Switch to full style
Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!
Topic locked

Re: ウオプアス! ベール

Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:42 am

Yeah, it should kinda sound like it.

Re: ウオプアス! ベール

Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:04 am

Ohhhh now I see it.
... I gotta practice my Katakana. >.>'

Re: ウオプアス! ベール

Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:21 am

Blood Lord wrote:For the last time, no.

It's been explained that they aren't coming into the comic. Go write a story about them being in PpGD if you are thus so determined.

EDIT: To clarrify things, the comic notes have been expanded on.

sorry, don't really have time to start writing a story right now and I'm not on this forum alot so I wasn't here when it was explained, could someone please brief me on why it would be impossible for them to at least have an appearance

Re: ウオプアス! ベール

Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:33 am

Their culture, influence and physics would be too much to incorporate.

And, if you mean just as a cameo, then we'll get an influx of members and theories involving them, all based on a single sighting of them. And they all must be told they're wrong because the KND were nothing more than a cameo, thus pissing off the original speculators.

Re: ウオプアス! ベール

Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:48 pm

blankmaster99 wrote:sorry, don't really have time to start writing a story right now and I'm not on this forum alot

Bummer. That'd be awesome if that could change someday.

Re: ウオプアス! ベール

Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:41 pm

Blood Lord wrote:
Laytho2 wrote:?

Lay, go read rules. You'll find that what you did here is against the rules. We don't allow one worded posts, and seeing as your post doesn't even contain that, we can warn you for spamming.

Now as for this:
Laytho2 wrote:Too bad he presented them in such a shit way, seriouslty thisi comica is hgoing sao down hill that it;s sio frustrate3ing sEIROUSLY FUSKC THIA SHIT! THIWS COMCIS USED ZTO BEA GOOD NOWE IT'S SO FUKK OF AHSIT THAT ITÛ;S PAINGULA TO REAR FUACK ABREERAE ANDA FUCK BLEEFDAMN THERA PREAVTRT AED SHIT ZOFAEHAFD OAECIUE OFGA SGIT HAGDWSA, AL;GTL HEA CANE DO IASE DRAW NOTZ TELL AAGOODS SORTRY FUFCKISNG HELKAL DUDEA SERIOSULT BERA SRUOIUSKLY>!?!?!?


This isn't even remotely funny, or considered joking around. In fact, I find it extremely god damn annoying that you are trying to play this as making fun of one of the views of the comic held by many members. I can label this as spam or you attempting to start a flamewar.

I don't tolerate this shit. Do not let me catch you doing it again.


Um… okay I don't understand exactly what you mean by "I find it extremely god damn annoying that you are trying to play this as making fun of one of the views of the comic held by many members" . But okay I won't try to make a joke on an april fools page comment section on this website again… I didn't know it wasn't allowed (also I am sorry for the one word post).

Re: ウオプアス! ベール

Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:44 pm

Do not twist my words. I never said that you couldn't make jokes on a April Fool's page, or in general.

What I'm calling you out on is that it isn't funny, but insulting and unusual.

EDIT: I also want to point out that right now, I'm not mad with you, but trying to help you out.

Re: ウオプアス! ベール

Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:43 pm

Please don't argue about this, Lay. There are enough pointless arguments that happen on the forum. Shall we get back to topic now?

So the katakana reads Whoopass! Bell? Huh. Well, Japanese can be confusing for those that don't know how to read it.

Re: ウオプアス! ベール

Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:53 pm

Sucks for those people... While I can read Katakana. *snickers*

Re: ウオプアス! ベール

Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:42 pm

Thank you, Sigment, but I can handle this. No need to gang up on him now.

Re: ウオプアス! ベール

Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:45 am

Understood.

@Ex
Yeah, -ish. :P

Re: ウオプアス! ベール

Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:08 am

Well it's a good thing this whole page wasn't in Japanese, because neither I nor Exodis are that advanced in Japanese yet, pfft.

...Please don't take that as a challenge, BeeAre. 8 |

Re: ウオプアス! ベール

Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:36 am

Hirokooo! You probably gave BR an idea for a future PPGD April Fool's page! Dx

Re: ウオプアス! ベール

Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:37 am

They've already done a fake EA page in Spanish. This wouldn't be all that different.

Re: ウオプアス! ベール

Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:58 am

Tenshi Nova wrote:Their culture, influence and physics would be too much to incorporate.


oh, but I dare to disagree Tenshi Nova. The sole purpose of the KND is fighting evil adults(and kids who help them), a purpose shared by all the heroes currently inhabiting Megaville. The KND are pretty much just a military-style secret corps established to protect kids all over the world (with a secret operational base ON THE MOON!) the possibilities are almost endless and the drawbacks quite few(as far as I can see anyway).

plus, in some ways they're not that different from the men in black, if the MIB could make it here I don't see why they can't

Re: ウオプアス! ベール

Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:04 pm

You just supported me. I want to state first, I'm still an advocate for KND's integration. My post previously, stated facts from previous conversations.

The MiB are mostly secretive. The KND are much more exposed. This brings the question, why haven't they already interfered? Especially with the moon bomb.
An explanation would be needed for their lack of intervention.

Then, their technology. I do love the junkyard style, I've recreated a handful if their 2x4 tech. You must consider how that tech works. Attaching a soda bottle and a flashlight to a piece of wood won't produce laser strong enough to melt metal.
These facts are known. One can argue that the tech has alien origins, but that would need an explanation.

Then we would have their villains. Evil teens and adults alike, this brings many questions, but the biggest would be, why are they enemies?
This has been answered in the series, which I have extensive knowledge of (feel free to challenge me), but the history in the series would have to be applied to the PPGD universe.

I personally enjoy the theory that the KND history is an exaggeration of real events. An example includes operation REPORT.
This theory would break apart the KND series, and it would require an explanation that many may not accept.

No matter what conclusion you want, in the end it will take time to incorporate it into the comic. They would likely become a regular influence, and the comic doesn't update often enough for time to be wasted on more characters.

Re: ウオプアス! ベール

Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:44 pm

Sigment wrote:They've already done a fake EA page in Spanish. This wouldn't be all that different.


I was not aware of this, would you mind if i ask you for a link?

Re: ウオプアス! ベール

Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:25 pm

TA DA~~ http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=194

Re: ウオプアス! ベール

Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:34 pm

And that's why I consider Tenshi Nova one of our historians. Gotta love his nack for pulling pages from the site, wether old or new.

Re: ウオプアス! ベール

Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:37 pm

April 1st c:
Just had to scroll a tiny bit.

Re: ウオプアス! ベール

Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:09 pm

the existence of the KND is only known to their enemies and allies, so they're easily as secretive as the MIB

the junkyard appearance of their weaponry and tech could easily be an ingeniously planned disguise(this could be shown with a panel with an operative taking apart his weapon in an attempt to repair it thus showing the intricate wiring and circuitry underneath)

If you've got a secret base on the moon, you're going to want it cloaked so it won't be spotted by every Neil Armstrong that comes along. It's obvious that the moon didn't suffer any noticeable damage from the bomb so they could simply say they were unwilling to uncloak for a threat that honestly, wasn't a real threat

As for the intervention thing, the army, the local police and the justice league didn't show up either.Reason? Probably all communications from the building were cut off(Monkey only got there thanks to telepathy). They had no way of knowing therefore they couldn't have intervened

Oh, and the KND has one purpose( I think I've mentioned this before) to fight evil adults. So basically if you're an evil adult, You're their enemy. It's not always so complicated Tenshi

Re: ウオプアス! ベール

Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:39 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:April 1st c:
Just had to scroll a tiny bit.

STILL, YOU'RE GOOD AT THAT SHIT.

Re: ウオプアス! ベール

Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:44 pm

@blankmaster Complications aside, it's really more about whether or not the writer himself wishes to include the KND in this series. And he's stated before that he doesn't want their universe involved with this one before. Here's a direct quote if you don't want to click on the link, but basically what Tenshi said is more or less the reason why the KND won't be appearing. The Comic Notes and the "Hell No Section" of the suggestions list also state that they won't be making an appearance.

BeeAre wrote:There are junctions which provide entrances for the various cartoons' universes into this one, neatly arranging their presences to coexist peaceably. These junctions are like warp pipes, and have to be managed so the various universes don't overwhelm one another. MLaaTR, for example, has clear dative issues that have to be smushed down so as to not make the other universes be in the wrong time.

(This is the major reason why I decided against any serious inclusion of KND. The universe of Kids Next Door impinges too hard on how the structure of their presented culture and society and this pressure works against every other universe's presented cultures and societies. Much too insular to be cohesive in the scope of every other cartoon. Yeah, I'll say it here: I'm ignoring the Grim Adventures/KND Crossover. P'tagh!)

Re: ウオプアス! ベール

Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:18 pm

@blank
Don't single me out :/ I'm telling you old information. BeeAre said he didn't want to include the KND, you can continue your argument, but the ultimate conclusion would still be to our disappointment. Unless BeeAre changes his mind (hint hint)

You still ignored KND's history. Do you agree, to an extent, on my theory that their history was just hyper active, sugar induced imagination? Or do you have your own personal thoughts?

Easily as secretive eh? I'm sorry, but if you believe that the scientists involved in PPGD are as dim-witted as the adults from KND, then you're mistaken.

Complex technology made to look pitiful. I personally though about this before too, along with my theory that some of the KND's culture was exaggerated. This would still cut out a lot of their tech because they've done numerous unfeasible acts of physics.

I didn't realize their moon base was a secret. I also don't recall their moon base being cloaked. Help me remember when these details were stated because I don't recall them at all.
Wasn't a real threat? If a bomb went off and it's within your field of view, would you just assume it wasn't any threat to you? They're one of the only things on the moon, if a bomb of that size blew up, they would assume that it was meant for them, and they'd investigate.

The KND's missing influence applies to much more than the convention. The other super hero drops also won't be making any appearances, as said by BeeAre, because they'd also throw the dynamic of the comic off.

Their one purpose is to fight evil adults? I guess multiple adults blowing up a super school, filled with super kids, with a bomb that would consume the entire planet isn't as evil as making a 5 year old eat their vegetables.
I also assume a conference about the moon, set up by adults, is unimportant to them

Re: ウオプアス! ベール

Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:30 pm

Oh, its the pinnocchio thing, now i remember. I saw it while going through the comics old pages a while back. I didn´t pay attention to the date though, never knew it was an april fools joke. Thanks for the link.
Topic locked