New Invader Zim: Hand of Vengeance

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: New Invader Zim: Hand of Vengeance

Postby athdlg » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:32 pm

Oh yeah, totally. Any one of these guesses could be correct at this point.

It's really an assumption, more than a theory at this point. I'm only backing it up with why it's /possibly/ correct. Since you said that Tak's SIR doesn't speak (I probably was thinking of another SIR unit or when GIR was in command mode) then it gives more thought of the duo talking not being Tak and her SIR unit.
Forever Noob

Postby Havoc » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:52 am

Perhaps it's neither Tak/Tak's SIR or the Tallests. Maybe it's someone different altogether. If the first page is anything to go by (i.e. if Bleed is still following the original plot) these mysterious watchers said that "He will used to our advantage" and "He will become a deadly threat to the empire". Maybe they were talking about the Irken Empire. As a matter of fact a bit more of this dialog from these unknown observes, leads me to believe that they're not Irkens.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:26 am

Could be that group of rebels that opposed the Irken Empire. Their name escapes me.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:20 am

The "RESISTY"? Best most likely option so far. Would explain why they called him irken and why they thought Gir was a puppy. I really kind of want to see Tak team up with someone else in this story. Like the resisty or Gaz or Dib. If that random art page has anythng to do with the story, then Gaz and Tak seems most likely.

These are my guess for the voices Image
Some people shouldn't have an imagination. They just abuse it.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:12 pm

ari-6 wrote:The "RESISTY"? Best most likely option so far. Would explain why they called him irken and why they thought Gir was a puppy.

Yeah, them. I believe they are still alive, or one of their members shrunk with their ship after stealing the Massive's faulty power core and it shrunk into oblivion.

I can't think of anyone else. I don't think the Tallest would be keeping an eye on Zim like this either, so that's why I ruled them out, unless the writing sucks more ass on this then GT and SB combined.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:16 pm

Assuming it didn't. Both Tak and the Resisty are around earth after their means of long transport has been destroyed. They could have met and she could have told them about Zim.

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:21 pm

I need to watch that episode with Tak in it. Was she opposed to Operation Impending Doom 2, or just to Zim?

Because, well it would make sense for them to try and eliminate Zim if they are of the understanding that Zim is important to the Irken Empire, but I would think of trying to get Zim on my side, considering the amount of damage that he causes to the Empire.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:45 pm

It was the last episode of season one, my favourite episode. She wasn't opposed to it, the opposite. She wanted to be part of the opperation since she is the best invader and hates Zim for ruining her chance. She would never work with Zim. I think maybe it would make sense to try and get Zim and the resisty together and then destroy them both at the same time. That is assuming her goals haven't changed.

Postby Havoc » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:48 am

So let me make sure I'm up to speed here: The "RESISTY" is a resistance group of various species who's planets have been taken over by the Irkens, but they were eradicated, and now we're looking at the possibility that some of them survived, and are possibly working with Tak; is this about right?

If I'm right about what kind of character Tak is, then I don't think she would be one of these people observing at the moment, since their dialog is a bit too silly for her (again I'm not familiar with her character).

Another thought that comes to mind is that these observers could be OCs. I'm not sure how I feel about this possibility.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:49 am

The Resisty weren't wiped out at all. Who said that? Also no, Tak wouldn't be either of the voices.
I went back and read the blue and purple text in the voice of those two in the picture I linked and it fit's perfectly. My assumption is that there plan was to observe and nab Zim but are instead going to try and take Gaz because, from what they have seen, she would be more useful. Assuming the art page is relevant at all, then it looks like they are using Gaz as a component in some machine. Judging by the visor and the controlers in her hands, she is probably controlling some kind of mech.

If you like I can give you a list of the relevant episodes. Right now only "Tak: The hideous new girl" and "Back seat drivers from beyond the stars" seem relevant. You should also probably watch the first episode too. And the best episodes for Gaz are "Bloaty Pizza hog" "Nano zim" and "Game slave 2".

Postby OrangeBee » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:16 am

They are just really bad at being a resistance is all.

Also, the leaders race were once allies with the irkens
THE OFFICIAL SHITPOSTER

Exodis: Image us as the Camelot, the guy going as a troll/Krest, and Hiroko as... the bunny.
ShitPoster

Postby ari-6 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:12 am

Yeah, Planet Vort made most if not all of the Irkren armada ships. Then once they were built, the Irkens turned round and enslaved vort.

Postby Havoc » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:21 am

ari-6 wrote:The Resisty weren't wiped out at all. Who said that? Also no, Tak wouldn't be either of the voices.
I went back and read the blue and purple text in the voice of those two in the picture I linked and it fit's perfectly. My assumption is that there plan was to observe and nab Zim but are instead going to try and take Gaz because, from what they have seen, she would be more useful. Assuming the art page is relevant at all, then it looks like they are using Gaz as a component in some machine. Judging by the visor and the controlers in her hands, she is probably controlling some kind of mech.

Oh I thought they were wiped out. My bad. What did happen to the Resisty in IZ? So the two characters in that picture have that same sort of silly personality, correct? I'm sorta hoping that the Resisty will have some new members, like Tak or some OC antagonists.

I kinda want this comic to be put into more of a serious light, than what we're seeing here. Kinda like PPGD, were things have been kept true to the original cartoons (to an extent), but the story is more sophisticated, and has been made for a more mature audience.

ari-6 wrote:If you like I can give you a list of the relevant episodes. Right now only "Tak: The hideous new girl" and "Back seat drivers from beyond the stars" seem relevant. You should also probably watch the first episode too. And the best episodes for Gaz are "Bloaty Pizza hog" "Nano zim" and "Game slave 2".

Thank you, that's very nice of you, but I'm not even sure if I would have the time to set and watch all of those episodes, nor am I even sure where I wold find them. By the way, were IZ episodes typically 15 or 30 minutes long?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby athdlg » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:46 am

Havoc wrote:Thank you, that's very nice of you, but I'm not even sure if I would have the time to set and watch all of those episodes, nor am I even sure where I wold find them. By the way, were IZ episodes typically 15 or 30 minutes long?

All of the episodes were thirty minutes; however, majority had two short stories to each episode that were 15 minutes each while a few episodes were thirty minutes on one story.
Forever Noob

Postby ari-6 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:57 pm

http://www.watchcartoononline.com/anime/invader-zim

Try here. It has all episodes except "Gaz, taster of pork" for someone.

Previous

Return to Comic Updates and News!