Who should die?

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Who should die?

Postby Nuke Mayhem » Tue Nov 16, 2004 12:46 am

What characters in the doujin do you think should die in future pages and chapters(you know to add drama, horror, suspence, and other kinds of stuff)?

Postby perper » Tue Nov 16, 2004 1:19 am

That's a hard one to call. All these characters cater to different tastes, so eliminating them might hurt. But, then again we need more than non-stop fighting for an actual plot development.

Hmmm....as much as I love him, I think killing Mandark might add to the drama(Mandark is my favorite Dex character). Not only would it reconcile the whole DeeDee issue but it could extend into Dexter's psyche. I could totally see them finally becoming friends (possibly in honor of mutual love for DeeDee) and then Mandark dying and Dexter suffering even more.

I wouldn't want her to die but, wounding Tootie might also be an interesting development. I mean it could delve into the Timmy/Tootie shippiness and give Buttercup a reason to be emotional.

Maybe one of the RowdyRuff Boys but they are so popular.

I was also thinking of Dr. Wakeman or Sheldon (I love Sheldon). I'm a total supporter for the almost non-existant Sheldon/Jenny romance. It would be interesting to see how Jenny would react to losing her mother or her love. Hey, she might join the cluster.

What does everyone else think?

P.S.- love the Garfield comic strip. It's hilarious.
Last edited by perper on Tue Nov 16, 2004 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
"...and one day we no longer let time serve us, we serve time and we are slaves of the schedule, worshippers of the sun's passing bound to a life predicatated on restrictions because the system will not function if we don't keep the schedule tight."
-'"Repent, Harlequin!" Said the TickTockman' by Harlan Ellison

Postby yalborap2 » Tue Nov 16, 2004 1:23 am

SheldonXjenny would only happen if she got it through his thick skull that he'd have to not pull the obessive stuff. If that happened, I can easily see them becoming a couple.

Location: Within the hellish flames known as southern california

Postby perper » Tue Nov 16, 2004 1:32 am

*laughs* good point
"...and one day we no longer let time serve us, we serve time and we are slaves of the schedule, worshippers of the sun's passing bound to a life predicatated on restrictions because the system will not function if we don't keep the schedule tight."
-'"Repent, Harlequin!" Said the TickTockman' by Harlan Ellison

Postby PO's_KiSin » Tue Nov 16, 2004 1:56 am

No one...There all to cute to die. ^ ^

Yes, I, a male, said cute, so what.

Postby yalborap2 » Tue Nov 16, 2004 1:59 am

I once said kawaii in an extremely high pitched voice.

Re: Who should die?

Postby Aresz-kun » Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:48 am

You will see a lot of random monsters get slaughtered here and there.

I suppose other characters should go dieing all over, howver DeeDee s death was somehow necessary to make the story simpler.

Otherwise maybe the Darkstar council become candidates, I really don t think it would be necessary to killl of anyone else... unless there is a certain need for it...
"I hate this job"

Postby general_snaz » Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:23 am

I know! When Jimmy Neutron shows up, let's have him killed next panel!!!!!! :devil:

And that Garfield thing is hilarious. lol

wowimanerd
Click it, you know where it goes...

Postby Karuma » Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:26 am

Maybe everyone should die. That would add alot of drama and suspence... until the following week when Bleedman reveals it as a joke/hoax.

Postby Mandy » Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:12 pm

I think that some one should be hospitalized instead of killed. That would add more drama really. Like have the person in a coma or something and have Grim sit by the bed just to make it more dramatic. I'm thinking maybe it could be Professor Utonium.

Postby Saishu_Heiki » Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:26 pm

Mandy wrote:I think that some one should be hospitalized instead of killed. That would add more drama really. Like have the person in a coma or something and have Grim sit by the bed just to make it more dramatic. I'm thinking maybe it could be Professor Utonium.

I really like this idea better. Death is so final, there is no where to go with it beyond grief and vengance. Horrible injury, whether a coma (as mentioned), or permanent disability (what happens if Otto is paralyzed?), allows for more varied and extended emotional responce.

As for being the big Prof. it would keep the series on track as a PPG doujinshi. Having too many side-plots running makes a story weaker (ask Robert Jordan).

However, in the end, it is the author (or artist)'s tale to tell. As long as the muse is singing, I will be listening.

[Note to self: get back to your own writing...]
Saishu Heiki
Kyuden Ryu Interviewer - RFFR Librarian - Ricepaper Wordsmith

Postby chi » Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:36 pm

The prof makes the most sense I guess, but does someone really need to DIE to make the story interesting?? The vast majority of the characters are children! CHILDREN for the love of grass!!!!
.:no apparent reason:.

Postby yalborap2 » Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:39 pm

The PPG fight to save their city, dexter is a boy genius who has fought for similar reasons and gone through the death of who was quite possibly the person closest to him at the time, otto fixes the past to protect the future.....I think I listed most of the characters proving to be major in this chapter. Either way, these are kids who have seen and experienced some screwed up shit.

Postby Saishu_Heiki » Tue Nov 16, 2004 5:14 pm

It is true that they are children, and they have already seen some ****ed up things in life.

However, you must have driving conflict for a successful story. Death and horrible injury is a way of providing that conflict. After all, would you want to read a story about your own first grade experience? I have a feeling it would be quite dry.

[Note: I use conflict here in the literary sense, i.e. "conflict = goal+obstacle". This is not fist-a-cuffs conflict.]
Saishu Heiki
Kyuden Ryu Interviewer - RFFR Librarian - Ricepaper Wordsmith

Postby Al Calnos » Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:33 pm

DeeDee's death is good enough... but i have had the idea of Dexter(sometime soon perhaps) has a nightmare where Blossom suffers a similar fate...

Postby Verec » Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:38 pm

Maybe mandark will drain her for her chemical X or somthing...it has been done before, and it nearly killed her. Or maybe it will be her capture by Mandark, simply to hold her prisioner against Dexter. And then she tears up his lab.
"I saw it, there, in the sewers...for just a second. All hunched over, skin pale white beneath those rags...so many rags. The vermin crawled about his feet like idolaters at worship, and I swear that the wind drew breath in a frightened gasp at his passing. He wore cold like a cloak and I swear that behind that smiling golden mask he was laughing at me as his curved blade rose and fell, cutting through my men. It left wounds filled with crystals of salt...the screams...the screams...and the pants....Gods! The Pants!!!"
-Captain Urtin, who salted and ate his former soldiers.
"Jar-Jar you're a genius!"

Postby Nikki » Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:33 pm

verec wrote:Maybe mandark will drain her for her chemical X or somthing...it has been done before, and it nearly killed her. Or maybe it will be her capture by Mandark, simply to hold her prisioner against Dexter. And then she tears up his lab.

Wha? o-o'

Location: Dreamland? No. Fairyland? I wish. The dirt clod of doom, Oklahoma? Sadly, yes.

Postby NonametheWeird » Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:54 pm

PPG_Fan_Nikki wrote:
verec wrote:Maybe mandark will drain her for her chemical X or somthing...it has been done before, and it nearly killed her. Or maybe it will be her capture by Mandark, simply to hold her prisioner against Dexter. And then she tears up his lab.

Wha? o-o'

What're you confused about?
"Our losses include not only our separations and departures from those we love, but our conscious and unconscious losses of romantic dreams, impossible expectations, illusions of freedom and power, illusions of safety -- and the loss of our own younger self, the self that thought it would always be unwrinkled and invulnerable and immortal." - Judith Viorst

Postby mascot1063 » Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:34 am

alot of emotion would take place if a beloved character died *looks at dexter*

Postby Mandy » Wed Nov 17, 2004 8:25 am

Mandy wrote:I think that some one should be hospitalized instead of killed. That would add more drama really. Like have the person in a coma or something and have Grim sit by the bed just to make it more dramatic. I'm thinking maybe it could be Professor Utonium.

This would be the best way to keep conflict going and not have anyone die. Mandark would probably do this to Blossom somehow.

Postby Nuke Mayhem » Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:45 pm

I know who should die, Kenny from South Park. We add Kenny(as like a background cameo or something) in one page of future chapter and get him killed in some way, and in the next chaper, we add him in a differant page, get him killed in a differant way, and so on and so on. :snoogins:

Postby Mandy » Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:57 pm

Nuke Mayhem wrote:I know who should die, Kenny from South Park. We add Kenny(as like a background cameo or something) in one page of future chapter and get him killed in some way, and in the next chaper, we add him in a differant page, get him killed in a differant way, and so on and so on. :snoogins:
That's just stupid... no, it's moronic.

Postby Nuke Mayhem » Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:11 pm

...Your right but it was the only thing I could think of for this topic. :P

Postby Mandy » Wed Nov 17, 2004 2:49 pm

And yet you were the one who created this topic...

Postby Al Calnos » Wed Nov 17, 2004 5:28 pm

Mandy wrote:And yet you were the one who created this topic...

Hey, i created a "Greatest FFA" thread on the Snafu fourm and i didnt have a striaght answer and apparently wasnt "in the spirit" says Drew :P

it happens :unsure:

Next

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)