ウオプアス! ベール

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: ウオプアス! ベール

Postby AgentZero » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:06 pm

I honestly cannot stop looking at this page. Reminds me of when I was little. When I would be reading a picture book, and I would find a princessy-sparkly-pinky page or a colorful-artistic-aesthetically pleasing page, I'd either stare at it for hours or rip it out and hang it in my room.
"I did not trip and fall, I attacked the floor and I am winning."
"I am on a seafood diet. I see food, I eat it."
"Who says nothing is impossible? I've been doing nothing for years."
Dont Blink

Postby blankmaster99 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:59 am

@Tenshi
wasn't singling you out(sorry if it seemed that way) just that as far as I could see, we were the only two people currently still on this topic

notice how none of the worlds leading scientists noticed anything wrong after someone detonated a bomb on the moon.The nature of the bomb is still unknown to us but it's obvious that it's not your usual kind. Most likely, it's lightyears ahead of what the KND are used to so as far they could detect, the explosion was just a really big lightshow. Probably, they would have investigated if Bell were an adult but she's not.

there wasn't really any mention of a cloaking field around the moonbase in the show but then they never said there wasn't. It's just one of the things the comic could throw in to make things make more sense and still remain true to original content.

I never said the KND didn't care about the crisis, I'm saying they couldn't have known about it. I'm sure every person in that convention was dialing 911 as soon as the portal opened and yet no one showed up except of course, the simian superhero who was summoned there by telepathy. I don't believe there are any telepaths in the KND

also, I didn't notice any laws of physics the KND have broken that Dexter hasn't broken several times over

@cerulean
But, I do concede that you have made one point that has made my whole argument almost completely worthless-if BeeAre thinks it's a bad idea then there's not much I can do from here. Such being so, there's only one thing to do. One way or another I must get in a direct chatroom with BR and present my case. Wish me luck, this could get messy :p

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:27 am

I've stated the same point @.@
You can PM BeeAre about it. I already have, some time ago.

All the world scientists knew about it. They were holding a conference under the event at the school. I would find the page for you, but linking stuff from my phone is irritating. Also, the KND would've seen the bomb.
The assumption that the KND only fight adults is also false. They have enemies of all ages. Not knowing who Bell is, they would easily assume that she maybe working for adults, like many other kids have before. ie: The Delightful Children

The add in a cloaking field would contradict a lot from the original series actually. Do you remember why they have a moon base in the first place? In their history, it was set as a haven away from adults, that all adults once knew of.

Again, there were more events besides the current. Their absence at a science convention and meeting about the moon is still a problem.

The absence of heroes is due to BeeAre not wanting to include them, the exact same as the KND. If the heroes were involved, then extensive additions to the comics dynamic and culture would be needed to integrate them. The same reason KND is not involved.

Dexter's show didn't involve extensive plot lines and a long history. Writing out the things the KND were capable of would also ruin canon plot lines and history.

An extensive explanation would be needed. I've offered my own to BeeAre, but I don't believe he cares much for the idea. You're trying to over simplify their addition without any consequences, unfortunately, you won't succeed.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Shradow » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:13 pm

So Bell is Akemi Homura now.    Before, you know, she became Satan.   
Last edited by Guardian on Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: This is a big spoiler. The movie was only very recently released in HD quality for people to see online, it's too early to be posting spoilers as big as that so openly. Please be considerate of others and use spoiler tags for that sort of thing, okay?

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:30 pm

I don't see the similarities.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hiroko » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:33 pm

I'm assuming he's talking about the gun being the magical girl weapon for Bell, since Homura mostly used handguns and handmade bombs.
The Sentimental One

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:46 pm

A gun is not enough for that comparison :p
Then Bell could be compared with the major cast of Gunslinger Girl.

Edit: Magic guns...oh...well, still not enough for me :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ari-6 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:21 pm

Shradow wrote:So Bell is Akemi Homura now.    Before, you know, she became Satan.   

What the Hell?! Shradow, we do not talk of such spoilers so openly! It is up to us who have seen to maintain secrets for those who have not. Tenshi, shield your eyes!

Also, Someone made a PMMM reference and my PMMM senses didn't alert me? how strange.
Last edited by Hiroko on Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited to include spoiler tags.
I am the MISSINGNO
Current world record holder for the longest case of the sniffles.
Im Making This Up As I Go

Postby NOA » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:47 pm

my K.N.D theory: there is no official record on the origin of the earth based kids next door record keeping didn’t start until numbuh zero took down grandfather in the 1960s. in 1961 the men in black was formed .when they found out about the KND there were going to disband it until there heard about the galactic kids next door from some “out of town visitors”. They learned that the gknd organization is very important to the universe. So they meet with the higher up level of the kids next door (above the supreme commander at the time i.e. operatives like numbuh infinity) and decide to keep their organization secret from the world (including making sure Neil Armstrong doesn’t go to the real moon) as time goes on only some higher up members of the knd know of the Men in black i.e. numbuh 362 and her advisors . ever since Mandy took over the earth KND the men in black gave improved security tech including a cloaking device .also on beeare’s deviantart page comment he says that the men in black and the skyway patrol are part of a even bigger organization so its possible that the GKND could been in there somewhere possibly .
now the world dont move to the beat of just on drum

Postby Creppy Eggy » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:48 pm

Uhhh... kay? Thank you for that?
KND is still not gonna be in PPGD, though.
The Intergalactic Huevo

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:54 pm

@NOA
Except that, as stated multiple times before, BeeAre said himself that he won't be adding the KND.
Not only does your theory have multiple inconsistencies, that would take up another couple pages on pointless arguments, but even if we try to go with that, it'd take an extensive amount of time to explain in the comic.

There's no more need to clutter the thread with KND talk since they're not appearing in the series. We could PM each other, or make a KND/PPGD thread, I'm unsure on how the rules apply to this.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby NOA » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:59 pm

my apologies i promise you this will not happen again
now the world dont move to the beat of just on drum

Postby Laytho2 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:54 pm

ARRGH why does Grim Tales update before this? The bomb has been going of years now, for gosh sakes PRIORITIES please :( (not insulting the staff, they're doing a great job, just venting).

Postby Havoc » Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:25 am

I'm with you there. I like this comic more than GT. But it is how it is.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby BeeAre » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:08 pm

yeah? well look at the page views for GT threads vs PpGD. :P
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:24 pm

Part of it is likely release frequency. People are impatient.
GT started WHAM around when PPGD started the time bomb.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Black.rabbit98 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:41 pm

Love the comic. Cant wait for the new chapter :grin:
Different is unique

Postby Havoc » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:00 am

Hello newcomer. Welcome to the forums. Make sure to read the rules and the comic notes.

@BeeAre: I don't understand. What are you getting at?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:35 am

Laytho2 wrote:ARRGH why does Grim Tales update before this?

BeeAre wrote:yeah? well look at the page views for GT threads vs PpGD. :P
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Laytho2 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:34 pm

Tuor wrote:
Laytho2 wrote:ARRGH why does Grim Tales update before this?

BeeAre wrote:yeah? well look at the page views for GT threads vs PpGD. :P

Where can I find pageviews?

Postby Tenshi Nova » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:07 pm

Just look at the forum and see the numbers under views. In this case, slightly above your post box, there should be a link 'Return to Comic Updates and News!'. You should see a bunch of numbers, one of the columns is the views.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:25 am

I still don't know what BR's point is. Is he saying that PPGD has more views than GT and there for more popular, or is he saying that GT just came out but has almost as many views as this one, despite it being out longer?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:30 am

He's saying they update GT more because it gets more views, I'm pretty sure that's what he saying…
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Havoc » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:34 am

Oh I see. Thank you, Tuor.

....God that's disheartening. :(
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sigment » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:28 am

Kinda feels like the other way around for me.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!