Not a splash of doubt

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Not a splash of doubt

Postby Havoc » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:05 pm

That's true. I once talked to him about GT, and the potential for new characters.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:17 pm

Oh? His OCs? Or others?
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:44 am

I asked him if there were going to be any other Powerpuff offspring, or if Walker had a son. Basically he said that he couldn't disclose that information, but for now, we won't see any new characters anytime soon because they wanted to focus on the ones we already have. So basically, what we've been discussing.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:59 pm

Havoc wrote:Is jorama really a "member" of Bleed's team, or is he just Bleed's close friend?

Friend. But I'd rather have him than NEK if that was a possibility.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:02 pm

Wait, are you saying you would have him be the writer rather than NEK?
Some people shouldn't have an imagination. They just abuse it.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:06 pm

Yeah. Jorama at least has a profile and talks to people. Even though he isn't native in English, I bet it couldn't be worse than the editing job NEK is doing. Plus, it sounds like jorama can at least get Bleed to do things, whereas NEK just says whatever and hopes that some of Bleed's fame runs on his own garbage.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby GTFDB » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:05 pm

GT voice ideas:
Grim Jr.: Sora from Kingdom Hearts 2
Minimandy: Kairi from Kingdom Hearts 1
Grim: original voice from The Grim Adventure of Billy and Mandy or Tsunade from Naruto
Adult Mandy: original voice from The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy or
Adult Nergal Jr.: Father from Codename: Kids Next Door
Him: angry voice from Powerpuff Girls
Mimi: Hinata from Naruto, not Naruto Shippuden
Chi: Sakura from Naruto, not Naruto Shippuden
The Others: original voices from their original shows

Postby Sigment » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:00 pm

I'd rather we didn't get into another "discussion" regarding voices for the GT cast. Feels like we've done this at least three times already.

I'm just hoping all this crap with Chi is actually building up to her infiltrating Castle Grimskull (or whatever it's called, I forget). Wanna believe this page implies that we're getting close.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:09 pm

Agreed. It's a really stupid discussion too. All it does is acts to just prolong the life of a thread and doesn't give people anything to talk about.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:10 pm

Sigment wrote:Wanna believe this page implies that we're getting close.

To me, all this page seems to imply is that Bleed can no longer tell where his fanart ends, and his comics begin.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Drago2552 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:08 am

Hey guys I am back. Bought a poster made by bleedman at anime expo, the twilight princes one.
Love the new page. So I guess chi has controll of making doubles of herself as animals. I wonder how she would use this in a fight. Also we need some more Jr. An Minnie love.

Postby OrangeBee » Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:34 am

I feel like more Jr. Minnie love would take away from the character development Minnie has right now.

But we'll get that sooner or later
THE OFFICIAL SHITPOSTER

Exodis: Image us as the Camelot, the guy going as a troll/Krest, and Hiroko as... the bunny.
ShitPoster

Postby GTFDB » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:01 am

I agree we need more Jr and Minnie love but it should be brotherly love to Minnie because Jr has really been ignoring her and putting all his attention to Mimi.

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:01 pm

I don't think he's talking about love in that kind of sense. But more of "we need to see more of them in this comic".
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby silvercover » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:47 am

Blood Lord wrote:I don't think he's talking about love in that kind of sense. But more of "we need to see more of them in this comic".

pretty much.

I like my chiXminnie, but not at the cost of shafting the previous main characters unless for good reasons like undergoing major character change(ex. main character went rogue/evil, which means new MCs would be needed to drive the plot, assuming the change was meant to be a bad thing).
also they've got more issues and troubles now in the relationship status compared to chi and mimi's. would like to see how things are going back in and what minnie is doing now.

Postby GTFDB » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:57 pm

I like the idea of Chi x Minnie but the idea is a little far fetched. Chi and Minnie have never meet and they would be enemies do to the fact that Chi doesn't like Jr and Minnie doesn't like Mimi. If Chi tried to kill Jr, Minnie would stop her and if Minnie tried to kill Mimi, Chi would would stop her.

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:42 pm

Not exactly.

The Minnie x Chi relationship doesn't have any concrete comic evidence, but it can easily work with the right conditions meet.

For example, if any sort of relationship should form up between the two, be it a sexual one or a friendship, it is going to be established on the principle of getting Mimi out of Castle Grim. As soon as they realize that is a goal, they will reach a compromise that probably exists as a "Mimi leaves, but Jr stays alive."

Now if Mimi's stay at Castle Grim has placed cracks or strains on Mimi's relationship with Chi, or Minnie's with Jr's, such as Mimi and Jr developing a relationship, then there is another foundation piece that can be added to Minnie and Chi.

The entire thing is pretty hypothetical.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby silvercover » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:05 am

oh fuck, I meant mimi not minnie :redface:

but chiXminnie would also be a nice alternative... I believe I stated it before but its not important enough to repeat right now until we get some better basis and potential for it.

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:43 pm

It'd be interesting, but with the way things have been going... Yeah, not holding my breath.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:10 am

Quite honestly, I'm not really too fond of any of the current ships. I could maybe take the Jr x Mimi one if Mimi would reciprocate, and actually show some affection towards Jr, instead of just beating/biting the shit out of him. I hate Chi x Mimi because it's poorly presented, and comes off as nothing more than fanservice to me. As fucked as I may sound, my favorite so far is Minnie x Jr. If you took away the fact that they're siblings, it has the strongest backing. But I doubt Jr will ever see Minnie as anything more than just his sister.

If there is something outlandish like Chi x Minnie, then it sure as hell be well implemented and well written.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby mimimandy » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:52 pm

Ah....
I'm sorry. I'm bored. This is getting really, really boring. Nothing seems to be happening at all.
Too Cool For the Bullshit

Postby Havoc » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:56 am

Believe me, mimimandy, pretty much everyone feels the same way. At the rate this comic updates, we really can't afford to have entire pages dedicated to characters just faffing about.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby GTFDB » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:18 am

mimimandy wrote:Ah....
I'm sorry. I'm bored. This is getting really, really boring. Nothing seems to be happening at all.

You could try Grim Tales Left Below.
Last edited by Blood Lord on Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: These threads are for the purpose of talking about Snafu-Comics, please take any other discussions out and create threads in the appropriate sections.

Postby Sigment » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:47 pm

Well, what I've read so far is... interesting. Uses some of the same characters, but the context is very different. Though we'd best bring this elsewhere if we want to talk about it. As lifeless as this thread is, I'm pretty sure the Mods would prefer we stay on-topic. Unless this counts?
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:02 pm

This does not count. Take it to the Bleedman Section if you want to discuss that comic further.

I do not know how many times I have to keep repeating myself on this, so warnings are going to start getting handed out instead. These threads are for the purpose of discussing these comics, and arguably, the sources it uses. If it is not of the comic, it is off topic and therefore, spam. It is not for the discussion or development of fan inspired works. If you want to start such a work, go to the respective Art or Literature Section. If you want to discuss a fan made work, take it to the Bleedman Section.

If the comic is dry, boring, no discussion, go explore the rest of the site and find something else that interests you.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!