Who should die?

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby Drum Major » Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:46 pm

Christerray wrote:After a big battle with a lot of the characters getting seriously injured, Bleedman should do one chapter focusing on Emergency Medical Technicians transporting and treating one of the characters...I want to see the view from the other side of super heroism for a change.

BTW, speaking of Death, for the Kids Down Below, I requested that he threw in Johnny the Homicidal Maniac into it, when he was younger. He has lenore, why not Johnny?

I think that would be neat :D

Maybe You have something there. A great idea maybe. ^_^ I like.

Oh god Johonny would be great. I can't wait for what he's going to do with the KDB. Johnny would add a twist to it but he's not exactly a kid...oh well I think it's a great idea anyway.
♫ Generate Some Excitement ♫
Box drill slide left
♫ 1+a 2isa 3e+a 4 ♫

Postby Fixen » Tue Dec 14, 2004 8:28 pm

Yeah. Blossom's tears in Chapter 4 wasn't exactly saddening. If I'm to see a lot of people crying over one person, though, I'll consider doing the same. XD

Re: Who should die?

Postby Sylvia Stout » Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:25 am

goldenkitsune said:

Mandark. Hopefully by Dexter. After a very tense moment where Blossom tells Dexter that killing Mandark won't bring Dee-Dee back, or fill the hole in his life.

;) You mean, like this:

Dexter: This is it, Mandark! *throttles*

Blossom: Dexter, NO! Killing him WON'T bring your sister back!

MandarK: ...

Dexter: ...I don't care. *stabs*

lol Hey now, though, no need for the Mandark hate, heh. It was an accident, after all. :)
"Without Christmas, the US economy will collapse, anarchy will reign everywhere, and I WON'T GET MY PONY!" -- Earthworm Jim

"Ha, Ha-ha! Ha-ha! Ha-ha!" -- Mandark

Postby Yoshi » Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:27 am

Anyone but Bell and GIR can die without me paying any pity.
"Worst case scenario I'll get arrested for public nudity.
Best case scenerio I'll get arrested for public nudity with a boner. It's win win.
" ~ Dave
"Also Yoshi is the most important person in all of Australia." ~ Zepherin

Postby Blaze » Fri Dec 17, 2004 10:10 am

You can kill Mandy and have Grim bring her back with powers(like Testamet from guilty gear) and giver some action. The way she acts she needs to be fighting.

Postby Mandy » Fri Dec 17, 2004 10:12 am

Mandy can't die. She controls Grim and because she controls him she will not die unless she deems it. And if she does die Grim will not bring her back because he wants her killed and out of his hair.

Postby Halfling Rogue » Fri Dec 17, 2004 10:20 am

Saishu_Heiki wrote:It is true that they are children, and they have already seen some ****ed up things in life.

However, you must have driving conflict for a successful story. Death and horrible injury is a way of providing that conflict. After all, would you want to read a story about your own first grade experience? I have a feeling it would be quite dry.

[Note: I use conflict here in the literary sense, i.e. "conflict = goal+obstacle". This is not fist-a-cuffs conflict.]

I dunno, the actual PPG series is set in kindergarten and no one dies, and it gets along just fine. While granted, death and horrible injury does add another dimension to the characters, I think it would be interesting to see if the series could get through WITHOUT it. That would take skill, and would be very impressive if Bleedman pulled it off. Like, think of the CLAMP series like Chobits and CC Sakura. There's loss (Sakura's lost her mom, Hibiya lost her husband and 'daughters') but it all takes place off-set, so to speak, and makes it so that the character's dimension is already there; no one dies in those series, either.

Although it seems to be pretty popular; I only used CLAMP's stuff as an example because those are the ONLY series I can think of offhand where no one dies. ^^:
This space for rent until I can think of something suitably witty.

---

Ecter : http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/12827966
Venus : http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/12827985/

Where it all began: http://www.snafu-comics.com/forum/viewt ... ght=#92627

Postby Blaze » Fri Dec 17, 2004 10:31 am

Halfling Rogue wrote:Although it seems to be pretty popular; I only used CLAMP's stuff as an example because those are the ONLY series I can think of offhand where no one dies. ^^:

Clamp X 1999 every one died or was killed somthing horrible.

Postby Halfling Rogue » Fri Dec 17, 2004 10:40 am

Yeeeees, Rg Veda wasn't all bunnies and roses either. That's why I didn't use them as an example. I was just trying to say that it IS possible to make a successful series where nobody dies.
This space for rent until I can think of something suitably witty.

---

Ecter : http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/12827966
Venus : http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/12827985/

Where it all began: http://www.snafu-comics.com/forum/viewt ... ght=#92627

Previous

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)