Calling out for a Lico

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Calling out for a Lico

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:15 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:
Darkingdomhearts wrote:it suddenly hit a stone and fell down the hill.

It sky dived into a large hole.

Haha, true.

FatexXHearts wrote:Yea. The Boobear part could've been interesting, but then he died cause..well why the heck not I guess. And this isn't even dragging out a plot anymore, there no real plot. This feel more like filler than anything, and a poor written one at that, but like you said we can only hope it get better

Yeah it basically has no plot or story. If there at least was explained what they are doing in Dystopius in the first place then that would be... something. Don't know if NEK tries to be mysterious or something, but if he is... he is failing.
CHECK OUT THE SNAFU COMICS WIKI

Postby Megadon » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:37 pm

Truthfully I'm starting to feel that this arc is either a block arc (Writer block so they trail off to an alternate story until they come up with an actual plot), or a relationship arc (An arc to understand the relationship/personality of one or multiple characters)in this chapter. This chapter has the feel of both of them at once. NEK doesn't really what to do as a main plot right now so he's just trailing off, and giving us a feel for the relationship between Ging and Lico. I hope he comes up with a real plot soon, because this is 30/70 right now.
The Madness has gone quiet for now. But it's always there and will return.
I'm cured, mostly.
Seeker of truth. Truth of Light and Darkness.

Postby FatexXHearts » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:12 pm

Darkingdomhearts wrote:Don't know if NEK tries to be mysterious or something, but if he is... he is failing.

I never would of thought of that, and I can totally buy that NEK trying to be mysterious, it will certainly explain the tone the comic trying to present.But the thing about trying to set up a mystery is that you have to have some form of direction for the audience to see and make predictions off of. Otherwise we're just complete lost and eventually lose interest.

Megadon wrote:Truthfully I'm starting to feel that this arc is either a block arc (Writer block so they trail off to an alternate story until they come up with an actual plot), or a relationship arc (An arc to understand the relationship/personality of one or multiple characters)in this chapter.

If this is writer block then I'll prefer it if they update one of the either comics until they think of something. And relationship arc hmm I don't know, did we really see anything about their relationship or personality that we didn't see or know about before. Then again if this is a reboot then that might explain the need for this but even then that's pushing it
Last edited by FatexXHearts on Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby midochiku » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:09 pm

This was actually offensive. Ok, well, I'm just going to sidestep the heck away from here, cause I am extremely skeeved out right now. This page could have been handled so much better, with better threats and insults that did not offend lesbians. Not sure if you know this or not, but "dyke" is just a rude slur for lesbians, and by using that as a sort of threat/insult you insult them. Like "ahaha you look like a lesbian" Ok? That a bad thing? Apparently lesbians have a certain look? What are they? A rare species of animal?

Also, does having short hair automatically mean your a lesbian? Cause that is something I apparently am now, cause I have short hair. Shocker. Yeah, ok. I never expected these things to be female friendly as the writers and artist are male and most of the characters are loli girls in a female harem type of situation, but tbh i expected better. Just-Wow.

(Disclaimer: Yeah I'm a female. Hella. And no I am not a lesbian. I'm an asexual, with lesbian friends.)
Captain Marvel

Postby Hallow Nova » Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:31 am

They shouldn't of tried to revive this in the first place.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby mimimandy » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:29 pm

Okay, what?
I don't care about the censoring. Censor all the crap you like. And even the slur is bugging me less than the entire "plot" (pfft) of Melancholy so far.
Ginger's split personality has gone from amazing to bullshit. Licorice differs so drastically from before (bloodthirsty asshole as opposed to the old Lico, a blindly angry girl that wants her mother back) that she and Ginger no longer blend together as they did before. You can tell them apart far too easily. So that dynamic has gone down the toilet.
Another thing: What the fuck is going on? For some reason Ginger finds herself on a dark city block...why? I mean, if she's still in the Sugar Bits universe that we all know and love, why is she there?? And what purpose do Boobear and the gang serve? Don't tell me they were just tossed in because Lico needed someone to kill for no damn reason at all... -_-
You know what, I'm just going to do what I planned to do as soon as I heard this would be continued: Pretend that it never was.
Too Cool For the Bullshit

Postby FatexXHearts » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:54 am

Yea Boobear and the gang are pretty much just throwaway character for Ginger to kill, begging the often asked question since page 4 of Melancholy 'where is this going'

Postby Sigmas » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:03 am

Actually, we've been asking that since Page One.

I mean no disrespect. I understand you're a new member, and I apologize for your first impression of me not being the nicest, but the truth is that we've been skeptical of this little venture since it started, and that's putting it lightly.
Last edited by Sigmas on Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:11 am

A lot of us have been extremely skeptic about this comic from the start, because NEK took control of it after doing a piss-poor job at GT. As a matter of fact: he took control of SB right at the peek of our rage with GT. Looking back on it, it seems our fears were well founded.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby FatexXHearts » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:17 am

Nah it fine, and I understand unlike most of the members here I only recently read SugarBits so I more than likely a little bit more, I guess you can say, hopeful. Though that hope is steadily disappearing

Postby ari-6 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:42 am

Sigment wrote:Actually, we've been asking that since Page One.

I mean no disrespect. I understand you're a new member, and I apologize for your first impression of me not being the nicest, but the truth is that we've been skeptical of this little venture since it started, and that's putting it lightly.

I never liked SB that much so when Melancholy started I had no preconceptions. I wasn't worried about it ruining anything that came before because I thought it couldn't be worse than a three year fight scene. But up until page four it had been pretty standard layout. Then after page five the scene should have really changed. When it didn't, then I learned how it could be worse than a three year fight scene.
Some people shouldn't have an imagination. They just abuse it.
Im Making This Up As I Go
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:34 pm

I remember that I was excited for this prequel (as I hoped it was) at the first page. But no saving this anymore. Grim Tales still can be saved, but Melancholy.... no
CHECK OUT THE SNAFU COMICS WIKI

Postby OrangeBee » Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:42 am

That was a three year fight scene... That's all they managed to post within those three years...

Anyway

I'm starting to get more curious on what they will post next and how bad it will be
THE OFFICIAL SHITPOSTER

Exodis: Image us as the Camelot, the guy going as a troll/Krest, and Hiroko as... the bunny.
ShitPoster

Postby Nina333 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:44 am

A reference was made to Brittany Spears. I miss when this comic used to be it's own world and didn't make references to celebrities. I was hoping Ginger could get out of a mess without Lico's help. Ginger could use some character development where she learns to be resilient. That's not happening since Lico appears to be superhuman now and can kill people with candy. NEK shouldn't have been the one to try reviving this comic. Maybe another writer will take over and improve things.

Postby MillennialDan » Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:07 am

mimimandy wrote:Okay, what?
I don't care about the censoring. Censor all the crap you like. And even the slur is bugging me less than the entire "plot" (pfft) of Melancholy so far.
Ginger's split personality has gone from amazing to bullshit. Licorice differs so drastically from before (bloodthirsty asshole as opposed to the old Lico, a blindly angry girl that wants her mother back) that she and Ginger no longer blend together as they did before. You can tell them apart far too easily. So that dynamic has gone down the toilet.
Another thing: What the fuck is going on? For some reason Ginger finds herself on a dark city block...why? I mean, if she's still in the Sugar Bits universe that we all know and love, why is she there?? And what purpose do Boobear and the gang serve? Don't tell me they were just tossed in because Lico needed someone to kill for no damn reason at all... -_-
You know what, I'm just going to do what I planned to do as soon as I heard this would be continued: Pretend that it never was.

This critique I can get behind.

Postby Hallow Nova » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:44 pm

But, this is what everyone has been saying.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:15 pm

MillennialDan, I am a couple steps away from kicking your ass on this. You've been corrected on this multiple times, and the repetitive nature of the issue is starting to wear on my nerves.

You are allowed your opinion, others are allowed theirs.

But do not ignore someone or skew their position when they try to explain it to you. And for people in general, don't degrade or attack someone personally because they have a different point of view than you.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby OrangeBee » Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:57 am

Guardian wrote:MillennialDan, I am a couple steps away from kicking your ass on this. You've been corrected on this multiple times, and the repetitive nature of the issue is starting to wear on my nerves.

You are allowed your opinion, others are allowed theirs.

But do not ignore someone or skew their position when they try to explain it to you. And for people in general, don't degrade or attack someone personally because they have a different point of view than you.

Sshhh, he's a Bleedman fan. They know not of what they speak of.

But no, seriously, it's better to actually listen to others opinion with an opinion mind rather then just push it all away
THE OFFICIAL SHITPOSTER

Exodis: Image us as the Camelot, the guy going as a troll/Krest, and Hiroko as... the bunny.
ShitPoster

Postby GuyverXZ » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:20 am

*munches on popcorn* I love when a new comic is out. all the best parts are in the comments.
Hell Hound

Postby MillennialDan » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:08 pm

I'm not ignoring anything. My earlier comments were apparently completely misunderstood, so rather than type out an elaborate explanation clarifying the misunderstanding, I figured I'd simply agreed with what mimimandy said. How in the world could that be so upsetting?

At least I'm not insulting anyone, like OrangeBee up there. I couldn't care less about Bleed, or how little people like this comic, especially since I don't think it's very good myself. As I've said before, the only thing that bugged me was the apparent double standard for what some think is worth a call to arms.

I KNOW people have been complaining about many things in this comic lately, and I'm in the same boat, as I've already said. Inconsistent censoring, pointless characterization, incoherent plot, and on and on. The only thing I was picking on was what some people seemed to consider the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. That's it. This comic began with plenty of sexual innuendo right out the gate, so it's not like it was ever meant for kids or anything. To have an antagonist spouting derogatory language really isn't that shocking. Look back at the first page of this thread, and perhaps you'll see what I was getting at. The slur in this comic obviously wasn't the first complaint people have made, but it seemed to be what several commentators considered to be a push over the edge.

I neither attacked anyone, nor did I even accuse anyone of being mistaken in their critiques. I simply offered an alternate viewpoint. Why so much aggression?

Postby Sigmas » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:22 pm

Let me point something out.
MillennialDan wrote:This critique I can get behind.

The emphasis placed on "this" implies a belief that all other arguments are wrong, misguided or are to simply be ignored. Put simply, the way you phrased it came across as a bit high-and-mighty, or at least rude.

Secondly, as Tenshi stated, the argument you "got behind" had been getting echoed by other members repeatedly, so to agree with this the way you did implies a degree of ignorance as to what most members in the thread are saying.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby MillennialDan » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:42 am

Believing that other arguments miss the mark and saying so doesn't seem rude to me, but I guess one's mileage varies on these things.

As for the comment in question, I pointed it out for two reasons. First of all, we feel similarly about the relative unimportance of this whole aspersion business. Secondly, her solution is to simply ignore the comic, rather than campaign to have it removed. As far as the rest goes, it's like you say; nearly everyone here, including myself, has no disagreement about the pitiful state of things whatsoever.

There has been no "ignorance" on my part, but apparently there has been a lack of clear communication.

Postby Hallow Nova » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:09 am

But her post is nothing more than a mirror to what's already been said. You only just noticed it, and it so happens to be from her post. That is ignorance. Everything she said has been repeated multiple times with each page since Melancholy's first. There's no miscommunication. I linked my own rant to you twice. You ignored it.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby MillennialDan » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:53 pm

Actually no, I read your position. I just don't agree with everything you've said. I can't help but feel like you are the one who has repeatedly refused to understand what I've been trying to get across for some reason.

Postby Hallow Nova » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:57 pm

Clearly, I'm not alone. Maybe it's your explanation that's lacking.
Explain the differences between our reasoning.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!