Exopolitical Diplomacy

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Exopolitical Diplomacy

Postby Megadon » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:09 am

No I say both live, but Irkens get beat hard, and the Dark Star Legion retreat because Vexas is critically injured.
The Madness has gone quiet for now. But it's always there and will return.
I'm cured, mostly.
Seeker of truth. Truth of Light and Darkness.

Postby Hallow Nova » Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:09 am

I say Vexus wins this. I can't really see purpose to the Irkens winning.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Raulosification » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:35 pm

I expect that his plan would fail and they will get some asswhoppin :roll:
''A friend is one who has the same enemies as you have.''
The Mighty Death

Postby GTFDB » Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:09 pm

20 points on deviantART, says that the tallest are going to lose this battle.

Postby midochiku » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:07 am

Aw yeaaah, robots vs aliens. Or would it technically be aliens vs aliens? Both forces command large amounts of troops, weaponry, and resources. Looks like its a battle of intelligence here, and as others have stated, Vexen has a higher chance of winning. I was actually looking forward to the Irkens showing their military prowess which allowed them to get so powerful in the first place, but oh well.
Captain Marvel

Postby Havoc » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:59 am

I seriously doubt the Irkens are gonna win this. I kinda hope the Irkens send in that giant robot Ari mentioned. But still the main question on my mind is, what does Vexus want with them?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:12 am

If we're going this far off of the main part of the story, it has to be for a good reason.

Something here is (more likely than not) going to drastically affect the main story.

As for which side is going to win, it seems rather obvious. Almost too obvious. The Irkens seem almost laughably inept.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Sigmas » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:02 am

Hmm... Can't decide if I'd be pleasantly surprised or rather disappointed if the Irken Tallest won this skirmish.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:25 am

Havoc wrote:I seriously doubt the Irkens are gonna win this. I kinda hope the Irkens send in that giant robot Ari mentioned. But still the main question on my mind is, what does Vexus want with them?

Would be interesting if they summon a giant robot. Maybe then we also see how Vexus gets all of her robot minions, maybe she has a special device to make them her minions or a special chip. Because it's weird that the Mighty Orbots and the Wheeled Warriors are also in her army.
CHECK OUT THE SNAFU COMICS WIKI

Postby Megadon » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:39 pm

Darkingdomhearts wrote: Would be interesting if they summon a giant robot. Maybe then we also see how Vexus gets all of her robot minions, maybe she has a special device to make them her minions or a special chip. Because it's weird that the Mighty Orbots and the Wheeled Warriors are also in her army.

I can see her using a control device on orbots and wheel warriors, but I seriously don't see that working on Proto. That's one reason why he's so dangerous and strong: he's beyond control. Dr. Kamikaze found that out the hard way when Proto almost completely destroyed Kaze-Land and him.
midochiku wrote:Aw yeaaah, robots vs aliens. Or would it technically be aliens vs aliens? Both forces command large amounts of troops, weaponry, and resources. Looks like its a battle of intelligence here, and as others have stated, Vexen has a higher chance of winning. I was actually looking forward to the Irkens showing their military prowess which allowed them to get so powerful in the first place, but oh well.

Personally I don't truly care who wins. So long as we get to see Proto full activated, and Vexas suffers or is destroyed in the process. Preferably by Proto's hands.
The Madness has gone quiet for now. But it's always there and will return.
I'm cured, mostly.
Seeker of truth. Truth of Light and Darkness.

Postby BeeAre » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:53 pm

Megadon: what makes Protoboy beyond control?
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Havoc » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:54 am

Birdofterror wrote:If we're going this far off of the main part of the story, it has to be for a good reason.

Something here is (more likely than not) going to drastically affect the main story.

I'm really having a hard time seeing how anything here could significantly alter the main plot. Unless that Irken Flagship has some sort of device that would effect the Bomb's function in someway.

Darkingdomhearts wrote:
Havoc wrote:I seriously doubt the Irkens are gonna win this. I kinda hope the Irkens send in that giant robot Ari mentioned. But still the main question on my mind is, what does Vexus want with them?

Would be interesting if they summon a giant robot. Maybe then we also see how Vexus gets all of her robot minions, maybe she has a special device to make them her minions or a special chip. Because it's weird that the Mighty Orbots and the Wheeled Warriors are also in her army.

I really don't know why Vexus has so many good guy robots working for her like Optimist Prime. I wonder if this will be addressed in the story. As for the fight scene: Part of me would like to see a good villain vs villain robot fight, but at the same time, we all the longevity of fights in Bleed's comics, and I would soon rather see some other things like the main plot and Jack's story.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:36 am

Havoc wrote:I'm really having a hard time seeing how anything here could significantly alter the main plot. Unless that Irken Flagship has some sort of device that would effect the Bomb's function in someway.
So, is this going to be another "Atomic Betty" thing where we get this huge plot point that essentially boils down to nothing?

I THINK NOT! I think it's all about to tie together in a huge incredibly intelligent plot twist that BR has been working on for countless nights! A plot worth plotting!
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Kalabar_frost » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:26 am

I hope the Tallest put the cluster down. Then after the fleet gets back they fly away in some random direction, having defended their title as the "All Mighty Tallest" but in the grand scope of things not really standing in the way of the main plot. Leaving the Cluster like "That happened, we shall never speak of it again and move on like it didn't happen" Cause after all they are, The Tallest. They conquer galaxies! but who's only real purpose is to illustrate the fact that Zim is the annoying little runt that no one takes seriously.
My vote is for the tallest.

Postby Tortwag » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:52 am

BeeAre wrote:Megadon: what makes Protoboy beyond control?

When he was made, a huge mistake apparently gifted with this wild desire to destroy everything. So... See him a bit like Broly from DBZ, AKA the kind of over-powered force you cannot control. Even if you manage to get him under your shoe for a while, he will eventually snap.

If he wasn't with Vexus I would've probably bet on the Irkens, but... With a possible Super-Activation on Vexus' side, I don't think they can top it. The dude's not invincible, but strong and very, very persistent. And I really wonder how the heck she got him on her side, since he was destroyed beyond repair last time I saw him. Same for the Orbot, where the heck did she get that thing? She had to deal with an entire Human spacial alliance to get it, and if she didn't, how was it stolen?

Darn, I can't wait to discover all this.
Crazy is as crazy does

Postby Hallow Nova » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:38 am

Welcome Frost! Please read our rules and notes, and we hope for you to enjoy your time with us! :D

Havoc wrote:
Birdofterror wrote:If we're going this far off of the main part of the story, it has to be for a good reason.

I'm really having a hard time seeing how anything here could significantly alter the main plot. Unless that Irken Flagship has some sort of device that would effect the Bomb's function in someway.

I've mentioned it in another thread, but it's possible that this arc will tell us what Earth will be 'waking up' to, post bomb.

@Tortwag
I thought Proto was reprogrammed to be evil?
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tortwag » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:47 am

@Tenshi He was, yes, but Kamikazi (generic evil scientist) unleashed that destroying desire by messing with his circuits, although he was originally incomplete because he lacked humanity and liked fighting.
Crazy is as crazy does

Postby Hallow Nova » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:08 pm

I'm not sure if that makes Proto beyond control. Maybe harder to control.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tortwag » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:17 pm

@Tenshi Well he has shown being able to outsmart genius scientists a few times, outmaneuver Robotboy in terms of fighting skills and building up his own fortress. His intelligence and profound desire to destroy are certainly the 2 main things that make him... Maybe not beyond control since he can be reprogrammed, but very near this state. Kamikazi's first reprogram permanently affected him.
I think his situation is similar to Metal Sonic being known for being rebellious (well, depending on the version)

The Orbot however is supposed to be controlled by a team of human pilots and can only function that way, so I still wonder what Vexus did to get those 2 on her side.
Crazy is as crazy does

Postby Hallow Nova » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:50 pm

Doesn't seem difficult to replace the pilots with her own minions.

Idk much about RobotBoy, so I can't really say much else -.-'
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tortwag » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:58 pm

@Tenshi Good point, I tend to forget she has those lol I still wonder how she stole it though, 'cause that's not the only massive gundam-like robot they have. I really hope for her she doesn't have the whole human alliance looking for her. She can defend herself, but too many enemies is never good.

It's alright! I lack infos about Vexus anyways, but Internet is a trusty friend. And normally we'll have the chance to watch ProtoBoy in action very soon, so info dump is there too. The Irkens better do a good job slowing him down if they want to survive.
Crazy is as crazy does

Postby Drago2552 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:35 pm

A new challenger has appeared.

Postby SantaUltraDJClaus » Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:53 pm

Personally, I don't think it will be explained (or at least explained properly) on how Vexas got all her robot toys such as the Orobots and Protoboy, since it would maybe take too long to explain how Dr. X got all those robots in the first place, since from previous pages it's implied he stole them first then gave them to Vexus. I guess you could say they were all in some kind of storage, like where the scientists took refuge when the bomb went off, and Dr. X just took them, reprogram them, and made the alliance with Vexas and gave all the robots to her for her goals. I just don't want another long explanation on how some of the robots got taken away from their original pilots then we have to see them in the story some how making it more crowded in the comic than it should be, so I'm just going with Dr. X hijacked the machines and gave to Vexus as part of the alliance, nothing more and nothing less.
Pro Snafu Mods Supporter 2k14
Just Rockin

Postby BeeAre » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:25 pm

Ponder the significance of "The Forgotten" as design concepts from Bleedman's perspective. It's an excuse to draw characters who have not been utilized in a long time.

There will be a suitable explanation to satisfy the strangeness of the collection, but that's about as much as I feel is necessary, considering my artist friend's predisposition.

Given that: Protoboy and any other Forgotten demonstrated here absolutely IS subject to Vexus' hierarchical control.

I will make a note of his lust for destruction, to perhaps be showcased a little later on--the more important players in this scene are Vexus and the Tallest.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby GTFDB » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:15 pm

Does anyone else want Protoboy to go super activate?

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!