Now we can hurt them puppies

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby Bleedman » Sun May 25, 2014 11:07 pm

NEK: Okay…I’m lost =/ And honestly I don’t think I’m the only one. But Grim’s drunk so yeah whatever sense was supposed to be here really isn’t here XD
Joe M. :"draw till your hands BLEED"
thus I was born...........

Re: Now we can hurt them puppies

Postby Ergotth » Sun May 25, 2014 11:31 pm

Grim kiiiinda have a point, the sword can't hurt the innocent, but now its completly "out of wack" so it might be mpredictably more powerful *grinning as i imagine someone launching waves of dark energy from the sword with each slash*

Postby Sigment » Sun May 25, 2014 11:34 pm

Welp, I'm done.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Havoc » Sun May 25, 2014 11:44 pm

So yeah, fuck this comic. The fact that Jack's sword became corrupted, tells me that Bleed has absolutely no intentions on bring Megaville back into this comic anytime soon. I bet something lame will happen like Minnie will get the sword or some shit. So yeah, I've fucking had it; I'm done.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Re:

Postby ari-6 » Mon May 26, 2014 12:08 am

Bleedman wrote:NEK: Okay…I’m lost =/ And honestly I don’t think I’m the only one.
Okay, I know this has been asked hundreds of times but, didn't he write this?! If he's lost then what does that say?!

In other notes, the sword has been corrupted by a crappy copy and paste job, That upwards angle on Mandy just looks awkward and the dialogue is pretty bad.
I am the MISSINGNO
Current world record holder for the longest case of the sniffles.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby Exodis » Mon May 26, 2014 12:16 am

How... can the sword be corrupted??
This is... what the fuck...
The Intergalactic Fighter

Postby Tenshi Nova » Mon May 26, 2014 12:22 am

NEK is supposedly and editor and not much else.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Shradow » Mon May 26, 2014 12:22 am

Hm, I was hoping the sword would take it no problem, but when I was a kid I always felt that Him was more evil than Aku so maybe I expected this a little.

Postby OrangeBee » Mon May 26, 2014 12:27 am

So i'm assuming no hope?

No hope for anyone reading?
THE OFFICIAL SHITPOSTER

Exodis: Image us as the Camelot, the guy going as a troll/Krest, and Hiroko as... the bunny.
ShitPoster

Postby Tenshi Nova » Mon May 26, 2014 12:32 am

Shradow wrote:Hm, I was hoping the sword would take it no problem, but when I was a kid I always felt that Him was more evil than Aku so maybe I expected this a little.

You think Him, a crossdressing crab demon thing that gets his ass kicked by 3 super powered girls, is more evil than Aku, the spawn of magical space stuff that took over the universe.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Shradow » Mon May 26, 2014 12:35 am

I think what is pretty much Satan is more evil that Aku, yes.

Postby Guardian » Mon May 26, 2014 12:37 am

Him isn't Satan in this comic.

Please read up on your lore and the comic before making such comments.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans

Postby Shradow » Mon May 26, 2014 12:39 am

I'm talking about the shows, but that feeling somewhat translates to my expectations for some possible outcomes in situations in this comic.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Mon May 26, 2014 12:52 am

Aku took over the universe and murdered innocents because he wanted to.

How is Him Satan? Because he looks like the devil? He gets his ass handed to him by kids and minions.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Shradow » Mon May 26, 2014 12:56 am

I'm sorry I have a different opinion, it was just something that I've thought since I was little.

Postby Guardian » Mon May 26, 2014 1:04 am

You can disregard it then. Not all of the lore is able to make it into a singular verse such as this one.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans

Postby Keiken » Mon May 26, 2014 1:18 am

I prefered Mandy when her face looked like this: http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=252
:unsure:

Also the sword being corrupted? emm, or comic either start developing an argument for Mimi's evil source "aura" creation being even more powerful than Him ..himself -...-, or say that it was a false sword from the very beginning...

Postby Roots of Origin » Mon May 26, 2014 1:18 am

Hi, long time listener, first time caller.
I wanted to point out something that people might be confusing. That evil energy that Grim put on Jack's sword wasn't created by Him. It's an entity called Giygas, he's a main antagonist from the Mother/Earthbound series. He was an alien who's psionic powers were so powerful that his mind and body were destroyed and he became the embodiment of evil.
To be honest, it's a little upsetting seeing the sword corrupted, but I'd rather not let this detract from the story.

Postby Havoc » Mon May 26, 2014 1:28 am

Welcome, new guy. I don't think Earthbound has anything to do with this comic what so ever. For me seeing that sword turn evil was the last straw.

Keiken wrote:I prefered Mandy when her face looked like this: http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=252
:unsure:

Also the sword being corrupted? emm, or comic either start developing an argument for Mimi's evil source "aura" creation being even more powerful than Him ..himself -...-, or say that it was a false sword from the very beginning...

I agree that Mandy's face looks a lot better in that page, than it does here. Side by side, she looks awfully funny on this page, compared to the older page. I kinda hope you're right about that sword being a fake, but the way this comic is going, I don't know.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tenshi Nova » Mon May 26, 2014 1:45 am

Roots of Origin wrote:Hi, long time listener, first time caller.
I wanted to point out something that people might be confusing. That evil energy that Grim put on Jack's sword wasn't created by Him. It's an entity called Giygas, he's a main antagonist from the Mother/Earthbound series. He was an alien who's psionic powers were so powerful that his mind and body were destroyed and he became the embodiment of evil.
To be honest, it's a little upsetting seeing the sword corrupted, but I'd rather not let this detract from the story.

Another issue, do you know this as fact? Has it been stated by a collaborator or within the comic?
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Megadon » Mon May 26, 2014 2:16 am

Actually I'm half and half on the sword being corrupted. Half against it because the sword was the light of the human soul. Half okay because I remember it's made using a human soul, and no matter how good 95% of all human souls can be corrupted. Plus I love demon sword, and this demon sword+Mimi's aura just has me drooling. Lol death is still stoned even after that. I like this update. Except the new design on Mandy's face. Stick with the classic design.

And this obviously proves that Mimi is stronger than HIM. Because doesn't naturally belong to him, and as far as we know only Mimi is capable of being fused with it. So watch your back old boy.
The Madness has gone quiet for now. But it's always there and will return.
I'm cured, mostly.
Seeker of truth. Truth of Light and Darkness.

Postby ari-6 » Mon May 26, 2014 2:43 am

Why would you assume only Mimi can be fused with it? It just fused with a sword. She wasn't born with it. It is pretty damn likely that Minnie will be fused with it at some point in the future.

I was just thinking, if they wanted to purify the sword again, could they not just place it in the devils trap they used on Mimi? I am pretty certain this will never be brought up. They could, and they will probably complain that it is useless now, but for story purposes it has been corrupted so if they change it back then this whole thing would have been pointless.
I am the MISSINGNO
Current world record holder for the longest case of the sniffles.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby Shradow » Mon May 26, 2014 2:55 am

Tenshi Nova wrote:Another issue, do you know this as fact? Has it been stated by a collaborator or within the comic?

Well, if I remember correctly there may have been a frame where the mass of evil may have looked like Giygas (it looks like this for those who haven't seen it) due to it swirling around and stuff, but I feel like that was just a reference to Earthbound if it did happen.

Postby Sigment » Mon May 26, 2014 3:01 am

A reference to "Giygas" is just as unlikely, IMO.

@RoO
Welcome to the forums. No offense, but try to avoid stating opinion as fact if you can help it. Most of GT and PpGD's characters and entities come from shows on Cartoon Network. I highly doubt that the concept of the essence would have been taken from a video game.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Shradow » Mon May 26, 2014 3:09 am

Found the frame I was thinking of.

I'd say it's similar enough that a simple Earthbound reference is possible in that one instance (and it did make a troll face once, so it wasn't always being serious in its shape), but reference or not I doubt Giygas would have anything to actually do with the plot.

Another thing I saw when looking for the frame was that it formed a heart around Minnie when she was really angry, so I'd be surprised if nothing happened with regards to it and Minnie.

Next

Return to Comic Updates and News!