The Eunich's riddle

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

The Eunich's riddle

Postby Bandit » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:20 pm

"Three great men stand in a room: A King, A Priest, and A Rich man. In the middle stands a sell-sword. Each of the three bids the sell-sword to kill the other two."
In the case of Grim Tales, I speak of course of Him, Mandy, and Aku. If Grim were the sell-sword, who would win this game? Why?

Re: The Eunich's riddle

Postby Havoc » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:53 am

Well Mandy's his wife, and I'm not even sure he has any acquaintanceship with Aku, so going on personal preference, I'd say he would most likely cut down Him, because Him is the only one that caused his family any harm.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:23 am

That is assuming he even could kill HIM and Aku. He is not as powerful as other characters based on death. I always assumed his power was limited to humans or at least mortals. I think your mistake was trying to apply the position of the mercenary to Grim. Unlike a mercenary, Grim has allegiance or if you prefer "Death can't be bought".
I just went to find out the answer to this riddle only to find that it did not have one because it came from Game of Thrones. I was wondering why he said sell sword and not mercenary.
Some people shouldn't have an imagination. They just abuse it.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby Havoc » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:37 am

True. Grim's not really a mercenary, or Sell-Sword (he doesn't even have a sword). I was wondering where he got this idea. I never watched Game of Thrones before. But I think a different person should have been the sell-sword/mercenary. Someone a bit more more neutral.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Slendy » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:14 am

Mandy wins, obviously. She'll have Grim wrapped around her finger for all eternity. As Havoc said, the mercenary should have no relation to any of the parties, otherwise bias becomes a factor. So, if you take into consideration an unbiased mercenary, then the winner will be whoever benefits that mercenary's own personal agenda the most. Say the mercenary was Dark Danny, for instance. He has no loyalties to these three. Yes, he did have a one night stand with Mandy, but he'd still kill her if it benefited him. We last saw that Dark Danny wanted to "whip himself into shape" so he'd most likely side with whoever promised him power. I think Aku would be the most capable of this, unless Mandy has some kind of technology she could use like when she de-powered Mimi. With a different mercenary, though, the answer and reasoning will change.
Denizen of Darkness

Postby Hallow Nova » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:21 am

There actually was an answer to the riddle. Basically the mercenary has the most power, he/she decides the fate of the 3, who lives and dies, technically he could make them kill each other. In the case of GT, the riddles can't really be applied for reasons already listed, and even more others may list.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:14 am

So the mercenary makes the king, the priest and the rich man fight to the death? That is brilliant! I am glad I thought of it.
Some people shouldn't have an imagination. They just abuse it.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby Sig Skellington » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:45 am

Hmm, would the answer come down to preference, or who could offer the most benefit...?
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)