Close Cut Call

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby Bleedman » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:02 pm

NEK: Whew,almost thought Grim had dug his own grave for a moment there O.O. Well looks like wars not official yet and a meeting of the Underworlds Dark Lords is coming to pass first. Makes you wonder who's gonna be there >3
Joe M. :"draw till your hands BLEED"
thus I was born...........

Re: Close Cut Call

Postby ULTRADJ » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:20 pm

I took one look at this page and I hated it. Don't ask me why, I just did. Reading the page, actually piqued my curiosities a bit. We'll get to see all the warlords soon, I hope, like, maybe sometime this year? Even that maybe asking for much. The war should just happen already instead of dragging this out. They'll go the meeting, I don't know what will happen or who the Elder Council is. Maybe Him will pull a bull shit move and kill all the elders because knowing this story, terrible story telling like that can happen here. Speaking of shit, we see the word "shit" here uncensored but Sugar Bits gets the censored- you know I'm not even getting into that for now, let's just focus on this "interesting" story and plot for now, shall we?
When I have something clever I'll put it here. XP
Just Rockin

Postby YesterdaysLingo » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:26 pm

The faster Grim, Mandy, and Minnie get out of the castle, the sooner Chi can get into the castle as well my interest for GT to return.
Flerp flerps

Location: That one place where those people live. You know the one.

Postby ari-6 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:34 pm

Didn't you see?. Jr and Minnie are staying home. This will be where Che runs in to one them. And then while the Underlords are away trying to prevent war, their children will be home starting war.
I am the MISSINGNO
Current world record holder for the longest case of the sniffles.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby FatexXHearts » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:34 pm

I actually thought the page looked rather nice. It looks like while Mandy and Grim are at the meeting Chi going to break in so that probably why they're dragging it out. To get the right timing for when Chi breaks in. And in Grim Tales defense censoring never be a issue, heck they called Mandy bitch several time, the censorship seems to only be for SugarBits.

On a side note does Mandy words seem kinda odd, she doesn't strike me as the type to care about Him showing up just to talk to the Elders and other Lords. Get the feeling that she going to doing something during the meeting maybe even kill the Elders and Him, but I'm getting ahead of myself.

Postby Sigment » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:43 pm

Well, at least Mandy's face looks better than the last page.

ULTRADJ wrote:Speaking of shit, we see the word "shit" here uncensored but Sugar Bits gets the censored- you know I'm not even getting into that for now, let's just focus on this "interesting" story and plot for now, shall we?

Someone (Tenshi, I think) in one of the Melancholy threads stated the idea (basing it on NEK's author's comments) that NEK has less influence on GT than on Melancholy. If it's true, and it has anything to do with the censorship, then evidently the more influence he has with something, the shittier it gets.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby shadownerd221 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:51 pm

Well looks like they are leaving. I wonder what might happen? I shall wait for the next page to find out.

Postby GTFDB » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:07 pm

ari-6 wrote:Didn't you see?. Jr and Minnie are staying home. This will be where Che runs in to one them. And then while the Underlords are away trying to prevent war, their children will be home starting war.

Which one will Chi run into, Minnie, the revived ragdoll with deadly sword skill, incredible archry accuracy, and a bad attitude or Jr., the boney mamas boy with a living parasite that grants him great power and friendly attitude to make friends instead of war. WHO WILL IT BE?!?!?!?!

Postby Havoc » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:23 pm

Well this page was so-so. However I still think this up coming war is rather uninteresting. Like someone said before: this upcoming war has fuck-all to do with any of our main cast (or Megaville) atm.

I have to agree with Sigment, Mandy's face looks a lot better in this page than it did in the last one, but she still looked sorta funny in the second panel. Speaking of which; in the second panel, Grim made some interesting remarks about Jack's sword, like it was a reminder of something problematic.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Megadon » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:47 pm

GTFDB wrote:
ari-6 wrote:Didn't you see?. Jr and Minnie are staying home. This will be where Che runs in to one them. And then while the Underlords are away trying to prevent war, their children will be home starting war.

Which one will Chi run into, Minnie, the revived ragdoll with deadly sword skill, incredible archry accuracy, and a bad attitude or Jr., the boney mamas boy with a living parasite that grants him great power and friendly attitude to make friends instead of war. WHO WILL IT BE?!?!?!?!

You forget that momma's boy has a beast inside him, and is slowly getting better at using it. Truthfully if Chi invades it feels like its going to be more about Jr. growing a backbone and fighting for real. Like he was about to do against his mother earlier or when he was planning on fighting the redeemer.
Havoc wrote: Speaking of which; in the second panel, Grim made some interesting remarks about Jack's sword, like it was a reminder of something problematic.

No it looks like when it comes to Jack sword it goes deeper than that. To past that it looks like Mandy wound rather keep buried. Now I really want to know more about her past that Jack's sword reminds her of.
Last edited by Megadon on Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Madness has gone quiet for now. But it's always there and will return.
I'm cured, mostly.
Seeker of truth. Truth of Light and Darkness.

Postby MsAnimemangalover » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:37 am

I think Chi will train first before she go to the castle de grim.... Ooh i can't wait to see the next page.... Who could that be the elder council that will come in the meeting?. I think Him will not come, you know. Mandy still mad at him.
Stupid...Kiss

Postby Megadon » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:59 am

My best guess on the elder council are Clockwork, Hunsinabadir's dad (if one exist or it's fan made), and any other, probably, previous ruler before the current overlord. It'd be funny if Shindu from Jackie Chan was there as well.
I'm cured, mostly.

Postby silvercover » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:18 am

finally, something worth talking about.

anyways now, it seems like all the underworld lords will make their appearance, and we'll probably know about that other realm(or two?) that was mentioned during the intro of this arc. depending on who can make this one more interesting, perhaps the other lord would be just as opportunistic like HIM and might become a 3rd party in the upcoming conflict between mandy and HIM, using their fight as distraction or take advantage of it to get what he wants.

Postby Nina333 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:08 pm

I liked this page. It was less silly than the other page with Grim being drunk and talking about puppies. Him seems to be having some happy side effects from whatever he is drinking. Now, I'm ready for the meetings with the other lords to happen.

Postby Megadon » Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:22 pm

MsAnimemangalover wrote:I think Chi will train first before she go to the castle de grim.... Ooh i can't wait to see the next page.....

Naw. Chi feels like the spoiled arrogant type who thinks just because she unlocked her powers that she's unstoppable. And if she does pull that she's going to get a rude awakening when she faces either Mini or Jr. Mini who has been training like crazy out of jealousy and worry, and Jr. who's slowly mastering and befriending with his nergal powers. We've seen Mini's combat skills on several occasions. Plus we've seen how Jr. is out of control. Imagine how strong he is now, now that he's mostly in control. In truth I don't think Chi stands a chance against either one of the kids, and barely a chance again Pain himself. But like say can't wait to see and find out.
I'm cured, mostly.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:38 pm

Considering their respective backgrounds, I still think Chi should be the strongest.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:54 pm

And honestly I can't see Pain really being a match for anyone. More like he will run into her first, want to redeem himself for how badly he did last time, attempt to capture her himself, and get curb stomped instantly.
I am the MISSINGNO
Current world record holder for the longest case of the sniffles.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:57 pm

Pain has actually been pretty cool in the comic, I'd rather not see him be humiliated.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Megadon » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:41 pm

Actually when it comes to Pain in this comic. Every time he tries to do something big it always gets cut short. It's not that he's weak or anything. All his attempt at doing something big keep getting cut down before we can really see it. Remember the Destructor, and when Mimi invaded he didn't even get a chance to try anything before she cut him down with the dental floss. That's why I think Pain has more potential; he just keeps getting cut short before he can show it.
I'm cured, mostly.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:33 pm

I said he's been pretty cool in this comic, not that he's been kicking ass. His character in the comic is a lot better than what it was in the show. Plus, this is a matter of opinion, so there's no point arguing it.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:37 am

I have to agree. Lord Pain is a bit more badass in this comic. He even looks cool without his mask.

Tenshi Nova wrote:Considering their respective backgrounds, I still think Chi should be the strongest.

We've been over this. We can't have Chi overpowering the main characters, it's just shitty writing.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tenshi Nova » Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:21 am

No, it's not. You guys can complain about it, the fact of the matter is, her background allows her to have considerably less training than the others.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby silvercover » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:21 am

chi has shown to be able to utilize a gun, so I think she at least has received some training probably.

maybe even more so than junior, who hasnt been trained like minnie has been, not to mention he doesnt really seem like the type to do it unless there's a requirement(junior's pretty much the lax type of person). he has definitely experimented and explored some of the nergal abilities of course, but I dont think he's seriously trained himself for combat yet.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:40 am

Not sure if the gun thing is beneficial for Chi :x
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby silvercover » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:55 am

Tenshi Nova wrote:Not sure if the gun thing is beneficial for Chi :x

well its an indicator at least.
shows that she's got the sense of carrying one and being able to use it, instead of being naive and defenseless like those airhead/arrogant princess types.

Next

Return to Comic Updates and News!