Brave New World - 2011-Present

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Brave New World - 2011-Present

Postby ULTRADJ » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:03 pm

Hagaren wrote:Ok, I have create this acount just to say this because I need your opinions, I dont even speak english so excuse for my grammar.

I believe that X is Utonium, from the timeline that ends in Grimtales. I dont know why, I cant really explain it, but I just have this feeling (I write comics myself, not oficialy of course) maybe his plan is to actually save the past to rewrite the future

Welcome new member. I suggest checking out the forums rules since most of what you said has been disproved I believe.
When I have something clever I'll put it here. XP
Just Rockin

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:24 pm

PPGD and GT are not connected in any way. This was confirmed by BeeAre, writer of PPGD, long ago.

Your theory would connect them. So no no, :c
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:04 am

Actually Tenshi, I think he knows that GT and PpGD are separate timelines. Basically I think he said that X is Utonium from the GT timeline, and he traveled over to the PpGD timeline, in order to stop the events of GT from happening.

Hagaren wrote:Ok, I have create this acount just to say this because I need your opinions, I dont even speak english so excuse for my grammar.

I believe that X is Utonium, from the timeline that ends in Grimtales. I dont know why, I cant really explain it, but I just have this feeling (I write comics myself, not oficialy of course) maybe his plan is to actually save the past to rewrite the future

Welcome to the forums, Hagaren. make sure to read the rules and the notes provided. Sorta of an interesting theory you have there, but there are a quite a few holes in it. 1) We already saw Dr.X in the GT world. 2) Why would he need Mojo to tell him about the girls? If he was Utonium, then he would have already known far more about the PPG than Mojo.

We already know that the separation of GT and PpGD has something to do with Samurai Jack; BR the writer has confirmed this. I also think it's a safe bet that the Time Squad will also be involved, since BR has also said that the Time Squad doesn't exist in the GT timeline.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Megadon » Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:42 am

Hi and welcome Hagaren. At first when I was reading your post I couldn't understand it, but now that Havoc has cleared up what you were trying to say. I have to say it is a reasonable and possible theory, but theirs just one flaw to it. Time Squad was sent to the past to prevent this event, because it would alter the timeline and possibly erase the timeline in which Time Squad was created. But that is a good theory.

Even more following that theory; means that X has more than one of those bombs, and is possibly going to keep rewriting the timeline until he gets, what he thinks, is the perfect timeline. One where the destruction of MegaVille in GT never happens, but Time Squad still exist. That's a very good, and slightly possible. Even more that means Bell is a real "legit" PowerPuff.

It also kind of reminds me of what Alexander Luthor did in Infinite Crisis: Mixing and remaking an infinite possibilities of Earths until he made the perfect Earth. I just hope if that is what X is going for that he doesn't have the same ending as Luthor. *spoiler* Killed by a villain he left out. *cough*Joker*cough*
The Madness has gone quiet for now. But it's always there and will return.
I'm cured, mostly.
Seeker of truth. Truth of Light and Darkness.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:20 am

@Mega
The Time Squad isn't stopping anything. It's actually the opposite. Otto's watch forced him out that time so that he couldn't change anything about it. Plus, you're ignoring Havoc's counterpoints.

@Havoc
I understood what he meant, I stand by my statement. The common misunderstanding is that PPGD leads to GT. Hagaren's theory is basically saying that GT leads to PPGD. Since the two comics aren't connected, both the prior misunderstanding and theory are null. But, your explanations are more well explained and to the comics' logic.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby BeeAre » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:03 pm

I don't like the connection being made, but if you see how Megaville failed in GT, the implication that was made is basically: GT is PpGD's bad end. If the villains win in PpGD, it leads down the road to GT. That's why GT is separate from PpGD. Yes?
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Yarott » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:47 pm

BeeAre wrote:I don't like the connection being made, but if you see how Megaville failed in GT, the implication that was made is basically: GT is PpGD's bad end. If the villains win in PpGD, it leads down the road to GT. That's why GT is separate from PpGD. Yes?

We need more DeLorean shennanigans with Doc and McFly. Like them being part of the founding group of the current century.
Dairy Mega Evolution

Postby Havoc » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:07 am

I would love to see a some Back to the Future references during the more time travel focused parts of this comic, but as for Doc and McFly themselves showing up, no.

Hey BeeAre, how different is GT's past compared to PpGD's present? Has this ever been addressed by you or anyone else in Bleed's team? The way I see it: Without the Time Squad, GT's past would have played out a lot differently than PpGD's. We get into a lot Butterfly Effect shit.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby BeeAre » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:50 am

again, if GT is suggested to be the bad end of PpGD, that means that GT's past IS PpGD's present. Just no real victories D:
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Havoc » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:10 am

Well if you say so.
It's just that without the Time Squad in existence, Blossom would have never found out about Dexter's past and, that's only scratching the surface.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:50 am

At least Eli Whitney didn't create a horde of flesh eating robots.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hagaren » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:25 am

Ok, I have read the coments so here is what I can say (again, excuse my grammar)

My theory (can I call it that way?) is using a time travel system similar to the one we can see in Steins;Gate: multiple paralel timelines that exist for every possibility. Why this is important? Because that means that if one guy travel to another one timeline, the his timeline isnt affected, so he still exist and the two possible worlds ARE NOT CONNECTED AT ALL.

There are two PPGD here: The first one is the one we see in the past visions in GT, the one that has Blossom doing "something" unthinkable apparently and Him transforming into an allmighty being, this is the timeline (PPGD1 -> GT) that X comes from.

1. Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi (PpGD) and Grim Tales (GT) are NOT connected.
Despite the conclusions you can take away from reading the PpGD and GT comic by Bleedman, they are not connected together. GT is not the future and PpGD is not the past. They are two separate universes on two alternate timelines. So consider them separate universes. At some point the comics do share a origin where the timeline was one. This separation will be explained in a future story arc explaining how Samurai Jack ended up in the PpGD, and takes place in the past predating both comics. This has been confirmed by the PpGD writer, BeeAre.

We know that X has tecnology that in someway affects spacetime, why? We dont know what the bombs does, but because of Otto we know it at the very least has an spacetime effect, so we can at the very least asume that X knows his quantum phisics at a good level

3. What does the bomb in PpGD do? Is it going to go off?
We have no idea what the bomb EXACTLY does. We do know that it has something to do with time and potentially space as indicated by the comic and by BeeAre. The bomb has gone off in the comic, it is safe to assume that it will.

I believe that X is Utonium, and that is because with all his knowledge of biomechamics...................he decide to create a PPG as his most powerfull creation, one that treats him like a father and he treats her like a daughter, curiously calling her BELL (I speak spanish, and in latinoamerica, the fail sister from the cartoon series was called BELLA) WARNING! He didnt need Mojo to tell him anything about the girls to create her, thats really interesting....

X travel to the past, and because X didnt exist in the past, the result is the creation of another timeline, this is PPGD2, the one we read. Time Squad dosnt exist GT, ok, but why? We see a lot of the school kids in the past visions of GT, so why no Otto? I think I know the reason, and the reason is X itself. Otto explains that the bomb exploding is a mystery that the Time Squad hasnt resolve and, in his words, "I cant be sure, but this may be why the time squad exists!" (see The Tiger Above, The Cliff Below chapter. In PPGD1, there was NO BOMB, so there was no REASON for the existance of the Time Squad, it fits.

But why did X travel to the past in the first place? To prevent the horrible future to exist of course!!! Of course, he has no real way to know what is going to happen, only an idea, but for him that is enough: "I'll be honest, Irken. I can't say to you what WILL happen. Only what MIGHT. While it is my tryumph, I simply cannot tell you that it is....the future" (see Two Tense chapter; by the way, what a curious name)

So, thats it, I want to know what you think now :)

P.D: Dr.X and Bell appear in the Nasty Burger in GT, but that may be only a cameo XD
Last edited by Hagaren on Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:09 am

I've brought up Steins;Gate a few time before :D

This is how I've viewed PPGD and GT for some time. Your theory is interesting, but it connects GT to PPGD. Basically, you're saying GT created PPGD, or did you mean a third timeline was involved?

Another note, with the new update we should be discussing there. It's an April Fool's update though, so I'm unsure. It'd be best to move this to the Bleed Predictions thread, to be safe. I'll edit a link later.

BAM: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7644&p=3481725#p3481725
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Previous

Return to Comic Updates and News!