Not a splash of doubt

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Not a splash of doubt

Postby athdlg » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:38 pm

It's hard to be patient for Chi's development to flourish when at the same time trying to be patient for the plot itself to continue.
I'm already complaining about the plot itself and the quality of the pages being wasted so I can't really so that I'm patient though, heh.

I'd be happy to see development for Chi along with the plot moving along, kind of just want focus on the plot though...
Forever Noob

Postby Hallow Nova » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:42 pm

It's difficult for them to spread the story as they've done.
The children main characters.
The adults, lords of multiple realms.

It's like there's at least 4 plot lines that needs to be developed and cross together, but I honestly don't think they can do it well.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby athdlg » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:02 pm

It will be difficult, but I would love to see them try their best.
Forever Noob

Postby SantaUltraDJClaus » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:11 pm

It can probably be done in some ways, the problem is is that they aren't doing it right and it's just a cluster fuck of a plot. Chi should have at least more character by now, but the problem is that there are many unnecessary pages that could be used for plot and character development. Just look at the last two pages, wasted for "fan service" and incredibly stale comedy that added nothing to anything related to plot or characters and just cause groans and moans of pain and uninterest all around. By now, we should be like, part way through of Chi being in Castle Grimskull while looking into the Warlords meeting now and then, but we haven't even scratched the surface of this shit. This and SB are prime examples on how not to write a plot, characters, and overall not have and I-don't-care attitude by saying it's just a web comic, it's a story, you work on it with passion.
Just Rockin

Postby Fan_the_Flames » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:21 pm

At this point, I consider there 3 "main" plots in GT: The relationship between Mimi, Minnie, and Junior, Chi's breaking into Grimskull, and the Underworld Council. Now, 3 plots is not a huge amount, and can be maintained and grown in their own ways, while mixing them together. But with the way GT is set up, it's not feasible. Updates are just too sporadic to build a story well. When you're getting 1 page a month, and that page only shows so much, it's not going to happen. I could say the same thing happened to SB, and may happen to PPGD, even though it's much less likely as that comic seems to update regularly.

Really, if Bleedman were to ever take it upon himself to really want to push these stories, the way to do it would be 2 months of each comic, alternating. 2 months of SB with pages each week, 2 months of GT with pages each week, and 2 months of PPGD with pages each week. 8 pages every 2 months, and 16 pages a year could really up the amount of story progression we have. But since I know that won't happen with Bleed's other commissions and other work, I'll just accept what we have.

Postby Hallow Nova » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:35 pm

I think it can be done well. It just relies on careful planning with consideration that updates are irregular, as well as some form of communication between the writer(s) and fans for clarification purposes.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:06 am

Fan_the_Flames wrote:At this point, I consider there 3 "main" plots in GT: The relationship between Mimi, Minnie, and Junior, Chi's breaking into Grimskull, and the Underworld Council.

You forgot Megaville. There's still some shit there that needs to be covered. However I guess this is more of a potential plot. It sorta depends if they wish to make anything out of it, not. I'm really hoping they will.

But I agree with you guys. There's just a lot of unnecessary bullshit that this comic could have done without. We didn't need to see Chi obsess over Mimi so much, two or three pages would have serviced. The rest could have been used to develop her character. Also as it sets, that flashback with Skulker was totally unnecessary. Not to mention the last two pages that were nothing but fucking fanart.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:11 am

Skulker was only unnecessary if he doesn't appear again. Tenshi had the idea that Chi "Ace" will be that she hired Skulker. It makes perfect sense. She isn't skilled enough to break in on her own and has no fighting skills. Her fathers henchmen wouldn't go with her and are useless besides. What she does have is money and influence and a previous connection with a certain bounty hunter. Also it would be really cool to see JR fighting Skulker

I certainly hope they are going to use the Megavill plot, it was my favourite thing so far. It was the last time I can remember being excited for the next page.
Some people shouldn't have an imagination. They just abuse it.
Im Making This Up As I Go
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby FatexXHearts » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:50 am

Tenshi Nova wrote:Yes, but the issue at hand is the fact that Chi's 'start' lasted well too long.

It's difficult to keep in mind that the entirety of GT has had about a week of actual time in comic.
Though we've only had a couple of hours of Chi, the real life time extends well beyond a year.

Yea I did forgot that bit it kinda easy to forget that chi was introduced a long time ago, especially when rereading the comic it feel like she came in only a little while ago

It be cool if Skulker join Chi to break into the castle; Jr. versus Skulker and Minnie versus Chi or possibly the other way around. Will certainly make the flashback more relevant, though if this is the case I'm hoping they don't go into another flashback of what happened after Mimi attacked Skulker.

Postby athdlg » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:54 am

Do you also think that maybe Skulker could be hired by Mandy or Grim as back up, if necessary? To which he fights off with Chi when he remembers the capture was not successful (assuming that was the plan) and then Mimi remembers the flashback once more, wanting to successfully protect her this time.

It's a big shot in the dark, and it's more of a possibility than an actual theory of mine.
Forever Noob

Postby Hallow Nova » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:07 pm

Given Skulker couldn't catch Fenton, Mandy would probably think he's note worth the money.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby athdlg » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:32 pm

True, true. It's a cool thought in my head though, heh.

Even the most useless can be useful, at least that's how I see Mandy's thoughts. I'm thinking she can make use of anyone. So instead of hiring Skulker, or using anyone for that matter in what they're supposed to be good at, they could be be...just a pawn, or as a distraction.

If it benefits her as an end result, she doesn't seem to care how it's done.
Forever Noob

Postby FatexXHearts » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:27 pm

Yea but Mandy doesn't really have a reason to hire extra protection than the guards she already has at the castle, even if she took into the fact that mimi broke in I can't really see her doing that. Side feel like Grim would've mentioned it when he said that he leaving Charles in charge of the kids. But playing off the Skulker theories maybe as he helps chi brake in mimi see him remember the flashback, and thinking he trying to kidnap chi try to fight him.

Postby athdlg » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:42 pm

I can't say I wouldn't doubt for her hiring extra protection and I still think she would just in case. I might be thinking of what I would do though, since I don't have any guards of my own. I'm mostly playing off some ideas since I believe Skulker should at least make another appearance and show his side of he story. Or at all really.

I kind of just want to see him again for the most part.
Forever Noob

Postby SantaUltraDJClaus » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:09 pm

It's not like I don't want to see Skulker again, but people are saying that Chi might hire him to help her. Why? He tried to kid nap her, and although we don't the details of how it went down, he failed and she probably knows, as well as maybe her father, what he tried to do. So he could either be in jail (which Chi could just buy him out or something) or maybe dead. But still, just because we saw him in the beginning of the chapter, doesn't mean we'll see him again any time soon, even as an accomplice to Chi. The reason I saw this is because this is Bleed we're talking about, who keeps giving us pages of fan service and leaving so many holes in the story or unfinished plot lines it's a huge mess. Granted, if he does come back as an accomplice to Chi, I will be surprised, but this is how I feel on the subject nonetheless.
Just Rockin

Postby FatexXHearts » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:17 pm

I don't know, with Chi character I can't really view her to hold a grudge and it also possible that she may view that kidnapping attempt as he owns her now for not turning him in. The only time she seem truly mad is when Mimi concerned, and wasn't she unconscious. That means only Mimi and Jeff, and Mimi can't talk, and don't think Jeff and Chi talk much. So the theory could happen though it still a long shot

Postby athdlg » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:18 pm

@ULTRADJ
I took that into consideration, Bleed being the creator that is, and I tried to disregard that and try to think of the possibilities anyway. So...besides the fanservice, what would you think would happen plot wise, if anything were to happen?

I think since Skulker vaguely appeared, and even with Bleed's track record, I feel like he would at least give an explanation on him in the future with the flashback...maybe. I don't expect an appearance, but it would seem nice.
Forever Noob

Postby FatexXHearts » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:14 pm

so far plot wise only real thing to go on is that she braking into the castle and what happens once she's in ranging from tag teaming with Minny to separate J and Mimi, to fighting Jr and Minny helping her brother out. Though based on how Minny is right now she'll probably either tag with chi or try to kill Mimi in the chaos.

Of course this is very far off since she still isn't in the castle yet >.<

Postby SantaUltraDJClaus » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:42 pm

athdlg wrote:@ULTRADJ
I took that into consideration, Bleed being the creator that is, and I tried to disregard that and try to think of the possibilities anyway. So...besides the fanservice, what would you think would happen plot wise, if anything were to happen?

I think since Skulker vaguely appeared, and even with Bleed's track record, I feel like he would at least give an explanation on him in the future with the flashback...maybe. I don't expect an appearance, but it would seem nice.

At this point, I don't know. Chi is some how going to break in, fighting between Jr, Minnie, and Chi will ensue, Mimi can't do anything without her powers, and I remember hearing there's going to be a fight scene between Jr. and Minnie, so that might happen when Chi raids the castle as well.
Just Rockin

Postby FatexXHearts » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:32 pm

A fight between Minnie and Jr. possible, she not exactly happy with him at the moment and she seems to want Mimi either dead or away from her brother. So if she listens to Mandy advice, which she already is at this point, she'll probably try to get rid of Mimi in some way or another which will result in her and J. fighting. Question what will she attempt to do to Mimi, I'm leaning toward team up with chi to make her leave the castle

Postby GTFDB » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:14 pm

Jr would never fight his sister, he would try to resolve the problem non-violently.

Postby athdlg » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:20 pm

Well yes, JR. wouldn't fight his sister, or at least wouldn't want to fight his sister. But Minnie on the other hand...well she's rather angry right now and wants Mimi out of the castle as soon as possible. I think that maybe, if it'll benefit her right now to have Jr. back and all hers, then she'll fight him in order to get vanquish or get rid of Mimi somehow.
Forever Noob

Postby Hallow Nova » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:48 pm

Note: It's confirmed that Jr and Minnie will fight in the future of this comic. As to exactly when that is, we don't know.
Source comes from a member of Bleed's team.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:56 pm

Is jorama really a "member" of Bleed's team, or is he just Bleed's close friend? I still think if push came to shove, Jr would fight Minnie, if there was no other option. I think he would fight with a sort of mixture of determination (to protect Mimi.) and regret.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:59 pm

Jorama probably knows GT's future more than anyone else near Bleed. Plus, I think half the time he posts, it has to do with the comics.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!