Full Metal

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Full Metal Alchemist

Totally friggin' awesome ^_^
94%
Totally Not friggin' awesome :bird:
6%

Total votes : 31

Full Metal

Postby Mandy » Mon Nov 22, 2004 9:29 am

Anyone see the episode on Sunday? I know it was on Saturday night but because it was on at midnight I say it was on on Sunday.

Anyways, I think it was pretty cool how they did the flashback and showed hold the guys are. On another forum I knew a lot of people discussing the ages.

Re: Full Metal

Postby Janana » Mon Nov 22, 2004 9:51 am

FMA is very interesting. I never though Alchemy was a science. I kept thinking it was magic.

Postby NomAnor » Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:08 am

Sucks that it's over...it's sooo cute that Adult Swim decided to censor it for all the kiddies that watch it. ^_^
[center]Journal[/center]

Cole wrote: Remember kids, Rippy the Razor says that it's down the street, not across the block~

Postby Mandy » Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:10 am

What do you mean over?! I would like to watch it uncensored though.

Postby Cali Defender » Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:53 pm

FMA is awesome...But wadda you mean over???

Postby ChRoNiC717 » Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:30 pm

I'm pretty sure that FMA is still on Adult Swim... Are you talking about the production in Japan? I guess it's been relatively soon since it finished airing there. Just stopped this October right?

Postby Breaking Point » Mon Nov 22, 2004 9:03 pm

NomAnor wrote:Sucks that it's over...it's sooo cute that Adult Swim decided to censor it for all the kiddies that watch it. ^_^

Actually, except for scenes that might contain a little too much blood, the series will be completely unedited.

Postby Decoy » Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:01 am

I don't see why Adult Swim would edit FMA, but then again I haven't seen the show. Adult Swim proudly announces that its shows are for mature audiences only multiple times every night, so I can't see why they would worry about kids watching the show, especially if they air it past midnight like most of the programs.
A skilled decoy can lead your enemies off your trail. A master decoy can survive to do it again.

Postby Naur » Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:06 am

Started watching this before CN thought of even picking it up. Almost done with the series and it is the greatest ever! In fact as soon as kern of drowtales web manga is done with his present chapter I plan on sending him a short crossover spoof as filler....I'll show the cover page when I finish it on here :P

Postby Mandy » Tue Nov 23, 2004 8:31 am

Where can I get a Manga of this?

Postby Larry Knights » Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:18 pm

DITTO ^_^
Why will you not die darnit

Postby Naur » Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:21 pm

As far as I know (at least in the midwest) they haven't released either the manga or the anime in stores yet. I watch fansubs.

Postby Mandy » Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:27 pm

On the Eastern coast. I really want a manga. :(

Postby angeloforange » Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:33 pm

um whats Full Metal Alchemist? I havent seen it can someone explain it to me?
Bethany
Torren
Ebony
Alikaster
Aurora
Noaka

Postby Cali Defender » Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:38 pm

full metal alchemist is an anime based on real life stories of alchemy as well as legends passed down from ancient world. many of the things youll see or hear are not made up(excluding chars) and is on at midnight on cartoon netwerk on saturdays. there only on like the 4th episode so nows a good time to start watching.

Postby angeloforange » Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:42 pm

Caligula wrote:full metal alchemist is an anime based on real life stories of alchemy as well as legends passed down from ancient world. many of the things youll see or hear are not made up(excluding chars) and is on at midnight on cartoon netwerk on saturdays. there only on like the 4th episode so nows a good time to start watching.

midnight on saturday! Awwwwwwwwwww I am out by then. I havent stayed up past eleven on any night since i started college. I've been so tired, and busy. (Note to self stay up on Saturday. Drink more soda!)
Bethany
Torren
Ebony
Alikaster
Aurora
Noaka

Postby ikiteruyokazu » Tue Nov 23, 2004 5:58 pm

If you want to read the beginning go to http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/index.php and press on manga w00t

Postby angeloforange » Tue Nov 23, 2004 7:16 pm

THANK YOU! :D
Bethany
Torren
Ebony
Alikaster
Aurora
Noaka

Postby Cascade » Tue Nov 23, 2004 9:00 pm

Alchemy is basically magic but the precursor to science was alchemy. Issac Newton was considered "The Last Great Magician": He was an alchemist, because as all alchemists, his ultimate goal was to discover the perfect element, the Philosopher's Stone, which would allow him to transmute lead into gold. Alchemy is really the conversion of base elements into other elements, but since base elements can't just be changed in that sort of way, it's magic because it's not really possible like that. The difference between normal magic and alchemy is that alchemy works on the rules of normal reality, ie. gravity, elements, it can't create phenomena that does not exist in the real world. Whereas magic can just make something without any scientific basis, ie. create energy. Alchemists like Roy Mustang take the oxygen in the air and use transmutation to make it fuel superheated gas, and thus he has a big ball of fire coming your way. Elric takes the metal in the train and transmutes it into a cannon completely comprised of the iron and graphite, etc. in the steel of the train. He doesn't just divinate it out of nothingness, he needs the real elements that make sense in science, but his transmutation of the elements without tools or equipment is what makes alchemy more like magic than science. It did actually exist as a precursor to science, but not in the way that it does in FMA. They'd use pipes and flasks and base elements, trying to change them into something else, which of course didn't really work for the most part.
FUKKATSU

Postby Cali Defender » Tue Nov 23, 2004 9:20 pm

Alchemy is DEFINETELY NOT magic. it is a science.

Postby Cascade » Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:02 am

Alchemy existed before the Scientific Method was developed, ie. the 1700s. Therefore it is the precursor to science, not a form of science, because there are still things to alchemy that cannot be achieved due to natural laws that exist in the real world. There is no "perfect" element like the Philosopher's Stone, and you can't transmute lead into gold. The best word to describe alchemy is psudoscience, in that it is persued in a scientific way, but based on false theories.
FUKKATSU

Postby chinesetea » Wed Nov 24, 2004 9:14 am

I read a book once comparing painting to alchemy. it was really cool.

Postby Cali Defender » Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:54 pm

Cascade to smart......but that is true its the forerunner to modern chemistry. And Alchemy is really not that much different than mettalurgy.

Postby Cascade » Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:57 pm

I was reading the FMA online comics. It's pretty cool, but I got farther into the story and....
SPOILER
   NOOOOO!! Not Huges! Why did he have to die? He was the best, how he boasted about his family on the military phones, had his badass throwing knives, and just generally was a cool and interesting character. Posing as his wife was such a dirty trick Envy. The Flame Alchemist will get revenge for his friend for sure!   
FUKKATSU

Postby Karuma » Thu Nov 25, 2004 12:46 am

Cascade wrote:and you can't transmute lead into gold.

Yes you can. It just takes so much effort and time and money to do so that it becomes pointless by the time you've converted ONE ATOM.

I'll explain, by removing three protons from lead, you will obtain gold.

Next

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)