Hoes before Bros

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby Bleedman » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:15 am

NEK: Well A lot of text and a lot of fan service so for all of the Chi x Mimi fans out there enjoy lol. Still seeing how “close” Him and Aku, aka “Aki” are in this chapter I do pause to consider their current engagement and wonder; just how would a relationship with a multi gender type being work?

Joe M. :"draw till your hands BLEED"
thus I was born...........

Re: Hoes before Bros

Postby torrasque666 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:36 am

what.....brain huts.... ow.

So HIM has a thing for Mandy? I know she's evil incarnate and all...... actually no I fully understand. Just..... I've seen enough genderswap slashfic to know where this is headed. DASJAJLHFLDSP;DALSCD;WN;NWLSFC That was my brain melting a bit.

AWESOME!

Postby ari-6 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:41 am

That whole "Trade her for a WII" thing kinda pissed me off. Is that something HIM wants? A WII? Really? Some of the banter on these pages makes my head hurt. Altogether better page than last time.
I am the MISSINGNO
Current world record holder for the longest case of the sniffles.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby Havoc » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:50 am

Oh god. What the fuck? This was painful to read. As usual there was almost nothing informative about this page. Also is there anything else that Chi can think of aside from Mimi? No seriously. She sees her transsexual parent about to nail a dude, and her mind immediately goes to Mimi. This is partly why I hate her so much.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Yamitora1 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:01 am

If I remember correctly, Mandy was the "Mayor" with Belem as her secretary before her "death" and by Ex-queen, I can surmise she ruled the city alongside Him.

As for the Aki x Kare stuff, Aku/Aki culture derives from Japanese culture, and in Japanese culture, this kind of relationship is nothing strange and unheard of (well, the gender swapping is a little new but still). I remember reading about sex plays where the "females" were actually men, and these took place in the periods Aku would have been in power or coming into power in the land of the rising sun.

Besides, you are immortal, you live thousands of years...sooner or later the same ol same ol gets boring and you start trying other things to spice up life.

What if...Junior is the son of Kare!!!!! o.O
"If I corrupt you even a little, then I have done my Job."
Lover of Chaos

Postby Havoc » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:05 am

By "Ex-Queen" I think they were referring to Blossom. Which makes me question exactly what kind of relationship she and Him had. But something tells me we'll never find out.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sigment » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:10 am

Yamitora1 wrote:What if...Junior is the son of Kare!!!!! o.O

Then I would lose what little interest I have left in this comic.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Yamitora1 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:24 am

Havoc wrote:By "Ex-Queen" I think they were referring to Blossom. Which makes me question exactly what kind of relationship she and Him had. But something tells me we'll never find out.

Blossom didn't have "Soul shredding glare and limitless ambition" its clear he is referring to Mandy given the context of their discussion.
"If I corrupt you even a little, then I have done my Job."
Lover of Chaos

Postby Havoc » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:30 am

But Mandy wouldn't "Rip Him's Heart out" over Mimi, like Blossom would.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Megadon » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:40 am

I agree with Yamitora, when they mention the Ex-Queen I think they're talking about when Mandy was alive and on Earth. Either her or some other woman that used to rule beside him. But I don't see Kare as having Blossom beside him as his Queen. For all we know the Ex-Queen could have been Hecate from Hercules. But I don't think his Ex-Queen was Blossom.

I truly didn't care for the whole trade Mimi for the Wii bit. I've seen more horrible trades. I think the only one who really got pissed off by that comment is "1 track mind" Chi. But I do like how Chi is still testing her powers. First a cat through the phone now a mouse to spy on her own parent and his/her guess. But still Chi's whole "only Mimi" thinking is starting to get annoying.

I wasn't disgusted by the whole Aki x Kare thing that was happening. As an advent reader of certain unmentionables I've seen worse. Plus Aki/Aku is technically a genderless god that can be anything he/she wants. As long as it's not bro x bro I'm cool. Cause right now it's technically sis x bro. But truthfully what they are doing in this page feels like it's going to start a fanfic whirlwind.

Great update by the way.
The Madness has gone quiet for now. But it's always there and will return.
I'm cured, mostly.
Seeker of truth. Truth of Light and Darkness.

Postby Havoc » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:46 am

Megadon wrote:I agree with Yamitora, when they mention the Ex-Queen I think they're talking about when Mandy was alive and on Earth.

:down:
Havoc wrote:But Mandy wouldn't "Rip Him's Heart out" over Mimi, like Blossom would.

Megadon wrote: I think the only one who really got pissed off by that comment is "1 track mind" Chi. But I do like how Chi is still testing her powers. First a cat through the phone now a mouse to spy on her own parent and his/her guess. But still Chi's whole "only Mimi" thinking is starting to get annoying.

I've been ranting about Chi's one track mind for sometime now. As a matter of fact: just last page I said:

Havoc wrote:I feel like if someone were to shot her in the chest, she would either, 1) not give a shit about this life threatening bullet, because its not Mimi, or 2) because this near fatal gunshot wound isn't Mimi, she would throw a fit about it and start beating up Demongo
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Shradow » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:19 am

Why not a WiiU?

Postby Megadon » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:06 am

My personal opinion why the Wii and not the Wii U. Because most of these new systems including the Wii U suck. Except for a few games, but mostly they suck. That's we he'd trade her for a Wii and not the Wii U.
The Madness has gone quiet for now. But it's always there and will return.
I'm cured, mostly.
Seeker of truth. Truth of Light and Darkness.

Postby Shradow » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:08 am

But the WiiU can play Wii games in addition to the awesome WiiU games like Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8, or The Wonderful 101.

Plus, there's much more to come, like Smash Bros, Bayonetta 2, and Splatoon. And all that other great stuff from E3.

Postby MsAnimemangalover » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:47 am

So, Him ex- queen is Blossom :unsure:
Last edited by MsAnimemangalover on Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:03 am, edited 4 times in total.
Stupid...Kiss

Postby Chaoticgarden » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:53 am

MsAnimemangalover wrote:Who do u think that Him talking about his ex-Queen?. Well, in my mind is Bubbles.

Why bubbles? Who I think Him was talking about was Blossom.
The thinning line between you and my sanity is quickly fading.

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:56 am

This is not the place to talk about whether the Wii U is good or not (it is good)

However back to the page. I really liked this page, is was a sexy page. It again displays Chi's 'yandere' side for Mimi (yeah, I'm just calling it yandere deal with it). I think things like these keep Chi's character interesting and different. Yeah her 'mom' is grinding HIM but yeah she's drunk, and you really shouldn't think too much about your parents when they are drunk. And it is a beautiful bromance those two overlords have.

When I read it I was kinda irritated that they mentioned the Wii, but to think about it, I guess the Wii did exist in that universe. And we've seen other things like the PlayStation too (both PPGD and GT) so it didn't really bother me. And I think that HIM was talking about Blossom.
CHECK OUT THE SNAFU COMICS WIKI

Postby BloodBrandy » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:24 am

Yamitora1 wrote:What if...Junior is the son of Kare!!!!! o.O

Than Junior is caught between his sister and his sister... lol

Havoc wrote:But Mandy wouldn't "Rip Him's Heart out" over Mimi, like Blossom would.

Kare didn't say his ex-Queen would over Mimi, just that she would rip his heart out. Chi would do it over Mimi and would be in oline behind this 'Ex-Queen'
The Ender of Pizzas

Postby chronofox » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:18 am

Were some of you really that bothered over the Wii thing? I found it quite comical in a sense. He said he owns many, many things. So, you would think he had to really scrape at the bottom to come up with something he doesn't have. He'd be willing to trade his daughter for something as trivial as that. That's pretty funny.

Postby Len923 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:31 am

the Multi-gender thing? ask Loki, he should know more. (yes, the norse god. look it up, it's weird)

Postby Shygirl » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:38 am

Chi's random fantasy X3 she's such a cute kitty too

Postby Ergotth » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:42 am

for anyone wondering, "kare" is one of the many japanese translation of the world "he" and "him"

the Multi-gender thing? ask Loki, he should know more. (yes, the norse god. look it up, it's weird)

multigender? weird? pah-lease, he became a HORSE and let himself have another Horse with 8 legs xD I hopethey dont make that in Thor 3 xD

Postby ULTRADJ » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:53 am

The Wii bit was not a problem to me considering how Him tortured and pretty much destroyed Mimi in the first place. I don't think he actually needs Mimi for anything, I think maybe he did all that to Mimi (torturing her, dismembering her, made her kill her mother) all just for the hell of it, because he could. But then again, considering the power she had before he did all that to her (the power that she could detect any kind of evil and the heroes would know about it. I think that's what her power was, it had something to do with that because she was a psychic I think) so maybe he did that so she wouldn't be useful to anyone anymore, let alone detecting evil and such, and now that he broke her, mind, spirit, and body, he thinks she's not worth the time any more, and he just keeps her for the laughs, as a reminder of how much of a bastard he is and how he destroyed a lot if not all the heroes of Megaville. We still don't know how it all played down in Megaville, so I don't know, this is just my theory on it, there might be more meaning behind it and we just don't know it yet.

But besides that, there isn't really anything more to this page except who was the "Ex-queen" Him is talking about. At first, I thought it was clearly Mandy that he was referring to, but after reading some of the other people's posts about how it's Blossom he's talking about, I don't know who it could be now. It could be Mandy since the way he described her sounds like Mandy, but it could just be clever word play to make us think it could be Mandy, but he's really talking about Blossom (even though she's dead, or maybe she's not and Him still wants her, or maybe she is and Him wants to bring her back? I don't know, I'm just throwing out possibilities) or maybe Him's talking about someone else altogether, though that is highly unlikely.

All in all, these are the only two things I could talk about this page and try to expand on and give my opinion. The whole daydream of Chi thinking about her older self and older Mimi, whatever, we already know she's obsessed with Mimi to maybe the point anything she sees it's going to be Chi and Mimi together, but it's not like we needed conformation on this or anything. It's better than Sugar Bits, but by only barely as it has very few pages that moves the story forward, but it all still feels like a bad fan fiction brought to life by a comic, as it believes showing it in fancy drawings can make the story better when it doesn't. You can try to cover shit up, but the smell will still rise one way or the other.
When I have something clever I'll put it here. XP
Just Rockin

Postby FatexXHearts » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:11 pm

Page wise this was actually pretty nice, grated we didn't learn anything new per se. But we did see more of what Him and Aku relationship like, and that perfectly fine for me. I think more than anything this page was to transition back to Chi so we see what she's up to and hopefully how she'll be breaking into the castle.
Havoc wrote: Also is there anything else that Chi can think of aside from Mimi? No seriously. She sees her transsexual parent about to nail a dude, and her mind immediately goes to Mimi. This is partly why I hate her so much.

You must not like yandere because that pretty much what chi is. For yanderes like chi their motto is pretty much 'nothing else matters but (insert love interest name)' . Chi kinda of interest character though she has a clear and definite personality and with the flashback arc we saw that she did have a life that wasn't focused on Mimi previously. On a side note, Chi doesn't really have a reason to think much about her parent nailing another guy,I imagine that for her this isn't exactly a rare event somehow.

Postby Mimi_Fan_Girl » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:21 pm

I had to reread this page like five times to understand who was the ex-queen and I thought it was Blossom but I remember that they were never married(but that doesn't' matter does it?) then I thought it was Mandy because he just described her but it was only because Aku/Aki asked why mess with, and/or take away, something that belongs only to death. He just has a thing for her or they did had a relationship before she married Grim, I mean Mandy is a whore and Him is a man-whore so it could be just for sex or a partnership that went sour. Maybe that's why she hates him so much.

As for Him being Juniors father I soooooo hope not. Then there be nothing but incest and Minnie would be even angrier with Mimi and besides Junior looks nothing like Him. And lay off on the Wii joke, it was just an example get over it.

Next

Return to Comic Updates and News!