Hoes before Bros

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Hoes before Bros

Postby DarkKing » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:37 am

GTFDB wrote:You sound like Shikamaru from Naruto, just be patient.

I've been patient and will continue to be, not much else I can do since I play no part in making the comic.

Tenshi Nova wrote:I know many are hoping for the council meeting, but I feel people are neglecting that the quality of the comic isn't going to change just because we reach a certain point.

Anything that doesn't involve Chi is better by leaps and bounds to me.
"The ones who do what they want and
enjoy the most of their lives are the
ones who win in the end."

- Charlie Staz
Bow to Greatness

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:52 am

I also think they could have skipped this page and immediately could go to either the council meeting or finally infiltrating the castle. I personally also want to see the council, also to see Walker, and to discover who the elder council is. But it probably will be disappointing.
CHECK OUT THE SNAFU COMICS WIKI

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:24 am

There's a lot of pages that could've been skipped, and there's more to come. :c
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:03 pm

That is very true. But although they all could be skipped some of them are interesting too see, but certainly could do without.

Junior son of Grim and Him

Postby Caish » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:27 pm

To me it makes sense if Junior was sired by Him. It would answer why Him took such an interest in the kid's soul, even going so far as to kidnap a child's soul from heaven's gates.
Maybe I'm reading to much into it but Mandy does seem to use only the very powerful to father her children, and Him falls in that category.
Then there is Grim's conversation with Nergal back when Junior was on a rampage. How Minnie's living appearance was a direct side effect of Nergal's influence. Also Nergal stated that he knew who Junior's real father was, suggesting to me that he knew the father on some level.

To be honest, before this I was in agreement with the idea of Dexter being the father but Him just seems to make more sense.
Last edited by Caish on Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:15 pm

Welcome Caish. Have some rules, cuz they're kewl :D

As for your post. Dexter didn't have a strong standing as Jr's pops. The 2 at the top are Danny Fenton and Timmy Turner. Just for future references. :3

I do hope Him isn't Jr's dad though. It would make the whole love triangle distasteful. Excluding moral values, reusing unique relationships between characters would repel the majority of GT's remaining fan base. We don't need Jr to be shipped with 2 half sisters.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Drago2552 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:19 am

If you had a chance to take Aki as a wife would you guys do it?

Postby Havoc » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:19 am

Drago2552 wrote:If you had a chance to take Aki as a wife would you guys do it?

Tenshi Nova wrote:I know many are hoping for the council meeting, but I feel people are neglecting that the quality of the comic isn't going to change just because we reach a certain point.

It's hard not to get overly excited about something when you've been looking forward to it for so long. But you have a good point, and if that's the case, there are other things we've been anticipating that could also turnout shitty, and well below expectations. Like Megaville, and Jr's real dad.

Caish wrote:To me it makes sense if Junior was sired by Him. It would answer why Him took such an interest in the kid's soul, even going so far as to kidnap a child's soul from heaven's gates.
Maybe I'm reading to much into it but Mandy does seem to use only the very powerful to father her children, and Him falls in that category.
Then there is Grim's conversation with Nergal back when Junior was on a rampage. How Minnie's living appearance was a direct side effect of Nergal's influence. Also Nergal stated that he knew who Junior's real father was, suggesting to me he knew the father on some level.

To be honest before this I was in agreement with Dexter being the father but Him just makes more sense.

Actually, the leading candidate for Junior's real dad is Timmy Turner from Fairly Odd parents.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Gizmo » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:54 am

Changing the subject for a minute.Anybody get what Him meant by"doing far worst to Mimi than anybody ever could?"
the one who was born purely out of awesomeness.

Location: On the floor thinking of what else to do with my hands besides draw...no luck yet.

Postby Megadon » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:05 pm

Gizmo wrote:Changing the subject for a minute. Anybody get what Him meant by "Doing far worst to Mimi than anybody ever could?"

Where should we start:
Making her kills her mom.
Cutting off her hands.
Infusing her with what appears to be the pure embodiment of evil.
Torturing her on a 24hr basis.
Making her watch as he killed her friends and family.
etc.
Yeah I'm pretty sure he's done worse.
Last edited by Megadon on Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Madness has gone quiet for now. But it's always there and will return.
I'm cured, mostly.
Seeker of truth. Truth of Light and Darkness.

Postby Drago2552 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:05 pm

We don't have solid evidence on Jr's dad just yet. All I know is most of Jr's genes came from is mothers side, like Mandy's mom has blue eyes and her dad has brown hair. So it can be anyone.

Postby Megadon » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:08 pm

As of now I'm leaving the subject of Jr.'s real father alone. Until they decide to tell us or do an arc to reveal him. But I'll still have my guesses.

It's weird but when the council meeting finally starts I have a feeling that Hades is going to be there as an Elder. And he might be considering technically he is the Ruler of the Underworld.

Drago2552 wrote:If you had a chance to take Aki as a wife would you guys do it?

If I didn't know that she was really Aku then maybe. But since I do know, plus she not going but her other name Ikra, then no.
I'm cured, mostly.

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:18 pm

Megadon wrote:As of now I'm leaving the subject of Jr.'s real father alone. Until they decide to tell us or do an arc to reveal him. But I'll still have my guesses.

It's weird but when the council meeting finally starts I have a feeling that Hades is going to be there as an Elder. And he might be considering technically he is the Ruler of the Underworld.

Plot twist the elder is actually Fred Fredburger

Postby Caish » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:16 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:Welcome Caish. Have some rules, cuz they're kewl :D

As for your post. Dexter didn't have a strong standing as Jr's pops. The 2 at the top are Danny Fenton and Timmy Turner. Just for future references. :3

I do hope Him isn't Jr's dad though. It would make the whole love triangle distasteful. Excluding moral values, reusing unique relationships between characters would repel the majority of GT's remaining fan base. We don't need Jr to be shipped with 2 half sisters.

Thank you Tenshi Nova.
I see your point and I agree that many issues would follow.
To clarify, I do not want Him to be Junior's father, I just think that it would make sense. I don't know too much about the theories behind Danny Fenton and Timmy Turner, but neither of them seem quite right to me. Their both just too pure of heart. And unlike Him, Mandy doesn't seem like she's into the whole corrupting people thing. Between the two Fenton seems more likely, but based on goals, personalities and past relationships I doubt Mandy would be his fist choice for a one night stand. Dark Danny not applicable or comparable in this situation.

You got me thinking concerning the Love Triangle. As far as I can tell there doesn't appear to be anything romantic between Mimi and Junior. I think Junior just feels responsible for her, and make up for the pain that he thinks he has caused her. Mimi doesn't seem to feel much of anything for Junior. When he's around she just acts aloof, scared, or violent, none of which suggests to me grounds for a future romance. Minnie is just jealous her beloved brother is giving his attention to someone else when she feels it is rightfully hers.

Postby OrangeBee » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:22 pm

Darkingdomhearts wrote:
Megadon wrote:As of now I'm leaving the subject of Jr.'s real father alone. Until they decide to tell us or do an arc to reveal him. But I'll still have my guesses.

Plot twist the elder is actually Fred Fredburger

They'd probably do that.

And it probably suck
THE OFFICIAL SHITPOSTER

Exodis: Image us as the Camelot, the guy going as a troll/Krest, and Hiroko as... the bunny.
ShitPoster

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:23 am

Caish wrote:Thank you Tenshi Nova.
To clarify, I do not want Him to be Junior's father, I just think that it would make sense. I don't know too much about the theories behind Danny Fenton and Timmy Turner, but neither of them seem quite right to me. Their both just too pure of heart. And unlike Him, Mandy doesn't seem like she's into the whole corrupting people thing. Between the two Fenton seems more likely, but based on goals, personalities and past relationships I doubt Mandy would be his fist choice for a one night stand. Dark Danny not applicable or comparable in this situation.

I wasn't there for the original discussion, but from what I gathered, these are some reasons for why Fenton and Turner are top of the list.
Physically speaking, Jr's hair resembles their pointed styles. Same eye color when Jr is in his human form as well.
Mentally, Jr shows similar creativity and sense of responsibility. Though this goes into a psychological and physiological argument over whether personality traits are hereditary, it's quite possible that as a fictional character, Jr's character archetype was heavily influenced by whoever his possible father is.
Jr being Mandy's firstborn, her first choice for a biological father may only need to meet a single requirement, that being strength.
I also believe Fenton is more probable. As for how either could've been involved, there's 3 options I've consdiered, likely many others have as well, probably more too.
1. There's the possibility that Mandy or Grim used a 'quick fix' to make the process run smoother.
2. A traumatic event led to either candidate onto a dark path, say the loss of a loved one. For Fenton, maybe something similar to what happened in Ultimate Enemy. To Timmy, maybe the loss of his Godparents.
3. Grim may have made a deal with Clockwork. Clockwork does his thing and makes some kind of paradox, or similar, to allow Jr's conception.

Caish wrote:You got me thinking concerning the Love Triangle. As far as I can tell there doesn't appear to be anything romantic between Mimi and Junior. I think Junior just feels responsible for her, and make up for the pain that he thinks he has caused her. Mimi doesn't seem to feel much of anything for Junior. When he's around she just acts aloof, scared, or violent, none of which suggests to me grounds for a future romance. Minnie is just jealous her beloved brother is giving his attention to someone else when she feels it is rightfully hers.

Based off of Mimi's past interactions, it's clear that her mind is different than the orthodox. She's shown that even before her 'transformation' she had a playful violent way of affection, with Raven. After Him took her, he put her through enough torture to make her a masochist. Mimi also knows that anyone she seems to ever care about gets hurt, no exceptions. Each time Mimi shows affection to Jr, she immediately counters by attacking him, likely to protect him from falling under her 'everyone I love gets hurt' thought process.
Beyond canon, there are ofc many fan shippings, which I'm sure you are aware of. Whether the love triangle exists of not canon wise, it definitely exists for the fans. I'm sure, if Mimi is Jr's half sister, like Minnie, anyone who ships Jr x Mimi would be outraged.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby CrimsonCreed » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:03 am

Megadon wrote:
Gizmo wrote:Changing the subject for a minute. Anybody get what Him meant by "Doing far worst to Mimi than anybody ever could?"

Where should we start:
Cutting off her hands.
etc.

By etc, I'm assuming rape is included. But you know we don't really know what happened after that little flashback of Mimi's, so I can and will assume that Blossom was possibly kept alive for a short period of time, weather to be used as a "toy" or tool is up for whatever floats by.
Nothing is true Everything is permmited

Postby Nina333 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:52 am

The fanservice seemed unnecessary with Chi imagining her adult self on Mimi. Everyone who keeps up with the comic knows that Chi likes Mimi and the story needs to move faster beyond the Chi/Mimi thing. The part where Chi was imagining herself as a mouse was clever to spy on Aku and Him. I'm thinking the Ex queen Him is talking about is Mandy. He's describing someone with a glare and lots of ambition. That sounds more like Mandy than Blossom to me. Aku and Him getting drunk reminds me of the alcohol humor used with Grim getting drunk while testing the sword. It feels repetitive and not very funny. I know everyone is hoping the council meeting will be good but I don't have any high expectations for that. I just want to see Chi go to Grim castle and get her butt kicked by Junior and Minnie.

Postby 49dra » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:12 am

Well, at least we know where Chi gets her..."desires" from.

Postby Megadon » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:41 am

CrimsonCreed wrote:
Megadon wrote:

Where should we start:
Cutting off her hands.
etc.

By etc, I'm assuming rape is included.

Going off subjects here.
Truthfully I prefer not to think about the more darker things, because it makes me hate HIM even more than I already do. I respect Kare as a villain but in truth I utterly hate his guts. I have only one taboo when it comes to evil and he breaks it regularly. Not matter what do not involve or harm innocent children. The only exception to this taboo is if the kids are heroes/villains, something Mimi wasn't when he did whatever he did to her. But that's why I put etc. instead of still listing the acts of evil he's done to her. So again respect Kare as a villain, but personally I want slowly rip out every heart he has. Very, very, very slowly.
I'm cured, mostly.

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:23 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:Thank you Tenshi Nova.

I personally think Timmy is a good choice to be the father of Jr. From what we have seen in The Fairly OddParents the adult Timmy is always pictured tall and muscled (unlike Timmy's father and other adults). I however wouldn't know in which way Timmy could have power. The only thing that comes into mind is that he now lives in Fairy World still with his fairies and maybe Tootie, as they were saved from the disaster in Megaville by Jorgen von Strangle or something similar. And that must mean he has a high prestige in The Fairy World.

Jr. has various aspects that resemble Timmy. For example his brown hair, which looks like Timmy's, as well as his blue eyes when in his human form. He also kinda shares some character traits with him, but like Tenshi said that doesn't necessarily is inherited. And, although more of a cameo, the fairy god parents of Junior are Anti-Cosmo and Anti-Wanda. And we've also seen the Pumpkinator before in GT, so FOP already made some major appearances in the comic.

Postby 49dra » Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:57 pm

Darkingdomhearts wrote:
Tenshi Nova wrote:Thank you Tenshi Nova.

I personally think Timmy is a good choice to be the father of Jr. From what we have seen in The Fairly OddParents the adult Timmy is always pictured tall and muscled (unlike Timmy's father and other adults). I however wouldn't know in which way Timmy could have power. The only thing that comes into mind is that he now lives in Fairy World still with his fairies and maybe Tootie, as they were saved from the disaster in Megaville by Jorgen von Strangle or something similar. And that must mean he has a high prestige in The Fairy World.

Jr. has various aspects that resemble Timmy. For example his brown hair, which looks like Timmy's, as well as his blue eyes when in his human form. He also kinda shares some character traits with him, but like Tenshi said that doesn't necessarily is inherited. And, although more of a cameo, the fairy god parents of Junior are Anti-Cosmo and Anti-Wanda. And we've also seen the Pumpkinator before in GT, so FOP already made some major appearances in the comic.
This theory seems a little off to me since Grim has shown to hate Junior's real father so him hating Timmy, I don't know, it just doesn't add up to me.

Postby GTFDB » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:07 pm

:eek: Does anyone wonder what Mimi is doing with her tail?

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:48 pm

49dra wrote:This theory seems a little off to me since Grim has shown to hate Junior's real father so him hating Timmy, I don't know, it just doesn't add up to me.

Have you seen them interact? Do you know what this future Timmy is like?

GTFDB wrote::eek: Does anyone wonder what Mimi is doing with her tail?

Rubbing her pussy.

Postby Exodis » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:56 pm

Balalaika wrote:
GTFDB wrote::eek: Does anyone wonder what Mimi is doing with her tail?

Rubbing her pussy.

Way to get to the point, Blordy.

I haven't taken my point on this page: it's weird.
That is all.
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

I will persevere, I will resist to hear, I will interfere.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Universal Swordsman

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!