Not a splash of doubt

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Not a splash of doubt

Postby Bleedman » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:38 am

NEK: Okay so yeah I know how it seems but I assure you Chi's got an ace up her sleeve ;).
Joe M. :"draw till your hands BLEED"
thus I was born...........

Re: Character battles!!

Postby ari-6 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:11 pm

Where am I an how the hell did I get linked here?
Some people shouldn't have an imagination. They just abuse it.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby ULTRADJ » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:23 pm

First Invader Zim Manifest Doom and it's link screw up and now this? The hell's going on here?
Just Rockin

Postby konata50 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:31 pm

Chi most likely knows about the council of demon lords and will infiltrate when Mandy is gone and end up fighting Minnie trying to kill jr. and rescue her cute princess....aside from my guessing her hair is so BEAUTIFUL!
The Kona-Squad's sign of approval..

Postby Megadon » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:04 pm

Whether she know about the meeting or not that still doesn't guarantee her success. And even she has another ace or not I'm now to the point that I don't care. Her cockiness is now getting on my nerves. So if she does go to castle Grim Skull I hope she really gets a reality check.

20 says her ace is Demo or another "former" Aku servant.
The Madness has gone quiet for now. But it's always there and will return.
I'm cured, mostly.
Seeker of truth. Truth of Light and Darkness.

Postby Q.U. » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:14 pm

ari-6 wrote:Where am I an how the hell did I get linked here?

How did you get linked here exactly? The comment on this page link from the main page seems to redirect to a different ancient thread.

Edit nevermind, I got it.
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.

Re: Not a splash of doubt

Postby Exodis » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:24 pm

Good work, Q.U.

So yeah, new page, sexy Chi, incompetence, Demo still being the wise, yet under appreciative servant.
Look for me when a new page happens.
Hail to the Savior

Postby 49dra » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:59 pm

And we're back to the loli fanservice. Also, is this the end of the chapter? Cause it seems like it.
Edit: How do I remove the lol face?
Edit 2: Thanks Q.U. for the fix
Last edited by 49dra on Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Havoc » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:02 pm

Usually it says if it's the end of a chapter on the bottom of that page, and I don't see that here.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Q.U. » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:11 pm

49dra wrote:Edit: How do I remove the lol face?

When you post or edit, under your reply box you will see options. Tick the "Disable smilies" box and it will disable emoticons.
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.

Postby FatexXHearts » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:42 pm

I didn't really need another page of fanservice but what ever , hmm this page did really introduce or give new information it was clear last page that chi was spying and know that Grim's castle will be without Mandy and Grim. At this point I just want to see her start attempting to get inside and the meeting no more recap and pages restating what I already know...but perhaps that just me being impatient

Postby ULTRADJ » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:49 pm

This page didn't do shit. It did not move the story at all. Why am I looking at a page that 3/4 of it has a child, a demon yes, but a child, taking a bath?
Just Rockin

Postby Gizmo » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:17 pm

Demo has an amazingly hilarious view of his master. LOL
Give in to the DARKNESS

Postby The Creator » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:00 pm

wow, her hair sure is a lot like Blossoms. I hope this trick up her sleeve isn't just this information. I would like her to bring back some more aku henchmen or repower Demo.

Also I agree with ULTRADJ, there were plenty of ways they could have done this. They could have made this loli picture smaller and gone on to more of what is going to happen on the next page or they could have just not made this be a bath scene. They really need to understand that we are not that impressed with loli fanservice.

Dang, this comic sure has changed, I didn't get this vibe when we saw Mimi and Raven many chapters ago.
KORRA SEASON 3 IS ONLINE http://www.watchcartoononline.com/the-l ... f-a-nation
let me think about it

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:13 pm

Hopefully this page was the introduction to the actual action we are going to get. As it seems like Chi is going to get ready to go to Castle Grimskull now that she knows Mandy, the biggest threat, and Grim are gone. And only the children are in the castle, of which only Minnie would be a direct threat as Junior would first try to figure out why she's here in the first place, or why she wants Mimi, before he attacks her. However when Minnie hear her plan she would most likely help her with it.
CHECK OUT THE SNAFU COMICS WIKI

Postby DarkKing » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:15 pm

I wonder if Demongo would betray/leave Aku if he got the chance. I think his loyalty is only out of fear and because he's to weak to do anything on his own right now.
"The ones who do what they want and
enjoy the most of their lives are the
ones who win in the end."

- Charlie Staz
Bow to Greatness

Postby Mr.X » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:10 pm

Things have been rather slow with this comic, but hopefully it pays off and things will be exciting again. Anyway Chi sounded overconfident and with the outdated information Demongo had given to her she will be surprised how strong Grim Jr. and Minimandy really are. Its kinda like DBZ where Raditz was relying on his scouter too much and he was surprised that Goku, Gohan, and Piccolo were actually stronger than the scouter first said they would be. Ultimately this led to his demise.

Postby Fan_the_Flames » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:09 pm

You know...I'm starting to imagine Bleedman's artistic mind as the cartoony angel and devil on each shoulder when he does GT pages.

Alright, Bleedman, I think it's time that we give a little bit of plot progression here.

NO! More drunken shenanigans, MORE fanservice of explicitly underaged characters, MORE homosexual romance! MORE PAGES WITH NO INFORMATION AT ALL!

You can guess which one wins out more often. It just feels like nothing happens, at all. What sucks is that Bleedman CAN make minimal panel pages work. this looks fucking awesome, it makes use of every inch of the page to make a fantastic moment. This is not a good one. And it's not just because it uses loli fanservice. It's the type of page that doesn't need a massive panel like this, it's not some majestic, awe inspiring moment that warrents this type of space. And this comic doesn't even need these types of panels yet. It needs plot. It has been 7 months since chapter 9 began, and we have gone nowhere in regards to the plot. We have had maybe 1 new development in the form of Jack's sword, and that's it. What is the point of half these pages?

Postby Hallow Nova » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:54 pm

Think writers could have a hand in it.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Everlive » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:58 pm

Call me a pervert.
Call me a pedo.
But I love this loli fanservice! :D :3 <3

So I'm ok with a slow story. I've had a fun time reading it since the beginning.
Heart and Soul

Postby Havoc » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:34 am

Mr.X wrote:Things have been rather slow with this comic, but hopefully it pays off and things will be exciting again.

Buddy, I and a lot of us here have been playing "the waiting game" for sometime now, and haven't gotten absolutely nowhere. Just sayin.

Fan_the_Flames wrote:You know...I'm starting to imagine Bleedman's artistic mind as the cartoony angel and devil on each shoulder when he does GT pages

I've often wondered if Bleed has developed a deadly allergic reaction to plot progression.

DarkKing wrote:I wonder if Demongo would betray/leave Aku if he got the chance. I think his loyalty is only out of fear and because he's to weak to do anything on his own right now.

That would be an interesting twist. I would like it if he got his body back and decided to payback Chi for her treatment of him.

Darkingdomhearts wrote:Hopefully this page was the introduction to the actual action we are going to get.

Something tells me we're gonna have to set through another 20 pages of Chi throwing tizzy-fits and obsessing over Mimi, while the writers use what they read in a book was humor.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:40 am

Tizzy fits? That word makes me smile for some reason.

As for the whole, angel/demon on the shoulder, allergy to plot progression: Bee Are said in the past that any time he obsesses over the story Bleed just says "It is only webcomics". He doesn't read comments, we know this, to him I feel he probably thinks the stories are going as well as they ever have, he has been doing this for a while. I feel certain he was probably just "pandering" with the past couple of pages. We are in the minority when it comes to opinions on the comics.
Some people shouldn't have an imagination. They just abuse it.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby ULTRADJ » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:36 am

That's what I don't like. It may be just web comics, but if you're telling a story, don't half ass it, actually try. Maybe it wouldn't matter, but PPGD has been going on for 10 straight years, GT and SB have been going on for 7-8 years I think. If you're not going to try, then don't make it at all, and don't make it for so long either that it's a decade or so old. All these comics we're pretty good in the beginning, but have deteriorated throughout the years. If he's not going to bother even trying, then why still make them. I don't want to read a story if the person making the story doesn't want to put his all into it. It's a disgrace to all who make web comics, regular comics, or even manga, where the authors put their heart and soul into it to try to make a name for themselves and maybe make it big, or just so people will enjoy a good story that will entertain them. I mean, if Bleed doesn't care, why not work as an artist and maybe a story board artist for real comics that matter instead of web comics he doesn't care about and doesn't put his all into them. I think that is what maybe frustrates me the most. It's good that he doesn't let people push him around, but that doesn't excuse him for flat out ignoring good suggestions when his are horrible, whether he sees it or not. I'm not saying he should listen to every single one of us, but at least read enough to get a good grasp on how you're story is going and maybe make some changes to make it better.
*sigh* I don't know, this is just how I feel, just one guy ranting here.
Just Rockin

Postby CrimsonCreed » Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:09 pm

Ok i know this is in a way off topic (and a bit stupid to ask :P) but does anybody here think that Mimi should have had a brother/sister? I ask this because I honestly think this would be a more interesting setup if Blossom did have another kid who she sent off to live with either Buttercup or Bubbles because she knew that Him would come for Mimi someday.
Nothing is true Everything is permmited

Postby OrangeBee » Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:30 pm

No, it wouldn't be a good idea.
THE OFFICIAL SHITPOSTER

Exodis: Image us as the Camelot, the guy going as a troll/Krest, and Hiroko as... the bunny.
ShitPoster

Next

Return to Comic Updates and News!