Close Cut Call

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Close Cut Call

Postby Havoc » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:39 pm

Quite honestly, I'm not convinced. Yes she's close to Aku, who he himself has lead, but I really haven't seen anything that proves Chi's ability/inability to lead. She's suppose to be the successor to Aku's empire, but once I think about it, I haven't seen anything that demonstrates this. For all the fucking time Chi's taken up in this comic, they could have at least given some insight into this matter.

silvercover wrote:if mimi doesnt join them, or if she's "forced" to stay with him(like cause she's in danger and he's there to help, or chi has her hands full of something else and junior's the only other person available) and isnt really in good terms/friendly with him, then I can see chi not giving a shit about him. she'd just more or less ignore whatever he says and does whatever she wants, thus there being no real rivalry here.

id prefer the latter to happen. you guys already know about how much I favor chi, right? well I consider one of those scenarios I wrote the way to cement chi as a protagonist, of her own route of course. having 2 protagonist is my ideal outcome.
I dont want to see chi being turned into just another girl that gets involved with junior, which is how it would likely go if chi joins the group. chi would just become another side character instead of a main one, as her overall importance to the protagonist(junior) is pretty small.

I partially agree with you. Having Chi become just another girl shadowing Jr, would be predictable and boring. However I would like it if she had some character development. As it sets Chi has almost no dept as a character. As a matter of fact: I feel like if someone were to shot her in the chest, she would either, 1) not give a shit about this life threatening bullet, because its not Mimi, or 2) because this near fatal gunshot wound isn't Mimi, she would throw a fit about it and start beating up Demongo.

Tenshi Nova wrote:I'm saying that Chi is better than Jr and Minnie. Maybe not by the margin you seem to place on the matter, but the only way I see them beating Chi is by teaming up against her AND having something else to boost their side. Disliking a character is no reason to make them weak or pathetic against the protagonists.

Also, I never said Chi would be a good leader, just a leader.
Ari basically summed up what I meant when I said leader. Chi in terms of development overall, is closer to Aku than Jr is to Grim, or Minnie is to Mandy(course Minnie needs to be retested). I'm not saying Chi is anywhere near ready to be a leader, but neither is Jr or Minnie.

Like I said, I know I have some preconceived notions here, but the thing is her being stronger than the main characters would only work in a few key scenarios. One being that she's an antagonist that beats Jr or Minnie, so that later on, they would get stronger, come back, and defeat her. The second option I can come up with is if she was the type of character that would mentor/train the main character(s), so they can become stronger. That's all I can come up with for now.

Frankly, I'm not seeing either one of those. Matter of fact, I'm not sure where the fuck Chi's character is going at this point. But if she is going to share a common enemy with Jr and Minnie, then its better if her strength is at least on the same level as them.

Megadon wrote:And I've never stopped thinking about it) Who is Jr.'s real maternal father?

I think you mean "biological father". Because "real maternal father" is both redundant, and not a real thing.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:43 pm

@mega
Besides their individual personalities, their physical capabilities can only be compared to their predecessors. Chi wouldn't be able to do anything against Jr if her powers didn't develop. You've stated that the new generation tends to be respectively stronger than the older one. They still haven't surpassed their predecessors, but with Chi likely being physically capable to do so, she has that above the others.

@Havoc
Again, you seem like you're implying that Chi would be a god leader, or ready to take Aku's place to lead her own realm. It's not on that scale. In a small group of kids, Chi would be the bossy type. She's not their role model or their idol, she's just annoying and bossy.
Hypothetically, if Chi was friends with the Grims, she'd order Jr to get snacks while she played with Minnie. Jr being nice, would go get some snacks for them all.

I'm tired of having the topic of Chi's powers being discussed, everyone on a side is too adamant to change their minds.
Frankly, the writers will do what they want, and the comic isn't worth this much effort anymore.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Megadon » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:45 pm

I'm not truly on a side when it comes to a matter of whose powers are better. I'm just saying you are thinking too highly of Chi and her powers because of what she's done with them so far. Personally I want to see her develop more in both powers and character before we decide who is stronger out of the 3 main Under-Children of this Arc. I'll admit I'm impressed with her ingenuity and the way she experimented with her powers after just recently discovering them. But again 2 acts of shape-shifting (which she didn't control, they just activated on emotions) and an act of spiritual separation/transference is not enough to truly say she's stronger. I'm not saying the Grim Children are stronger, and I'm not saying she's stronger. All I'm saying is that's it's a little too early to decide. The only advantage the Grim Children have over Chi is battle experience and that's it. Besides that I leave all 3 of them on equal terms.
The Madness has gone quiet for now. But it's always there and will return.
I'm cured, mostly.
Seeker of truth. Truth of Light and Darkness.

Postby Havoc » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:45 am

@Tenshi: Yeah I feel the same way. I sorta burnt myself out on the subject after constructing that colossal wall-o-text.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:33 pm

Whoa am I in the twilight zone? What's with the new gold members?

Did I miss another draft?

Edit: Man I've been out of it lately. I need to keep my head in the game. Yeah, I saw the new thread now.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Previous

Return to Comic Updates and News!