Making New Comic, Need your Help. *Updated*

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Making New Comic, Need your Help.

Postby Aresz-kun » Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:51 pm

Prof_Iridium wrote:Arez> Your Mandy comics are awesome!! hehe. :D

Aaawww Really? You are too nice! ^_^
"I hate this job"

Postby BobSagat » Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:36 pm

@ Aresz-kun

Don't be so surprised! Your comics are awesome!

@ Hambone

Don't worry about how your comic will look like at first... I mean check out this guy: http://tsunamichannel.com/index.php?dat ... mic=ExCoKo

Now look at him a couple of years later:
http://tsunamichannel.com/index.php?dat ... mic=ExCoKo

Asides from that I only have two character suggestion...

A bob-omb and Yoshi!!
ImageImageImageImageImage
2pro

Postby Hambone » Wed Dec 08, 2004 4:29 pm

Hambone wrote:Ok I need your help on this one. I need pictures of the following Characters. And please let them be big not small. I need this pictures for reference:

Peach
Waluigi
Gannondorf
Mewtwo ( the only pokemon)
Yoshi
Link
Zelda
Marth
Roy
Geno
Captain Falcon
Ness
Fox
Falco
Samus
Donkey Kong
Shiek
Slippy
Giga Bowser ( All of you people who beat Smash Bros know who he is.)
Krystal ( Off Star Fox)
K. Rool
Diddy
Meta Knight
*Thats not all the characters.*

Dont forget about this.

Postby Jay » Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:41 pm

Dude... 1. Yoshi owns 2. Try some old school characters 3. Banjo-Kazooie might be one, but Banjo-Tooie is game of it's own and OWNS!!! 4. I think a really good addition would be err... well I think Megaman (original) and crew should be here (there were originally talk of how they discussed with Capcom about including him in SSBM), some favorite villains like Ganondorf, Bowser, etc, Billy Hatcher (One of the most underrated games ever), Sonic and Crew maybe?, damsels in distress like Peach, Zelda. etc, err... it'd be fun to see the pikmin running around in the background.
For pictures I really think you can manage... 1. nintendo.com which will show many of the characters and 2. Image Search.
Internet Celebrity ToastCrust
Twitter | Transistor Glamor | FFXIV: Lenini Leni (Hyperion)
RP Mod of the 3rd Astral Era

Postby Hambone » Sat Dec 11, 2004 10:39 am

Thanks, I forgot all about Banjo.

Postby Jack Salem » Sat Dec 11, 2004 12:02 pm

Don't forget this guy. His character is so captivating and deep.

Postby Hambone » Sat Dec 11, 2004 4:37 pm

Dakota Sanz wrote:Image
Don't forget this guy. His character is so captivating and deep.

lol, I dont think so.

Postby Acktoo » Sat Dec 11, 2004 5:34 pm

Pikmin would be funny.
Too good for you.

Postby Hambone » Sat Dec 11, 2004 9:17 pm

..... You know what I might cancel this Comic. :( Im not getting any better with my drawings or photoshop and If i post it, it will look like crap and nobody is going to view it for too long.

Postby Yoshi » Sat Dec 11, 2004 9:20 pm

CONKER! He is hilarious. bugger that rare was bought by microsoft. Anywho. Just, like everyone said, throw the whole Smash Brother Meelee cast in.
"Worst case scenario I'll get arrested for public nudity.
Best case scenerio I'll get arrested for public nudity with a boner. It's win win.
" ~ Dave
"Also Yoshi is the most important person in all of Australia." ~ Zepherin

Postby Verec » Sat Dec 11, 2004 10:18 pm

Now don't stop now, you will get better, and youknow how you are going to do this? By PRACTICING! Even if it is crap, so what? look at the art for order of the stick, look at the art in the hand drawn Bob and Georges. These are both good comics, irregardless of the quality of the hand drawn art. Even if you are not good now, you have to stick at it, and constantly chalange yourself if you want to improve. Julia Child didnot have the cooking gene but with lots of hard work she became the most famous french chef in the United States. I encourage you to keep drawing, and keep writing.
"I saw it, there, in the sewers...for just a second. All hunched over, skin pale white beneath those rags...so many rags. The vermin crawled about his feet like idolaters at worship, and I swear that the wind drew breath in a frightened gasp at his passing. He wore cold like a cloak and I swear that behind that smiling golden mask he was laughing at me as his curved blade rose and fell, cutting through my men. It left wounds filled with crystals of salt...the screams...the screams...and the pants....Gods! The Pants!!!"
-Captain Urtin, who salted and ate his former soldiers.
"Jar-Jar you're a genius!"

Postby Jack Salem » Sat Dec 11, 2004 10:25 pm

Hambone wrote:..... You know what I might cancel this Comic. :( Im not getting any better with my drawings or photoshop and If i post it, it will look like crap and nobody is going to view it for too long.

In the wise words of Bleedman himself:

Have fun. What other reason is there? Why do you love to draw ? If you draw just so you could make profits, or get a little attention... well... really can't comment on that. I draw because it's a lot of fun for me. I look at it simply as a hobby and never look at it as a career opportunity. Although, I used to dream one day I would work for Marvel, DC, Disney, Warner Bros., Or Cartoon Network. But hey, it never hurts to dream. You never know where you'll end up. Have fun drawing and it will be a lot more fun sharing it with other people like you.

In the wise words of Jack Salem (me).

...It's not like one has anything to lose as long as you're doing your best unless you don't stay true to yourself and others.

Things may seem kinda daunting at first but the key is to not start to give up on the project when the 'spark' dies. You'll get better, trust me. We comic makers have to stick together. BTW (shameless (that's right. SHAMELESS!!!) self promotion and misuse of brackets). I'm making my own doujinshi centered around Grim & Evil/Invader Zim instead of the powerpuff girls. It has a lot of comedy and a lot of action/suspense (I'm not as good with the mushy romancy relationshippy stuff that Bleedman has apparently mastered. I'm just going to stick with my strengths).

There's no color in it, I know. I decided to keep the bear and I'm sketching through like 50 pages of roughs (I still don't have an official design of anything). I can see why Bleedman works on the comic. It's fun as hell if you're working on your freetime. Anyway, I've set high standards for this comic. Perhaps all you need to do is give yourself a solid goal and try your hardest to reach it and never give up. Take it from me, it pays.

Postby Hambone » Sat Dec 11, 2004 10:50 pm

Thanks verec and Dakota Sanz. I needed that. What was I thinking?!
^_^ I guess I got so frustrated that I gave up. Thanks for bringing me out of it. Now, I have some art to work on. ;) I guess the real problem I got frustrated with was Photoshop. Are there any good tutorials I can use? Help in Photoshop isnt really helpful. lol

Postby Verec » Sat Dec 11, 2004 10:59 pm

My best tutorial? Trial and error, with a heavy emphasis on error. Just messing around with all the tools might give you a better idea of what to use in a certain situation. Being very patient and saving multiple copies of your work at different times so you can go back and see what happened might help to. Other than that I really don't know.
"I saw it, there, in the sewers...for just a second. All hunched over, skin pale white beneath those rags...so many rags. The vermin crawled about his feet like idolaters at worship, and I swear that the wind drew breath in a frightened gasp at his passing. He wore cold like a cloak and I swear that behind that smiling golden mask he was laughing at me as his curved blade rose and fell, cutting through my men. It left wounds filled with crystals of salt...the screams...the screams...and the pants....Gods! The Pants!!!"

Postby Why_am_i_here? » Sun Dec 12, 2004 2:30 am

Halo master cheif
halo cortana
some other halo things.....wait a min oh thats stuntmutts comic
Fucktards! YOU BITCH FUCKIN ASSWIPES!!!!!!!

Dear Dave, i dont care abou t what the people think their just fucktards

Postby Hambone » Sun Dec 12, 2004 11:15 am

Why_am_i_here? wrote:Halo master cheif
halo cortana
some other halo things.....wait a min oh thats stuntmutts comic

Uhhh, Remember people. NINTENDO CHARACTERS!

Postby Hambone » Sat Dec 18, 2004 3:45 pm

Alright I started cast page 1. Next time I need to make it smaller. Tell me if you like.

http://www.deviantart.com/view/13276433/

Postby Verec » Sat Dec 18, 2004 3:56 pm

[criticism]Your Mario and Luigi look evil. Just because they are Italian dosen't mean they are in the mob. Peach looks ok, but she needs hair at the back of her neck. And we need to see Bowser's face at some point. Also some general books on art might help you, to find more about proportions and such.[/criticism]

Postby Hambone » Sat Dec 18, 2004 6:58 pm

verec wrote:[criticism]Your Mario and Luigi look evil. Just because they are Italian dosen't mean they are in the mob. Peach looks ok, but she needs hair at the back of her neck. And we need to see Bowser's face at some point. Also some general books on art might help you, to find more about proportions and such.[/criticism]

I didnt draw this by hand, I drew it by computer.

Postby Fixen » Sat Dec 18, 2004 7:00 pm

Pikachu shouldn't appear too much, but just have it appear like in some frame this page or that with a funny comment.

Postby Metal Chaos » Sat Dec 18, 2004 10:47 pm

These guys might be a bit too old for some people, but maybe some remeber this.

Smithy, Mack the Sword, Yardovich, Punchinello, the Axmen Rangers, and that weird bow and arrow guy.

All these guys are badguys from super mario RPG the original for the SNES
Technoligy is Power.

Power Corrupts.

Therefore absolute Technoligy Corrupts absolutely.

Postby Janana » Sun Dec 19, 2004 5:10 pm

Dakota Sanz wrote:I'm making my own doujinshi centered around Grim & Evil/Invader Zim instead of the powerpuff girls. It has a lot of comedy and a lot of action/suspense (I'm not as good with the mushy romancy relationshippy stuff that Bleedman has apparently mastered. I'm just going to stick with my strengths).

There's no color in it, I know. I decided to keep the bear and I'm sketching through like 50 pages of roughs (I still don't have an official design of anything). I can see why Bleedman works on the comic. It's fun as hell if you're working on your freetime. Anyway, I've set high standards for this comic. Perhaps all you need to do is give yourself a solid goal and try your hardest to reach it and never give up. Take it from me, it pays.

I'm interested in reading that. ^_^

For me I wanted to do a couple of fan comics myself. (I'm not telling what they would be about otherwise you'll laugh at me! :unsure: :( )

Re: Making New Comic, Need your Help. *Updated*

Postby Cyros » Sun Dec 19, 2004 7:15 pm

If you're going to make a comic with Nintendo characters, I'd recommend you put Ridley in it. He is one of the coolest characters ever created by them, and he just won't die easily either! I'd love to see him in a fancomic.
Hmm... could Jenny be a Hot Rod fan, perhaps?

"What happened? The last thing I remember was a very mean kitten, and then we were in this janitor's closet! And my throat hurts, a lot." ~Micheal J. Caboose

Postby Mortivore » Sun Dec 19, 2004 7:18 pm

Geno is a personal favorite of mine.

Geno
"G0 f0r th3 b33r B00! T3h B33R!" - Largo in his time of need.

Postby Zack » Sun Dec 19, 2004 7:22 pm

CONKER!
You know, from Conker's bad fur day, and Conker Live and Reloaded.

The first game was on the 64, and it's made by rare. As was Donkey Kong. So Conker is just as nintendo as DK is
Remember. Bruises fade, Bones heal, and Chicks dig scars.
-
R.E.G.I.S. - Robot Engineered for Galactic Infiltration and Sabatoge.
-
Regis: Do not panic, you will all die
-
Regis: Surrender, and I will kill you peacefully

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)