New Grim Tales "Of blood and muffins" 8/29/14

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

New Grim Tales "Of blood and muffins" 8/29/14

Postby superjp164 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:29 pm

Image
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 276
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:06 am
Location: New York City(home world of the spiral races)
Gender: Male

Re: New Grim Tales "Of blood and muffins" 8/29/14

Postby Sig Skellington » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:56 pm

Oooooookay... Well, nothing to do but wait and see where they go with this. I wasn't sure if "direr" was an actual word until I looked it up. Apparently, yes, it is.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2897
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:11 am
Location: Do you really care?
Gender: Male

Re: New Grim Tales "Of blood and muffins" 8/29/14

Postby Hallow Nova » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:20 pm

Still grammatically incorrect though.

As nice as it is for the story to plan out how and why each event happens, it's being extended to an unreasonable amount.
The last 4 pages could've easily been 1, maybe 2 if they really wanted to stress Chi's cunning.
The physics of Chi's body in the last panel seems off too.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 5459
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:21 am
Gender: Male

Re: New Grim Tales "Of blood and muffins" 8/29/14

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:20 pm

Feels like they are trying to hard to make this "dramatic" and failing miserably.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18979
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: New Grim Tales "Of blood and muffins" 8/29/14

Postby Hallow Nova » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:22 pm

Every time they try to give Chi a 'moment' it fails miserably. The one time people got hyped was Blossom's moment.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 5459
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:21 am
Gender: Male

Re: New Grim Tales "Of blood and muffins" 8/29/14

Postby K13-ZAR » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:24 pm

this should be interesting to see where they go from here
I'm NOT CRAZY! I'm just unpredictable there's a difference
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 174
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:30 pm
Location: Domain of the Dragon Gods
Gender: Male

Re: New Grim Tales "Of blood and muffins" 8/29/14

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:44 pm

Can't tell if you are being sarcastic, or just stupid.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18979
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: New Grim Tales "Of blood and muffins" 8/29/14

Postby Birdofterror » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:00 am

Well.

That happened.

Now we wait for something else to happen.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1982
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:05 am
Location: You see where I am.
Gender: Male

Re: New Grim Tales "Of blood and muffins" 8/29/14

Postby OrangeBee » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:02 am

We get it. Chi wants mimi in the bum.
THE OFFICIAL SHITPOSTER



Exodis: Image us as the Camelot, the guy going as a troll/Krest, and Hiroko as... the bunny.
ShitPoster
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 628
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:35 am
Location: The Orange Hive
Gender: None specified

Re: New Grim Tales "Of blood and muffins" 8/29/14

Postby Havoc » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:55 am

Tenshi Nova wrote:Still grammatically incorrect though.

As nice as it is for the story to plan out how and why each event happens, it's being extended to an unreasonable amount.
The last 4 pages could've easily been 1, maybe 2 if they really wanted to stress Chi's cunning.
The physics of Chi's body in the last panel seems off too.

The pathetic padding wouldn't be so bad if the pages update more frequently. We waited almost a whole month, and they didn't even give us a good idea of what Chi plans to do. Although I kinda skipped over parts of this page. Sometimes I wonder if Bleed pads these parts out because he didn't plan ahead. But I think you're probably right about them trying too hard to make it "dramatic", however I think their half-ass attempts at "humor" also takes up a lot of unnecessary space.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1915
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:41 am
Gender: Male

Re: New Grim Tales "Of blood and muffins" 8/29/14

Postby Hallow Nova » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:15 am

I'm still hoping that Mimi is more passive with Chi. It's doubtful given how she's limited on loved ones, but it would still be a funny thing to see.

Also, after a few minutes of thought, I just don't see the point of the last few pages. Chi sneaked a knife into her Mimi sanctuary, to stab herself, in order to do something.
Demo's dialogue makes all of Chi's actions seem as redundant as we think they are. These pages are also so uneventful, that when read in one go, it becomes a blurred skim.

I don't even know why I'm still complaining. :c
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 5459
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:21 am
Gender: Male

Re: New Grim Tales "Of blood and muffins" 8/29/14

Postby Havoc » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:30 am

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "passive", but I'm hoping Mimi bites the shit out of Chi when they meet. Also how exactly does Demongo's dialog make Chi's actions redundant?

I think Bleedman doesn't realize (or just flat out doesn't give a shit) that he's working within the bounds of such a slow moving comic. If a comic only updates once or twice a month, then you really can't afford to drag your ass, you gotta make each page worth while.

Like you; I don't even know why the fuck I'm still here arguing about this shit. I keep hoping it'll get better, but I barely have any hope left. This doesn't even feel like the same comic I started reading two years ago. Like I said: we might as well call it "Chi Tales" at this point.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1915
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:41 am
Gender: Male

Re: New Grim Tales "Of blood and muffins" 8/29/14

Postby Hallow Nova » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:46 am

I'm still hoping that Mimi isn't head over heels for Chi. Something along the lines of friends, but Mimi doesn't like the clinginess.

As for Demo's dialogue. Chi came to this room for privacy, and this stabbing scene is supposed to make it seem like Chi's 'dying' or at least putting herself in danger.
Demo has said that Aku is likely humoring Chi, and that she's immortal. Even if we already knew this, for those that didn't, Demo assured this information.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 5459
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:21 am
Gender: Male

Re: New Grim Tales "Of blood and muffins" 8/29/14

Postby silvercover » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:06 am

its probably slow since bleed has picked up invader zim as well...
offline
 
Posts: 311
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:38 am
Gender: None specified

Re: New Grim Tales "Of blood and muffins" 8/29/14

Postby ULTRADJWEEN » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:13 pm

Boooooooooooriiiiiiiiiiiing!!! Page told and showed us what we already knew like, half a year already. Can we actually move on to the next phase already, like the actual infiltration of the castle or the actual meeting taking place instead of dragging the same scene for what, 4 pages now? It's been over a month since the last update, so it will be going slower that hot molasses in July. This is why he should take on less freakin' comics. Show some movement of the story already!
Image
Just Rockin
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1047
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:22 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: New Grim Tales "Of blood and muffins" 8/29/14

Postby Lolwutpear_126 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:24 pm

For the comic page itself, I actually like it. I don't know why, exactly, but somehow, Chi's slowly growing on me. I just hope she'll get a bit more life experience and characterization and she might even become likeable to me.

Can't wait for the next pages.

At least it's a better read than Invader Zim...
offline
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:48 pm
Gender: Female

Re: New Grim Tales "Of blood and muffins" 8/29/14

Postby Sig Skellington » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:10 pm

Sad to say, he said what a lot of us are thinking. At this point, it's difficult for many of us to call GT "interesting", "good" or even "decent". We've been getting disappointed time after time, with not a peep from those involved. I, myself, am just considering it a matter of time before it's as bad as Melancholy.

As for IZ, you're entitled to you're opinion, but IMO, IZ's still just getting back up again, so it may be too soon to call it good or bad. But I'm optimistic.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2897
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:11 am
Location: Do you really care?
Gender: Male

Re: New Grim Tales "Of blood and muffins" 8/29/14

Postby Havoc » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:18 am

Lolwutpear_126 wrote:For the comic page itself, I actually like it. I don't know why, exactly, but somehow, Chi's slowly growing on me. I just hope she'll get a bit more life experience and characterization and she might even become likeable to me.

Can't wait for the next pages.

At least it's a better read than Invader Zim...

For me, I still hate Chi with a passion. Chi hasn't made any progress towards being a more likable character at all. Since her introduction, she's been given more spotlight than either of the two main chracters (Jr and Minnie). Yet she hasn't made any character development what so ever.

Sigment wrote:As for IZ, you're entitled to you're opinion, but IMO, IZ's still just getting back up again, so it may be too soon to call it good or bad. But I'm optimistic.

Same here. I feel it's too early to make a call regarding IZ. We're only- like what, 3 or 4 pages in?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1915
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:41 am
Gender: Male

Re: New Grim Tales "Of blood and muffins" 8/29/14

Postby Mercen-X » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:43 pm

Judging by the pacing so far, I expect the next page to have Demongo reacting to Chi stabbing herself and we'll be shown some weird shape-shifting thing about maybe splitting herself in two or something. Or somebody will come in and find her "dead" and react to that. Either way, it will still be Aku's place.

If they had any true sense of pacing, they would skip that and go on to Grim Castle because they can always come back to it later as a flashback. In fact, the last few pages should have been put on reserve for flashback use because it would have made this comic at least THREE TIMES more interesting to suddenly see that Chi had been stabbed to death. We would wonder why and how. Of course, it still wouldn't garner near as much interest as what's going on with Junior and them, but it would have been something worthwhile.
I just love how people put commas, in places they so obviously, do not belong.

I don't know about you, but I love the Young Justice animated series.
So I became the 44,901st signer of this petition to bring the series back.
Skree
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 305
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:58 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: New Grim Tales "Of blood and muffins" 8/29/14

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:43 pm

Mercen-X wrote:In fact, the last few pages should have been put on reserve for flashback use because it would have made this comic at least THREE TIMES more interesting to suddenly see that Chi had been stabbed to death. We would wonder why and how.


Especially considering the method. Seppuku is not exactly high on the list of ways to off yourself. It's one of the more gruesome, painful ways to go (or why for most of the time it was used , it was permissible to have a friend standing behind you to decapitate you as soon as the knife went in, to shorten your suffering.) That's part of the point actually, the pain is part of the atonement for whatever you did to dishonor yourself so much. So without the preamble as we have seen it so far, a logical conclusion is that Chi committed seppuku on Aku's orders. That would actually cast Chi in a far more positive light (and Aku in a much worse one); the you love willing to actually sacrifice everything for her love (not just her life, but her very soul) against an ultimately heartless father ultimately caring only about himself (more or less another Him, which would explain why they were so close). Without all of what we have seen, Chi's death could be considered noble, as it stands it just looks sort of narcissistic, petty and melodramatic (especially since we all know she isn't really dead, or the comic is over.)
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1417
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:59 am
Location: The Kingdom of the Tall Trees
Gender: None specified

Re: New Grim Tales "Of blood and muffins" 8/29/14

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:14 pm

Mon-Kitsune wrote:against an ultimately heartless father ultimately caring only about himself

Which the comic has portrayed him in a completely different light, being one of the most caring parents we have seen in the Underworld as of yet.

Mon-Kitsune wrote: a logical conclusion is that Chi committed seppuku on Aku's orders.

How has that train of logic been formed?
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18979
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: New Grim Tales "Of blood and muffins" 8/29/14

Postby Misery Chord » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:20 am

Mercen-X wrote:Judging by the pacing so far, I expect the next page to have Demongo reacting to Chi stabbing herself and we'll be shown some weird shape-shifting thing about maybe splitting herself in two or something. Or somebody will come in and find her "dead" and react to that. Either way, it will still be Aku's place.


I'm getting the feeling it's the former. In order to split herself and to create a piece of herself to control, Chi had to cut herself. If she is going to either duplicate herself or spread her essence into a receptacle of some sort, she's going to have to cause either an injury that would cause her to ooze all over the place or tear herself in two to proceed.

Mercen-X wrote:If they had any true sense of pacing, they would skip that and go on to Grim Castle because they can always come back to it later as a flashback. In fact, the last few pages should have been put on reserve for flashback use because it would have made this comic at least THREE TIMES more interesting to suddenly see that Chi had been stabbed to death. We would wonder why and how. Of course, it still wouldn't garner near as much interest as what's going on with Junior and them, but it would have been something worthwhile.


I disagree with you on this. That would actually be worse pacing than what we've gotten so far. Finally the set up is over and there's finally a result coming from the buildup. Besides, we already know what is happening at the Castle of Grim. Plus no one would be fooled into thinking Chi is actually dead, so dragging on the charade would be pointless.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:39 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: New Grim Tales "Of blood and muffins" 8/29/14

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:39 am

Blood Lord wrote:
Mon-Kitsune wrote:against an ultimately heartless father ultimately caring only about himself

Which the comic has portrayed him in a completely different light, being one of the most caring parents we have seen in the Underworld as of yet.


okay maybe not heartless, but possibly as someone whose love is very conditional, willing to dote on his offspring so long as she is a "good little girl" but enacting the harshest punishment at the merest level of disobedience (see next section)
Blood Lord wrote:
Mon-Kitsune wrote: a logical conclusion is that Chi committed seppuku on Aku's orders.

How has that train of logic been formed?


Because that is one of the more common circumstances where one does commit seppuku, when you are ordered to by your lord (and for the purposes of this comic, Aku probably counts as Chi's "lord", whether or not he actually holds any particular power in this world.) Basically what I am saying is that, if you take the last three pages away (as Merecen-x) suggested and leave just Chi on the ground with a tantō in her guts, one possible conclusion one might draw is that Aku found out about Chi's love of Mimi, and was so revolted by it that he ordered Chi to commit ritual suicide in order to atone for her lost "honor". Or (I suppose) that Chi had decided herself that her love of Chi was "shameful" and committed ritual suicide voluntarily. Though of the two this would seem much much less likely
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1417
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:59 am
Location: The Kingdom of the Tall Trees
Gender: None specified

Re: New Grim Tales "Of blood and muffins" 8/29/14

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:46 am

Mon-Kitsune wrote:okay maybe not heartless, but possibly as someone whose love is very conditional, willing to dote on his offspring so long as she is a "good little girl" but enacting the harshest punishment at the merest level of disobedience (

Perhaps, but we haven't seen any evidence of it yet.

Mon-Kitsune wrote:one possible conclusion one might draw is that Aku found out about Chi's love of Mimi

He already knew about it. Chi was very open about it to him in the beginning of the arc.

Mon-Kitsune wrote: if you take the last three pages away (as Merecen-x) suggested and leave just Chi on the ground with a tantō in her guts

Which you should never omit events out of a story to suit your idea.

Mon-Kitsune wrote:Because that is one of the more common circumstances where one does commit seppuku

I'm thinking more like Bleed and NEK thought it would be cool to do, or its used as some sort of proof to show her devotion to Mimi. It has absolutely nothing to do with the traditional ritual suicide, because Bleedman.

Because absolutely none of what has been suggested about this makes any sense with the characters we have been presented with so far. Nor do we have any indication that Aku ordered her to do it, unless I am missing a page.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18979
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: New Grim Tales "Of blood and muffins" 8/29/14

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:23 am

Okay I cede, I was just trying to riff on what Mercen-x said.


Blood Lord wrote:
Mon-Kitsune wrote:Because that is one of the more common circumstances where one does commit seppuku

I'm thinking more like Bleed and NEK thought it would be cool to do, or its used as some sort of proof to show her devotion to Mimi. It has absolutely nothing to do with the traditional ritual suicide, because Bleedman.


Because Bleedman what? normally I let these danglers pass, but here I'm a little confused as to what you are saying, and I think knowing might increase my understanding. Because Bleedman said so? Because Bleedman isn't Japanese?

I guess the devotion thing makes the most sense. Chi is likely immortal (in the same manner Aku is) and we have seen she doesn't necessarily HAVE to cause herself extreme harm to bleed enough; more moderate cuts seem to generate enough blood (actually with a little practice she could probably get away with that Naruto "bite the end of your finger" thing. She seems to be able to control when she bleeds and when it stops, or she'd already be in pretty bad shape from slitting her wrist earlier) So going though the amount of pain she probably is disemboweling herself is probably a token of devotion, as well as a bit of a risk (the only person in the shrine with her is Demongo, who is incorporeal, so if the servants don't know/are not permitted in the shrine and I am wrong about the immortal/can stop bleeding at will, Chi really has no one to come and save her if this goes wrong.)
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1417
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:59 am
Location: The Kingdom of the Tall Trees
Gender: None specified

Next

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 3 guests