

Postby Mandy » Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:53 am

I thought a person would study hieroglyphics in college. I didn't study them in middle school or high school.

Postby Verec » Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:59 am

Well one possibility is that Jack helped Dexter out with his projects. Maybe Dexter was doing a project on ancient Egypt and Jack corrected him kinda offhand on the translations.
"I saw it, there, in the sewers...for just a second. All hunched over, skin pale white beneath those rags...so many rags. The vermin crawled about his feet like idolaters at worship, and I swear that the wind drew breath in a frightened gasp at his passing. He wore cold like a cloak and I swear that behind that smiling golden mask he was laughing at me as his curved blade rose and fell, cutting through my men. It left wounds filled with crystals of salt...the screams...the screams...and the pants....Gods! The Pants!!!"
-Captain Urtin, who salted and ate his former soldiers.
"Jar-Jar you're a genius!"

Postby Chaz » Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:27 pm

When Dexter tells Blossom and Buttercup about Jack, he says Jack "is an expert in the study of hiergohlyphics". I dun know how about you, but I didn't have such stuff in elementary school.

Well one possibility is that Jack helped Dexter out with his projects. Maybe Dexter was doing a project on ancient Egypt and Jack corrected him kinda offhand on the translations.

Yer... or you know, they are superheros... Maybe it's an elementary school for gifted children.. (oh man... it's X-men Evolution again)
"Well Grease me down and call me Slick! It is You!"
"I've been expecting you. Been dreaming of you like a Lovesick Lesbian." - Ukitsu (Battle Vixen/Ikki Tousen Manga)

Legally Insane, and Proud of it!

Postby Seth Turtle » Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:53 pm

Bored guy wrote:But anyway, I knda noticed something. One the only person who said 1st grade is the Professor. And since they were born at the ade of 5 maybe they age faster than the average girls and the Prof didn't want to alert them.

There is a part in the first chapter where the classroom for the girls is revealed to be "1-A". This is intended to mean that this is the A-section of the first grade class. So the Professor isn't the only one who says it.

And as for everyone being mature 1st graders, be afraid. There's another topic floating around where people are obsessing over panty shots. Obviously age doesn't mean as much to some people as it does to others.

And as many people have already said, the characters are much more mature than the average 1st grader, but so are most storybook 1st graders. That's the magic of storytelling.

Also, on Jack and his hieroglyphics. That doesn't worry me as much as him teaching Kendo to super-mature five-year-olds. I'm especially fearful of Mandy being one of his students.

Postby banovG » Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:02 pm

It's not really possible tho... I mean, if Dee-dee dies, then this must take place after the regular dexters lab. But if it takes AFTER the time of dexter's lab, HOW did he get younger??????

I think the point of the entire comic is that it takes place after all of the cartoons do. Kind of like a "so, after the show ended, where did all the characters end up?". I mean ppgs and dexter aren't the only ones who are older....samurai jack is, because he obviously found his way back in time (although not as far back as he wanted) and (in the characters page) we have megas XLR now, which was given away by coup when he couldn't keep it anymore or whatever. Think about it.

So, somehow, I just can't see dexter being made younger for the sake of the comic, whether in be thru a reality twist or whatever.

Added after 11 minutes:

or anyone else.

sry bout the non sequitor i didnt see the second page >.< lol

o yes, and someone said:
Remember that "Ed, Edd and Eddy" episode when they "Reverse engineered" everything? They went so far it it that they were able to turn the whole cartoon upiside down. I believe what we have here is one of the offsprings of their doings. They ARE in the doujin and they're just probably watchin and thinking how to change it back :P

When were ed edd and eddy in the doujin? I never saw them. I would certainly love to see them. Heh, and I would love even more to see the teen titans. I would love to see how snafu would draw them.

Ergh, gotta stay on topic.
I'm
too sexy for my shirt
too sexy for my shirt
so sexy it huuuurts...

http://someplace.keenspace.com
check it out

Postby Nikki » Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:03 pm

EEE were in the PPGD when Buttercup was playing soccer that one time. Also, it was the same strip as the dancing hamster (Bubbles and Mandy) and Blossom and Dexter reading a comic.
I am the GM of:
Kokutinu High School RP
Teen Titans RP (Alternate Universe)

Location: Dreamland? No. Fairyland? I wish. The dirt clod of doom, Oklahoma? Sadly, yes.

Postby Chimou » Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:01 pm

This is making my head hurt...

Postby 3darkhunter » Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:02 pm

This is making my head hurt...

its either your sick or your spending to much time on the computer in the dark (which in my opinion makes me really diizzy) or the info. your trying to put together from the posts is just a complex math problem ^_^
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Bl48UzWcKrI

Its weird how some songs can be inspiring when its kinda suppose to be depressing x-x

Postby Conan-san » Tue Dec 14, 2004 4:26 pm

I still belave that PPG-D Jack and Samuri Jack are one of the same. Just that there wasn't anything in his time to sattisfy his return or he was told to stay and protect the future from the possible return of Aku.

Besides that, THat's clearly Samuri Jack's custom sword that he uses in Ch 2 16/17 anyway so I would bet that it is him and Aku ether joins the Dark Star Council or make it his business to rule again.
From the dephs of Toonzone he comes to extract...HIS OPINION!

Postby Imp » Tue Dec 14, 2004 6:38 pm

You have to remember, this is the past, instead of rule again this could be when he trys to take over to begin with.
I'm back... If anyone actually remembers who I am... 0_0'

Currently overworking Bob in the Racoon City RP.

Postby Al Calnos » Tue Dec 14, 2004 8:18 pm

Imp wrote:You have to remember, this is the past, instead of rule again this could be when he trys to take over to begin with.

You forget, he started taking over after he sent Jack into the future (with noone to stop him)... so either Jack finally defeats Aku and a whole time/space contiumam thingie occurs and Aku is errased from history or something and Jack is sent to the 21st century and...bah this is getting confusing >.@

Postby Seth Turtle » Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:33 pm

Are you guys insane? Does it really matter?

I'm all for arguing continuity, but not when it's meaningless to the story. I think it's safe to say by the way the characters are aged and by their modified histories that they are based on the Cartoon Network personas but not directly correlated to them.

The only person who knows what these characters' histories are is Bleedman. And I'm looking forward to hearing more on Jack and Aku's story.

Postby Chimou » Fri Dec 17, 2004 3:20 pm

Jack is Samurai Jack. How can anyone deny it? And I think Aku is going to be in the comic because he's in one of the character sheets. He's a little girl in it though.

Postby Yoshi » Fri Dec 17, 2004 7:22 pm

Or perhaps this could all be in a parrellell dimension in Bleedmans head ala "Super Halloween Spectactular Of Spooky Doom" Or there was a rip in the space time continium which forced two seemingly different dimension together?
"Worst case scenario I'll get arrested for public nudity.
Best case scenerio I'll get arrested for public nudity with a boner. It's win win.
" ~ Dave
"Also Yoshi is the most important person in all of Australia." ~ Zepherin

Postby chessiejo » Fri Dec 17, 2004 7:54 pm

Chimou wrote:Jack is Samurai Jack. How can anyone deny it? And I think Aku is going to be in the comic because he's in one of the character sheets. He's a little girl in it though.

i concur.
aku has to be a little girl so that the ppg can be free to trash him.

Postby Drum Major » Sat Dec 18, 2004 4:16 pm

I think some people are just looking too far into it. I mean yah sure they are a little more mature than normal kids in first grade but remember we're not dealing with normal kids.
♫ Generate Some Excitement ♫
Box drill slide left
♫ 1+a 2isa 3e+a 4 ♫

Postby Mr. Mcgarrett » Sat Dec 18, 2004 7:10 pm

I'd make a drawing of them "grown-up", but that's probably not a good idea, unless of course I get myself back to the drawing board.....
:(

Postby Q.U. » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:37 am

OOPS

There seems to be a linking problem on the forum right now. You're supposed to have been linked to THIS THREAD.
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.

Previous

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)