Cartoon Network? (and a little KOF)

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Cartoon Network? (and a little KOF)

Postby calmyungk » Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:39 am

Hey all. I got the link from Megatokyo like a lot of others and have found this comic to contain abnormally high amounts of awesome. This has been discussed to some extent in some of the other threads, but I wanted to discuss this a little more in depth. Does anyone know if Cartoon Network has caught drift of this? I mean, as long as it remains fanwork, I think there's little they can do. But beyond that, this is really good enough for CN to consider buying, I'd say. I mean, it ties in all their characters nicely, and they probably own the rights to all the characters, so they could easily put together a sort of alternate-reality-3-or-4-episode series that, considering the wild market for anything anime these days (a somewhat annoying trend), would do pretty well.

-MJK

P.S.

Also, as a small extra aside, it seems that the author is a KOF fan. To that end, I thought it apropos to post a link to an awesome KOF vid:

http://www.classicgaming.com/donkeykong ... videos.htm

I suggest the All Fighting Games - 2 Year Anniversary video. Large, but totally worth it.

Re: Cartoon Network? (and a little KOF)

Postby Karuma » Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:47 am

It also contains Nickelodeon characters, don't forget that point.

Plus, it would have to be more than 3 or 4 episodes, I'd go with 6.

Postby NonametheWeird » Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:13 am

[nods to Kalma]

But I always wonder... What would happen is Craig McCracken think if he finds the doujinshi somehow? What if he already did? O.o
"Our losses include not only our separations and departures from those we love, but our conscious and unconscious losses of romantic dreams, impossible expectations, illusions of freedom and power, illusions of safety -- and the loss of our own younger self, the self that thought it would always be unwrinkled and invulnerable and immortal." - Judith Viorst

Postby Karuma » Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:25 am

Heh, when I first saw the Doujinshi, I thought, "Hmm, maybe I should find Craig McCracken's e-mail address and show him the kickassedness of the Doujin Art Form

Postby Elu » Thu Nov 18, 2004 3:33 pm

To be honest, I've been trying to contact Cartoon Network about this. lol ;)

Good ol' Nick as well, of course.
I am Death

Postby general_snaz » Thu Nov 18, 2004 4:40 pm

Elu wrote:To be honest, I've been trying to contact Cartoon Network about this. lol ;)

Good ol' Nick as well, of course.

Noo!!! They'll hunt bleedman down and tell him to stop, and when he refuses, they'll shoot him!!!!
:(

*ends lame joke*

Seriously, though, I don't think CN could buy it (cause of Nick) but I don't think bleedman would give it up either...

This reminds me of a dream I had the other night, where cartoonnetwork.com had a fan section for fanart and stuff and it linked bleedman, except it was Flash instead of comix.

wowimanerd
Click it, you know where it goes...

Postby Janana » Thu Nov 18, 2004 8:33 pm

(Is this similar to my question of publishing it which one this thread) I've also wondered if CN had notice the comics too. This could become very big if it's done right. ;)

Postby Aresz-kun » Thu Nov 18, 2004 10:22 pm

general_snaz wrote:Noo!!! They'll hunt bleedman down and tell him to stop, and when he refuses, they'll shoot him!!!!
:(

You know the strange it may sound I would not be suprised if they would persuade Bleedman to stop it. But of course not by shooting him but either by money or threat of legal action.

However I am not sure what may happen. It can happen that they might even be happy about this because Bleedman's comic is a kind of free online promotion/advertisement for their cartoons so actually they might view it as a good thing.

Or the 3rd solution is, which I find to be quite a possible one, that they don't give a shit about it and arguements over... :unsure:
"I hate this job"

Postby Elu » Thu Nov 18, 2004 10:27 pm

I don't think they could really do anything to stop bleedman, because it's a doujinshi. A fan manga. He does not claim that he owns the characters or anything of that nature. Plus, if they forced him to stop it...well they might as well stop all fan fiction writers and artists of their stuff. People would be outraged at that. A very naive move to make would to go after bleedman.

Either smile and do nothing. Or grin and allow to cooperate with bleedman to make it something bigger...though still making sure he updated here. ;)
I am Death

Postby NonametheWeird » Fri Nov 19, 2004 1:04 am

Yeah... As long as Bleedman's not making any money off of it, he's in the clear.
"Our losses include not only our separations and departures from those we love, but our conscious and unconscious losses of romantic dreams, impossible expectations, illusions of freedom and power, illusions of safety -- and the loss of our own younger self, the self that thought it would always be unwrinkled and invulnerable and immortal." - Judith Viorst

Postby Cascade » Fri Nov 19, 2004 2:14 am

KOF rocks. Bleedman has a great style but it's even better with the little KOF references here and there. Especially Dexter doing the Raging Storm. lol
FUKKATSU

Postby ranmah » Fri Nov 19, 2004 3:24 am

I'm sure CN and Nick will not take a huge fuss.

Heck I'm sure Craig and Genny would get a kick out of seeing their characters in a new light. Surprising they have had these characters for a about 10 years (I think).

Ranmah
Mah Productions
"The Only Limitation is the Mind."
http://ranmah.deviantart.com/

Postby calmyungk » Mon Nov 22, 2004 8:16 am

Well yeah. Chances are no one will screw with Bleedman *knocks on wood*, but in typical Dexter fashion, I regret that this will not become some all powerful worldwide phenomenon that no one can resist. :)

BTW, did anyone check out that KOF vid I linked? Any favorites? Mine are as follows:

The #1 ranked combo in the Combo Competition section (at about 11:43) with the "Enough Finesse to Make You Choke Award"
Combo #33 with the "Off Screen Juggle Award"
Combo #44 with the "Most Humiliating Way to Die Award"
Combo #45 with the "Quick, Deadly, Effficient Award"

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)