How about that new page.

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: My seventy-five cents...

Postby ZodiacAngel » Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:32 am

JoeEngland wrote:I'd say this all captures DeeDee's character rather eloquently. There were times in the show when she was surprisingly well-spoken. One speech in particular comes to mind, when she mocked Dexter's quest for "answers to questions that nobody asked." For those who don't know, that was the episode when he went to her for spiritual guidance. In the climax he went berserk with emotion, rampaging through the lab until DeeDee slapped him out of it, saying he'd changed from a benign creator to a "mad destroyer" and confessing that she was wrong to try and change him. Before he could comfort her she ran off crying, leaving him to quietly begin repairs on his lab.
...Man, it's hard to concentrate with that green emoticon incessantly puking.
Anyway, contemplating her own mortality would definitely bring out her more subdued side, like it would for anyone. It's this change in personality that creeps Dexter out, like it would, subsequently, for anyone in the company of someone contemplating their mortality.
I say, Genndy'd be proud. That collage of classic cartoon moments is heartwrenching.

-Joe

----------------------------
http://www.zebragirl.net

Dude, that was deep. DeeDee always had a well-spoken side to her. It just takes that certain something to make it come out.
Journey with me and let my wings unfurl

Pete : It's four in the fucking morning!
Shaun : It's Saturday!
Pete : No, it's not. It's fucking Sunday. And I've got to go to fucking work in four fucking hours 'cos every other fucker in my fucking department is fucking ill! Now can you see why I'm SO FUCKING ANGRY?
Ed : Fuck, yeah!("Shaun of the Dead")

http://hikaruagata.250free.com/ryucloth1.jpg

Re: How about that new page.

Postby Brendala » Mon Oct 18, 2004 1:15 pm

I really hope that Bleedman touches on how DeeDee's death affected her parents. Even if its just a brief cameo or mention of them, I think it's something that should be touched on.
That, and I'd REALLY like to see how they would look if Bleedman drew them. ^_^

I'd say this all captures DeeDee's character rather eloquently. There were times in the show when she was surprisingly well-spoken. One speech in particular comes to mind, when she mocked Dexter's quest for "answers to questions that nobody asked." For those who don't know, that was the episode when he went to her for spiritual guidance. In the climax he went berserk with emotion, rampaging through the lab until DeeDee slapped him out of it, saying he'd changed from a benign creator to a "mad destroyer" and confessing that she was wrong to try and change him. Before he could comfort her she ran off crying, leaving him to quietly begin repairs on his lab.

I agree, Joe.
Ya know, seeing that collage of classic Dexter's Lab moments makes me hate those new episodes even more. The characters were so subtle and well devolped back then. Now Dexter has been turned into a mean-spirited little snot and DeeDee has been turned into a brain-dead jerk. And it doesn't help that the new character designs and color scheme are ugly as sin >.<

Postby Xain » Mon Oct 18, 2004 2:55 pm

Yeah, same here, I think it should go something like this O_o
(assuming that she caught a terminal illness)
Dexters parents aren't able to keep DeeDee's illness secret any more because her condition took a turn for the worse, and has to now stay in the hospital, over a corse of a few weeks Dexter visits DeeDee every day after school and spends every night calculating a cure for her illness, here it like splits off into 3 different endings:
1. Dexter is never able to make a cure and is phoned from the school, he rushes over to the hospital and
A. Doesn't make it in time to see her one last time.
B. See's her one last time, and she dies holding his hand.
2.Dexter makes the cure but there isn't enough time left to get it to her, he rushes to the hospital and is to late, she is already dead...
Damn... thats fucking sad....
^_^; I think I'ma go like... go cut my wrists for a while...
-------------------------------------------------------
One Truth Prevails, words to Live by

Postby Darkfang Amadeus » Mon Oct 18, 2004 2:57 pm

Xain wrote:Yeah, same here, I think it should go something like this O_o
(assuming that she caught a terminal illness)
Dexters parents aren't able to keep DeeDee's illness secret any more because her condition took a turn for the worse, and has to now stay in the hospital, over a corse of a few weeks Dexter visits DeeDee every day after school and spends every night calculating a cure for her illness, here it like splits off into 3 different endings:
1. Dexter is never able to make a cure and is phoned from the school, he rushes over to the hospital and
A. Doesn't make it in time to see her one last time.
B. See's her one last time, and she dies holding his hand.
2.Dexter makes the cure but there isn't enough time left to get it to her, he rushes to the hospital and is to late, she is already dead...
Damn... thats fucking sad....
^_^; I think I'ma go like... go cut my wrists for a while...

you forgot one.

he makes the cure gets there on time but she refuses to take it (see the promise) and she dies holding his hand comforting him. :(
During a Tourni Match

Darkfang "All who challenge me shall face the rath of me and my sacred axe............ Awww FUCK I left it at home."

"Oh wait I put a summoning spell on it. COME TO ME SACRED AXE AND SMITE MY ENEMIES WITH THE POWER YOU AND I COMMAND."

"OH LORDS OF DARKNESS I CALL UPON YOU TO ASSIST ME IN MY FIGHT. GIVE ME THE POWER TO DESTROY ALL WHO STAND BEFORE ME!!!! RAGING AXE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" *lots of blood and gore then enemies head falls to Darkfang's feet*

Silverfang "Wow, talk about overkill."

Darkfang "Well he deserved it. Plus overkill is never a bad thing."

Postby Xain » Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:02 pm

I was thinking that, but... that made me want to cut my wrists even more...

Added after 20 seconds:

^_^;
One Truth Prevails, words to Live by

Postby Darkfang Amadeus » Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:07 pm

Xain wrote:I was thinking that, but... that made me want to cut my wrists even more...

Added after 20 seconds:

^_^;

already did ..............aurgh *falls over dead*

*comes back to life as a sadistic maniac.*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA would serve him right. lol lol lol
During a Tourni Match

Darkfang "All who challenge me shall face the rath of me and my sacred axe............ Awww FUCK I left it at home."

"Oh wait I put a summoning spell on it. COME TO ME SACRED AXE AND SMITE MY ENEMIES WITH THE POWER YOU AND I COMMAND."

"OH LORDS OF DARKNESS I CALL UPON YOU TO ASSIST ME IN MY FIGHT. GIVE ME THE POWER TO DESTROY ALL WHO STAND BEFORE ME!!!! RAGING AXE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" *lots of blood and gore then enemies head falls to Darkfang's feet*

Postby Breaking Point » Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:16 pm

I was thinking that if Dee Dee were to die from an illness, it would be tragic if it happened without anyone's knowledge.

For instance, she could be doing a play where she dances a lot and is pushed to her limits. Then at the climax (which, in this play, is also the end) she "dramatically" falls to the floor after doing a strenuous routine. Everyone in the audience (Dexter and his parents included) begin to clap and cheer, and some laughed at what happened. But then the rest of the actors come out on stage to do a bow, and one of them tries to wake Dee Dee up. The whole assembly almost comes to a halt when someone begins to scream for an ambulance.

Medics arrive, do what they can, but their's no point. They determine she died the moment she fell to the floor. The cause being a genetic disease that had skipped the mother's family from generation to generation. One that caused the heart to become so ill and weak, any sort of physical activity that required a lot of effort forced the heart to stop, and never start back up. No one suspected it since anyone with the disease notice early warning signs, such as being short of breath and intense chest pains. They later find out from the class mates that's she done this time to time during practice. Why didn't she tell anyone? They figure it's because she didn't want to quit when the big play was nearby, and that she probably thought she could just go one more night.

As the family becomes depressed, Mandark blames Dexter for not stopping her. Not noticing. Surely someone with his technology would have seen something wrong with Dee Dee. "You can see into the sub-atomic universe and solve the most advance equations with just a glance," he screamed, "but you can't even see when your sister--your own flesh and blood--is sick?!"

Dexter takes this to heart, and as soon as he attends Megaville High School, he begins to work on a way to bring Dee Dee back, using her actual body and replacing any organs that were affected or destroyed by the disease. He remembers his promise to his sister made long ago, but tells himself that the "time" Dee Dee was talking about wasn't then, and wasn't supposed to happen for a long time.

Postby sfried » Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:06 pm

Well, waterever the result of this tradegy for DeeDee, I can't help but think... somehow, despite it's bleakness, this is just a plot setup, and there might be still be some room for the characters to be "in character." I could imagine Dexter finally accepting her loss and mustering up the courage to go against Mandark's accusations of Dex being responsible. And it would all come down to... a lightsaber duel! Yes! A perfect fitting: A bit of parody/spoof with serious elements definately would work!

Postby JimJam » Tue Oct 19, 2004 2:45 am

I'm waiting with baited breath and chewed down nails.
If we couldn't get him, then we'll just have to deal with this load of JimJam then.

Postby Darkfang Amadeus » Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:22 am

you know itd be pretty funny if bleedman doesnt even know how hes going to pertrey her death and hes reading these posts getting ideas lol. just a though.
During a Tourni Match

Postby TheGuyWho » Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:57 pm

what if she commits suicide?
http://aotd.yoll.net
"Wrath falls from the hevans"

Postby sfried » Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:22 pm

Darkfang Amadeus wrote:you know itd be pretty funny if bleedman doesnt even know how hes going to pertrey her death and hes reading these posts getting ideas lol. just a though.

If that's the case, I hope he implements the whole climatic Star-Wars battle between Manadrk and Dex (it makes sense since Dex is was influenced by the films... I mean, what was that one episode where he forgot the password to his lab?). I could imagine it now..."Yes, you twin sister! *BREATH WHIR*"

Postby ZodiacAngel » Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:07 am

TheGuyWho wrote:what if she commits suicide?

I really don't DeeDee would do something like that.
Journey with me and let my wings unfurl

Pete : It's four in the fucking morning!
Shaun : It's Saturday!
Pete : No, it's not. It's fucking Sunday. And I've got to go to fucking work in four fucking hours 'cos every other fucker in my fucking department is fucking ill! Now can you see why I'm SO FUCKING ANGRY?
Ed : Fuck, yeah!("Shaun of the Dead")

http://hikaruagata.250free.com/ryucloth1.jpg

Postby TheGuyWho » Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:58 am

i dont know it was just how she said everything to dexter.... kinda made me think that for a second or so...
you never know....
http://aotd.yoll.net
"Wrath falls from the hevans"

Postby Darkfang Amadeus » Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:06 pm

sudden change in emotion is a sure sign of suicide in the med books so it is possible not to mention truly optimistic ppl like her are always more prone to suicide when something changes there whole perspective on life.

Added after 1 hours 59 minutes:

sry for the double post but i just reread the comic taking a more thorough approach to reading it and if my deductions are correct i know how deedee died.

judging by dr. X's statements on mandark i have come up with this theory.

The sole cause for DeeDee's death is simple Dr. X either directly or indirectly killed her. in other words he played mandark like a violin by making his already dislike for dexter cloud his mind and believe that w/e happened to deedee is dexters fault. therefore dr.x quote " He is unaware of my watchful eyes nor does he realize he is under my influence." comes into play in the fact that mandark will play a key role in keeping dexter out of the picture leaving the dark councel to worry about the powerpuffs.

i cant say exactly how he killed her but i know he was at least 90% the cause of her death.
During a Tourni Match

Postby BlackAeronaut » Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:09 pm

Sounds right on to me Darkfang. Either way though, I'd really just like to see what Bleedman's got up his sleeve. I can see all the spoilers I want, it'll never be as good as seeing the real deal.
Crazy insane or insane crazy? Take your pick.

Hobbes: "I've never seen raisin bran do that before."
Calvin: "I put in an alcaseltzer."

"The hard part about playing chicken is knowing when to flinch." -Cpt. Bart Mancusoe, The Hunt For Red October

Postby Darkfang Amadeus » Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:19 pm

im sure even if im right itll still come as a suprise somehow. bleedman is damn good. and i need to get that program hes using.
During a Tourni Match

Postby BlackAeronaut » Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:26 pm

What is he using anyways?

"The hard part about playing chicken is knowing when to flinch." -Cpt. Bart Mancusoe, The Hunt For Red October

Postby Darkfang Amadeus » Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:35 pm

he has a screenshot of the program hes using its some kind of photo shop i dont know exactly ill have to look at it again.

Added after 1 minutes:

just checked its Adobe Photoshop
During a Tourni Match

Postby BlackAeronaut » Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:47 pm

Ah. Good luck getting anything better than 5.0 Adobe is expensive as hell. Makes me wonder what justification they have in charging $650 for Photoshop CS.

Postby Darkfang Amadeus » Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:34 pm

$650!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF WERE THEY THINKING?

but if it does that good work i think ill still get it. in fact i might already have it. new media com havent had a chance to see all the shit my freind put on it.
During a Tourni Match

Postby Blaid » Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:09 pm

BlackAeronaut wrote:Ah. Good luck getting anything better than 5.0 Adobe is expensive as hell. Makes me wonder what justification they have in charging $650 for Photoshop CS.
I found one for $170. Doesn't matter, I haven't any money regardless.
Zim: ...Why is it wrapped in BACON?!!
Gir: I MADE IT MYSELF!!

Previous

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)