Hand of vengeance

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Hand of vengeance

Postby Bleedman » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:14 pm

NEK: So...watched the whole first season of Invader Zim for this, on the second season now. I'm gonna love this ;)
Joe M. :"draw till your hands BLEED"
thus I was born...........

Re: Hand of vengeance

Postby Mr.X » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:27 am

Ok I'm tired of the constant link problem. Whenever I try to go and comment on a comic page it takes me somewhere else. Whoever is part of posting updates/editing/working on this site please fix it!

Anyway, this comic page was awesome!

Postby SantaUltraDJClaus » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:56 am

http://www.snafu-comics.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=56490#p3508214

My argument still stands. Why is he doing this now, why? And why NEK? Why not BR or a new person?
Pro Snafu Mods Supporter 2k14
Just Rockin

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:03 am

Mr.X wrote:Ok I'm tired of the constant link problem. Whenever I try to go and comment on a comic page it takes me somewhere else. Whoever is part of posting updates/editing/working on this site please fix it!

Stop bitching. We're aware of the problem and trying to figure it out too.

Something is wrong with the linking mechanism and it's being worked on when Thomas can get to it. For the mean time, access the forum like everyone else by clicking on the "forum" button on the home page or bookmarking the forum index.

Perhaps if you would bother to leave the Updates section of the forum, and go to the Dev Forum, you can gain a better understanding of what is happening. I'd link it, but I want you to leave this section and explore the rest of the site.

ULTRADJ wrote:Why is he doing this now, why? And why NEK? Why not BR or a new person?

I dunno. I'd guess to advert hate, or attempt redemption. But neither Bleed nor NEK are smart enough for that idea alone.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Drago2552 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:05 am

Invader zim is back. Is he going to incorporate this with ppgd, or is it by itself.

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:06 am

The fuck would he merge this in with another comic for?
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:12 am

Because that would be quality story telling! Why else would he do anything? The quality of NEK's writing skills must be so sophisticated that we are simply unable to comprehend the complexity of his narrative. Why else would Bleed choose him as the writer for yet another masterpiece?
Last edited by ari-6 on Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
2014. A shitty fucking year!
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby silvercover » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:17 am

hmm after seeing this one, I decided to try out this comic... only to see very few pages.

unless im missing like a prequel or something, it doesnt seem like it will affect the story much if bleed does incorporate this with his own verse, as the original has just barely planted its roots anyway. it could also just turn into an alternate storyline like how PPGD and GT are separated.
Romance Expert

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:18 am

ari-6 wrote:Because that would be quality story telling! Why else would he do anything? The quality of NEK's writing skills must be so sophisticated that we simply unable comprehend complexity of his narrative. Why else would Bleed choose him as the writer for yet another masterpiece?

Your sarcasm isn't appreciated right now.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby silvercover » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:20 am

im kinda wondering if we'll reach a point that bleed will adopt all the inactive comics in this site... or at least be their artist.

and well, considering that bleed made an april fools page related to ever after... I wouldnt be surprised if thats the next one once he gets bored again.
Romance Expert

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:28 am

Okay, it looks good as it is now, but seeing NEK is writing this again, and has not even seen the show completely... he probably doesn't know about the things that were going to be incorporated if the show wasn't cancelled. However I like the page, love the head jokes.
CHECK OUT THE SNAFU COMICS WIKI

Postby SantaUltraDJClaus » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:12 pm

silvercover wrote:im kinda wondering if we'll reach a point that bleed will adopt all the inactive comics in this site... or at least be their artist.

and well, considering that bleed made an april fools page related to ever after... I wouldnt be surprised if thats the next one once he gets bored again.

I don't think Bleed will take over every comic on this site. He had the rights for this comic for years now and now he's suddenly working on it again, but he only has jurisdiction over 5 comics (PPGD, SB, GT, IZ, and the Skullboy crossover) unless the creators of the other comics give him the rights, and those guys haven't been on this site for years. As for Ever After, well, that's a story for another thread.

This page may be okay, but it's Bleed and NEK we're talking about, they'll fuck it up soon.
Just Rockin

Postby OrangeBee » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:24 pm

ULTRADJ wrote:
silvercover wrote:im kinda wondering if we'll reach a point that bleed will adopt all the inactive comics in this site... or at least be their artist.

I don't think Bleed will take over every comic on this site. He had the rights for this comic for years now and now he's suddenly working on it again, but he only has jurisdiction over 5 comics (PPGD, SB, GT, IZ, and the Skullboy crossover) unless the creators of the other comics give him the rights, and those guys haven't been on this site for years. As for Ever After, well, that's a story for another thread.

This page may be okay, but it's Bleed and NEK we're talking about, they'll fuck it up soon.

What about King of fighters? Wouldn't that be something to reboot
THE OFFICIAL SHITPOSTER

Exodis: Image us as the Camelot, the guy going as a troll/Krest, and Hiroko as... the bunny.
ShitPoster

Postby The Creator » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:18 pm

I know a lot of people like this page, but in my opinion, there was a real drop in the quality of dialogue. The words just flowed smoother before.

So after I finished reading it I wondered why that was... until I saw NEK's signature.

Seriously, I think I am starting to associate him with Michael Bay and
M. Night Shyamalan in terms of bad work.

This will not end well.
KORRA SEASON 3 IS ONLINE http://www.watchcartoononline.com/the-l ... f-a-nation
let me think about it

Postby MissTikilicious » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:44 pm

I kinda like how this is actually getting updated but....who wants to take bets for when or if this comic gets dropped a second time?
Demonic Ninjas Swag

Postby SantaUltraDJClaus » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:07 pm

I was actually thinking the same thing! Who's to say this won't get dropped a second time after just a few pages? Maybe it won't since it's active again, but you never know.
Just Rockin

Postby athdlg » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:01 pm

ari-6 wrote:Because that would be quality story telling! Why else would he do anything? The quality of NEK's writing skills must be so sophisticated that we are simply unable to comprehend the complexity of his narrative. Why else would Bleed choose him as the writer for yet another masterpiece?

I appreciate your sarcasm.
Forever Noob

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:45 pm

I don't know why he picks up another comic. Aren't PPGD, GT, SB & SB enough? I really want to see more pages of PPGD and GT, but with yet another comic the progress in each comic will slow down even more than it is right now.

And besides don't we already have enough Irken in PPGD atm?
CHECK OUT THE SNAFU COMICS WIKI

Postby ari-6 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:03 pm

I can only assume that with the irkens being featured in PPGD, Bleed must have gone back and watched the series to get a feel for them and remembered how much he liked IZ and wanted to draw the main characters again.
athdlg wrote:I appreciate your sarcasm.

Wait, are you being sarcastic?

Postby athdlg » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:11 pm

ari-6 wrote:Wait, are you being sarcastic?

Not at all, I honestly found your comments funny.

I'd agree that Bleedman probably got a feel for Invader ZIM again and wanted to draw more. What more opportunity than a comic entirely for Invader ZIM?
Forever Noob

Postby ari-6 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:58 am

Yeah, but considering how quickly he made up his mind, how poor his decision would seem to be, and that NEK is writing. Probably the first guy he asked who would have jumped at the chance no matter what it was. "Sure thing mister Bleedman! I've never seen Invader Zim before but if I skim through the first season I am sure I will know it inside and out". Ugh, I am way to bitter about this. Fr some reason I had IZ on the brain just a couple of weeks before the one sketch page. I guess I did kind of get my expectations up without realising it.

Postby sevensoybeanz » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:47 am

This whole thing reminds me of Tom Hulett, and Silent Hill, and how he plunged that series to the ground all because he thought he knew everything about Silent Hill.

Postby Havoc » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:05 am

Darkingdomhearts wrote:I don't know why he picks up another comic. Aren't PPGD, GT, SB & SB enough? I really want to see more pages of PPGD and GT, but with yet another comic the progress in each comic will slow down even more than it is right now.

And besides don't we already have enough Irken in PPGD atm?

Yeah same here. GT, SB, and PPGD need to get to the point, and this sure as shit ain't helping. I have to wonder if this comic will get dropped again, once BR gets better.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Fan_the_Flames » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:44 am

So, I decided to run through the length of Z:MD once I saw this was updated (It took me all of like 5 minutes, so I don't see why I never did it in the first place)

Annnd...yeah, while it's nice to see a comic re picked up and attempted, at the same time I think everyone has the right to be skeptic. One of the major problems with NEK's current load of GT and SB is pacing, with nothing happening over numerous pages. This is compounded by the fact that updates happen once a month on those comics if we're lucky. Adding on Z:MD isn't going to help that issue, it's going to just compound it by having a 3rd comic, one that will actually need MAJOR attention if it's going to reach the same level as GT and SB. So that may make updates on those two comics even more scarce.

This shall be...interesting.

Postby ari-6 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:05 pm

I can understand it taking time to make each page but why do the writers not simply make multiple page scripts at the same time? I can only imagine it would be because they might lose the feeling of involvement If they only do work on it once a month and then have to wait for it to be made.

Next

Return to Comic Updates and News!