Ages

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Ages

Postby banovG » Sun Dec 12, 2004 7:58 pm

Okay, does anyone think this is weird?

A) In the PPG cartoon they are in preschool, right? Or was it kindergarden? Whatever...

B) In Dexter's Laboratory Dexter is in 3rd or 4rth grade. I'm pretty sure 3rd.

Now here's the clincher, if this story takes places 1-2 years in the future of these cartoons (which has to be true because now the ppgs are in 1st grade), then that would mean dexter is in like 4rth/5th grade.

So, what is up with dexter, a 5th grader I'll say, doing with a crush on a 1st grader? Isn't that kind of psycho/weird????????? :fuckedup: :vomit: :shock:
I'm
too sexy for my shirt
too sexy for my shirt
so sexy it huuuurts...

http://someplace.keenspace.com
check it out

Re: Ages

Postby Imp » Sun Dec 12, 2004 8:03 pm

There's several possible answers for this.
To name a couple:
1) PPG, and Dexters Lab, take place in two differant time periods.
2) Bleedman altered it for the purpose of them being in the same grade.

number two is more likely, since DeeDee is dead.
I'm back... If anyone actually remembers who I am... 0_0'

Currently overworking Bob in the Racoon City RP.

Postby smileyblacksun » Sun Dec 12, 2004 8:19 pm

I think it's the magic of plot that's doing it.
And God looked down upon the mortals and said: "...wtf are you noobs doing on my lawn?"

That's the problem with worshipping the god of schemes. You never quite know whether or not you're being divinely blessed, screwed over royally, or both at the same time.

Postby Imp » Sun Dec 12, 2004 8:20 pm

That's pretty much what number 2 is, but whatever.

Postby Yoshi » Sun Dec 12, 2004 8:23 pm

It's the little magic pixies! Nah, cartoons/comics always bend the space time continium(sp?).
"Worst case scenario I'll get arrested for public nudity.
Best case scenerio I'll get arrested for public nudity with a boner. It's win win.
" ~ Dave
"Also Yoshi is the most important person in all of Australia." ~ Zepherin

Postby Chimou » Sun Dec 12, 2004 8:32 pm

I would say that they're at least in the fifth grade. They look near the sixth grade, but if they were then the girls would start "maturing". Since they haven't and they look pretty close to the preteen age, I would say fifth for sure.

Postby Imp » Sun Dec 12, 2004 8:34 pm

They're in the first grade, it says that on the first comic, I believe. Anyway since this topic is called "Ages" why not use it for speculation on the ages of other characters in the comic as well.

Postby Chimou » Sun Dec 12, 2004 8:39 pm

The first grade? Seriously? Those are the most mature (in looks and personality) first-graders I have ever seen!

Edit: Perhaps my sense of perspective is screwed up because there aren't really any older kids in the comic. Perhaps if he had someone like Robin show up, and he was like two feet taller then Blossom, it would clarify this...

Postby Jack Salem » Sun Dec 12, 2004 8:44 pm

Chimou wrote:The first grade? Seriously? Those are the most mature (in looks and personality) first-graders I have ever seen!

Bleedman should've just went ahead and said "Okay, the PPG are in middle school". Look on the first page. Isn't that the biggest damn elementary school you've ever seen. Not to mention it has a frekkin dojo. WTF?!?

Postby Verec » Sun Dec 12, 2004 8:45 pm

Remember the girls are incredably mature for their ages. Despit the fact that they are technically only two or so, they still manage to pull of bursts of adult level insights. Plus most of these other kids have simmilarly mature outlooks.
"I saw it, there, in the sewers...for just a second. All hunched over, skin pale white beneath those rags...so many rags. The vermin crawled about his feet like idolaters at worship, and I swear that the wind drew breath in a frightened gasp at his passing. He wore cold like a cloak and I swear that behind that smiling golden mask he was laughing at me as his curved blade rose and fell, cutting through my men. It left wounds filled with crystals of salt...the screams...the screams...and the pants....Gods! The Pants!!!"
-Captain Urtin, who salted and ate his former soldiers.
"Jar-Jar you're a genius!"

Postby Al Calnos » Sun Dec 12, 2004 8:49 pm

Chimou wrote:The first grade? Seriously? Those are the most mature (in looks and personality) first-graders I have ever seen!

Edit: Perhaps my sense of perspective is screwed up because there aren't really any older kids in the comic. Perhaps if he had someone like Robin show up, and he was like two feet taller then Blossom, it would clarify this...

They do the same thing in the show. I remember when i was in 6th grade, all the kidengardners walk around all polite and had their finger over their mouths like they were telling everybody to be quite...

*edit* Correction, the kids are 4ft, Jenny is 5 1/2ft. and Jack is 6ft
Last edited by Al Calnos on Sun Dec 12, 2004 8:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Chimou » Sun Dec 12, 2004 8:49 pm

Two? Try six or seven. Kids that are two can only say words like "no" and that's it.

Postby Verec » Sun Dec 12, 2004 8:59 pm

Hey don't be dissing on big elementry schools, when I was in the first-third grades, I was in a building that was three story. The dojo looks like jack built it himself, and as far as the height goes, Jenny should be 6' 6" as a direct quote from the show is "A six and a half foot metalic girl, and no one will notice?"
"I saw it, there, in the sewers...for just a second. All hunched over, skin pale white beneath those rags...so many rags. The vermin crawled about his feet like idolaters at worship, and I swear that the wind drew breath in a frightened gasp at his passing. He wore cold like a cloak and I swear that behind that smiling golden mask he was laughing at me as his curved blade rose and fell, cutting through my men. It left wounds filled with crystals of salt...the screams...the screams...and the pants....Gods! The Pants!!!"
-Captain Urtin, who salted and ate his former soldiers.
"Jar-Jar you're a genius!"

Postby Shebum Devi » Sun Dec 12, 2004 9:00 pm

*shakes head* technicalities... pftt...
He's not having a seizure, he's just roffling. • Behind every great woman, there is an ass. • Fuck Salt! - Tourette's guy

Location: Where am I? Home... without the internets. Need to call comcast, but too lazy.

Postby Chimou » Sun Dec 12, 2004 9:02 pm

My first elementary school was three stories as well. It had four floors.

Edit: Actually, it was the districts elementary and middle school combined.
Last edited by Chimou on Sun Dec 12, 2004 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Al Calnos » Sun Dec 12, 2004 9:03 pm

verec wrote:Hey don't be dissing on big elementry schools, when I was in the first-third grades, I was in a building that was three story. The dojo looks like jack built it himself, and as far as the height goes, Jenny should be 6' 6" as a direct quote from the show is "A six and a half foot metalic girl, and no one will notice?"

I was going by what the cast page said, im not big into Nick Toons =P

Postby Yoshi » Sun Dec 12, 2004 9:06 pm

Typical Americans always wanting to have the bigger everything ;P (I'm sorry, don't barbeque me)
Best case scenerio I'll get arrested for public nudity with a boner. It's win win.
" ~ Dave

Postby Hasegawa Rayven » Sun Dec 12, 2004 9:09 pm

well, Six year olds are like In first grade. Which if you're talking abot the Original PPG from the Cartoon, is wrong, since their still in kindergarten in the show. But like its been said, these shows and stories twist the reality of Space/Time Continuumcy.

<_<....

I mean, the reality of the Space Time Continuum
Syaoran and Sakura "Meant to be"

Postby Chimou » Sun Dec 12, 2004 9:09 pm

Yoshimoto wrote:Typical Americans always wanting to have the bigger everything ;P (I'm sorry, don't barbeque me)

It's so true though. XD

Postby Bored guy » Sun Dec 12, 2004 9:16 pm

Yoshimoto wrote:Typical Americans always wanting to have the bigger everything ;P (I'm sorry, don't barbeque me)

Don't worry, Yoshimoto we won't BBQ you.

But anyway, I knda noticed something. One the only person who said 1st grade is the Professor. And since they were born at the ade of 5 maybe they age faster than the average girls and the Prof didn't want to alert them.
Twinkies are resistant to fire, collisions, and mental insanity.
Fear the Twinkie.......It will DESTROY YOU!!!

>_> <_<

What?

Postby Yoshi » Sun Dec 12, 2004 9:20 pm

Nice theory but I stand that there must be a rip in the space/time continium.
" ~ Dave

Postby Miztaken » Sun Dec 12, 2004 11:36 pm

Bleedman wants them to be first graders, so be it. And you should read the whole comic to understand things more. Buuuuut -- I do agree that they should at least be in the 3rd grade or something.

Oh well.
During the day, in the middle of the night,
two dead boys got up to fight.
Back to back they faced each other,
drew their swords and shot each other.
A deaf policeman heard the noise,
came and shot the two dead boys.
And if you dont believe that this lie is true,
ask the blind man, he saw it too.

Postby DragonShadow » Sun Dec 12, 2004 11:46 pm

This comic is extremely AU, and the PPG's/Dexter aren't the only timeline anomalies. Samurai Jack, as I'm sure you all know, lived thousands of years before the present day. And XJ-9's timeline places her over 100 years in the future. Why is everyone arguing about a couple years' difference for the PPG's and Dexter when other characters are centuries off track?
DragonShadow's Fanfiction Worlds
Current Selection: Echoes of the Past (My Life as a Teenage Robot/The Powerpuff Girls)

Postby Nikki » Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:40 am

>> << It's magic. Besiiiides, with comics and stuff, you can make people however you want. Hell, even make Bubbles the tough guy and Buttercup all sweet and innocent.
I am the GM of:
Kokutinu High School RP
Teen Titans RP (Alternate Universe)

Location: Dreamland? No. Fairyland? I wish. The dirt clod of doom, Oklahoma? Sadly, yes.

Postby Chaz » Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:09 am

Well, let's just look at PPGD as a fan fic.
It's like Dragonball/Z/GT has loads of fan fics. One example is that there is such things as Super Sayian 5 (which didn't exist in any of the series).

Maybe Bleedman just wanted to make a fan fic about Nicktoon, CN and other cartoon characters. If he had to take account of all this timeline mumbo jumbo, then the story would be way too comfusing/detailed. That just kills the comic at times.

I just think of it as a whole new story that I can enjoy.
"Well Grease me down and call me Slick! It is You!"
"I've been expecting you. Been dreaming of you like a Lovesick Lesbian." - Ukitsu (Battle Vixen/Ikki Tousen Manga)

Legally Insane, and Proud of it!

Next

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)