Hoes before Bros

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Hoes before Bros

Postby ari-6 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:21 pm

But I already posted in the other threads I am interested in. I am really just trying to find excuses not to go back to trying to do work.
Some people shouldn't have an imagination. They just abuse it.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:33 pm

I could force you to go back to work.

GTFDB, stop with the stupid posts. We've discussed this many times before, and you were making such excellent progress before.

Orange, your post was funny. I give you kuddos and am totally saving that gif for a rainy day. I'm trying to process what was wrong with your post, all I can see is that it wasn't helpful, but nothing to really be yelled at about.

I would like to see the next post be about GT. Ari has suggested discussion on the Council. There was also the topic of Jr's biological father being discussed as well before the obvious was asked.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:36 pm

Well... You could make me leave (Please don't) But no one can force me to work. Sorry, I'll go now.

Sorry, you hadn't edited in the part about what you wanted the next post to be when I typed this. I wasn't trying to be argumentative. Sorry for troubling you.

I was just thinking that if you looked at who the different Lords were, who is above each one in their respective shows? Maybe that could be used to determine who would be used as an authority figure.

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:16 pm

I think there is a central authority figure and the rest just rule over domains. Like a King and his governors. Technically, all the governors are on the same level, just carry more prestige than one over the other. In that sense, I'd say Mandy is probably the top dog (bitch) in that. But they all answer to a King.

So if there is a central ruler, who would have the respect and loyalty of Mandy, Him, and Aku?
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ULTRADJWEEN » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:16 pm

Well, what I'm curious is, who's more powerful than the War lords that's in this Elder council? Actually, I shouldn't say that, since that we know nothing about them yet, they could be figure heads to keep the Underworld in order in someway. Are they actually powerful? I'm not sure, they could be, but I'm not sure how the totem pole of power works here. What I mean is, does it go like Satan->Elder Council-> War lords and the like? Maybe there's something in between these or there's more to the scale of command and such. All will be revealed eventually (and hopefully in a manner which makes sense) and, well, I also wonder if the Elder Council are other characters that we know of, like, maybe one of them is the judge from Billy and Mandy like I think it was Ari that suggested that? I'm not sure, so sorry if I put you on the spot Ari, but I do wonder if the Elder Council will be character's we've seen before in other cartoons.
Just Rockin

Postby Hallow Nova » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:23 pm

OrangeBee wrote:I know in the show he becomes buff and all but that's pretty much it. She goes and has sex with a bunch of powerful beings but then fucks this above average buff dude.

Mandy is aware of the existence of fairies, given that Jr's god parents are anti-fairies.
Mandy would've probably preferred to have a child with a fairy, but there's more than likely biological problems there.
Adding a seemingly limitless supply of magic to her arsenal wouldn't be far fetched. She could've had a child with Timmy in hopes that it would attract fairies.

Also, Timmy wasn't just any above average buff dude, adult Timmy planned to take down Vicky, who was a powerful and successful dictator. If we look at GT's history, seeing Mandy's takeover is similar to Vicky's. It can be assumed that Timmy was a top soldier, whether for or against.

There's also the theory that Timmy was able to keep his large collection of magical items/weapons. These would easily place Timmy alongside powerful beings.

Remember that the 'future canon' of the original series are pretty much meaningless in GT because GT itself is its own take on what the future would be like if all these different universes crossed with each other.

On the topic of council members.
None of the lords seem afraid of the council. The members could likely be a bunch of figure heads, of no actual importance, but they look important.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:47 pm

If they aren't actually characters from cartoons and just a bunch of cardboard OC's then I think allot of people are going to be very disappointed

Postby OrangeBee » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:52 pm

Hey guys, remember that time chi was getting kidnapped by skulker and mimi was about to attack him..

Did i miss something
THE OFFICIAL SHITPOSTER

Exodis: Image us as the Camelot, the guy going as a troll/Krest, and Hiroko as... the bunny.
ShitPoster

Postby Hallow Nova » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:53 pm

@ari
Never said they couldn't be from other series.
Personally, I'd rather not see them butcher another character from old cartoons.

@Orange
No clue. It was either a memory or a dream from Mimi.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby OrangeBee » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:26 pm

Oh k..

I feel like we're not gonna get an answer from that

You thought i forgot NEK! But i didn't! I never forget! That's a lie
THE OFFICIAL SHITPOSTER

Exodis: Image us as the Camelot, the guy going as a troll/Krest, and Hiroko as... the bunny.
ShitPoster

Postby Megadon » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:43 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:No clue. It was either a memory or a dream from Mimi.

Personally I felt it was mix of both a dream and memory. Dream because she saw and fell it love with chi (most instinct) on sight. Then it mixed her memories of the day Him took her away but replaced certain characters. Replacing Kare with Skulker and herself with Chi. She tried to stop it and got shot down. Either that or it was all memory.
The Madness has gone quiet for now. But it's always there and will return.
I'm cured, mostly.
Seeker of truth. Truth of Light and Darkness.

Postby Hallow Nova » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:23 am

That's a lot of wishful thinking.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:33 am

Sounds like bullshit to me.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sig Skellington » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:40 am

Agreed.

@Mega
I seriously doubt that Bleed put anywhere near that much thought into that page than that idea would suggest.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby ULTRADJWEEN » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:52 am

For all we know, that dream with Skulker could've just been Mimi's wet fetish dream of the night. Maybe another one of her extreme fetishes is to be electrocuted by a ghost hunter wearing a mechanical suit in an ally while Aku's minions are lying dead her while first crush is unconscious as well, but we don't know shit about her supposed "dream/memory" other than it was pointless at the time and still is. At least with the last few pages we do have basis that there is an Elder Council that actually exists and all the war lords must attend, but before they do, they need to get their asses drunk first as shown with Grim, Aku/Aki, and Him. In fact, when are we gonna see Hunson Abadeer get drunk, the war lord of the Nightoshpere and father of Marceline's dad in Adventure Time, and when will we see Walker get drunk while he's running the ghost zone. A better question, why isn't Mandy drunk, it's disgraceful that she isn't.

But I digress, aside from speculations on, well, anything ranging from Mimi's dream, Jr's real dad, and the Elder Council, we don't know shit about shit, and just sit here and twiddle out thumbs and hope this comic isn't as bad as that other one that Bleed should just drop or get a better or good writer for it. ( Aside from PPGD, I have zero clue if Bleed does the plots for SB and GT on his own or if NEK's somehow involved, another question we won't be getting an answer anytime soon unfortunately)
Just Rockin

Postby Hallow Nova » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:00 am

Quick note, I think it'd be an awful idea to wait until the actual meeting to reveal members of the council.
They should at least hint about who one member is now, that way the audience have a better idea of what to expect.
Surprises are nice and all, but their track record for surprise new characters isn't positive.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:09 am

I partly agree with you. Yes, it would be nice to at least see some of the attenders of this meeting, before hand. But at the same time, I don't want to spend several pages watching these satanic councilmen gathering up their keys and jackets. I much rather we spend that time focusing on more important things.

ULTRADJ wrote:For all we know, that dream with Skulker could've just been Mimi's wet fetish dream of the night. Maybe another one of her extreme fetishes is to be electrocuted by a ghost hunter wearing a mechanical suit in an ally while Aku's minions are lying dead her while first crush is unconscious as well, but we don't know shit about her supposed "dream/memory" other than it was pointless at the time and still is. At least with the last few pages we do have basis that there is an Elder Council that actually exists and all the war lords must attend, but before they do, they need to get their asses drunk first as shown with Grim, Aku/Aki, and Him. In fact, when are we gonna see Hunson Abadeer get drunk, the war lord of the Nightoshpere and father of Marceline's dad in Adventure Time, and when will we see Walker get drunk while he's running the ghost zone. A better question, why isn't Mandy drunk, it's disgraceful that she isn't.

I already pointed out the fact that alcohol seems to be an excuse for shitty plot points like Jack's sword turning evil, or this stupid fanservice. It would be hilarious to see everyone at this elder counsel totally shitfaced. But it wouldn't make for a good story.

ULTRADJ wrote:But I digress, aside from speculations on, well, anything ranging from Mimi's dream, Jr's real dad, and the Elder Council, we don't know shit about shit, and just sit here and twiddle out thumbs and hope this comic isn't as bad as that other one that Bleed should just drop or get a better or good writer for it. ( Aside from PPGD, I have zero clue if Bleed does the plots for SB and GT on his own or if NEK's somehow involved, another question we won't be getting an answer anytime soon unfortunately)

I feel like lately, none of these comics have really given us anything to seek our teeth into, other than how shitty GT and SB is. Nothing like that flashback where Mimi was being used by the heroes to predict crimes in GT, or the question as to how Blossom and Buttercup failed to stop the bomb in PPGD.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hallow Nova » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:41 am

Think you misread my post. I suggested that they hint at one possible member of the council.
Just one, no need for more. The one could be used to spark the ideas for others, giving people a better sense of the council.
Also, by hint, I didn't mean a full on introduction of that character. Something simple would suffice, like Mandy, Him or Aku mentioning a name in a conversation. Hell, Chi could even go google it,

This could be accomplished in a page.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby The Creator » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:15 pm

Concerning the choices for the elder council, if we are to assume that they are all from cartoons and not OCs and not the stereotypical masked shadowy people, we just have to look at any of the other cartoons in which hell is depicted.

All I can think of is Lucius Heinous or perhaps Other Mother. But they are both unlikely.

In fact now that it think about it, just to disappoint me further, this comic is probably just going to have that stereotypical masked shadowy league.

EDIT: Shit, do you think we might see those retired monsters from Billy and Mandy.
KORRA SEASON 3 IS ONLINE http://www.watchcartoononline.com/the-l ... f-a-nation
let me think about it

Postby Havoc » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:24 am

@Tenshi: I suppose you're right. It could work that way.

@The Creator: I agree. I too hope these council members will be from various cartoons, and not just the cliche faceless diplomats. I sorta have to wonder how big this council will be, and what the meeting place will be like. Also what do you mean by "those retired monsters from Billy and Mandy"? There were a lot of idiotic monsters in that show, so you'll have to be more specific.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby afhirfearness0423 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:52 am

Bleedman, settle the arguments. What was the relationship between HIM and Blossom. How did it even start. Did Mandy and HIM really have a past relationship, how fucked up was it?

Postby Tuor » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:01 am

Bleedman doesn't really post on the forums, sorry. BeeAre might drop by and help you out though!
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Ryuflare » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:42 am

Oh Gods. I am reading all of Aku/Aki's lines in Mako's voice. Make it stop. Make it stop!

Postby Gizzy Ghost » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:26 am

Hey Ryuflare! Welcome aboard. Enjoy your stay and make sure you read the rules and all that stuff, we have a lot of "Hitlers" around here. And yes....stop reading lines in Mako's voice. please. :brickwall:
My hands can do what they do for a reason. I'm talking about art, people.
http://doujinshidreamer.deviantart.com/
Give in to the DARKNESS

Previous

Return to Comic Updates and News!