New Sugar Bits Comic: "Unlikely Hero"

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

New Sugar Bits Comic: "Unlikely Hero"

Postby Bleedman » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:32 pm

Nek: Well talk about an unlikely hero to save the day. But now that officer Warthog is here everything's going to be okay. Right?
Joe M. :"draw till your hands BLEED"
thus I was born...........
offline
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2004 7:37 pm
Location: philippines
Gender: None specified

Re: New Sugar Bits Comic: "Unlikely Hero"

Postby MissTikilicious » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:38 am

So no more bloody violence? I feel cheated...
Image
Demonic Ninjas Swag
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:08 pm
Location: 221b Baker Street
Gender: Female

Re: New Sugar Bits Comic: "Unlikely Hero"

Postby Havoc » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:40 am

Me too. I was hoping for at least one more page of fighting.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1913
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:41 am
Gender: Male

Re: New Sugar Bits Comic: "Unlikely Hero"

Postby ari-6 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:27 am

Really? I was hoping for 10 more. And at least 15 more references and real life references.
I am the MISSINGNO
Current world record holder for the longest case of the sniffles.
Im Making This Up As I Go
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 3003
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:33 pm
Gender: Male

Re: New Sugar Bits Comic: "Unlikely Hero"

Postby MsAnimemangalover » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:19 am

hoo.. I through they going to hurt Ginger lucky officer Warthog arrive just in time.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:09 am
Gender: None specified

Re: New Sugar Bits Comic: "Unlikely Hero"

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:22 am

Okay... it's another page. Wow, a Bleed reference...
CHECK OUT THE SNAFU COMICS WIKI
Image
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 527
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:49 pm
Gender: Male

Re: New Sugar Bits Comic: "Unlikely Hero"

Postby Mr.X » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:10 am

Ok, what's with the constant linking problem? This is the second time in a row now.

Wow, I'm surprised that the guy who got his eye pulled out isn't trembling in agony. If I had an eye pulled out while I was conscious I would be on the ground as if someone kicked me in the groin, but of course much more painful.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon May 26, 2014 8:21 am
Gender: Male

Re: New Sugar Bits Comic: "Unlikely Hero"

Postby athdlg » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:43 am

I think it was more of a slice to the eye rather than Licorice pulling it out all together. Only reason why I think that is because there was not even a shadow of a suspicious round figure with a small string-like material attached to it (a.k.a. an eye popping out an shown within the previous page).

A lot of blood for someone who got their eye sliced...Not sure how big they intended the wound, however; my cousin's eye was sliced with some paper a while back and they didn't bleed--hurt really bad though, many tears were shed.
Forever Noob
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 116
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:41 pm
Gender: Male

Re: New Sugar Bits Comic: "Unlikely Hero"

Postby ULTRADJWEEN » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:47 am

I-Is that an actual character from the previous series? Granted I'm still not impressed, but after half a year of nothing but horse shit, now they decide it's the time to add a character from the previous series, and he wasn't even a likeable character at all, nor was this guy useful in any way during the long fight scene. So, how many pages are they going to waste by having officer Pork Rinds waste on "beating up" or "arresting" them or, since this is Destopia, he'll just let them continue and be on his merry way, making this encounter all pointless, just like the Bleed we all know and love. :roll:
When I have something clever I'll put it here. XP
Just Rockin
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1032
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:22 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: New Sugar Bits Comic: "Unlikely Hero"

Postby Megadon » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:34 am

MsAnimemangalover wrote:hoo.. I through they going to hurt Ginger lucky officer Warthog arrive just in time.

It's not okay. Because if you remember the officers character this might just turn worse, wrong, or bloodier.

Mr.X wrote:If I had an eye pulled out while I was conscious I would be on the ground as if someone kicked me in the groin, but of course much more painful.

Remember she did kick him in between the legs, and from the background pics on that frame shattered one or both of them.

So here's the real question: Is he here to help or is here to get his cut? Here's what I see is going to happen: He sees Boo. Lico blames it on Jayce and his gang. He tries to blackmail them. Jayce does the stupid thing and attacks him. And warthog pounds his face in on the concrete and kills him. But that's how I see the scenario playing out.

Don't know why but in the shot on the last frame, Officer Warthog reminds me of Pete from Disney.
Last edited by Megadon on Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Madness has gone quiet for now. But it's always there and will return.
I'm cured, mostly.
Seeker of truth. Truth of Light and Darkness.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 220
Joined: Sat May 11, 2013 12:08 pm
Location: The Edge of Humanity and Immorality
Gender: Male

Re: New Sugar Bits Comic: "Unlikely Hero"

Postby Fan_the_Flames » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:03 pm

Okay...why the hell is Officer Warthog stepping in AT ALL?

The police in Dystopius have been shown to be completely ass backwards. They'll ignore violence and violently beat people that are trying to do some sort of charity work. It makes no sense for him to be stopping Jayce. He should be sitting on his corner with a tub of popcorn watching the spectacle. And if he's going to join in...which side is he joining? Both Lico and the Jayce crew have been pretty violent so far, and both have been following Dystopius' backwards law system of inflicting pain. He shouldn't be choosing one over the other because both are doing what the world is known for.

You know what? Maybe he's here because of Boobear. Maybe he's stopping this because he knows Licorice killed Boobear, and is here to pin a fucking medal to her chest for killing someone who is nice in Dystopius. Because that would actually make sense with this world. And who knows, maybe that'll lead to her meeting someone who can actually give this story direction.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:57 pm
Gender: Male

Re: New Sugar Bits Comic: "Unlikely Hero"

Postby Megadon » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:53 pm

@FTF Actually they try to maintain some order. They can't have total chaos and evil. Because if that was the case they wouldn't have come to help when BBW (Big Bad Wolf) started to go wild in the middle of the city. Even if most of the police office is in Genie's pocket. In fact I bet that's whose gonna show up later.

Top 3 possible next appearances: Bleedheart, Genie, or Cupcake & Mint.
The Madness has gone quiet for now. But it's always there and will return.
I'm cured, mostly.
Seeker of truth. Truth of Light and Darkness.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 220
Joined: Sat May 11, 2013 12:08 pm
Location: The Edge of Humanity and Immorality
Gender: Male

Re: New Sugar Bits Comic: "Unlikely Hero"

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:39 pm

His name is Gene, not Genie, just wanted to point that out as people might think he is a genie. His actual name is Mammon though one of the seven princes of Hell (or in this case probably Dystopius).

And I can't see Cupcake and Mint fitting into the story here.
CHECK OUT THE SNAFU COMICS WIKI
Image
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 527
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:49 pm
Gender: Male

Re: New Sugar Bits Comic: "Unlikely Hero"

Postby FatexXHearts » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:43 pm

sigh took a sec to find the right link for this tread anyhow a old character appeared, a minor and not really memorable character but at least it's an old character. Such mixed feeling partly glad the fight scene won't drag for a couple but also kinda upset that it got cut off like that
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:53 pm
Gender: Female

Re: New Sugar Bits Comic: "Unlikely Hero"

Postby GTFDB » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:45 am

There should have been more action in this fight, it's great that the police step in before someone got stabbed but it's just not as satisfying if the protagonist doesn't win the battle.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 272
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:17 pm
Gender: Male

Re: New Sugar Bits Comic: "Unlikely Hero"

Postby Specter X » Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:22 pm

Hmmm.... A very unlikely hero indeed. I am 95% sure some weird thingy will happen as long as Lico is around. And there's no blood in the eyes, it's just the gelatinous substance that forms the eye's insides...
I AM DEATH'S INCARNATE!!! NO MORTAL SHALL CHALLENGE ME!!! I AM SPECTER!!!
Dark dragon emperor
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:40 am
Location: Vast necrosis
Gender: Male

Re: New Sugar Bits Comic: "Unlikely Hero"

Postby Guardian » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:17 am

GTFDB wrote:There should have been more action in this fight, it's great that the police step in before someone got stabbed but it's just not as satisfying if the protagonist doesn't win the battle.

Why do you want Jayce to win?

In definitions right now, he is the protagonist, as Licorice/Ginger has been the one that is responsible for the "advancement" of the plot. Which is the definition of the antagonist, thus it isn't always the bad guy. Jayce is reacting to Licorice/Ginger, an action normally reserved for the protagonist.

In the case of who is a villain here, its either both of them, or just Licorice/Ginger.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18971
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Location: Right behind you.
Gender: Male

Re: New Sugar Bits Comic: "Unlikely Hero"

Postby GTFDB » Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:26 pm

I ment Ginger/Licorice, but this problem could have been averted if Jayce had just thought it out and let it go.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 272
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:17 pm
Gender: Male

Re: New Sugar Bits Comic: "Unlikely Hero"

Postby Guardian » Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:00 pm

Yeah, because gangs are totally known for their ability to think things through when attacked.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18971
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Location: Right behind you.
Gender: Male

Re: New Sugar Bits Comic: "Unlikely Hero"

Postby ULTRADJWEEN » Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:56 pm

GTFDB wrote:I ment Ginger/Licorice, but this problem could have been averted if Jayce had just thought it out and let it go.


Yeah, because if some crazy bitch threw a brick at my face, I'd just laugh it off, especially if I was in a gang, who are known to be caring and kind people.
When I have something clever I'll put it here. XP
Just Rockin
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1032
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:22 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: New Sugar Bits Comic: "Unlikely Hero"

Postby Hallow Nova » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:34 pm

Let it go? She through a brick at them, cursed them out, asked them to fight and led them to a dead body.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 5457
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:21 am
Gender: Male

Re: New Sugar Bits Comic: "Unlikely Hero"

Postby Some random person » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:21 pm

Blood Lord wrote:In definitions right now, he is the protagonist, as Licorice/Ginger has been the one that is responsible for the "advancement" of the plot. Which is the definition of the antagonist, thus it isn't always the bad guy. Jayce is reacting to Licorice/Ginger, an action normally reserved for the protagonist.

In the case of who is a villain here, its either both of them, or just Licorice/Ginger.


You don't really classify the role of a character by moments in the story, you classify it in the story as a whole.

The definition of antagonist is merely the character that opposes the protagonist. Protagonists can be the ones to make the plot advance too, that isn't necessarily the antagonist's job.

As for who is the villain, so far there seems to be no villain yet. Licorice and Jayce have both displayed aggressive behavior, and the girl has been quite an asshole too, but that doesn't really make her (or Jayce too) a villain.
offline
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:39 am
Gender: None specified

Re: New Sugar Bits Comic: "Unlikely Hero"

Postby Guardian » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:50 pm

You are reading the definitions as "good guy" and "bad guy", when I'm defining it as plot reactions.

Antagonists drive the plot forward usually with plot devices. For example, evil guy with a doomsday machine.

Protagonists react to the plot devices. For example, good guy going to stop the bad guy from using said machine.

Now, the roles can be placed to either villains or heroes. Doesn't matter. The label is given to who is driving the story forward, and can be the opposition or rival to the main character, just doesn't have to be.

Jayce, is currently an antagonist, no idea how he will match up in the rest of things. But from what we know with this arc, he is a antagonist.

You have to look at story arcs individually, with only a few components from the last one being pulled over.

For SB, this Ginger/Licorice is the main villain, and her agents have been responsible for the movement of the previous arcs. She's the same way in Melancholy, which is unconfirmed to be a sequel, reboot, or a side story. Thus you should be very careful when it comes to dragging what information across. I am combining the girls right now because they have yet to develop independent bodies, and because we still have no idea what Licorice is.

To continue your story idea, people switch roles all the time, and it does matter on what they are doing at the moment of the story. For example, Vegeta from Dragon Ball Z is regarded as a enemy for most of the beginning of the story, and switches from being an antagonist to a protagonist while on Namek. Through out the rest of the series, he rotates back and forth between the roles. Heroes who are usually protangonists can become anatagonists when they create a trap or an offensive plan against the enemy.

   So, your point is null and void.   
EDIT: I'm sorry, I didn't mean to come off sounding so much of an asshole. I was thinking more about this post today and thought it was way too mean, so I'm sorry.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18971
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Location: Right behind you.
Gender: Male

Re: New Sugar Bits Comic: "Unlikely Hero"

Postby MissTikilicious » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:54 pm

Would it possible that Licorice is the Chaotic Anti-Villain-or-Hero in Gingers Ledger?

Also Heroes, Anti-Heroes and Villains aside, Some random person? I really love your username.
Image
Demonic Ninjas Swag
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:08 pm
Location: 221b Baker Street
Gender: Female

Re: New Sugar Bits Comic: "Unlikely Hero"

Postby Guardian » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:02 pm

Anti-heroes usually work in the dark for the greater good, and aren't afraid to step across moral bounds.

Licorice, from what we've seen in this new arc, isn't filling that role.

With what happened in the last arc, I would combine the two, or maybe just Ginger, as a anti-villain. A hero with good intentions, but the means of getting their are evil. Last arc, all the two wanted was to see Ginger's mom again, but that required the death of someone.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18971
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Location: Right behind you.
Gender: Male


Return to Comic Updates and News!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests