context.kanoodle?

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

context.kanoodle?

Postby Naur » Sat Nov 27, 2004 12:01 am

Ok I'm having trouble with a parasite and/or virus. What it is doing is slowing down my comp severely and causing popups with "context.kanoodle" or a variation of it in the url. Adaware, SpyBot, and AVG all detect nothing but I know it's there and I'm having trouble finding stuff on it. Any help?

Postby Karuma » Sat Nov 27, 2004 1:15 am

Reformat your harddrive. That or use mozilla firefox.

Postby Naur » Sat Nov 27, 2004 1:22 am

1.) don't have mozilla where do I get it?

2.) don't know how to reformat

Postby Decoy » Sat Nov 27, 2004 1:30 am

What kind of anti-virus software are you using?
A skilled decoy can lead your enemies off your trail. A master decoy can survive to do it again.

Postby Naur » Sat Nov 27, 2004 1:33 am

Let's see, I have used AVG, SpyBot, AdAware, Trend Micro, and Trojan Hunter

Postby Decoy » Sat Nov 27, 2004 1:49 am

Make sure your anti-adware/spyware programs are also fully-updated, because if the adware is new then older versions might not get it. Also, If you are using Windows XP, then you can open up a utility for removing programs in the Control Panel section. That might help you out, but make sure you don't delete any important progams.

If none of that works, then your in bigger trouble.
A skilled decoy can lead your enemies off your trail. A master decoy can survive to do it again.

Re: context.kanoodle?

Postby Uke » Sat Nov 27, 2004 1:15 pm

Goodness gracious... with all of your anti-virus/adware/spyware software installed, you'd think it'd catch it...

Err, might I ask which OS you're running, Naur? Because re-formatting does seem like the logical choice. Or, if you have GoBack installed, you could employ that.

Postby PnoKio2 » Sat Nov 27, 2004 2:28 pm

Just make sure you burn off any vital info , i have had to reformat my computer 3 times in the last nine months thanks to spyware and adware and once youve reformated your drive find all the antispyware tools you can get you hands on i use adaware and spybot they seem to work quite well not to mention the new windows xp security feature and i run all of these on a weekly basis one after the other so that if on misses it the the other will detect also try to find a decent virus protection program with a great firewall norton seems to me to be the best but a great free one would be zone alarm those all work pretty well hope that helps some
^_^
Things to keep sacred
1 Love
2 Respect
3 Dignity
4 Self control

Postby Verec » Sat Nov 27, 2004 3:57 pm

DO NOT REFORMAT EXCEPT AS AN ABSOULUTE LAST RESORT! That will blank your hardrive and force a complete reinstal of your system. As for where you can get firefox, http://www.mozilla.org is the best place to start looking. ;) Firefox does offer significant advantages over IE so make the switch today! You have absoulutely nothing to lose and everything to gain.
"I saw it, there, in the sewers...for just a second. All hunched over, skin pale white beneath those rags...so many rags. The vermin crawled about his feet like idolaters at worship, and I swear that the wind drew breath in a frightened gasp at his passing. He wore cold like a cloak and I swear that behind that smiling golden mask he was laughing at me as his curved blade rose and fell, cutting through my men. It left wounds filled with crystals of salt...the screams...the screams...and the pants....Gods! The Pants!!!"
-Captain Urtin, who salted and ate his former soldiers.
"Jar-Jar you're a genius!"

Postby Jay » Sun Nov 28, 2004 12:07 am

Verec.. it sounds like you're advertising firefox and as to Naur's problem I have no idea... never tried firefow but that seems like a good choice ~shrugs~
you could try spyware doctor and spysweeper... I have those, spybot, adaware... seems to work fine... it actually might be a custom made spyware so that might be problemsome... but all in all I concur with verec of reformatting as a last resort.
Internet Celebrity ToastCrust
Twitter | Transistor Glamor | FFXIV: Lenini Leni (Hyperion)
RP Mod of the 3rd Astral Era

Postby eccramer » Sun Nov 28, 2004 5:19 pm

Here's your problem, you might be running these spyware programs, but for them to actually catch the problems and clean your system you need to boot up in Safe-Mode. After it boots you can run your anti-spyware programs and it should work.

Also, I must stress the importance of BACKING UP your data first. Burn the important stuff to CD before you try this. It's not safe-mode to be afraid of, it's the virus.

Hope this helps ^_^

If you need to, e-mail me at eccramer(REMOVE THIS FIRST)@gmail.com
Firefox, take back the web.

Postby Naur » Wed Dec 01, 2004 12:53 am

Ok I now highly recommend the software Spy Sweeper, guy at CompUSA said it's the best he's seen, tried it, my comp is back to it's old quick self again! ^_^

Added after 1 minutes:

oh and btw eccramer, I always run that in safe mode and I back up stuff up the yinyang, this is just a case of some crap getting in under my nose

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)