Brave New World - 2011-Present

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Brave New World - 2011-Present

Postby Gizzy Ghost » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:23 am

Are the kids that young? I thought they were in high school.
Give in to the DARKNESS

Postby Hallow Nova » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:00 pm

They're all short as hell if they were high schoolers.

I believe they're in the 4th grade. Maybe, maybe not, but they are in elementary school. So that puts them between 10-12. I personally lean towards 12.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ULTRADJWEEN » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:11 pm

I'd like to got to the medium and say at least 11 years old. I think that's the age of a 5th grader, but I'm not sure.
Just Rockin

Postby Hallow Nova » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:21 pm

I think it's 11-12 years old, depending on their birthdays.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Laytho2 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:26 pm

Megadon wrote:@Dan I see that Dexter and Olga kiss as a spur the moment kind of thing. I mean they thought they were going to die. And again Dexter feels guilty for her brothers death so there's that too.

Truthfully, now that I think about it, I see the Dexter/Olga thing as a new family not a relationship. Dexter lost his sister, and she lost her brother. And maybe together they can get back that feeling of family they lost. So again to me Dexter and Olga; new bro and sis, not BF and GF.

So what your saying is that kissing someone means they're equivalent to being your sibling?…

Postby Megadon » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:48 pm

@Lay. No I'm saying their kissing was a whole spur the moment thing, since they thought they were going to die. But as for relationship for Dexter and Olga, long term, it's going to be a new brother/sister thing. To fill in the missing gaps in their lives. And for why I'm telling Dexter to get over it; he's been doing the hero thing for a long time. He's already seen one death, felt responsible, nearly went insane, but eventually he got over it. This one is no different, and he can't really blame himself for it. It was Mandark's choice not his. Plus I think Olga is over it because if she was still angry at him she would still have her terrifying death cloud, and she wouldn't have tried to kiss him. Even if he was protecting her.

And truthfully I thought they were all just starting middle school. I mean what elementary school has kindo classes as an extracurricular class. Even if the sensei is a legendary samurai.
The Madness has gone quiet for now. But it's always there and will return.
I'm cured, mostly.
Seeker of truth. Truth of Light and Darkness.

Postby Panty Anarchy » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:56 pm

Japanese schools.
I am thou... Thou art I... From the sea of thy soul, I come...
Soulchild: u thnk evry thng stupid.
DaCrum: Warbear, why did you suddenly become pretty cool? Stop it.
BR:love is just a boner everyone is looking to fart on warbear
Slutty Angel

Postby BeeAre » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:30 pm

In my little fic PME, the plan is to stagger the pairings, no color-coordination. Since I fucked with the notion of the girls' backstory, it was easy to justify fucking with the boys' story even more.

This proved useful for plotting the RrB's involvement with PpGD, sans the shipping.

As to why pairing at all in PME but not PpGD: The staff over at CN back in the 90s really didn't think it through to add evil boy counterparts before they added evil girl counterparts, who would accomplish the same thing with less shipping immediately popping out.

Now in a strictly Powerpuff universe, it's more or less unavoidable, in my humble opinion, that the concept gets tried out. They are the only boy and girl superheroes of their. Well, species is a bit off, but that's probably closest to what I mean without launching into a diatribe about Puff Anatomy. :P (I could regale you all with stories of how I sorted out Blossom's ice breath in my head-canon as a side-effect of her slightly-different sinuses, which in all three girls would act as giant heating plates, letting them discharge the heat through their eyes.)

Now, in PpGD, by contrast, we have so much shit going on due to the general crossovers--and you know, the specific issue that Bleed paired Blossom with Dexter--that RrB pairing is frankly very messy. Subverting it is quite fun in this environment.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Laytho2 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:52 pm

Megadon wrote:@Lay. No I'm saying their kissing was a whole spur the moment thing, since they thought they were going to die. But as for relationship for Dexter and Olga, long term, it's going to be a new brother/sister thing. To fill in the missing gaps in their lives. And for why I'm telling Dexter to get over it; he's been doing the hero thing for a long time. He's already seen one death, felt responsible, nearly went insane, but eventually he got over it. This one is no different, and he can't really blame himself for it. It was Mandark's choice not his. Plus I think Olga is over it because if she was still angry at him she would still have her terrifying death cloud, and she wouldn't have tried to kiss him. Even if he was protecting her.

And truthfully I thought they were all just starting middle school. I mean what elementary school has kindo classes as an extracurricular class. Even if the sensei is a legendary samurai.

nope Im pretty sure they're in year 6 or as you americans call it "5th grade". And I'm saying YOU HAVE TO GIVE THESE THINGS TIME, yes Dexter will soon move on, but I think you say he isn't completely over DD either as he keeps seeing Bubbles as her which made him depressed and has stopped making so many inventions since her death as stated by Blossom to Otto. Also just because Bubble's sunny cloud is gone doesn't mean she isn't happy anymore nor does Mandy's one being gone mean she's not still… Mandy, THAT CLOUD THING WAS A JOKE, Also you don't get over your siblings death after a few months, Olga is still distraught about Mandark, she just may blame Dex a lil less, ALSO Dex kissed her, she didn't kiss him, she hugged him.

But yeah I guess I agree on the whole new bro sis thing :D

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:07 pm

They're in fourth grade. It was explained in the first few pages.

The marker above the class room door they enter in is explained to indicate the grade. Which would place them at 9 to 10 years old, using the American placement system. The one issue is that the girls attended kindergarten shortly after being created, thus their biological and social age is misaligned by about 5 years.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Laytho2 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:21 pm

Blood Lord wrote:They're in fourth grade. It was explained in the first few pages.

The marker above the class room door they enter in is explained to indicate the grade. Which would place them at 9 to 10 years old, using the American placement system. The one issue is that the girls attended kindergarten shortly after being created, thus their biological and social age is misaligned by about 5 years.

They could have attended kindegarden 5 years after being born, plus it says on the wiki that they're 11 years old…

Postby Hallow Nova » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:24 pm

That's nice. But in the original show and movie, they came out the pot in 5 year old bodies. Mentally, they were more mature than newborns.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:54 pm

The wiki is wrong and unofficial. Don't rely on something like that.

Also, go watch the cartoon again if you're trying to BS the idea that they waited five years after their ceeation to go to school.

Think and reason things out. Let your theories be shaped by the facts and not then other way around.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:16 pm

Yes, the ages aren't correct on the wiki. Most characters retain their ages from the original show. Characters like Mandy and Dexter have official ages in the show (11) which would seem accurate with the classes they are in. The only difference are the ages of the PpG who then were given the same age as the others. However Grids did tell me that characters like Mandy and Blossom are around the age of 35.

And now back to the shipping thing. I don't support PpG x RrB simply because it seems like a forced color pattern love. For example I would like a Brick x Princess relationship, or Bubbles x Mac.
CHECK OUT THE SNAFU COMICS WIKI

Postby Havoc » Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:52 am

Mac? Princess? Boy, and Sigment accuses me of being random with the shipping. XD
I agree the forced color panel love is just lame. I still support the RRB X PPG mix up though.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby MsAnimemangalover » Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:53 am

Tenshi Nova wrote:Welcome MsAnimemangalover! (ain't that a long name xD) Please read the rules and enjoy your stay among us!

Thanks so much welcoming me in this website. :angel: :angel: I will follow the rules although i still have difficulty in this website.

Postby Havoc » Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:04 am

Welcome to our humble corner of the internet. :mrgreen:

If you're having any "difficulties" feel free to ask for guidance.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Krest » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:06 am

I actually would be fine with a BrickxPrincess pairing, as long as Princess has mentally matured as well.
Sleep With Neil Patrick Harris

Postby Darkingdomhearts » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:02 am

Havoc wrote:Mac? Princess? Boy, and Sigment accuses me of being random with the shipping. XD
I agree the forced color panel love is just lame. I still support the RRB X PPG mix up though.

Haha, we also have Blossom x Dexter. But yeah, it are just a few random combinations, although they kinda make sense. I could see Princess date Brick, she will probably boss him around, but not control him. They are kinda the rival couple. And Mac still has that young spirit just like Bubbles. But you could match Bubbles with many. Buttercup however will go for the older dudes xD (Jack & Ace)
CHECK OUT THE SNAFU COMICS WIKI

Postby Laytho2 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:05 am

Tenshi Nova wrote:That's nice. But in the original show and movie, they came out the pot in 5 year old bodies. Mentally, they were more mature than newborns.

What if they came out with 5 year old bodies and didn't age for like 5 years? Because I don't remember them being as mature as they were in the show after being created (was right after their creation ever shown?!).
But you may be right, Dexter might want to date a 6 year old *shudders*

Postby Tron » Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:32 pm

Darkingdomhearts wrote:
Havoc wrote:Mac? Princess? Boy, and Sigment accuses me of being random with the shipping. XD

Haha, we also have Blossom x Dexter. But yeah, it are just a few random combinations, although they kinda make sense. I could see Princess date Brick, she will probably boss him around, but not control him. They are kinda the rival couple. And Mac still has that young spirit just like Bubbles. But you could match Bubbles with many. Buttercup however will go for the older dudes xD (Jack & Ace)

Its weird how Buttercup does seem to like older dudes, kinda creepy actually... There's even a story line where Ace and buttercup end up together, and she becomes the lead singer in Ace's band. The weird part is that this idea is originally from CN. o.O
Evolution is now

Postby Hallow Nova » Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:45 pm

Laytho2 wrote:
Tenshi Nova wrote:That's nice. But in the original show and movie, they came out the pot in 5 year old bodies. Mentally, they were more mature than newborns.

What if they came out with 5 year old bodies and didn't age for like 5 years? Because I don't remember them being as mature as they were in the show after being created (was right after their creation ever shown?!).

They came out the pot able to speak. fly and as mature as a toddler can get, if not than more. You should really go watch the movie. It's pretty good.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Laytho2 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:48 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:
Laytho2 wrote:

They came out the pot able to speak. fly and as mature as a toddler can get, if not than more. You should really go watch the movie. It's pretty good.

Really? I'll try it then :D.
(at what point did this forum become all about RRB x PPG?)

Postby Hallow Nova » Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:50 pm

Roughly when BR mentioned how he'll be toying with us all using ships.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hagaren » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:32 pm

Ok, I have create this acount just to say this because I need your opinions, I dont even speak english so excuse for my grammar.

I believe that X is Utonium, from the timeline that ends in Grimtales. I dont know why, I cant really explain it, but I just have this feeling (I write comics myself, not oficialy of course) maybe his plan is to actually save the past to rewrite the future

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!