Calling out for a Lico

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Calling out for a Lico

Postby Sig Skellington » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:43 pm

Tenshi, it appears he's saying that he agrees that Melancholy sucks, but not that it should be taken so far as to remove it from the site, as you, me and some others have said. He agreed with minimandy, it seems, that ignoring the comic is the best course of action. This may be more about that than everyone talking about how bad Melancholy looks.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Guardian » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:56 pm

*Pulls up a chair and sits in on thread.

Please, continue on. Because this is getting fucking annoying. If you two (Tenshi and Dan) can figure this out before I decide to, we'll all be happier folks.

I do not care if you two share differentiating opinions like liberals and conservatives do, where you disagree on everything, or if you are like conservatives and Republicans where they disagree on one minor issue and go to war with each other.

What I do care about is that understanding is reached. This seems to be involving multiple people and I would say it is okay to discuss in this thread (because honestly, there is nothing better to talk about). So, find a understanding where you two stand on the matter. State your opinions clearly, and understand the opposition clearly, especially that last part because that seems to be the problem.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans

Postby Hallow Nova » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:03 pm

@Sig
I've suggested Melancholy be separated from SB, such as its own comic slot, even though I would like its removal.

Also as I've already started, us ignoring the comic won't stop future readers from running straight into it.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby MillennialDan » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:50 pm

Sigment wrote:Tenshi, it appears he's saying that he agrees that Melancholy sucks, but not that it should be taken so far as to remove it from the site, as you, me and some others have said. He agreed with minimandy, it seems, that ignoring the comic is the best course of action. This may be more about that than everyone talking about how bad Melancholy looks.

Basically this.

Yeah, others may come along and read it and also decide that it's as terrible as we say, but we're not the Snafu quality/PC police. That's what I think anyway.

Postby Sig Skellington » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:52 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:Also as I've already started, us ignoring the comic won't stop future readers from running straight into it.

And if they do, it's their decision to do so. You're entitled to your opinion, as is Dan. If you don't agree, fine. But let's not clutter up the thread with a pointless argument. If you guys want to settle this, do it via PM.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Hallow Nova » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:37 pm

Choice? They wouldn't know Melancholy's history until they inquire about it on the forums. They'll read page by page like any other new reader.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Ryochi » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:25 am

Ok let me point out some things wrong with this reboot.

1. What is with the slang?

2. Is something happening? Like at all?
- If it's a prequel then it should at least have either it's own standalone story or something that advances the plot.......

3. Licorice being bloodthirsty was passable at first but now it just seems OOC.
- My memory's a bit fuzzy on what happened before but someone just pointed out that Licorice just wanted her mother back and did not go on killing sprees.

4. What is with the censoring?

5. Why do celebrities suddenly exist in this universe?

6. Is this a prequel or a reboot?

Postby Hallow Nova » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:26 am

Hello Ryochi! Welcome to the forums, please read the rules and notes, and enjoy your time here!

A lot of us here have been rather...aggressive...towards Melancholy, as in we don't like it at all. As the notes mentioned, we do not know what exactly this is in relation to the story. We don't really know anything about it because of an absence of communication with the team. I prefer to believe that this has no canon connection to the original story.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Ryochi » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:59 am

*facepalm* a reboot huh? Oh well, least PPGD is doing well and Grim tales too.............sorta.

Postby Guardian » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:10 pm

Ryochi wrote:*facepalm* a reboot huh? Oh well, least PPGD is doing well and Grim tales too.............sorta.

5. Sugar Bits
Right now, we have the return of one of Bleedman's original works, Sugar Bits. NEK has taken up the writing for DMajor, who passed away from cancer last year. Right now, it is unclear if Sugar Bits is going to be a reboot or a continuation with a new arc.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans

Previous

Return to Comic Updates and News!