Full Metal

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Full Metal Alchemist

Totally friggin' awesome ^_^
94%
Totally Not friggin' awesome :bird:
6%

Total votes : 31

Postby chi » Thu Nov 25, 2004 12:56 am

Alchemy is a scientific approach to magic if you will. I don't care to dwell into it any further so that's all I have to say in that regard.

But the show is too amusing. I haven't seen it in English yet, only Japanese. But I would understand why they would edit some of it. The bit with the serial murderer in the meat locker freaked me right out.

Thank you.
.:no apparent reason:.

Re: Full Metal

Postby ikiteruyokazu » Thu Nov 25, 2004 12:41 pm

so I guess everyone likes the link I put up? ^_^

Postby Cali Defender » Thu Nov 25, 2004 10:24 pm

the transmutation of anything to gold is not seen as great for material purposes by alchemists rather its a signification from god that you have achieved an ultimate goal.

Postby chi » Fri Nov 26, 2004 4:23 pm

Ikiteruyokazu, your avatar is teh cute

Oh, Alphonse *laughs*

good times *wanders away*

Postby Decoy » Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:46 pm

I saw an episode of FMA last night, and it was pretty cool. It the forth episode of the series, I think ("Mother" was the name of the episode). It's dubbed on Cartoon Network, but the dubbing was actually pretty good.
A skilled decoy can lead your enemies off your trail. A master decoy can survive to do it again.

Postby Karuma » Sat Nov 27, 2004 12:26 am

3rd Ep.

Postby Cascade » Sat Nov 27, 2004 1:20 am

Ah man, there are too many interesting and good characters to play favorites, but if I have to say which ones I like the most, it would be Major Hughes (I crack up whenever he boasts about his family on the military line.), Elric Brothers (Alphonse more than Ed on the sheer novelty of his situation.) and Col. Mustang. (Totally irresponsible, but at the same time, has sinister plans for power.)
FUKKATSU

Postby PnoKio2 » Sat Nov 27, 2004 7:47 pm

its a pretty Good show cartoon network does a good job of picking up quality anime unlike other station Cough fox box cough , Really is it me or watching shows like beyblade and Fzero Gp legends feel like your waiting for something good to happen and never does just asking
Things to keep sacred
1 Love
2 Respect
3 Dignity
4 Self control

Postby Verec » Sat Nov 27, 2004 8:18 pm

Those shows are kinda the cheep ass dregs of the anime bucket. Like any artform or medium of entertainment there is a bell curve in anime. Most are average, some exceptional, and some suck ass. And the bad dubbing that most of them recieve when they transfer to the states dosen't help maters much. I would like to see some of these companies spend more time and money on the re-dubs.
"I saw it, there, in the sewers...for just a second. All hunched over, skin pale white beneath those rags...so many rags. The vermin crawled about his feet like idolaters at worship, and I swear that the wind drew breath in a frightened gasp at his passing. He wore cold like a cloak and I swear that behind that smiling golden mask he was laughing at me as his curved blade rose and fell, cutting through my men. It left wounds filled with crystals of salt...the screams...the screams...and the pants....Gods! The Pants!!!"
-Captain Urtin, who salted and ate his former soldiers.
"Jar-Jar you're a genius!"

Postby Cali Defender » Sat Nov 27, 2004 10:07 pm

id like to see them not dub them. ok granted CN cant put them uncut *cough* lawsuit, but i think someone should just slap in some subtitles to the show and air it on a cable channel.

Postby idontlikemonday » Sun Nov 28, 2004 1:16 pm

I was just passing through and noticed this thread. I must tell you all some disapointing news.

The FMA that is being played on Adult Swim is not the real thing.

I ve seen alll of FMA already, thanks to BitTorrent, and through all 52 episodes, it progresses into one of the darkest and disturbing things i have ever seen. there are images that are horrifically fasinating and revolting. Adult Swim will not be airing these episodes because they are too graphic and disturbing. They have removed 4 or so complete episodes and have redrawn certain parts, taking away for the story even. If you wish to see the real episodes and dont mind subtitles you can find them on the internet with BitTorrent(and sites like suprnova.org). I highly recomend you all watch these real episodes. it wil give you a better appreciation for this fine anime.

remember, this anime is not for those with a weak stomach. if you are, the Adult swim version may be good for you.

I hope tis helped. i dont want anyone to miss out on FMA.
Work harder! Millions of welfare depend on YOU!

Postby Karuma » Sun Nov 28, 2004 2:45 pm

Caligula wrote:id like to see them not dub them. ok granted CN cant put them uncut *cough* lawsuit, but i think someone should just slap in some subtitles to the show and air it on a cable channel.

Lawsuit? What lawsuit? They are a cable channel...

Postby Breaking Point » Sun Nov 28, 2004 4:01 pm

idontlikemonday wrote:I was just passing through and noticed this thread. I must tell you all some disapointing news.

I ve seen alll of FMA already, thanks to BitTorrent, and through all 52 episodes, it progresses into one of the darkest and disturbing things i have ever seen. there are images that are horrifically fasinating and revolting. Adult Swim will not be airing these episodes because they are too graphic and disturbing. They have removed 4 or so complete episodes and have redrawn certain parts, taking away for the story even. If you wish to see the real episodes and dont mind subtitles you can find them on the internet with BitTorrent(and sites like suprnova.org). I highly recomend you all watch these real episodes. it wil give you a better appreciation for this fine anime.

Funimation has already stated they'll be releasing the entire series uncut, with the exception of scenes that might be too bloody for Adult Swim standards.

I seriously doubt they would make a statement like that, and then all of a sudden remove an entire episode from the series, much less four.

Where did you get this information, anyway?

Postby Mandy » Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:59 am

Dang, I missed last Saturday's episode. What happened?

Postby chi » Mon Nov 29, 2004 6:31 pm

idontlikemonday wrote:I was just passing through and noticed this thread. I must tell you all some disapointing news.

remember, this anime is not for those with a weak stomach. if you are, the Adult swim version may be good for you.

I hope tis helped. i dont want anyone to miss out on FMA.

That certainly comes as no suprise. What was a suprise was the fact that they decided to dub and air it in teh first place. But then again, this isn't the first time and anime has been overhauled for North American airwaves.

Like I said, no suprises. Rawk on FMA

Postby Cali Defender » Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:10 pm

people know what can and cant be aired thats where editing comes in. you are not dissapointing ne1 for revealing that news.

Postby Karuma » Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:10 am

Yeah.. Anyone remember when CN had Tenchi Muyo? The thing that made thier edits there so good was CN put time and effor in so that they would only have to edit EXACTLY when needed to be edited... Digital paint is great for adding towels and bikinis in the bath scenes.

Postby idontlikemonday » Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:03 am

My info comes from a member of the FMA encoding group that brought it here in the first place. its ture that they did remove episodes and parts because of the chilling nature of them. If Funimation or Adult Swim has decided not to remove episodes, they must have made that recently. As to which episodes were supposidly removed, i do not know. I will have a beter guess as to which soon, because of one episode with soon.    nina and tucker   
one thing for sure. did you all see Mother when Al and Ed brought her back? Or what happened with Ed's leg and arm? or him in a pool of his own blood?
if i am wrong, i will gladly eat my hat.
Work harder! Millions of welfare depend on YOU!

Postby Mandy » Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:21 am

I saw a silouhete (sp?) of the Mother. Her ribs were sticking up and there was kind of red mush inside ther bowl. I also did kind of see Ed lose his leg. But when Al was in the armor and he was at their friends door I saw Ed's arm and legs were gone and he was bleeding.

Postby Karuma » Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:44 am

Yeah, we saw bloody stumps. And we did see the inside out body of thier mom.

Postby Verec » Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:36 pm

This is Adult swim, it is not unforseeable that they might chose to show a relativvely unedited anime. After all this is the suposedly mature ssection of CN, a hardcore show is not ruled out, so long as it is a good show.
"I saw it, there, in the sewers...for just a second. All hunched over, skin pale white beneath those rags...so many rags. The vermin crawled about his feet like idolaters at worship, and I swear that the wind drew breath in a frightened gasp at his passing. He wore cold like a cloak and I swear that behind that smiling golden mask he was laughing at me as his curved blade rose and fell, cutting through my men. It left wounds filled with crystals of salt...the screams...the screams...and the pants....Gods! The Pants!!!"
-Captain Urtin, who salted and ate his former soldiers.
"Jar-Jar you're a genius!"

Postby Meitantei Kudo KID » Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:33 pm

Cascade wrote:I was reading the FMA online comics. It's pretty cool, but I got farther into the story and....
SPOILER
   NOOOOO!! Not Huges! Why did he have to die? He was the best, how he boasted about his family on the military phones, had his badass throwing knives, and just generally was a cool and interesting character. Posing as his wife was such a dirty trick Envy. The Flame Alchemist will get revenge for his friend for sure!   

Don't worry.

ANIME SPOILER
   Envy gets eaten up by the gate, but we're not fully sure of what happened to him.

But yea, it is sad. :crying:   
Shinjitsu wa itsumo hitotsu!

Postby Mandy » Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:22 am

What happened this past saturday? I missed the episode.

Postby Xain » Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:01 pm

Errr, on the subject of editing and like removing episodes, just about EVERY anime Funimation brings in is edited, also in my opionion they Fucked up Dragon Ball Z when they brought it in... But then again, with a name like "Funimation" what the hell can you expect?
DL the episodes with the subtitles, there your best bet to seeing the true anime.

Added after 9 minutes:

BTW I did check out the first episode that they showed on CN, Did anyone else notice that he said "It took my arm" and he was like grippping his leg... Next it shows front view of his arm missing now, then it flashes back and his arm is there again... wtf? Thats horrible editing, maybe they thought you wouldnt notice.
Did you notice?

----I remember the day they changed Cartoon Network, to CN, was weird O_o ----
-------------------------------------------------------
One Truth Prevails, words to Live by
-------------------------------------------------------

Postby BobSagat » Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:10 pm

I hate dubs... I hate dubs with a burning, raging passion that matches the intensity of a thousand burning, raging suns...

Except for the Trigun dubs... That was probably the best dub ever...

I've seen the entire 51 episodes of FMA in pure, original, and badass subs. And I must say I loved every pure, original, and badass second of it.

I hate the FMA dub though... I hate it with a burning, raging passion... It utterly sickens me to see their voices so horribly... squeaky...

I wish they could just release the episodes in subs...

Also, it is possible, that there might be some large edits... FMA is a bit gory, if I do say so myself... But I've seen the entire series... I don't think there is really that much that is inappropiate for an entire cut of an episode...
ImageImageImageImageImage
2pro

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)